What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (19 Viewers)

-OZ- said:
Good assessment.  I'll go with a two step approach.   First, who gets the real difference makers (including those I think will become DMs) in a 12 team normal league?

Only real DM A gave is Bell.  Njoku could become one, as could Mack if DE. 

Kelce, 1.06;Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.13

Under the "DM optimization strategy" give me what team A gave.

Second, the points approach.  1-10; 10 being reserved for the top 10 pick caliber players, 1 is waiver fodder.

Team A

8 Wentz, Carson PHI QB;

10 Bell, Le'Veon PIT RB;

4* Conner, James PIT RB;

4 Crowder, Jamison WAS WR;

7 Woods, Robert LAR WR;

7 Njoku, David CLE TE;

4 Casey, Jurrell TEN DE;

7 Mack, Khalil OAK LB;

2 Year 2018 Draft Pick 3.10;

2 Year 2018 Draft Pick 4.01;

4 Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick ;

4 Year 2019 Round 2 Draft Pick 

That's 63 points

Team B

5 Ryan, Matt ATL QB;

7 McKinnon, Jerick SFO RB;

1 Conley, Chris KCC WR;

5 Crabtree, Michael BAL WR;

7 Tate, Golden DET WR;

9 Kelce, Travis KCC TE;

6 Jordan, Cameron NOS DE;

6 Brown, Zach WAS LB;

8 Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.06;

7 Year 2018 Draft Pick 1.13;

2 Year 2019 Round 3 Draft Pick 

That's 63 points. 

So that's a long winded way of saying  this looks really even, just comes down to whether you'd prefer the fewer top players or a little more depth. Or how you value picks. 
Mack as LB is not a 7. His value probably a 5. In my league last year he was 41st in PPG. Most other grades good. Like Crabtree and Jordan more than you. 

Hey everyone,

Would appreciate your thoughts on this trade.  Dynasty 12 team .5 PPR, TE premium (1 PPR), 4 pt passing TD

I give: Gurley, Cobb

I get: Keenan Allen, Tevin Coleman, 2018 1.12

My roster: 

QBs: Watson, Stafford

RBs: Gurley, Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Ivory

WRs: Cobb, Brandon Coleman, Amari Cooper, Zay Jones, Landry, Josh Reynolds, Paul Richardson, Taywan Taylor, Carlos Henderson (I currently have him on IR)

TEs: Jake Butt, Ed Dickson, Tyler Eifert, Gerald Everett, ASJ

In 2018 draft, I have 1.03, 1.05, 2.05, and 4.05 picks.

Thank you!

Wes Hogarth

Hey everyone,

Would appreciate your thoughts on this trade.  Dynasty 12 team .5 PPR, TE premium (1 PPR), 4 pt passing TD

If this is a completed trade, you lost.

If it's a suggested trade, you should post such questions in the Assistant Coach Forum. Where they'll tell you not to do that trade.

Hey everyone,

My roster: 

QBs: Watson, Stafford

RBs: Gurley, Hyde, Duke Johnson Jr, D'Onta Foreman, Chris Ivory

WRs: Cobb, Brandon Coleman, Amari Cooper, Zay Jones, Landry, Josh Reynolds, Paul Richardson, Taywan Taylor, Carlos Henderson (I currently have him on IR)

TEs: Jake Butt, Ed Dickson, Tyler Eifert, Gerald Everett, ASJ

In 2018 draft, I have 1.03, 1.05, 2.05, and 4.05 picks.

Thank you!

Wes Hogarth
Not close ... Keep Gurley or get alot more for him.

In terms of picks, what would you need to go from 1.04 (Michel or Chubb) to 1.01 (Barkley)? 
You did not ask me but here are offers I've made in past few days and how it's gone over:

Offered 4 and their choice of Hunt/McCaffrey or Freeman. Was told "we put a lot higher value on Barkley than that". Rejected.   I offered 4 and 5.  Rejected with no comment.

Sent someone more of a question than an offer which as 5/7/Jamaal Williams and a question saying we had interest in Barkley and wanted to know what it would take? Rejected with comment "more than you'll pay".

I had a few other offers I made for 1.1 but those were back in January and was stuff like Bell, pick 3/7, Fournette/12. In hindsight I don't even make offers like that for him today, did not know in January he was as coveted as he is, usually pre NFL-draft you might have a shot. Barkley, the 1.1, is more valued pre NFL draft then any pick since I've been playing fantasy football.

Something else to note. Not a single one of those offers came back with a counter. Not a single one of my leagues have I ever been so much as offered the 1.1. Best I got was the league I made someone the Fournette/12 offer they said they might do Fournette/Josh Gordon, so I offered it and got rejected anyway, to be fair he said might so no harm.

You did not ask me but here are offers I've made in past few days and how it's gone over:

Offered 4 and their choice of Hunt/McCaffrey or Freeman. Was told "we put a lot higher value on Barkley than that". Rejected.   I offered 4 and 5.  Rejected with no comment.

Sent someone more of a question than an offer which as 5/7/Jamaal Williams and a question saying we had interest in Barkley and wanted to know what it would take? Rejected with comment "more than you'll pay".

I had a few other offers I made for 1.1 but those were back in January and was stuff like Bell, pick 3/7, Fournette/12. In hindsight I don't even make offers like that for him today, did not know in January he was as coveted as he is, usually pre NFL-draft you might have a shot. Barkley, the 1.1, is more valued pre NFL draft then any pick since I've been playing fantasy football.

Something else to note. Not a single one of those offers came back with a counter. Not a single one of my leagues have I ever been so much as offered the 1.1. Best I got was the league I made someone the Fournette/12 offer they said they might do Fournette/Josh Gordon, so I offered it and got rejected anyway, to be fair he said might so no harm.
I gave David Johnson and got 1.01 and 2.01.

But, we live in Arizona and DJ is the most coveted player to own for most of us. So even though a lot of people think the picks side won this trade, it was VERY hard for me to give him up, and actually, I may have been able to get even more for him if I pushed a little more.

I posted this earlier in the thread, but just wanted to post an actual completed trade for the 1.01 since we are talking about it.

Thank you.  In a normal year, all of these offers would basically be reasonable.  Barkley's perceived value is off the charts right now. 

It's clear you have a large crush on Hopkins.  That aside, the question wasn't Hopkins vs. Evans.  The guy said he preferred Thomas to Evans and Hopkins to Thomas/1.12. 
Whoops, my mistake regarding the bolded.  Regarding the first part, I own zero shares of any of these 3 guys and didn't really have a strong opinion on any of them until I started looking at things closer when these trades came up in here.  If that qualifies as a large crush then :shrug: .  I do have a crush on elite fantasy players that put up elite, league winning seasons.

So, clearly he's saying that Hopkins > Evans/1.12, which I find laughable.  Do you?
Not at all.  When talking about giants like top 10 dynasty assets the 1.12 is like a fly on the wall to me.  It's not going to tip me one way or the other if I prefer one of them.  I would rather have Hopkins over Evans (who I find to be one of the more overrated players in fantasy) + 1.12 with ease, personally.

ETA:  This is all to say I actually do like Hopkins quite a bit.  I own him in as many leagues as I own Evans.  But I can't just ignore the roller coaster his stats have been on over the years.  Sure, a lot of that is probably attributed to poor QB play (even though you stated he's thrived in spite of it), but what troubles me most is that his two elite years came when their defense was garbage and his targets were through the roof.  I distinctly remember watching his fantasy line during games in 2015, surprised at how many times he was sitting on a dud at halftime, only to go for 100 yards and a TD in the second half while the Texans played from behind.  What do you think will happen this year when Watt and Clowney are back to full health, they have Watson back and aren't going into the half of every game down 14-21 points?
Not sure where you're getting your numbers from.  Texans' defense was obviously awful this year but they were 3rd best in the league in yards allowed and 8th best in points allowed during Hopkins monster 2015 season.

I'm also not sure what you're referencing with the 1st half duds vs. big 2nd halves in garbage time in 2015.  Hopkins got 58.6% of his fantasy production in the 2nd half of games in 2015.  Thomas has gotten 60% and 56.5% of his fantasy production in the 2nd half of games in each of his two seasons.

Surprisingly, Thomas' production has actually been more "garbage timey" than Hopkins'.  In Hopkins two big years he had only 7-86 and 9-120 when his team was trailing by multiple scores.  Thomas had 23-264 when trailing by multiple scords in 2016 alone.

Edit: ack there I go mixing up Thomas and Evans again. I will have to check out Evans' splits tonight when I get home to see if he gains ground there. 

Last edited by a moderator:
In terms of picks, what would you need to go from 1.04 (Michel or Chubb) to 1.01 (Barkley)? 
If i had pick 1, and someone offered me picks 4 and 7, I wouldnt even think it is a serious enough offer to counter.

However, If I did indeed have the #1 pick anyway, I WOULD be selling it for the value he has been going for (not 4/7/10 though, can do better).

He would have to be a hall of famer to justify some of these packages he has been going for, and even then its close to an even swap.  There's just no upside to keeping Barkley or trading for him with his value the way it is.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mack as LB is not a 7. His value probably a 5. In my league last year he was 41st in PPG. Most other grades good. Like Crabtree and Jordan more than you. 
Yeah I was probably too low on Jordan and Crabtree, though I'm not sure about crabs in Baltimore. 

Mack was the 19th, 23rd, and 30th LB in my three IDP leagues (roughly 8-10 slots higher in 16), is just 27 and is one of the best players in the league.  He's a core player imo (I'm obviously a fan)  That's a 7 imo. Fwiw the possibility of moving him to DE might be worth another point. 

All happened during same startup never when OTC except once. Some based on picks OK but some strange picks no doubt!

12 Team PPR, required to start 3 RB and 3 WR

1)

Gave 5.3 (Tate), 2019 2 (traded in round 4)

Got: 5.12 (Watkins), 2019 1 

2)

Gave: 6.10 start-up (early in draft-ended up as Crabtree)

Got: 1.6 Rookie 

3)

Gave: 7.3 start-up (couple rounds before pick-ended up being CJA) 

Got: 2019 1 and some earlier round 10 and 12 pick swaps

4)

Gave: 8.10 start-up (Round before pick, ended up being Agholor)

Got: 2019 1 

5) Not involved (this one painful and frustrating since I offered 9.3 and 3.1 Rookie for the same pick but for some reason he selected this offer instead). 

Gave: 8.12 (Ended up Tedd Ginn  :X ), 12.12, 3.9 Rookie

Got: 11.12, 1.9 Rookie

Talent still OTB - Luck, Newton, Mariota, Goff, Winston, Mike Williams,Golladay, Cobb, Corey Coleman, Crowder

6) 

Gave: 9.3 (while OTC and guy took Perine), 13.3 

Got: 9.10, 11.10
Wow not to mention he could have just traded the 9.03 for that same trade down since I'm sure Ginn would still be there and probably kept 12.12, 3.09R.  That's horrible maneuvering right there.

12 team PPR

Rob Kelley & Rookie pick 4.06

for

Zay Jones

...Received this as an offer after I first inquired about another WR.  I'm a bit unsure what to make of the naked arrest, but, giving up pretty little (I'm not sure if Kelley is still on Redskins by September, and 4.6 can be hit or miss), I thought it was worth seeing if he can play up to potential.

12 team PPR

Rob Kelley & Rookie pick 4.06

for

Zay Jones

...Received this as an offer after I first inquired about another WR.  I'm a bit unsure what to make of the naked arrest, but, giving up pretty little (I'm not sure if Kelley is still on Redskins by September, and 4.6 can be hit or miss), I thought it was worth seeing if he can play up to potential.
Easy accept there

What receivers are comparable to Alex Collins or Jamaal Williams in value? 
Those guys have pretty sporadic value I'd say.  Some like them as future bellcows, some like them in their roles, and some won't pay a penny.  If you split the difference maybe like a Marqise Lee, Jamison Crowder type?  Totally guessing here, but you're better off asking that question in the Dynasty Value Thread.  

Zealots PPR

I'm still not sure on this one, but given the league dynamics and the state of my team, I decided I had to pull the trigger and start the rebuild/tank. I don't think I got as much as I feel I should have, but a lot of these guys I'd been trying to offload for a couple seasons now without any success.

I give:

Russell Wilson QB, Larry Fitzgerald WR, Mike Gillislee RB, Cooper Kupp WR, Daniel Sorensen S

I get:

1.05, 2.05, 2.10, 2019 2nd, Donte Moncrief WR

Honestly, the player I'm saddest to let go of is Kupp, as he was my "hit" in the third round last year, and I really hesitated to let him be included. My team is pretty much a disaster at this point, yet somehow managed to nearly make the playoffs on the backs of Russell, Fitz, and some clutch IDP scoring. I tried all last off season to move Russell and Fitz, but got literally zero takers on Wilson and a 3rd round pick offer for Fitz. The team I ended up making this trade with is literally the only QB needy team in the league (due to Jameis Winston falling flat on his face), which drastically reduced my leverage in getting value for Wilson. As for my roster, my best RB is Isaiah Crowell and it tails off steeply afterward (thanks, Ameer, Dixon, and Perine...). The lone shining star of my team is Michael Thomas. At QB, I also have Stafford and Goff. I've now got the 1.05, 1.08, 2.05, 2.07, 2.08, 2.10 and a bunch of later picks. My hope is to cash in on what I perceive to be a deep draft (especially with IDPs thrown in) this year, have an awful team next year, and land a top pick. This team has floated in the middle of the pack for years now, and at this point I just wanted to try something different. Certainly helps that there is no money on the line :D

Curious if any other Zealots people have had similar troubles in getting value for QBs.

mcintyre1 said:
Zealots PPR

I'm still not sure on this one, but given the league dynamics and the state of my team, I decided I had to pull the trigger and start the rebuild/tank. I don't think I got as much as I feel I should have, but a lot of these guys I'd been trying to offload for a couple seasons now without any success.

I give:

Russell Wilson QB, Larry Fitzgerald WR, Mike Gillislee RB, Cooper Kupp WR, Daniel Sorensen S

I get:

1.05, 2.05, 2.10, 2019 2nd, Donte Moncrief WR

Honestly, the player I'm saddest to let go of is Kupp, as he was my "hit" in the third round last year, and I really hesitated to let him be included. My team is pretty much a disaster at this point, yet somehow managed to nearly make the playoffs on the backs of Russell, Fitz, and some clutch IDP scoring. I tried all last off season to move Russell and Fitz, but got literally zero takers on Wilson and a 3rd round pick offer for Fitz. The team I ended up making this trade with is literally the only QB needy team in the league (due to Jameis Winston falling flat on his face), which drastically reduced my leverage in getting value for Wilson. As for my roster, my best RB is Isaiah Crowell and it tails off steeply afterward (thanks, Ameer, Dixon, and Perine...). The lone shining star of my team is Michael Thomas. At QB, I also have Stafford and Goff. I've now got the 1.05, 1.08, 2.05, 2.07, 2.08, 2.10 and a bunch of later picks. My hope is to cash in on what I perceive to be a deep draft (especially with IDPs thrown in) this year, have an awful team next year, and land a top pick. This team has floated in the middle of the pack for years now, and at this point I just wanted to try something different. Certainly helps that there is no money on the line :D

Curious if any other Zealots people have had similar troubles in getting value for QBs.
Re. Zealots, I'm in two leagues. In both leagues there are two types of owners with regards to QBs.

1) Even at the current 40 player roster size, they have 5 or 6 QBs on their rosters. Trying to obtain a QB from one of these owners is pointless. Last season I tried to acquire a backup for Ryan because Tannehill was injured.They are looking for 1st round picks + for guys like Flacco, etc. Lunacy in a 12 team league that starts 1 QB. I started Kizer on Ryan's bye week. 

2) Owners that have 2-3 QBs on their rosters. If their starters have the same bye week or one gets injured, good luck getting more than a mid to late 2nd round pick for even the best late QB1/QB2 on your roster. 

Re. Zealots, I'm in two leagues. In both leagues there are two types of owners with regards to QBs.

1) Even at the current 40 player roster size, they have 5 or 6 QBs on their rosters. Trying to obtain a QB from one of these owners is pointless. Last season I tried to acquire a backup for Ryan because Tannehill was injured.They are looking for 1st round picks + for guys like Flacco, etc. Lunacy in a 12 team league that starts 1 QB. I started Kizer on Ryan's bye week. 

2) Owners that have 2-3 QBs on their rosters. If their starters have the same bye week or one gets injured, good luck getting more than a mid to late 2nd round pick for even the best late QB1/QB2 on your roster. 
Pretty similar to what I've experienced. I always end up taking a rookie QB in round 2 thinking I'll be able to hold him and move him later, and it never works. Should definitely stop that...

Any start 1 qb league devalues the qb. With large rosters it’s easy to look at the ww qbs and value them more than some practice squad wr that never sees the field like moritz boehringer. When one goes down and you need a starter, sure, they want a premium. Or you simply use an extra spot and pick up the McCown or keenum that is sitting on the ww at the beginning of the season. 

The last few years qbs have lasted into the late 2nd/ early 3rd rds. If you took goff or wentz you’re looking pretty smart right now. If you used a 1st on Mariota or Winston, luck, rg3, you may not be liking where you’re at. Last year Watson went early 2nd and maybe mahomes late 2nd, and Trubisky was the forgotten man in the 3rd. If you drafted dak in the 4th or 5th rd or picked him up on offseason waivers you have value. In fact, it’s probably better use of a 3rd rd pick to take a qb than using early picks on “elite” prospects. 

Users who are viewing this thread