What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (20 Viewers)

Win now team got Tyreek Hill and gave Elijah Moore, 2023 second round pick.
I would assume the market says Tyreek side and it makes sense for a win now teams.  In last few years I went out of my wheelhouse and made a few win now trades for older established stud  WR's and I absolutely got torched on every single trade I made. So for me even I'm winning on value/trade calcs and I'm  a win now team I'm still sitting on Moore and the second. Again that's just me, I think Hill side wins on value.

Sooo speak of the devil. Hard for me to say whether this team was/is competitive this year but it is a very old team and I've been trying to move these two ever since I took it over last year as an orphan project. Very inactive league IDK. I also didn't go looking for this after the discussion earlier, it just happened that way.

FFPC 1QB

I gave Kelce, Zeke, 2023 2nd
I got Akers, Gesicki, 2023 1st
I get why you did this but just hate the value.  If you aren't competing, then I can see it but everything in me screams that you could get more.

10 team PPR SF, not involved

Team A sends: DJ Moore, 2023 1st (probably late)

Team B sends: Stefon Diggs, Tony Pollard

edited w/clarification of when the pick will be, read teams wrong way round
I'd take the Moore/1st side on paper but I have problem with either side of this.  I like Diggs a decent amount more than Moore and TP will take over for Zeke eventually.  This easily could go the other way and depending on my team, I could see the Diggs/TP side easily winning this but even a late 1st in a 10 man league is almost a mid rounder for most of us.

Yeah, I think the team getting Diggs is just wanting an additional piece to try to tie up winning 2022, on paper I'd take the other side as well despite not really liking Moore

This to me still feels too light for Hill.  I guess it depends on where that pick ends up.  Moore now has much more competition for targets with Wilson/Crowder/Berrios there along with a balanced attack with Hall there to run the ball.  I don't view him with a ton of value and wasn't crazy high on him to begin with due to his size.

If I'm trying to win now, this is a no-brainer.  I don't like giving up players who are still top 5 at their position and not even get a 1st or big time player back.  This feels light to me but if rebuilding I get the sale.  Probably a win-win for both teams.

Team A Gave Johnathon Taylor and Corey Davis and got Najee Harris and Amon St. Brown
This is interesting as I do like Harris and ASB a decent amount but ASB did just take a small hit with them moving up to draft Williams even though we probably won't see him make a difference for the 1st half of the year.

That all being said, JT is the best asset in Dynasty so I have to go with him.  It seems close to fair as Harris will be leaned on in Pitts but JT is just too good.

12 team SF PPR

Gave 1.08 and a 23 2nd

Got 1.03 OTC to take Kenneth Walker

I feel like getting a round 2 RB gives me better odds at success than the WR's at 1.08 and the cost didn't feel too bad since I was a playoff team last year and should be in that range again this year.
Slam dunk doesn't require explanation. Would never have moved back for just a 2nd here. Congratulations.

Moore now has much more competition for targets with Wilson/Crowder/Berrios there along with a balanced attack with Hall there to run the ball.  I don't view him with a ton of value and wasn't crazy high on him to begin with due to his size.
Nothing against your take just pointing out that Crowder now plays for the Bills and Moore and Hill are really pretty similar in size. Moore's a little taller, Tyreek's a little thicker. Their pre-draft 40 times were not very far off either but to my eye Tyreek just seems to play at a different speed then really anyone.

This is interesting as I do like Harris and ASB a decent amount but ASB did just take a small hit with them moving up to draft Williams even though we probably won't see him make a difference for the 1st half of the year.

That all being said, JT is the best asset in Dynasty so I have to go with him.  It seems close to fair as Harris will be leaned on in Pitts but JT is just too good.
Different roles. ARSB takes a hit from a healthy Swift (hey, it could happen, stop laughing!) and Hock. I don’t see him losing much from the addition of Williams. If anything, adding a field stretcher will siphon some coverage away from ARSB.

Still blows my mind that he was that productive as essentially their only receiving threat last year. 

Nothing against your take just pointing out that Crowder now plays for the Bills and Moore and Hill are really pretty similar in size. Moore's a little taller, Tyreek's a little thicker. Their pre-draft 40 times were not very far off either but to my eye Tyreek just seems to play at a different speed then really anyone.
I missed that on Crowder.  My bad.  I know Hill isn't big but he is proven.  We have seen a ton of small WRs that have great draft capital fail over the years.  Seems like the ones that get drafted a little later and have to work harder for it like Hill/AB and have already proved it are in a different class.  Hill is faster on the field than he is in the 40 for sure.

I just don't think Moore will ever be a WR1 in Fantasy Football.  Definitely never be close to the overall WR1 and Hill has.  Although I do expect him to drop a little with Tua throwing him the ball.

Different roles. ARSB takes a hit from a healthy Swift (hey, it could happen, stop laughing!) and Hock. I don’t see him losing much from the addition of Williams. If anything, adding a field stretcher will siphon some coverage away from ARSB.

Still blows my mind that he was that productive as essentially their only receiving threat last year. 
He killed it to the end the year but yes with Swift healthy and Hock taking more away from the middle of the field will hurt.  I just mean he won't get as big of the WR target percentage with Williams there.  I know they play different roles.  I like him a decent amount to but those are reasons why he isn't a big enough upgrade to Corey Davis to make up for letting JT go.

He killed it to the end the year but yes with Swift healthy and Hock taking more away from the middle of the field will hurt.  I just mean he won't get as big of the WR target percentage with Williams there.  I know they play different roles.  I like him a decent amount to but those are reasons why he isn't a big enough upgrade to Corey Davis to make up for letting JT go.
In my league JT outscored Harris by 65 points,  so I don't think the downgrade at rb is massive. All Amon needs to do is outscore davis by 65+ (Which should happen) and the trade will have been worth it right?

In my league JT outscored Harris by 65 points,  so I don't think the downgrade at rb is massive. All Amon needs to do is outscore davis by 65+ (Which should happen) and the trade will have been worth it right?
I think that's a little misleading though.  Early in the year JT wasn't getting the volume he deserved.  It seems like it was about halfway through the year when the Indy coaching staff realized they were being stupid and started leaning on him more.  Plus JT is a year younger than Najee.  Personally I think the difference in Dynasty value between them is pretty big.

I can see why you may look at it that way but those are just numbers that don't tell the entire story.  Harris got a huge workload last year that may not hold and if it does he may not have a ton of years in him.  They also will have a terrible QB this year so stacked boxes. and JT is actually younger.  ASB could feasibly be way better than Davis though and make this about even but to me you would need Harris & ASB to play at their absolute ceiling for this to be a fair trade and relying on that can be tough in fantasy football.

Were you really planning to start Corey Davis?  If not then who cares how much he outscores Davis by?  I only care how much he outscores the guy i was planning to start by. 

I think you can make the case that Taylor isn't much of an upgrade over Najee, but I can also make the case that despite his hot finish, Amon may never repeat it with Swift, Hock, Chark and Jameson.

If I'm the Najee owner, I'm willing to make this deal. If I'm the taylor owner, I'm in no hurry to take it. So i guess I prefer that side but not with much confidence

Team A Gave Johnathon Taylor and Corey Davis and got Najee Harris and Amon St. Brown

I got a Najee/ASB team and I'd need to think about it if I got this offer. Unlike most I view ASB as a longterm foundational piece of the Lions. Not expecting league winning stuff on  the regular like he how he ended the year but I am expecting multiple top 24 type WR finishes, health permitting of course.

On this particular team I"d probably do it because I'd view the trade as Taylor/roster spot for Najee/ASB and that roster spot in that particular league seems to keep having a lot of value to me.

10 team 0.5 PPR, 1 QB, IDP-heavy...

- Team A trades Damien Harris 

- Team B trades Eli Mitchell

(note: Team A already had Trey Sermon and is looking to take TDP with 2.10....even considering a reach at 1.10?)

Saw this one in a league.

Team A got Ja'marr Chase, 2023 3rd

Team B got Lamb, Mike Williams, and a 2023 (should be) late first.

If you want Chase you need to pay a lot...because you are giving up Lamb you are starting in the neighborhood of what you need to give up because he should be a stud for years...I am not a huge fan of the other pieces...Mike Williams is a solid player but not someone that moves the needle too much when you are talking about perhaps the #1 WR in all off FF...getting a #1 is always nice but if it is projected to be late that is another piece that doesn't make a huge dent when you are talking about giving up Chase...so, overall I really don't see the thinking here...you get Lamb but the other pieces just don't do enough to move on from Chase...that second piece has to be a lot better because there is a lot of room for error with how this deal is currently constructed.

I made a similar trade before the Chiefs traded Hill. I thought it might have been a little light at the time depending how the swap works out. After Hill went to Miami I was pretty happy with it.

Rec: Elijah Moore, Kareem Hunt, 2022 2nd (14th overall), my option to swap 2023 1sts (I finished 2/12, he finished 11/12)

Gave: Hill

If you want Chase you need to pay a lot...because you are giving up Lamb you are starting in the neighborhood of what you need to give up because he should be a stud for years...I am not a huge fan of the other pieces...Mike Williams is a solid player but not someone that moves the needle too much when you are talking about perhaps the #1 WR in all off FF...getting a #1 is always nice but if it is projected to be late that is another piece that doesn't make a huge dent when you are talking about giving up Chase...so, overall I really don't see the thinking here...you get Lamb but the other pieces just don't do enough to move on from Chase...that second piece has to be a lot better because there is a lot of room for error with how this deal is currently constructed.
The ‘23 1st is a substantial piece of this trade, IMO. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I prefer the Chase side.  Chase is an elite piece..  Lamb should be a long-term starter but the difference between the two is greater than Williams and a late 1st.

That said, the debate is legitimate,  showing it is a fair trade.  I presume the team getting Lamb is shallow at WR.  Demonstrates the value in developing roster depth and then possibly trading in pieces for a blue chip

I prefer the Chase side.  Chase is an elite piece..  Lamb should be a long-term starter but the difference between the two is greater than Williams and a late 1st.

That said, the debate is legitimate,  showing it is a fair trade.  I presume the team getting Lamb is shallow at WR.  Demonstrates the value in developing roster depth and then possibly trading in pieces for a blue chip
It is possible that Lamb becomes a more dominant alpha since they shipped out AC. 

Williams could be flipped or started, and that ‘23 1st could be a Michael Mayer or some other very solid start-able piece at WR or RB.

IMO those two pieces more than offset the perceived drop-off between Chase & Lamb, and again, that may not be a wide chasm. Certainly worth the gamble.

definitely an interesting trade. 

It is possible that Lamb becomes a more dominant alpha since they shipped out AC. 

Williams could be flipped or started, and that ‘23 1st could be a Michael Mayer or some other very solid start-able piece at WR or RB.

IMO those two pieces more than offset the perceived drop-off between Chase & Lamb, and again, that may not be a wide chasm. Certainly worth the gamble.

How much of LAC Williams 2021 season was "Contract Driving" performance and we won't see him again?  

That would be my fear.... he got paid, not he sits on his laurels.... 

I believe Lamb is Top 10 talent, but I doubt Dak is the same since his injury and losing Amari Cooper will have Lamb facing DB#1 and Safety help full time now.  Is Lamb a WR1?  We shall see...

I think this is a reasonable price to pay, but I agree the 2023 1st could be the deciding factor on this deal.  That ROI will determine if it was worth it. 

Where we disagree is the room for error and with a player like Chase if you are going to move him you need to limit your exposure…I love Lamb and he is a great piece to go after in this deal but Chase put up far better #’s in his rookie year then Lamb did in his second year…while Lamb could certainly close that gap (and I expect him to) it is still a big gap, and that is assuming Chase doesn’t do even better then what he did as a rookie coming off a year he did not even play…Williams will be 28 and at this point we know what he is, a solid WR who is not overly consistent in his production…a lower #1 is far from a definite and unless you really hit it out of the park with this pick this deal could be a disaster and counting on low #1’s to hit it out of the park is bad business…there is just too much that has to go right for this to potentially break even let alone be worth it…IMO there is just no need to do this, you can do better with an elite asset like Chase…if you are dealing him it has to be an overpay, this is not that.

Saw this one in a league.

Team A got Ja'marr Chase, 2023 3rd

Team B got Lamb, Mike Williams, and a 2023 (should be) late first.
This one comes down to that 2023 1st for me. 

With it projected late, I have to lean the Chase side here slightly. If you told me it was 1.04 or better I’d take the Lamb side because I’m still a believer in him. But Chase is just already on another level. 

Fair deal in my estimation. 

You pretty much have captured my thoughts on the trade here..

I'll just add that Chase is special. Lamb is really good. I think Mike Williams and a "projected" late 2023 #1 closes the gap and it's reasonable trade either way.

I told someone this the other day who was looking at a similar trade but I typically I don't like paying 3 first round picks for one player which I'd equate this trade as being .  I also don't like shopping at the very top of the food chain. I can see various ways that can work out but I theorize if I'm paying basically something on par as the value of  1.1 overall  price for a player that if the player is what I paid for I simply got what I paid for but the risk is almost all on my side of him not holding up to that valuation. Certain things like roster room, need to consolidate can come into play so for me I would label the trade as fair but I'd rather be on the Lamb extra side.

Where we disagree is the room for error and with a player like Chase if you are going to move him you need to limit your exposure…I love Lamb and he is a great piece to go after in this deal but Chase put up far better #’s in his rookie year then Lamb did in his second year…while Lamb could certainly close that gap (and I expect him to) it is still a big gap, and that is assuming Chase doesn’t do even better then what he did as a rookie coming off a year he did not even play…Williams will be 28 and at this point we know what he is, a solid WR who is not overly consistent in his production…a lower #1 is far from a definite and unless you really hit it out of the park with this pick this deal could be a disaster and counting on low #1’s to hit it out of the park is bad business…there is just too much that has to go right for this to potentially break even let alone be worth it…IMO there is just no need to do this, you can do better with an elite asset like Chase…if you are dealing him it has to be an overpay, this is not that.
It’s a fair take. I don’t necessarily disagree, and think it has to do more with team needs. If team Chase has gaps, getting Williams and a late ‘23 1st (which could easily turn into a mid 1st) will certainly help to fill out their roster.  It’d be a difficult choice as a Chase owner,  but IMO one that could pay big dividends.  That it’s a 2023 pick makes it much easier, as I have about 15 players I’d love to have from that draft class.

but I absolutely respect your take on it. Different stokes for different folks. I do believe context of the rosters matters here, and probably would be the rationale for making such a deal. 

Certain things like roster room, need to consolidate can come into play so for me I would label the trade as fair but I'd rather be on the Lamb extra side.
agreed - and diversification can be helpful. 1 Chase hammy & your team takes a huge blow. With Williams/Lamb you’ve got less eggs in one basket.

not that I wouldn’t love to roster Chase, but it’s a lot of value in one player, so an offer like that would be extremely tempting. The ‘23 1st just adds that much more to the package. 

It’s a fair take. I don’t necessarily disagree, and think it has to do more with team needs. If team Chase has gaps, getting Williams and a late ‘23 1st (which could easily turn into a mid 1st) will certainly help to fill out their roster.  It’d be a difficult choice as a Chase owner,  but IMO one that could pay big dividends.  That it’s a 2023 pick makes it much easier, as I have about 15 players I’d love to have from that draft class.

but I absolutely respect your take on it. Different stokes for different folks. I do believe context of the rosters matters here, and probably would be the rationale for making such a deal. 

If Williams was younger and had more upside I would like this deal far better...he is what he is right now...I own him and he is a solid player but IMO not the type of player you target in this type of deal.

Speaking of Chase, just went down in a non-ppr league (but scoring bonuses at 9 catches or 25 carries a game):

Ja’Marr Chase + ‘23 1st (probably late)

for

Jonathan Taylor + Michael Thomas

Speaking of Chase, just went down in a non-ppr league (but scoring bonuses at 9 catches or 25 carries a game):

for

Wow, 2 of the top 4 or 5 dynasty assets in one trade. Nice. 
roster construction will have a lot to do with it but, in non-PPR, I’m leaning JT in a vacuum. 

A trade from my 12 man SF league (QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex/SuperFlex)

Team A Gives: DK Metcalf

Team B Gives: 2023 1st, 2023 2nd (likely mid picks, team could go either way)

A trade from my 12 man SF league (QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/Flex/Flex/Flex/SuperFlex)

Team A Gives: DK Metcalf

Team B Gives: 2023 1st, 2023 2nd (likely mid picks, team could go either way)
Picks

for

Non-PPR feels like JT is a little bit better than Chase, but Thomas is nowhere near a first imo so give me the Chase side. Might make sense for both teams based on roster composition though

Users who are viewing this thread