What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (13 Viewers)

12 team PPR league holding rookie draft now

I gave rookie pick 18

I got Noah Fant

No idea if this is good value or not but my only TEs behind Kittle are J. Graham and Olsen. Wanted a younger TE who has a chance to back up Kittle for a number of years.

Pick was used to take AJ Dillon. Rookies still left include Shenault, Tua, Aiyuk.
I would take Fant pretty easily here.

It's pretty crazy how so many people draft rookie TEs knowing they are going to have to wait on them, but then refuse to wait on them once the new shine wears off.

Fant just put up one of the top 10 rookie TE seasons of all time from a productivity standpoint (right on par with Mark Andrews' rookie year) and then this guy trades him away probably for a lower pick than he drafted him at originally.  What the heck was this guy expecting when he picked him if he's going to sell him for less after he puts up a top 10 all-time season for a rookie?

Last edited by a moderator:

It's pretty crazy how so many people draft rookie TEs knowing they are going to have to wait on them, but then refuse to wait on them once the new shine wears off.

Fant just put up one of the top 10 rookie TE seasons of all time from a productivity standpoint (right on par with Mark Andrews' rookie year) and then this guy trades him away probably for a lower pick than he drafted him at originally.  What the heck was this guy expecting when he picked him if he's going to sell him for less after he puts up a top 10 all-time season for a rookie?
Yep. I recently did a FFPC superflex dynasty startup and moved up into the 7th to take Fant as the 9th TE off the board. Granted this was before the NFL draft, but only 8 rookie went ahead of him. Just one example of course.

ETA FFPC is 1.5 PPR for TEs, and with it being superflex - Tua and Burrows were two of those 8 rookies. So only 6 non-QB rookies went ahead of Fant.

Thought it might be interesting to post a trade that just went down during the draft.

PPR

Gave:

Allen Robinson

Got:

1.07 (to draft CeeDee Lamb... almost took him at 1.03)

Huge believer in Lamb. Allen Robinson might be the most underappreciated WR in fantasy, as this looks like an overpay on my part but he just doesn't have a lot of trade value. He was my WR4/5 so I'm ok with an "overpay" as the payoff could be huge and I'm ok waiting for it. 

Thought it might be interesting to post a trade that just went down during the draft.

PPR

Gave:

Allen Robinson

Got:

Huge believer in Lamb. Allen Robinson might be the most underappreciated WR in fantasy, as this looks like an overpay on my part but he just doesn't have a lot of trade value. He was my WR4/5 so I'm ok with an "overpay" as the payoff could be huge and I'm ok waiting for it. 
Bad. ARob was WR8 last year. 

I think my league mates just sent me a message. I'd sent out several feelers, never anything stupid, but never a counter.

And then two teams did this one. Moving down three picks in the first just to get a late third? I don't get it.

Give: 1.12 & 3.09

Get: 1.09

:shrug:

Team trading Fant away also had Andrews and Goedert. Disappointed, was trying to get one of his TE’s away from him but didn’t have an early 2nd to trade.

I think my league mates just sent me a message. I'd sent out several feelers, never anything stupid, but never a counter.

And then two teams did this one. Moving down three picks in the first just to get a late third? I don't get it.

I'm looking to move down to mid-first from 1.01 and getting no real value from the calculators to even send anything out, really. The price of missing the mid-to-late first that I want is too steep, but the value lost by picking him 1.01 is too great. I'm stuck in my draft spot and stuck with a value play I don't want. Strange. It should be nice to control the draft, but I feel like the draft is in control of me. Perhaps a second and future second is really all one can ask in a move so slightly downward as the 1.05. But that doesn't seem even wroth the risk of not getting who you covet.

So go buy him. And hope he stays healthy and performs. Which has happened twice in 6 seasons 🤣 

His value is where it is for a reason. 
I think you both are too terse with each other and that the answer lies in the middle. ARob had a spectacular year last year. That said, his injury history and age are factors against him in dynasty lifetime value.

His ability to get separation with speed is also a concern. But the man can flat out run routes and play.

I think you both are too terse with each other and that the answer lies in the middle. ARob had a spectacular year last year. That said, his injury history and age are factors against him in dynasty lifetime value.

His ability to get separation with speed is also a concern. But the man can flat out run routes and play.
Dude is a clown who speaks like a clown. It's not unexpected.

Agree with everything you said about ARob. Although at almost 27 he's a down or injured season away from zero value. Lamb is on the other end of that spectrum. He was the consensus WR1 heading into the draft and I was able to procure him at 1.07. That's insane and his value should only rise. To me, Lamb and ARob are ike two ships passing in opposite directions. One headed towards zero trade value, one rising. I think they passed each other even before Lamb was drafted. Time will tell. 

Ouch. I like the Milkman. I think you paid too much for Lamb, if we're being honest, but I'm not a huge believer in him in the first place (nor of Jeudy). I think getting a second helps, as that is where I think the value in this draft is at WR. I think you massively overpaid, though.

That's me. I'm sure the calcs and others have it differently. And, as Dr. Octopus and people like me would point out, markets are closed, not open for absolute valuations of freely traded commodities. 

I don't want to set myself up to be a contrarian, and am new to this, but I think you paid too much depending on your situation. 

Agree with everything you said about ARob. Although at almost 27 he's a down or injured season away from zero value. Lamb is on the other end of that spectrum. He was the consensus WR1 heading into the draft and I was able to procure him at 1.07. That's insane and his value should only rise. To me, Lamb and ARob are ike two ships passing in opposite directions. One headed towards zero trade value, one rising. I think they passed each other even before Lamb was drafted. Time will 
It's an over pay for the #3 on an offense. My bad. Lol

I conceded as much in my original post. 

I'll put a pin in this post to look back on in a year. 
You indeed did. I was going to put that in there to soften it. I think you maybe wanted some backing on Lamb and aren't finding it in the responses that The Milkman and I gave. I'm sure there are those here who are high on Lamb and think differently than us. Sure you can pin it, but I'm hardly being confrontational or saying you're wrong -- I concede I value Lamb differently than even most prognosticators. I'd trade out of the first and pick up two seconds if it came down to having to take him. He's a skinny tackle breaker in the Big 12? Not sold. 

I'll say it without the sarcasm.  Its a brilliant trade and your analysis is spot on.  It may take an extra season or two to pan out than originally thought, but Lamb has a high probability of becoming a top 5 WR.  Both in reality and fantasy.

Finally got a share of Mahomes and its my biggest FFPC league.

Gave: Watson, Kamara, Latavius Murray

Got: Mahomes, Aaron Jones, 6.07

I'd been trying to move Kamara for market value but hadnt found much luck.  I see the backs as similar value (although I prefer AK), both hitting 25 this year with potentially expiring QBs.  GB drafting Dillion worries me a little, especially in the red zone, but so does Taysom Hill and Murray eats a chunk of red zone opportunities himself.  

Feels like I got a huge QB upgrade for basically free.  

I'm looking to move down to mid-first from 1.01 and getting no real value from the calculators to even send anything out, really. The price of missing the mid-to-late first that I want is too steep, but the value lost by picking him 1.01 is too great. I'm stuck in my draft spot and stuck with a value play I don't want. Strange. It should be nice to control the draft, but I feel like the draft is in control of me. Perhaps a second and future second is really all one can ask in a move so slightly downward as the 1.05. But that doesn't seem even wroth the risk of not getting who you covet.
The players available at 1.09 are basically the same at 1.12, so I can see dropping back for a 3rd if that’s all you can get, but it is weak. The difference between 1.01 and 1.05 is greater. 

The one getting the 3.09 does not understand the difference between real football and fantasy football...in real football a third is a nice asset...in fantasy football you just took yourself out of a spot where a top-tier prospect may unexpectedly drop for an asset that has a pretty solid chance of not hitting and a very slim chance of ever really contributing.

Price check him. His value is not in the same universe as WR8. Which might make him a buy.

And the difference between 1.12 and Lamb is huge IMO. 
while I agree that Allen is not a WR8, he is in the top 20 (I have him 16th in value at WR spot)...  and to me, you greatly overpaid for the trade.  I would not have done it.

Guys, he overpaid and acknowledged that. Some may may legitimately claim by a fair amount.  But if he had Lamb as a top 3 asset, disregard the 1.07 placeholder.  He paid what it took to get his guy, and six months from now theres a reasonable chance that this may look genius.

The players available at 1.09 are basically the same at 1.12, so I can see dropping back for a 3rd if that’s all you can get, but it is weak. The difference between 1.01 and 1.05 is greater. 
Thanks. Yeah, it definitely should be, and we'll see. It should be a 2.05 according to the calcs. I'm not willing to risk not getting the guy I want over the 2.05, even though this draft is deep. (The guy I want should go around .08 or .09).

Guys, he overpaid and acknowledged that. Some may may legitimately claim by a fair amount.  But if he had Lamb as a top 3 asset, disregard the 1.07 placeholder.  He paid what it took to get his guy, and six months from now theres a reasonable chance that this may look genius.
Yeah, I think the tone is really escalated here with he and another poster. He certainly did acknowledge a possible overpay and with one injury or happening, it could look like a really good move. You could, however, say that for a lot of things. He paid a mid and a lower round first to get Lamb, really, who is solely a mid-first. That's about the long and the short of it at going, market-aggregated prices (which they're not).

I have a man-crush on Lamb and while I agree this is an overpay, I'd likely pay that.

Robinson is good, but has only had great stats in 1/3 of his seasons, is already on year seven, and plays in one of the league's worst offenses. That last part should make people wonder if last year's good stats were the fluke.

Whereas Lamb is a elite talent in an elite offense and is seven years younger. 

I'm on the Lamb side of this trade.

Thanks. Yeah, it definitely should be, and we'll see. It should be a 2.05 according to the calcs. I'm not willing to risk not getting the guy I want over the 2.05, even though this draft is deep. (The guy I want should go around .08 or .09).
If the guy you want is the guy you have talked about before and quite fast, I think his spot is hugely variable and he could go from 1.05 to 1.11. Depending on how important he is to you, I would pay for the early value.

If the guy you want is the guy you have talked about before and quite fast, I think his spot is hugely variable and he could go from 1.05 to 1.11. Depending on how important he is to you, I would pay for the early value.
Yes, it is. Thanks. You're spot-on, in my opinion. The spot I'm eyeing is exactly the 1.05, frankly. That's why I used it as an example. If I'm in 1.01, though, I can't pass up the newly-minted consensus back. It's really pretty predictable with me, this draft. It's now between two guys. I think paying for the early value is the side I was leaning toward if it comes to that; I'm just hesitant in that I can see what happens with him happening along the lines of Anderson, Fuller, et al. Paid a bunch to take the top off and catch the ball three or four times a game. 

Thanks again for the input. 

I have a man-crush on Lamb and while I agree this is an overpay, I'd likely pay that.

Robinson is good, but has only had great stats in 1/3 of his seasons, is already on year seven, and plays in one of the league's worst offenses. That last part should make people wonder if last year's good stats were the fluke.

There is nothing wrong with over-paying if one, you know you are over-paying or two (and most importantly) that overpay allows you to build your team in a manner you are more comfortable with or three, that is the only way you are gonna obtain an elite talent or someone you really value.

No way I take that to move down.  Why would you not be happy with CEH or Taylor at 1?

The one getting the 3.09 does not understand the difference between real football and fantasy football...in real football a third is a nice asset...in fantasy football you just took yourself out of a spot where a top-tier prospect may unexpectedly drop for an asset that has a pretty solid chance of not hitting and a very slim chance of ever really contributing.
I think this heavily depends on the state of the draft and league.  If the 5RB and Lamb/Jeudy are gone I see very little difference between these.  I only play IDP leagues so that 3.09 probably means a lot more to me than it does to most but plug some names in.  He dropped from what, Jaelen Raegor to Tee Higgins?  Ruggs to Pittman?  Is this anything other than coin flip territory?  Now where I'll be off is in the return - what are the fliers you can take at 3.09?

edit: wow, shows how different IDP drafts are.  My initial blush on that trade was that that was a solid return to get 3.09.  But looking at my #33 offensive player puts me into a deep trash zone.  That pick holds a TON more value in IDP. 

Comparing to the most recent startup I looked at, this compares to 8 & 12 for 7 & 22 (the 3rds don’t matter to me) basically moved down from 12 to 22 to move up one spot. While expensive, it’s not all that bad IMO if one sees a significant tier break when they are moving up that one spot. I’m not as a big a believer in that tier break but I get it.

Finally got a share of Mahomes and its my biggest FFPC league.

Gave: Watson, Kamara, Latavius Murray

Got: Mahomes, Aaron Jones, 6.07

I'd been trying to move Kamara for market value but hadnt found much luck.  I see the backs as similar value (although I prefer AK), both hitting 25 this year with potentially expiring QBs.  GB drafting Dillion worries me a little, especially in the red zone, but so does Taysom Hill and Murray eats a chunk of red zone opportunities himself.  

Feels like I got a huge QB upgrade for basically free.  
I think you downgraded considerably at RB personally but not the worst price to pay for Mahomes.  I could see the argument on both sides of this trade but AJ may have a problem finding a job in a year and the Saints are going to extend AK.

No way I take that to move down.  Why would you not be happy with CEH or Taylor at 1?
Your point is taken. No way am I taking that to move down, either. But I play both to win and to love the game of the guys I watch. I don't particularly love Taylor or CEH's game in watching highlights of them, though I can certainly appreciate that their talent is rare for the average player. Doesn't make me want to watch them as professionals. That may change, and indeed, by my later post, one can see that I'll take CEH at one and be relatively happy --  not as happy as getting an extra pick and being assured of Ruggs at his proper slot --  but happy nonetheless. I'm really warming to the idea of CEH the more I think about it, hear, and watch.

I think this heavily depends on the state of the draft and league.  If the 5RB and Lamb/Jeudy are gone I see very little difference between these.  I only play IDP leagues so that 3.09 probably means a lot more to me than it does to most but plug some names in.  He dropped from what, Jaelen Raegor to Tee Higgins?  Ruggs to Pittman?  Is this anything other than coin flip territory?  Now where I'll be off is in the return - what are the fliers you can take at 3.09?

edit: wow, shows how different IDP drafts are.  My initial blush on that trade was that that was a solid return to get 3.09.  But looking at my #33 offensive player puts me into a deep trash zone.  That pick holds a TON more value in IDP. 
I don't do IDP but from what I can tell there is a huge difference in the draft depth.

Your point is taken. No way am I taking that to move down, either. But I play both to win and to love the game of the guys I watch. I don't particularly love Taylor or CEH's game in watching highlights of them, though I can certainly appreciate that their talent is rare for the average player. Doesn't make me want to watch them as professionals. That may change, and indeed, by my later post, one can see that I'll take CEH at one and be relatively happy --  not as happy as getting an extra pick and being assured of Ruggs at his proper slot --  but happy nonetheless. I'm really warming to the idea of CEH the more I think about it, hear, and watch.
I totally get that.  I have enough leagues that I get to watch people I enjoy no matter what so try not to worry about that too much but it is very understandable.  I like the Chiefs offense and what Andy Reid does with the RB so CEH will be exciting I think.  I like Taylor's talent and that o-line in Indy is ridiculous.  Ultimately you have to be happy with your team though.

Comparing to the most recent startup I looked at, this compares to 8 & 12 for 7 & 22 (the 3rds don’t matter to me) basically moved down from 12 to 22 to move up one spot. While expensive, it’s not all that bad IMO if one sees a significant tier break when they are moving up that one spot. I’m not as a big a believer in that tier break but I get it.
Exactly the way I looked it. The eight and twelve for the seven and twenty-two, disregarding the thirds. As others have stated, it then becomes an issue of personal preference and belief in Lamb.

PPR

Gave:

Allen Robinson

Got:

I'd do this too.  You got Lamb and 2.10 for Pittman and Robinson on my list.  Swapping 3rd's is pretty inconsequential at this point.  You can't sniff Lamb in 1-2 years for this and 2.10 can be a nice upside flier to throw in - I'm particularly high on DPJ at that range.  It's probably a good deal for the other guy too knowing he's getting a very startable WR and still getting a guy on his list he likes at 1.12

12 team PPR

Gave: 2.5

Got: Diontae Johnson

I still got some two firsts to play in the rookie pool,  this team is pretty set at other spots  but the WR's on this team are so bad that if I looked at in terms of were WR's go in redrafts Diontae is my #2, and not that far off from my #1.

PPR

Gave:

Allen Robinson

Got:

The current controversy trade I see. It seems reasonable to me and based on Robinson being your WR4/5 I absolutely like it if you are getting someone I'm going to guess you value as no worse then player 4.

I think you downgraded considerably at RB personally but not the worst price to pay for Mahomes.  I could see the argument on both sides of this trade but AJ may have a problem finding a job in a year and the Saints are going to extend AK.
Thanks, would love to get some more opinions on the Kamara vs Jones aspect of this.

Just felt like Mahomes is the gift thats going to keep on giving for 10 years while both RBs could be heavily devalued 2 seasons from now.  And sure I'd bet on AK over Jones during that time but don't have high confidence on it.  Much closer to coin flip as to who scores more points this season.  Only CMC put up more points last year.

12 team PPR

I still got some two firsts to play in the rookie pool,  this team is pretty set at other spots  but the WR's on this team are so bad that if I looked at in terms of were WR's go in redrafts Diontae is my #2, and not that far off from my #1.
I like Diontae here.  You may sacrifice a little ceiling vs a rookie wr in that 2.05 range, but the tradeoff is you know he's not a bust.  And its not crazy to envision a scenario where JuJu walks and he becomes the wr1 in Pittsburgh.

Thanks, would love to get some more opinions on the Kamara vs Jones aspect of this.

Much closer to coin flip as to who scores more points this season. 
In terms of the 2020 season I absolutely value AK considerably over Jones. That's close to consensus more then my opinion. Kamara is usually like player 6-7 in almost every FFPC redraft, Jones has started to slide to more of a early into mid second.

Trying to predict were they play in 2021 or what the Saints offense with potentially no Brees would look like if AK returns is next to impossible so extremely hard to get a handle on their future value but I do consider it a downgrade at RB.

I like Diontae here.  You may sacrifice a little ceiling vs a rookie wr in that 2.05 range, but the tradeoff is you know he's not a bust.  And its not crazy to envision a scenario where JuJu walks and he becomes the wr1 in Pittsburgh.
Thanks for feedback but I truly don't think the Steelers have JuJu in a higher hierarchy then Diontae right now. In other words I don't think he needs JuJu to leave to be their #1, thought with JuJu slated to play more slot next year I absolutely like him to lead the team in targets.

12 team PPR

I like Diontae also. I can't think of really any consensus second-rounders in a rookie draft that I like more. 

In terms of the 2020 season I absolutely value AK considerably over Jones. That's close to consensus more then my opinion. Kamara is usually like player 6-7 in almost every FFPC redraft, Jones has started to slide to more of a early into mid second.

Trying to predict were they play in 2021 or what the Saints offense with potentially no Brees would look like if AK returns is next to impossible so extremely hard to get a handle on their future value but I do consider it a downgrade at RB.
Sure, I get the ranking and personally have them ranked about the same as consensus.  Just saying, we see RBs produce over their tiers all the time and it wouldn't be shocking to see Jones have a more productive season.

I own AK in several spots and watching Saints games, even before the injury was maddening.  Between Payton going out of his way to get Taysom involved and Murray getting red zone looks, not too mention his contract situation and Brees immenent retirement, it just feels like a good time to exit if you can get good value.

I'll probably put out some feelers for a Jones flip too.

Thanks for feedback but I truly don't think the Steelers have JuJu in a higher hierarchy then Diontae right now. In other words I don't think he needs JuJu to leave to be their #1, thought with JuJu slated to play more slot next year I absolutely like him to lead the team in targets.
Interesting.  You think they are viewed similarly by the franchise?  I do recall the glowing reviews Mann gave after they drafted him.

Users who are viewing this thread