What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (7 Viewers)

FFPC SF

I gave Winston, Montgomery, 2022 1st
I got Lamar Jackson
Same owner that traded me Jackson followed it up with:

They gave Derrick Henry
They got R Fitzpatrick, Hunter Henry, 2022 1st

Looking at their roster they really didn't have anything behind Henry and Jackson so tearing it down makes some sense. This gave me Mahomes and Jackson now but I was already a little weak at RB2 with Montgomery. Without him and without my 2022 1st I have some work to do. Some would say that *with* Montgomery I already had problems at RB2, so....that may be true. Now I have R Jones as RB2 along with Drake and some (more) garbage behind them. 

Same owner that traded me Jackson followed it up with:

They gave Derrick Henry
They got R Fitzpatrick, Hunter Henry, 2022 1st

Looking at their roster they really didn't have anything behind Henry and Jackson so tearing it down makes some sense. This gave me Mahomes and Jackson now but I was already a little weak at RB2 with Montgomery. Without him and without my 2022 1st I have some work to do. Some would say that *with* Montgomery I already had problems at RB2, so....that may be true. Now I have R Jones as RB2 along with Drake and some (more) garbage behind them. 
If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Hunter Henry…

12 team 0.5PPR SF, not involved

DJ Chark, DJ Moore, Darrell Henderson, Cam Akers, Terrace Marshall, 2022 3rd, 2023 2nd

for

Melvin Gordon, JuJu Smith-Schuster, Myles Gaskin, Jerry Jeudy, Ja'Marr Chase, Javonte Williams
I don't even know. I love multiple parts of each side. Gonna break it down as I type it.

Chase ~=~ Akers/Henderson
Javonte+Gordon ~=~ Chark+2nd
Jeudy+Juju ~=~ DJ Moore+3rd
Gaskin <<<<  Marshall by a lot

Or:
Javonte+Gordon+Gaskin ~=~ Akers/Henderson
Chase ~=~ DJ Moore +3rd
Jeudy ~=~ Marshall +2nd
Juju << Chark maybe closer this way

I like hedging with the Moore/Marshall stack. I consider Gordon and Gaskin soon-to-be roster cloggers. Gordon already is. It is close though and have no issue with either side. The 2nd and 3rd are more valuable in SF as well. Chase and Williams are the only pieces on that side that are marketable IMO whereas every piece on the other side is.

If you’re rebuilding, you don’t do that with Ryan Fitzpatrick and Hunter Henry…
Yeah I like the deal they made with me more than that one. It is mostly the future 1st they were after I'm sure. And a lot of people think D Henry is a sell-now at all costs. I disagree.

This feels like a big time sell low on Kamara but if you really wanted out, you could have done worse.  Especially if that 22 1st is high.  Kamara/Boyd would have helped you defend your title lightyears more than Chase.  Just hate to walk away from a championship team just to sell on someone early.
Fair enough. I wanted the flexibility to be in or out this coming year. The league is turning into an arm’s race with all 3 orphans tanking and 4 other teams being awful. This guy was the only losing team who wanted to be a buyer and the return wasn’t awful

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
12 Team, SF, PPR, not involved

Team A got James Conner, Julio Jones, 2 2022 2nds, 2 2022 3rds

Team B got Dwayne Haskins, Michael Carter 2022 1st.
This is the Julio side and not particularly close for me. Haskins seems like a wasted roster spot, even in SF. 

What was the overall opinion?  I’m thinking of the Pittman/2022 1st in return for my ARob and just can’t pull the trigger right yet 
Evans by a landslide.  Their general opinion is that if you are trading a proven stud for unproven youngsters and draft picks, then your roster will likely always be in that rebuilding mode.

I'm not in disagreement here with the Evans side, but my basic view is that if you aren't building, you're standing still. Even if you're real good, that's how you get caught from behind or left posing.

I'm not in disagreement here with the Evans side, but my basic view is that if you aren't building, you're standing still. Even if you're real good, that's how you get caught from behind or left posing.
I agree. I would sell Evans in this deal though. I think the idea of not selling older studs for youth is absurd. Don't sell your only stud. Don't trade all your studs. Fine. But never sell any stud? Honestly I think that is a recipe for stagnation and mediocrity. 

I agree. I would sell Evans in this deal though. I think the idea of not selling older studs for youth is absurd. Don't sell your only stud. Don't trade all your studs. Fine. But never sell any stud? Honestly I think that is a recipe for stagnation and mediocrity. 
Team composition comes into play, of course. 

I made this move because my roster was chock-full of 'probably will never hit' WR prospects, and I want a piece to compete this year.  Barring injuries, the team who took my 1st is looking at a later 1st round pick and he has to hope that PIttman progresses and Wentz is more than a stiff.

The advice wasn't to never sell your studs, rather a warning to keep productive players if you are intending to compete.

12 Team, SF, PPR, IDP

A Gibson, R Tannehil

For

J Jeudy, D Hunter, 1.08

IDP can play a role here depending on scoring and depth and such, but I'd take Gibson and Tannehill in a second.
The fact it's SF is really what puts this over the top on the Gibson/Tannehill side for me.  The IDP aspect lessens a bit due to SF and a QB involved to me.  

Twenty-Four Eighty-Four said:
12 Team, SF, PPR, not involved

Team A got James Conner, Julio Jones, 2 2022 2nds, 2 2022 3rds

Team B got Dwayne Haskins, Michael Carter 2022 1st.
Team B because they got the two most valuable pieces.

The fact it's SF is really what puts this over the top on the Gibson/Tannehill side for me.  The IDP aspect lessens a bit due to SF and a QB involved to me.  
For clarification, IDP scores about as much as on the offensive side. When healthy, Hunter is a beast. That being said, I needed to shore up QB and RB, but I think it was pretty even on both sides.

For clarification, IDP scores about as much as on the offensive side. When healthy, Hunter is a beast. That being said, I needed to shore up QB and RB, but I think it was pretty even on both sides.
Agreed but there is risk here.  It's also easier to find serviceable IDP players even with scoring being similar to offense than it is to find a QB like Tannehill.  Also, starting requirements also has a big impact to Hunter's value as well.  If you only start one IDP or only one DL then his value diminishes as well.  

For clarification, IDP scores about as much as on the offensive side. When healthy, Hunter is a beast.
In my (limited) experience with IDP leagues, just because defensive players score equal to or more than offensive players, that doesn't mean they have anywhere near close to the same trade value.

In my (limited) experience with IDP leagues, just because defensive players score equal to or more than offensive players, that doesn't mean they have anywhere near close to the same trade value.
They can but there are a lot more factors than just scoring.  If you start similar IDP positions to offensive positions it really helps increase IDP value.  If you only start one IDP player they become like kickers.  

They can but there are a lot more factors than just scoring.  If you start similar IDP positions to offensive positions it really helps increase IDP value.  If you only start one IDP player they become like kickers.  
Again, not in my experience.  I've played in a league with 11 starting offensive and 11 defensive players.  The trade value of IDP was still only marginally higher than kickers.  And this was in a shark league with IDP "experts"

Again, not in my experience.  I've played in a league with 11 starting offensive and 11 defensive players.  The trade value of IDP was still only marginally higher than kickers.  And this was in a shark league with IDP "experts"
hmm.  Not my experience.  My IDP leagues have equal offensive and defensive players in the starting lineup and equal scoring plateaus for scoring when comparing across tiers for positions (ie  tier 1 QB = Tier 1 DL = Tier 1 RB = Tier 1 LB, etc).  I have found that IDP is the most important for those type because everyone is similar on offense but the owners that put in the time for IDP research usually dominate because that info is harder to find and interpret because scoring system are so different.   

ETA:  Which may be similar to what you are saying.  Offensive side is harder to trade/acquire because people have more info and you can get better deals for IDP side because owners don't know any better. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah, what I see to be the biggest flaw with IDP is that even in a league with 150+ defensive starters, there are still plenty of guys on the waiver wire available for $0.01 to $2 who are viable weekly starters.  Not really at DL/DE, but all the other positions.

Agreed but there is risk here.  It's also easier to find serviceable IDP players even with scoring being similar to offense than it is to find a QB like Tannehill.  Also, starting requirements also has a big impact to Hunter's value as well.  If you only start one IDP or only one DL then his value diminishes as well.  
We start up to 2 DE's, as we have to start a total of 3 players between DE and DT.

FFPC

gave: Juju, Corey Davis

Got: Pittman and T. Marshall

IMO Davis is a roster clogger at this point and I simply do not value juju as I once did. I think Pittman and Marshall as tremendous upside. Hoping in a year and look back on this deal and it was a winner.

FFPC

gave: Juju, Corey Davis

Got: Pittman and T. Marshall

IMO Davis is a roster clogger at this point and I simply do not value juju as I once did. I think Pittman and Marshall as tremendous upside. Hoping in a year and look back on this deal and it was a winner.
Good deal for you if you've mentally given up on JuJu and Corey Davis. Honestly, probably better off chancing that one of Pittman and Marshall can give you a string of WR1 seasons.

Good deal for you if you've mentally given up on JuJu and Corey Davis. Honestly, probably better off chancing that one of Pittman and Marshall can give you a string of WR1 seasons.
I realize Marshall is a longer term project and I am not expecting much in year one, but I think Pittman might become the Colts WR 1 this season whereas JuJu still has two other WRs to compete with for targets.

I'm not even high on Swift at all but this is way too light for him I think.  Especially with that 1st not being this year.  That would have to fall at 1.1 or hit a grand slam with that pick to make it worth it.
I think when you make that deal you're just punting from the other team's 45, if you'll pardon the analogy. You're selling earlier first-round talent for a shot at first-rounder next year? No thanks. Unless the guy is really down on Swift, I don't like that deal.

I think when you make that deal you're just punting from the other team's 45, if you'll pardon the analogy. You're selling earlier first-round talent for a shot at first-rounder next year? No thanks. Unless the guy is really down on Swift, I don't like that deal.
I totally agree with this analogy and I'm not game with that either.

12 team, 1 QB, .5 PPR, no TE prem:

Gave:

Sam Darnold

Got:

Noah Fant

I have Kelce and Irv Smith at TE but I love me some Noah Fant so couldn't turn this down.
This is pretty much a free Fant. Good work. I have no idea why anybody would click "accept" to this offer, save for completely, large and QB-depleted rosters, but kudos to you! That's not snark, I just can't see it.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is pretty much a free Fant. Good work. I have no idea why anybody would click accept to this offer, but kudos to you! That's not snark, I just can't see it.
I completely agree with this.  Fant has a lot of potential.  Darnold is on the waiver wire in most of my leagues.

This is pretty much a free Fant. Good work. I have no idea why anybody would click "accept" to this offer, save for completely, large and QB-depleted rosters, but kudos to you! That's not snark, I just can't see it.
Our league for some reason has absolutely no QBs on waivers.  I don't get it in a 1 QB.  We have big benches but still.  It was an owner that knows for a fact they are getting Pitts and the only QB on their roster that is a starter is Lamar.  They basically viewed it as a backup TE for a backup QB.  I expected to include a pick too but straight up was the call and I was on it.

Our league for some reason has absolutely no QBs on waivers.  I don't get it in a 1 QB.  We have big benches but still.  It was an owner that knows for a fact they are getting Pitts and the only QB on their roster that is a starter is Lamar.  They basically viewed it as a backup TE for a backup QB.  I expected to include a pick too but straight up was the call and I was on it.
There's always an exception, always a need, I guess. Perhaps he was too worried about losing out on Darnold to ask for at least a second or third back? That's at least his value in 1 QB. I just can't see it. But again, kudos! Swindle.

I like what you did here...Henderson has value but he has Akers in front of him so I would take the 2nd round cash out without hesitation...I think giving up Carson who will be 27 in September is well worth it to move up and get a potential stud in Chase...great job with these deals!
In general I would sell any handcuff for a 2nd and not pay more than a 3rd for one, unless they’re the heir apparent to a guy on the way out (and I believe in the talent). Obviously roster situational exceptions apply (you’re a contender with no depth besides the handcuff behind your starters etc) but this is a good get IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread