What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (16 Viewers)

I'll take 1.1 and the picks, don't think those other picks needed to be added. for me Bell and 1.1 is very close and I lean 1.1
I offered Bell for the 1.1 weeks ago, before retirement threats and reports of highest bidder stuff, and got rejected with no counter. So for me the 1.1 alone was already more than enough without the picks no matter the team makeup and if it is young, old, rebuilding or competing, give me the 1.1 over Bell straight up all day all the time.

Agree. I think this is a good return to get out from the headache of Bell.
I was not involved with that trade but I think it was fairly even on paper - I don't think Bell's situation will turn out to be too much of a headaches however and Bell is only 25 and still a top 3 RB if not #1.

I do think the team trading for Bell made a big mistake however, as they "earned" the 1.01 and Bell does not make them a contender at all (for example his top 4 WRs are Crowder, Lee, Ginn and Goodwin). If I was him I would have tried to turn the 1.01 into multiple picks and/or players. The team trading off Bell has been a yearly contender but wants to retool a little so I think he did well.

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Not involved in this one.

Team A sent:

Stefon Diggs WR MIN

2018 2.05/2.12

2019 1st (should be middle)/2nd (should be middle)

Team B sent:

Jerrick McKinnon RB MIN

Alshon Jeffery WR PHI

Team A got SPANKED in this.  Brother trading with brother (Team A is new to the league.)

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Team A sent:

Stefon Diggs WR MIN

2018 2.05/2.12

Team B sent:

Jerrick McKinnon RB MIN

Alshon Jeffery WR PHI

Team A got SPANKED in this.  Brother trading with brother (Team A is new to the league.)
SayWhat?!  That's ludicrous.  

Diggs = Jeffery

The rest is asinine.

12 team ppr QB / 2RB / 3 WR / TE / FL

Team A gave up Hooper, Austin ATL TE

Team B gave up Cole, Keelan JAC WR
I like Cole but would swap him for Hooper, especially if TE get more ppr.

Team A gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

Team B gave up 1.01; 3.01; 4.01; 5.01
The 1s, and with the retirement talk, even if we don't believe it, it's not all that close.

Zealots Field (non-PPR)

Team A sent:

Stefon Diggs WR MIN

2018 2.05/2.12

Team B sent:

Jerrick McKinnon RB MIN

Alshon Jeffery WR PHI

Oof. :X

SayWhat?!  That's ludicrous.  

Diggs = Jeffery

The rest is asinine.
I think I like alshon a little more but nowhere near this much. 

FFPC

Gave: Alshon Jeffrey,  Tyler Eifert

Got: Josh Gordon, 2.3

This was about as much work as I can recall doing on a trade and things are slow right now so I'll talk about it

The team that got Eifert had been working on obtaining him from me for over a week, felt they needed a TE upgrade and they focused on Eifert since they knew he was not in my plans. Eifert was running -2 on my teams cutline, essentially I had till March 31st to trade him or cut him. I'd already had two other teams reject mid seconds for him and that's just the teams that responded. I knew FA could alter his value but in a league where he has a really small market that has it's risk so he was for sure someone I wanted to move if the price was right.

The team I traded with just picked up the 2.3 yesterday. They had asked me before they did that trade if I'd deal Eifert for a mid second and I had let them know it would depend on what they mean by mid?  Right after they got the 2.3, before I could make an offer, he emailed me to say he just could not pay 2.3 for Eifert right now, but it's close and he'd think about it. I knew Gordon was available, we had come really close to a Kupp/Eifert for Gordon trade a few times but could not quite come to an agreement and I knew he wanted to move him and get out from under the risk. I had been shopping Alshon heavily in this league, not a lot of interest or any really and while I'd list him as barely being my WR3 he's is someone I only started a few times last year. Not a real key piece.  I value Gordon more in general, but especially on this team. My team is super deep but I feel like something is missing in terms of heavy hitting studs. I'd put it in terms of looking at my team from a redraft angle and Hunt and Michael Thomas are my best bets to go in round one. So I don't have a round one lock IMO.  Now I think my team could easily have 10-11 players drafted before end of round 4, so a ton of depth but just a little light on studs and a whole bunch of WDIS decisions.  So  I'd rather take a shot on a high risk/high ceiling guy (which is why I was trying to deal Kupp to get him earlier-I think I used him one week).

So I figured Alshon is more valued in dynasty to most then Gordon and hopefully to this other team and I'd use him to sweeten the pot on his end to do Eifert for 2.3 and that's how it got done.  Not sure how this looks in a vacuum but it for sure fit what my team needed.

You wouldn't know it in my leagues. I have offered Melvin Gordon plus and Cook or Mixon or McCaffery plus in my leagues and been rejected with no counters. 
I've been considering offering similar deals in my league Melvin/plus or CMC/plus for Bell.

what was your "plus" if you don't mind me asking? Mine would be a 2018 1st (9th pick)

I’ve been shopping Bell for a while now and can’t get anywhere near what others are seeing.  I tried straight up for the 1.01.  Mixon and the 1.05.   The counters I get back are way lower than what I would sell him for.  

Mixon and the 1.05.
Why the urgency to deal Bell? This contract thing is all posturing right now and it will work itself out. Him bringing up retirement is laughable. Admittedly I am not a Mixon fan but that return seems tremendously risky for a consistent difference maker who is only 26.

Last edited by a moderator:

Team A gave up Hill, Jeremy CIN RB; Miller, Braxton HOU WR; Year 2018 2.03

Team B gave up Woods, Robert LAR WR

Team A gave up Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB

Team B gave up 1.01; 3.01; 4.01; 5.01

Team A gave up Hooper, Austin ATL TE

Team B gave up Cole, Keelan JAC WR
I don't see Hooper ever being a horse, so in flat 1 PPR for all, I'd give Cole a shot.

This one went down in FFPC yesterday, not involved

Devonta Freeman and 1.6 for Kamara
I'd take AK here, but looks right. 

FFPC trade just went down this morning:

Team A gave: 1.4, 2.3, Shaheen, and 2019#1 projected as near top 4 lock.

Team B gave: Derrick Henry, 2019#1 projected playoff pick in 7-12 range, my guess closer to 10-12 then 6-8.
1.4 side handily. Great churn deal for a competitive Team B. 

Just saw this go down in an FFPC league. Probably even value with risks / upside for both, so depends on personal preference outlook.

Amari Cooper for Davante Adams
I have Cooper one slot higher than Adams. 

FFPC

Gave: Alshon Jeffrey,  Tyler Eifert

Got: Josh Gordon, 2.3

This was about as much work as I can recall doing on a trade and things are slow right now so I'll talk about it

The team that got Eifert had been working on obtaining him from me for over a week, felt they needed a TE upgrade and they focused on Eifert since they knew he was not in my plans. Eifert was running -2 on my teams cutline, essentially I had till March 31st to trade him or cut him. I'd already had two other teams reject mid seconds for him and that's just the teams that responded. I knew FA could alter his value but in a league where he has a really small market that has it's risk so he was for sure someone I wanted to move if the price was right.

The team I traded with just picked up the 2.3 yesterday. They had asked me before they did that trade if I'd deal Eifert for a mid second and I had let them know it would depend on what they mean by mid?  Right after they got the 2.3, before I could make an offer, he emailed me to say he just could not pay 2.3 for Eifert right now, but it's close and he'd think about it. I knew Gordon was available, we had come really close to a Kupp/Eifert for Gordon trade a few times but could not quite come to an agreement and I knew he wanted to move him and get out from under the risk. I had been shopping Alshon heavily in this league, not a lot of interest or any really and while I'd list him as barely being my WR3 he's is someone I only started a few times last year. Not a real key piece.  I value Gordon more in general, but especially on this team. My team is super deep but I feel like something is missing in terms of heavy hitting studs. I'd put it in terms of looking at my team from a redraft angle and Hunt and Michael Thomas are my best bets to go in round one. So I don't have a round one lock IMO.  Now I think my team could easily have 10-11 players drafted before end of round 4, so a ton of depth but just a little light on studs and a whole bunch of WDIS decisions.  So  I'd rather take a shot on a high risk/high ceiling guy (which is why I was trying to deal Kupp to get him earlier-I think I used him one week).

So I figured Alshon is more valued in dynasty to most then Gordon and hopefully to this other team and I'd use him to sweeten the pot on his end to do Eifert for 2.3 and that's how it got done.  Not sure how this looks in a vacuum but it for sure fit what my team needed.
Good color. I'd happily deal Eifert for the 2.3, and feel Jeffery/Gordon is a matter of risk tolerance. So I like your side given your rationale. 

Why the urgency to deal Bell? This contract thing is all posturing right now and it will work itself out. Him bringing up retirement is laughable. Admittedly I am not a Mixon fan but that return seems tremendously risky for a consistent difference maker who is only 26.
The league I own him in was a very aging contender (Brees, McCoy, J. Nelson, Fitz, J. Graham) and I think my championship window has closed so looking to blow the team up.  I think Bell’s value will only go down from here so trying to move him now.  

Team whose pick he got was third best team in regular season last year, finished second in playoffs.  His team was second worst in the league last year and a healthy amount of points from third worst team and was only the second worst team because the worst team did stuff like start Rico Gathers at TE for most of the season.

If he is seeing the 2019 picks differently he's got more problems then overpaying for Henry.
What kind of league tolerates this?

Team A Gives: Julio Jones, Pick 1.07, Alex Smith 

Team B Gives: Aaron Rodgers, Pick 1.03, 2019 1st
I know it can be tough to say, but if that 1.3 is an indication of the future 1st, then I'd go that route if it were more assumed rather than possible that it's an early 1st. If it's a mid 1st in 2019, I'd prefer the Julio side. 

1/2/3/1/1/1/1flex ppr 12 team

gave: Corey coleman

got: ebron

I feel ebron has been on a normal career arc and could still turn a corner and turn into a consistent te1. 

FFPC league, two trades in the last week in the same league. 

GAVE Carlos Hyde, Tevin Coleman
GOT 2019 1st (projects 1-4), Kyle Rudolph

A lot would have to go wrong for this not to go in my favor. I cannot imagine his core of Cousins - Hyde/Tarik/Mack - DT/Funchess/Kupp/Agholor/White - Ebron/Hooper is a competitive team, but he's not good enough to where he wins the 1.1 lottery, so let's say 1.4 to be conservative. 

GAVE Josh Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Kyle Rudolph
GOT Davante Adams, Hunter Henry, 2.2, 2.12

I never thought I'd click "send" on an offer involving Josh Gordon. I believe he still has a higher upside to Adams, and for that it was difficult to view this as an upgrade to my lineup. Says more about my love for Gordon than it does a lack of love for Adams. I then lined up Drake for Henry/2.12 which was even for me in this format which boosts Henry's value, leaving Rudy for 2.2 which was a solid premium on a player in Rudolph I do not view as an impact starter. 

What kind of league tolerates this?
FFPC and in my experience they will take action if something like this is reported but guess no one reported it. I did not notice it till season was over but the guy had no angle, does not own his draft pick so was not tanking just did not care anymore.

FFPC league, two trades in the last week in the same league. 

GAVE Carlos Hyde, Tevin Coleman
GOT 2019 1st (projects 1-4), Kyle Rudolph

Can see both sides with Hyde approaching FA and Coleman hitting it next season and both have shown a little something but I'd take a top 4 pick over them and especially like it if I'm clearing roster room.  I'm not a Rudolph guy however and would move him, that season he had last year was an anomaly,

GAVE Josh Gordon, Kenyan Drake, Kyle Rudolph
GOT Davante Adams, Hunter Henry, 2.2, 2.12
If I'm looking at this as Adams vs JG, Drake vs Henry, Rudolph vs the picks you won convincingly across the board. If it's Adams vs JG,  HH vs Rudolph, Drake vs the picks you might have tied on Drake but crushed him on HH over Rudolph.

I just posted earlier about how I just traded for Gordon but I'll take Adams signed up in Green Bay over him  but if the Chargers use HH right might be the most valuable player you got back, I got Henry as a top 5 TE. Rudolph is not someone I'd even want to keep on most teams and I can't trust Drake to have that kind of role again.

I've been considering offering similar deals in my league Melvin/plus or CMC/plus for Bell.

what was your "plus" if you don't mind me asking? Mine would be a 2018 1st (9th pick)
Melvin deal was adding Golden Tate and his choice of John Ross, David Njoku, or my 2018 2nd. 

CMac deal was was pick 1.08, 2.08 this year and eith my 2019 1st, Kupp, or O.J. Howard. 

FFPC, not involved. Dak was moved for Garoppolo. 
I don’t see dak getting into top 5 discussion. He will have some nice games but also gets those 250/1td games too. He’ll get the occasional rushing td and tack on some yds on the ground, but lacks the receiving talent to have a higher ceiling. Plus half of his throws wobble down the field. While jimmys receivers aren’t all that great, we all expect them to address that this year, and i trust the coaching staff there to put together the usual shanahan offense. Give me jimmy. 

This one jumped out at me. Mahomes future looks bright for sure, but it’s a bit of gamble. As a Mahomes owner, it’s interesting to see he’s pulling Dak.
I see dak as a safe floor, back end qb1. He won’t put up too many 300+/3td games, but he gets you 20 pts every week. Sure I’m gambling on mahomes, but with Stafford sitting on my team as well I figured I could swing for upside. I also like Andy Reid’s track record for qbs- he’s had a lot of guys put up solid seasons. I suppose there’s the risk that they play Smith his last year, but I think he gets traded, and I see this as the buy window for mahomes. 

I see dak as a safe floor, back end qb1. He won’t put up too many 300+/3td games, but he gets you 20 pts every week. Sure I’m gambling on mahomes, but with Stafford sitting on my team as well I figured I could swing for upside. I also like Andy Reid’s track record for qbs- he’s had a lot of guys put up solid seasons. I suppose there’s the risk that they play Smith his last year, but I think he gets traded, and I see this as the buy window for mahomes. 
It's funny because this is the perception of Dak, but the reality is more like the complete opposite.

Dak finished QB11 this year despite putting up games with 7, -1, 3, and 5 points.  Meanwhile he had four games with 25+ points, which was tied for 2nd most in the league behind only Russell Wilson (5).

He was actually really boom or bust.  Of the top 15 scoring QBs he had the most bad games (less than 10pts) and tied for the 2nd most great games (more than 25pts).  He had 4 bad games, 4 great games.  Comparitively, someone like Brady had 0 bad games but only two 25+ point games.  Drew Brees was actually what you're really describing here, as he finished as a back-end QB1 with 0 bad games and 0 games with 25+ points.

It's funny because this is the perception of Dak, but the reality is more like the complete opposite.

Dak finished QB11 this year despite putting up games with 7, -1, 3, and 5 points.  Meanwhile he had four games with 25+ points, which was tied for 2nd most in the league behind only Russell Wilson (5).

He was actually really boom or bust.  Of the top 15 scoring QBs he had the most bad games (less than 10pts) and tied for the 2nd most great games (more than 25pts).  He had 4 bad games, 4 great games.  Comparitively, someone like Brady had 0 bad games but only two 25+ point games.  Drew Brees was actually what you're really describing here, as he finished as a back-end QB1 with 0 bad games and 0 games with 25+ points.
If you are me, you lost a lot of money starting Dak in W15 and then doubling down in W16 over Foles/Bortles because it should "even out". I'd imagine many of his owners were ticked off with how low the lows were, it's difficult to overcome those outputs from a position where it is difficult to NOT get 16-18 points from an average waiver wire option. 

The upside is still there, but is he going to evolve as a pocket passer who can take pressure? Jury's out. I'd still hold Dak over Mahomes/Jimmy G, but can't fault the owners who sell for the chance to have a top option. Dak started hot with Zeke, and so I think he finished closer to QB5-8 range than his QB11 finish this year. 

This one jumped out at me. Mahomes future looks bright for sure, but it’s a bit of gamble. As a Mahomes owner, it’s interesting to see he’s pulling Dak.
I tend to always lean towards higher upside.  Dak to me will continue be a low end QB1, which is easily replaceable. Mahomes is a complete unknown but I love his talent and I think he has the type of upside to be a top 3 QB option in the future.  

I tend to always lean towards higher upside.  Dak to me will continue be a low end QB1, which is easily replaceable. Mahomes is a complete unknown but I love his talent and I think he has the type of upside to be a top 3 QB option in the future.  
Sometimes I think fantasy owners confuse "upside" with "not shiny new anymore".

Dak was QB5 last year as a rookie, and was QB4 through the first half of this year prior to Zeke's suspsension, and was QB1 through the first 7 weeks of this year.  He's 24 years old.

In what way is that a guy who lacks upside to be a top 3 option?  He basically had a bad half season alongside 1.5 years of top 5 fantasy QB play to start his career.  Russell Wilson at this point in his career was a similar style QB on a similar run first team who started his career with QB8 and QB10 finishes.

Snorkelson said:
Gave: dak

got: mahomes

I like what I saw out of mahomes, offered the swap. 
I'd take Mahomes. There is no QB I'd be trying to buy right now more than him.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dak was QB5 last year as a rookie, and was QB4 through the first half of this year prior to Zeke's suspsension, and was QB1 through the first 7 weeks of this year.  He's 24 years old.

In what way is that a guy who lacks upside to be a top 3 option?  He basically had a bad half season alongside 1.5 years of top 5 fantasy QB play to start his career.  Russell Wilson at this point in his career was a similar style QB on a similar run first team who started his career with QB8 and QB10 finishes.
Exactly.  Mahomes has one start and zero career passing TDs under his belt.  I don't quite get the hype.  He was a lesser prospect than Josh Allen is today.  Josh Allen can be had for a 3rd round rookie pick and Mahomes costs Dak?  I don't get it.  

Agreed.  Makes little to sense.

All good points, and I really don’t have an  arguement against it. Perhaps I was hasty in the decision making and traded to trade- but I’m not a big dak fan, plus he plays for the cowboys. Probably not good Fantasy arguements. 

All good points, and I really don’t have an  arguement against it. Perhaps I was hasty in the decision making and traded to trade- but I’m not a big dak fan, plus he plays for the cowboys. Probably not good Fantasy arguements. 
I agree with the points raised by FreeBagel on Dak's theoretical upside and  would even add that Dak was performing most of the season with what I'd consider a bottom 3 pass receiving group.

I'd still take Mahomes. He's got it got it all set it for him and really only negative people can say is he's not done anything yet which is really more if an incomplete than a negative and he did look good playing with a bunch of backups against Denver. Arm, legs, weapons, scheme. It's all right there. I don't think he'll ever be as cheap as he is now.

I agree with the points raised by FreeBagel on Dak's theoretical upside and  would even add that Dak was performing most of the season with what I'd consider a bottom 3 pass receiving group.

I'd still take Mahomes. He's got it got it all set it for him and really only negative people can say is he's not done anything yet which is really more if an incomplete than a negative and he did look good playing with a bunch of backups against Denver. Arm, legs, weapons, scheme. It's all right there. I don't think he'll ever be as cheap as he is now.
He had warts as a prospect.  He played in a gimmicky offense, made some poor decisions, and his mechanics need some work.  I think we can all agree that the upside is there.  I just don't understand what he's done to go from a 4th round rookie pick (June ADP - DLF) to being a QB1.  

I’ll admit that his numbers are better than what I thought they were.  Though Zeke suspension or not, he finished 15th in my league in PPG.    Alex Smith was the QB1 in the league before the Chris Conley injury and only the QB9 after that.  My point being that it can be dangerous to extrapolate stats from a small sample size, as there are a lot of factors in play (strength of schedule, injuries, etc.) 

Really what is comes down to for me though is Mahomes is just my guy.  I have him in every league I’m in.  I think he’s the next superstar QB and I’d gladly move a guy like Dak for him.   

He had warts as a prospect.  He played in a gimmicky offense, made some poor decisions, and his mechanics need some work.  I think we can all agree that the upside is there.  I just don't understand what he's done to go from a 4th round rookie pick (June ADP - DLF) to being a QB1.  
Has not been a QB since Luck that did not have warts as a prospect.  Chiefs saw enough to commit heavily to him in the draft and I'm past the prospect stage here.

Since the rookie drafts quite a lot has changed.

He looked great in pre-season, looked legit in his one start.

Qb's are not heavily valued in leagues I'm in and no one really puts any kind of value on holding a QB for a whole year. Unless you think Alex Smith is returning as the starting QB that year has passed. He was considered a little raw coming into the league but now has a whole year getting developed by Andy Reid.

The weapons continued to grow and we just saw Alex Smith post a top 5 season this offense and let's highlight that for a second. When Andy Reid took the Chiefs job I looked at total team QB production per season during his time on the Eagles. If I'm not mistaken he had on year during his Eagles tenure when the total team QB production was not top 15, and that was a year he had to deal with a lot of patchwork QB's. Then he got Alex Smith and spent first 4 years with him with sub top 15 production before this year. What changed? Part of that was growth of weapons like Hill but the other part, the bigger part IMO, is that Alex Smith started playing with a little more aggressiveness. Let me put this another way of saying that only the extremely safe approach of Alex Smith had been what was been keeping the starting QB of the Chiefs fantasy production down.  I don't see that being an issue with Mahomes and he's athletic and will use his legs which only adds to both upside and floor.  Honestly to me this looks like a layup. Total package of talent, weapons, scheme.

Has not been a QB since Luck that did not have warts as a prospect.  Chiefs saw enough to commit heavily to him in the draft and I'm past the prospect stage here.

Since the rookie drafts quite a lot has changed.

He looked great in pre-season, looked legit in his one start.

Qb's are not heavily valued in leagues I'm in and no one really puts any kind of value on holding a QB for a whole year. Unless you think Alex Smith is returning as the starting QB that year has passed. He was considered a little raw coming into the league but now has a whole year getting developed by Andy Reid.

The weapons continued to grow and we just saw Alex Smith post a top 5 season this offense and let's highlight that for a second. When Andy Reid took the Chiefs job I looked at total team QB production per season during his time on the Eagles. If I'm not mistaken he had on year during his Eagles tenure when the total team QB production was not top 15, and that was a year he had to deal with a lot of patchwork QB's. Then he got Alex Smith and spent first 4 years with him with sub top 15 production before this year. What changed? Part of that was growth of weapons like Hill but the other part, the bigger part IMO, is that Alex Smith started playing with a little more aggressiveness. Let me put this another way of saying that only the extremely safe approach of Alex Smith had been what was been keeping the starting QB of the Chiefs fantasy production down.  I don't see that being an issue with Mahomes and he's athletic and will use his legs which only adds to both upside and floor.  Honestly to me this looks like a layup. Total package of talent, weapons, scheme.
Fair enough; I respect your call.  KC is a great spot for a QB and Mahomes certainly has talent.  I didn't love him as a prospect and still think his floor is low, so he's still a prospect to me.  But I will certainly grant you that the ceiling is there.  He should be a fun guy to watch next year.   

Oh, Jemima.  I THINK it was a hair too much.  But I KNOW you had to pay that much.  If it helps, I also hope/think Barkley will be a stud.  Good luck.  Rooting for you.
Wait, I don't mean "you", um, I mean "Team A."  Yeah, that's what I meant.

Wait, I don't mean "you", um, I mean "Team A."  Yeah, that's what I meant.
I expected most to think I overpaid here and I don't necessarily disagree, was trying to consolidate assets and I have the Barkley fever. I love Guice also so this was hard to do, I'm not a big believer in Hyde and who knows where he winds up but 1.2 and 1.4 were hard to part with. I think I'm officially done now as this is my 3rd 1.1 now in FFPC. Hope the unicorn turns out to be a great one

Users who are viewing this thread