What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (23 Viewers)

12 Team, BBall, Superflex, ppr

Gave: Najee, ASB

Got: B. Hall, Bateman

---------------------------------------------

Close one. I'm taking the higher variance side since Hall/Bateman aren't proven. I had one Najee share left and like consolidating players. Hall is 3 years younger, is going to an up and coming team, and passes the eye test. I prefer Bateman to ASB by a decent margin but won't be surprised if they produce similarly over their careers. I expect most will prefer the Najee side 🙂
This is an interesting trade.  I like the Najee side a little better but no problem taking the Hall side.

I know you weren’t asking me but we just had ours last weekend. 

1.01- Breece

1.02- Walker

1.03- Jameson

1.04- Olave

1.05- Drake

1.06- Wilson

1.07- Cook

1.08- Treylon

1.09- Pickens

1.10- Pickett

2QB league. The same guy drafted Jameson, Olave, Wilson, Treylon and Pickens. 
Interesting Burks went that late but not surprising with all of the camp news.  We also had someone with 4 picks.  Our 1st went as below:

1 - Hall

2 - Walker

3 - London

4 - Burks

5 - Wilson

6 - Cook

7 - Watson

8 - Olave

9 - Moore

10 - Pickens

11 - Dotson

12 - Williams

Burks, Watson, Moore, and Pickens went tot he same guy.

Wow at having four picks with London off the board, having Williams available at every pick, taking WR at every pick, and still not getting Williams

12 Team, BBall, Superflex, ppr

Gave: Najee, ASB

Got: B. Hall, Bateman

---------------------------------------------

Close one. I'm taking the higher variance side since Hall/Bateman aren't proven. I had one Najee share left and like consolidating players. Hall is 3 years younger, is going to an up and coming team, and passes the eye test. I prefer Bateman to ASB by a decent margin but won't be surprised if they produce similarly over their careers. I expect most will prefer the Najee side 🙂

Seems fair. If I'm contending now I prefer Najee side, if not I'd take the Hall side.

CEH is polarizing. The ceiling hasn't been there. But he's been hurt a lot. I expect a CEH bounce back relative to his current value. He hasn't been healthy and KC was loaded. He's going to eat in PPR leagues if he stays healthy (high RB2, low RB1. RB1 if he gets goal line work). 
Close to my thoughts on his upside.  I'd rather ride it out and see than sell cheap.

Almost done with our devy/rookie/FA vet draft and saw a deal raise some eyebrows a few rounds ago

Team A gets Aaron Jones

Team B gets Zeke Elliott, 2022 7th-10th round picks

Essentially team A was ready to be done drafting and sought Jones

Has there really been no posts since Saturday in here?
Just for you, did this a few days ago:

FFPC:

Gave: Michael Carter

Got: James Robinson

I've owned Pollard on 3, now down to 2, teams since he came into the league. He's been a net negative up to this point, not worth the roster spot, that likely will change but that's what it's been.  I bring up Pollard  because I see similar path for Carter. 3 years of usable in a pinch production but needing an injury to Hall or Jets to pull out of blue trade, otherwise feel like best hope is when he hits FA in 3 years as a 26 year old smaller RB he hits a homerun. Seems like low payoff odds and again like Pollard, think his next few years will most likely be a net negative over the roster spot he'll take because I'll always think he's to talented to just give up.

So for me I'd rather just own Robinson, take the injury recovery risk which I think is real but at the same time overblown in fantasy community. I'm encouraged by his recovery, far from  a sure thing but encouraged and in general  have far more trust if he recovers his role will be a lot more useful to my teams. Trade made more for future, not 2022.

FFPC:

I've owned Pollard on 3, now down to 2, teams since he came into the league. He's been a net negative up to this point, not worth the roster spot, that likely will change but that's what it's been.  I bring up Pollard  because I see similar path for Carter. 3 years of usable in a pinch production but needing an injury to Hall or Jets to pull out of blue trade, otherwise feel like best hope is when he hits FA in 3 years as a 26 year old smaller RB he hits a homerun. Seems like low payoff odds and again like Pollard, think his next few years will most likely be a net negative over the roster spot he'll take because I'll always think he's to talented to just give up.

So for me I'd rather just own Robinson, take the injury recovery risk which I think is real but at the same time overblown in fantasy community. I'm encouraged by his recovery, far from  a sure thing but encouraged and in general  have far more trust if he recovers his role will be a lot more useful to my teams. Trade made more for future, not 2022.
I actually like this move.  Not so high on Carter and think J-Rob still has a path to fantasy relevance.

FFPC:

Yea I feel the same about both guys. I certainly have enough of Robinson in my portfolio already, though. But in a vacuum I like it for all the reasons you said. I'm not even trying to move Carter right now because I doubt I could get a ham sandwich but would like to sell. Maybe he'll have a blow up game and I can move him inseason.

I recently traded Gallup for Hooper.

I think Hooper is going to have a breakout campaign because no other options will exist.

Yea I feel the same about both guys. I certainly have enough of Robinson in my portfolio already, though. But in a vacuum I like it for all the reasons you said. I'm not even trying to move Carter right now because I doubt I could get a ham sandwich but would like to sell. Maybe he'll have a blow up game and I can move him inseason.
I’m in the same position in my 1 FFPC rebuild I’m in the middle of. The team who has Hall is far and away the best team in the league with multiple young studs from top to bottom on his roster, so A) I don’t want to make his team even stronger by giving him insurance if Hall goes down, but (more importantly) B) I can’t see getting anything close to worth it instead of just holding for now (hoping for a big game, or having a better bargaining position if Hall goes down) , instead of giving him away on the cheap to the likely league champ. 

and, yes, I’m only in 2 FFPC dynasty leagues. So sue me!

I’m in the same position in my 1 FFPC rebuild I’m in the middle of. The team who has Hall is far and away the best team in the league with multiple young studs from top to bottom on his roster, so A) I don’t want to make his team even stronger by giving him insurance if Hall goes down, but (more importantly) B) I can’t see getting anything close to worth it instead of just holding for now (hoping for a big game, or having a better bargaining position if Hall goes down) , instead of giving him away on the cheap to the likely league champ. 

and, yes, I’m only in 2 FFPC dynasty leagues. So sue me!
If I'm stacked like him the way you say he is, and I am stacked like that in several leagues, I honestly have almost zero interest in handcuffs. Maybe he feels different but honestly I wouldn't even bother offering Carter to him. Then again I guess what I'm getting at is that he would be foolish to roster Carter in FFPC because it is really just a clogger to him. It really isn't the insurance you think it is, IMO. If you're stacked, you just insert another RB when/if needed. So maybe you should offer him. Ha.

If I'm stacked like him the way you say he is, and I am stacked like that in several leagues, I honestly have almost zero interest in handcuffs. Maybe he feels different but honestly I wouldn't even bother offering Carter to him. Then again I guess what I'm getting at is that he would be foolish to roster Carter in FFPC because it is really just a clogger to him. It really isn't the insurance you think it is, IMO. If you're stacked, you just insert another RB when/if needed. So maybe you should offer him. Ha.
Exactly. Every time I think “let me try to offer him a trade” and compare our rosters, there’s just not a fit at all since ALL of his RBs are better than Carter at this point (Taylor, Swift…ha, Taylor Swift :) …CEH, Barkley, Sanders, Hall). He has zero need for him.

So, yes, in FFPC especially, Carter is definitely a roster clogger and specifically for a stacked roster team like this dude has. 

FFPC:

Interesting.  I owned both on the same team before recently trading away Carter.  I can see your thought process here, but by the way it seems Robinson is seen in general on the boards, wouldn't be surprised if some considered this a light return for Carter (despite the seemingly positive recent Robinson updates.) 

Edit: didn't read any replies before posting this.  Now that I've caught up, I stand corrected. 

Last edited by a moderator:

FFPC:

I like it for you.

I just offered MM + 2023 3rd (likely 3.01) for Robinson to the Ridder shareholder in SF, and was rejected.

They thought it was fair, but they like Robinson, and based on Aker’s recovery they’re optimistic. Gah. 

Interesting.  I owned both on the same team before recently trading away Carter.  I can see your thought process here, but by the way it seems Robinson is seen in general on the boards, wouldn't be surprised if some considered this a light return for Carter (despite the seemingly positive recent Robinson updates.) 

Edit: didn't read any replies before posting this.  Now that I've caught up, I stand corrected. 
Yeah, Carter’s value has tanked with Hall in the fold. Maybe a slight overreaction as I think Carter will still have some decent value, but understandable. 

Yeah, Carter’s value has tanked with Hall in the fold. Maybe a slight overreaction as I think Carter will still have some decent value, but understandable. 
I wish my leaguemates thought like you guys.  I have the 1.01 and plan on Hall, so I inquired about Carter's price the other day to see how cheap I could get him and got told "well I did spend a top 10 pick for him, plus he did well last year so I don't see Hall completely taking over right away."

I wish my leaguemates thought like you guys.  I have the 1.01 and plan on Hall, so I inquired about Carter's price the other day to see how cheap I could get him and got told "well I did spend a top 10 pick for him, plus he did well last year so I don't see Hall completely taking over right away."
This is why Carter is a tough one to trade (the above Robinson trade notwithstanding). 

the Carter team spent a 1st on him so they don’t want to sell low, just in case Hall bombs or it gets hurt. 

the team trying to acquire Carter can rightfully say “I don’t care what you spent last year. Situations change and now Carter is an obvious backup”

Stalemate. Reluctant Hold.   

Last edited by a moderator:
Sunk cost fallacy. 

Nice pull! 
I like Olave quite a bit but not crazy about Wilson, at least in terms of the landing spot. This turned out to be what I considered my WR5 and WR6 for what is now my WR1. I also drafted London, Claypool, Toney, Gabriel Davis (and Crowder) and Palmer. Not sure that the depth that Olave and Wilson were going to give me are anything remotely close to what Deebo does for me. Honestly didn't think I'd pull a Deebo deal, though. Thing is there are only like 3 rosters in all my portfolio that need WRs bad enough to do something. And in the other ones I'm going for something conceivably cheaper for Mike Williams, which is the other target I was given above. I did make one other Deebo offer elsewhere that was quickly RNC.

I won't be selling my one share of Mike because I need him there. Same with my other Deebo share as I just took him in a different startup and plan to keep him. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Now do Justin Fields. :excited:
Now now, my work is done for today if I bag Mike Williams. I even managed to take my daughter for ice cream and shopping in the middle of this. 

Hot Sauce Guy said:
Plus the roster spot! It was a bargain.

@barackdhouseofficially owes me one for inspiring this. 
:D  
eh actually I had a couple other roster spots that were likely going to come open before the 1st FAAB in September. I'm stretching the truth to call this clearing a spot. I drafted Sincere McCormick and will more than likely be dropping him. Jerome Ford. But I do kind of like this exercise so thanks. I really don't need a QB in 1QB leagues but I do have an *extra* Fields share I'm going to try and do something with. In SF leagues I am definitely not selling Fields and the asking price for me to buy is basically prohibitive. Not going to try there.

In SF leagues I am definitely not selling Fields and the asking price for me to buy is basically prohibitive. Not going to try there.
good to know. The 16 team IDP SF dynasty team I just took over has Fields/Lance as the 2 QBs. Nice to know you’re high on him.

Now I have to hope Lance comes through.  Would love to get your opinion of that roster if you have a chance. Working my fair booth until 11 PM, but can DM later if you’re feeling generous. 

good to know. The 16 team IDP SF dynasty team I just took over has Fields/Lance as the 2 QBs. Nice to know you’re high on him.

Now I have to hope Lance comes through.  Would love to get your opinion of that roster if you have a chance. Working my fair booth until 11 PM, but can DM later if you’re feeling generous. 
That is cool I don't play IDP or 16 team so that sort of skews it for me but Lance and Fields is a great QB combo to start with. I'm not that high on Fields but he has the konami code upside and the new regime CANNOT be dumber than the last. There is nowhere to go but up for him. But yeah send me your team and I'll look...

Jonesin For Some Football said:
I'll play the game.  Lets say.......Big Mike Williams.
Boom shaka laka

FFPC 1QB

I gave Allen Robinson, Damien Harris, 2023 4th
I got Mike Williams, Rashaad Penny 2023 7th

I have Walker in this one if that means anything

12 team, Superflex, PPR, Bestball

Gave: Dak

Got: Two ‘23 1sts, Aiyuk

————————

This is the start up draft. I’d been trying to punt year 1 with no luck and got that offer in the inbox and took it. I thought it was fair. Another owner though it was light.

I like buying 1sts this far out. Alot can happen and one or both of these can become top 3 picks with some luck. Thoughts?

12 team, Superflex, PPR, Bestball

Gave: Dak

Got: Two ‘23 1sts, Aiyuk

————————

This is the start up draft. I’d been trying to punt year 1 with no luck and got that offer in the inbox and took it. I thought it was fair. Another owner though it was light.

I like buying 1sts this far out. Alot can happen and one or both of these can become top 3 picks with some luck. Thoughts?
I really like that value for Dak.

menobrown said:

FFPC:

How did it come to this for James Robinson. The Carter also faces competition from a touted prospect, yet has not proven himself nearly as much. Is the Achilles that big of a deal?

Users who are viewing this thread