What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

Gave: 1.10, 2.01
Got: 1.05

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
Oh I don’t know. Unless you’re a believer in AR or Levis in SF, the talent at 10 and 13 is just as good most likely. Robinson, Stroud, Young, JSN are gone. Given how risky both of those QBs are I’d rather have 2 shots at a player.
I don’t play SF, and I’m not a believer, but I’d be all in on AR at the 1.05. High ceiling low floor prospect at the premium position. I’d consider Gibbs as well, depending on roster. But then, I’m not excited about any WR besides JSN.

So would everybody, but he's not getting to 1.05 in SF ever unless the entirety of the NFL thinks he sucks and has a Willis-esque fall in real draft capital, which doesn't seem that likely.

I'd rather have the two picks here, unless you're extremely high on someone like a JSN or Gibbs AND you think they're going to get a great landing spot which makes them a super obvious use of the pick 5. With 10 and 13 you're getting either one of Levis (or maybe Hooker) in play plus your choice of the back/WR with the other one.

Levis isn't going to fall to the 10th pick if he's a 1st round QB.

Levis going in the first, if not the top 10, is already baked into his value, and I'm seeing plenty of mocks where the top four plus JSN, Gibbs, Addison, Johnston and at least one other (Flowers, Charbonnet, whatever) goes ahead of him. It's not like we're talking about Hooker with a much wider range of draft capital outcomes. And that's before the possibility that someone IRL goes nuts and overdrafts someone like a Hyatt or whoever which causes them to rush up rookie draft boards

12 Team 1QB PPR (can start 5 WR) Full rebuild mode ... I have 8 of top 20 this year and 7 of Top 24 next.

I gave up 2024 2nd (likely early/mid)
I received NYG WR Wan'Dale Robinson

With Toney in KC, I see Dabol using Wan'Dale more gadget and slot style ... so I figured worth the value since I have too many picks...

24 team 2 copies of each player - my only non-FFPC dynasty league

I gave Mixon
I got 2024 2nd, 3.22
I've been trying to sell Mixon but think I'd let him stay on my team for this. I would need a 1st for him even late and even if I had to give up a mid-round pick back to make it happen which is what I'm trying to do now.
Lol. Good luck

Gave: 1.10, 2.01
Got: 1.05

12 team SF
Bargain move up.
Oh I don’t know. Unless you’re a believer in AR or Levis in SF, the talent at 10 and 13 is just as good most likely. Robinson, Stroud, Young, JSN are gone. Given how risky both of those QBs are I’d rather have 2 shots at a player.
I don’t play SF, and I’m not a believer, but I’d be all in on AR at the 1.05. High ceiling low floor prospect at the premium position. I’d consider Gibbs as well, depending on roster. But then, I’m not excited about any WR besides JSN.

So would everybody, but he's not getting to 1.05 in SF ever unless the entirety of the NFL thinks he sucks and has a Willis-esque fall in real draft capital, which doesn't seem that likely.

I'd rather have the two picks here, unless you're extremely high on someone like a JSN or Gibbs AND you think they're going to get a great landing spot which makes them a super obvious use of the pick 5. With 10 and 13 you're getting either one of Levis (or maybe Hooker) in play plus your choice of the back/WR with the other one.
I'm extremely high on JSN personally and think A-Rich is worth that pick easily. I'm on the side that would much rather have 1.05 as top tier picks are worth giving up tier 3 options for me. I can see both sides though but think people are undervaluing 1.05 in this thread a little.

I gave Mixon
I got 2024 2nd, 3.22
I've been trying to sell Mixon but think I'd let him stay on my team for this. I would need a 1st for him even late and even if I had to give up a mid-round pick back to make it happen which is what I'm trying to do now.
Lol. Good luck
Could be hard especially with the news of charges and Cincy may draft a RB but I'll take the risk. I'd even rather give Mixon and a late 2nd for a future first from a non-playoff team. I'm trying to make it a 3rd with Mixon but we will see who bites. His value could plummet after the draft though.

I gave Mixon
I got 2024 2nd, 3.22
I understand. I'm happy to move on for this right now. Consider also that even if he is cleared and plays and has a big year, his days of commanding a 1st are over. **maybe** inseason if everything breaks perfect.

I gave Mixon
I got 2024 2nd, 3.22
Lol. Good luck
Could be hard especially with the news of charges and Cincy may draft a RB but I'll take the risk. I'd even rather give Mixon and a late 2nd for a future first from a non-playoff team. I'm trying to make it a 3rd with Mixon but we will see who bites. His value could plummet after the draft though.
Mixon is falling into the Ray Rice category of guys who just aren't good enough anymore to justify the off field issues.
I mean, he hasn't looked very good even before all the news.
But hey, shoot for the stars right?

12 Team 1QB PPR (can start 5 WR) Full rebuild mode ... I have 8 of top 20 this year and 7 of Top 24 next.

I gave up 2024 2nd (likely early/mid)
I received NYG WR Wan'Dale Robinson

With Toney in KC, I see Dabol using Wan'Dale more gadget and slot style ... so I figured worth the value since I have too many picks...
I like it. 2024 2nd is like a 2023 3rd in my math.

Robinson has enough juice that if he stays healthy (a big if) he could be solid.

Tough to say before we see the Giants draft, but they need receivers.

I gave Mixon
I got 2024 2nd, 3.22

In FFPC Triflex last week, a guy offered me Mixon for Pollard (rejected with no comment), and Mixon for Bateman (rejected with polite "Mixon is way too risky" comment).

I've got Mixon on a superflex best ball team, and I don't think there's much point in shopping him until his situation clarifies.

12 team 1ppr start 9(including defense no kickers)
Traded 1.3
Received Kelce

Starters
LJ
Taylor
Hall
Aiyuk
Diontae
Kirk
Jamo
Kelce
Tampa

12 team 1ppr start 9(including defense no kickers)
Traded 1.3
Received Kelce

Starters
LJ
Taylor
Hall
Aiyuk
Diontae
Kirk
Jamo
Kelce
Tampa
If you win it all, it was worth it.

No other way to look at it. 1.03 is gonna be a nice player for a long time.

Kelce could win you your league this year, and lord only knows for how much longer.

Ppr 1qb/2rb/3wr/1te/2flex. 12 teams

Gave 1.3, 2024 2nd (mid?), Mooney, shaheed

Got 1.2, Gibson, Gainwell

I am confused by this trade...what is the other guy trying to accomplish...he gave up the most important asset in the 1.2 so you now get to choose from any player not named Bijan...is this all for a 2024 2nd because Shaheed is roster fodder and Mooney is a fantasy JAG...I would much rather have Gibson and Gainwell than those two...they both have their warts but in a 12-team league they definitely enhance your RB depth and you can never have enough of that...this is a real head-scratcher.

I gave Mixon
I got 2024 2nd, 3.22
Lol. Good luck
You should probably temper your expectations on thinking Mixon is worth anything remotely close to a 1st rounder. Unless you have a MASSIVE mark in your league.

I gave Mixon
I got 2024 2nd, 3.22
Lol. Good luck
You should probably temper your expectations on thinking Mixon is worth anything remotely close to a 1st rounder. Unless you have a MASSIVE mark in your league.
I sold Mixon post-road-rage incident accusation along with the #22 pick for the #8 pick. And I still question that move. All depends on what happens with him. Perine left because he didn't want to take a chance of being stuck behind a bellcow again. Makes you wonder if he knows something we don't about the Bengals likelihood of keeping him around.

I don't think there's much point in shopping him until his situation clarifies
I think that's the correct approach

But....

Mixon is falling into the Ray Rice category
There is some risk of this going down. We are not at that point yet, but he can't take much more off field negativity and even if he walks the straight and narrow going forward there is some concern additional infromation comes out during the current charges against him.

But....

There is some risk of this going down. We are not at that point yet, but he can't take much more off field negativity and even if he walks the straight and narrow going forward there is some concern additional infromation comes out during the current charges against him.

Interesting that KTC has Kamara's value as basically identical, they're in a similar legal spot and Mixon's a year younger

But....

Interesting that KTC has Kamara's value as basically identical, they're in a similar legal spot and Mixon's a year younger
I have a strong disagreement with that and their are some differences between them but one major one is the their standing with their current teams.

Mixon's roster spot and role is in serious jeopardy. The Saints are 100% behind Kamara, and based on their actions not just this year but a strong shot at next season as well.

Saints are 100% behind Kamara
Are we sure about this?

I haven’t seen a whole lot to indicate their sentiment either way. They brought in a pretty capable back in Jamaal Williams and seemed to make the a priority FA.

Not saying it isn’t true, just saying I haven’t seen much to support it. I was expecting some commentary from them if/when he gets suspended.

Are we sure about this?

I haven’t seen a whole lot to indicate their sentiment either way
. They brought in a pretty capable back in Jamaal Williams and seemed to make the a priority FA.

Not saying it isn’t true, just saying I haven’t seen much to support it. I was expecting some commentary from them if/when he gets suspended.
100% is pretty affirmative.

Their sentiment and support you say you have not seen is right in front of you. Just look at how they handled his contract.

Are we sure about this?

. They brought in a pretty capable back in Jamaal Williams and seemed to make the a priority FA.

Their sentiment and support you say you have not seen is right in front of you. Just look at how they handled his contract.
Actually hadn't seen his contract - missed that they restructured it in May, so that explains things a little.

What I read was that they restructured it to get under the cap so they could make room after signing Cam Jordan.

But they didn’t release him, which I guess is the take-away, while Mixon could still be released?

I guess that’s an endorsement.

They brought in a pretty capable back in Jamaal Williams and seemed to make the a priority FA.
Williams is so uninspiring and isn't a lead back type. Capable enough in the role he played in Detroit last year, but that was running behind a really good OL in a fairly dynamic offense. KInd of move that says they are confident in Kamara being the main back in 2023. Everyone seems to assume that a 6-8 game suspension is coming, but it could be more a 2-4 gamer just as easily.

Will be interesting to see if the Saints spend a day 2 pick on a RB. That will be a big tell about how they view Kamara in 2023

I’d be looking to dump both Kamara and Mixon if there were any market for them, but agree with the above points that Mixon is in more immediate danger. He was pretty terrible last year:

Kamara was pretty bad also but at least his job for the coming year is secure. At their ages RBs really are a year to year proposition. Mixon may be cut and if so would struggle to find a decent contract and role elsewhere. Kamara’s job is safe.

In terms of value as fantasy assets, I’d say Kamara is basically the Titanic right around the time the lifeboats are being loaded. Mixon is right after the ship has broken in half and is bobbing around before the final plunge.

Are we sure about this?

Actually hadn't seen his contract - missed that they restructured it in May, so that explains things a little.

What I read was that they restructured it to get under the cap so they could make room after signing Cam Jordan.

But they didn’t release him, which I guess is the take-away, while Mixon could still be released?

I guess that’s an endorsement.
When you move over $7m of his base pay into bonus, which saves Kamara a chunk of change if he is suspended as well as making it far more financially difficult to cut him next season I'd say it's more then a guess.

Like I said night and day difference in how their current teams are handling their futures with them.

I’d be looking to dump both Kamara and Mixon if there were any market for them, but agree with the above points that Mixon is in more immediate danger. He was pretty terrible last year:

Kamara was pretty bad also but at least his job for the coming year is secure. At their ages RBs really are a year to year proposition. Mixon may be cut and if so would struggle to find a decent contract and role elsewhere. Kamara’s job is safe.

In terms of value as fantasy assets, I’d say Kamara is basically the Titanic right around the time the lifeboats are being loaded. Mixon is right after the ship has broken in half and is bobbing around before the final plunge.
Agree on Mixon, not on Kamara who I view as a target.

I don't think Kamara was terrible last year so much in a dead offense and I'm a little surprised that no one seems to factor in he cracked his ribs severely in week one. That injury is a very slow healing and painful injury. I think it's kind of impactful to a RB.

I don't think Kamara was terrible last year so much in a dead offense and I'm a little surprised that no one seems to factor in he cracked his ribs severely in week one. That injury is a very slow healing and painful injury. I think it's kind of impactful to a RB.

Out of curiosity, what draft pick comp would you pay to acquire Kamara right now?

If he’s suspended 10 games, I could see him coming in with fresh legs and being valuable for the stretch run and playoffs for fantasy. All comes down to cost for me. Really not sure if he has any shelf life beyond this season though. He’ll be 29 heading into 2024 and if spotrac has been updated he looks like a cut candidate at that point to me. And even if not, I have a lot of questions about his ability at that point. Feel like I’ve lizard brained some pretty negative analytics on him. Let me see if I can find the receipts.

Are we sure about this?

I haven’t seen a whole lot to indicate their sentiment either way. They brought in a pretty capable back in Jamaal Williams and seemed to make the a priority FA.

They’ve always had a second back to pair with Kamara.

If he’s suspended 10 games
This would seem like the worst case scenario, and would make him a roster clogger for the better part of half a season+

Roster size would therefore seem to be a major factor for anyone looking to acquire him.

He’s also 28 in July.

For a win-now team with a hole at RB I could see making the move if the price was right. But like I said, there would have to be enough roster space to justify it.

Keep/Trade/Cut has him around a mid 2nd, and just 2 spots ahead of Mixon, FWIW.

Personally I’d be targeting younger players if I’m spending a mid-second, but there is the possibility that AK comes off suspension and gives you RB1 numbers. There’s also a likely bigger possibility that he doesn’t.

They’ve always had a second back to pair with Kamara.
True, but they did make it a FA priority to go get JaaWill out of DET, who reportedly Al wanted to re-sign him. He is comparable to Ingram.

As said earlier in this discussion, the NFL draft will tell us more - if the Saints take a day 2 RB, it might be cause for more concern.

If he’s suspended 10 games
This would seem like the worst case scenario, and would make him a roster clogger for the better part of half a season+

Roster size would therefore seem to be a major factor for anyone looking to acquire him.

He’s also 28 in July.

For a win-now team with a hole at RB I could see making the move if the price was right. But like I said, there would have to be enough roster space to justify it.

Keep/Trade/Cut has him around a mid 2nd, and just 2 spots ahead of Mixon, FWIW.

Personally I’d be targeting younger players if I’m spending a mid-second, but there is the possibility that AK comes off suspension and gives you RB1 numbers. There’s also a likely bigger possibility that he doesn’t.

This is about where I’m at. In general, I think he’s a sell (or just ride to sunset), but there are certain types of teams where he might actually be a target. For those teams though the question is price and opportunity cost. I have one such team he would fit nicely.

Out of curiosity, what draft pick comp would you pay to acquire Kamara right now?

If he’s suspended 10 games, I could see him coming in with fresh legs and being valuable for the stretch run and playoffs for fantasy. All comes down to cost for me. Really not sure if he has any shelf life beyond this season though. He’ll be 29 heading into 2024 and if spotrac has been updated he looks like a cut candidate at that point to me. And even if not, I have a lot of questions about his ability at that point. Feel like I’ve lizard brained some pretty negative analytics on him. Let me see if I can find the receipts.
What would I pay? Let me flip that question a little because I don't have a team that fits the criteria of win now and in need of a RB that does not already have Kamara on it. Specifically I have two teams I would consider win now but light at RB and both of those teams have Kamara. I would not trade him for a high second on those teams. I think in general I'd give late seconds for Kamara(have offered it to one team) on just about every team of mine right now even if I don't need a RB. Anything higher I would, and am, keeping my options open but feel no need to do anything until I'm close to or OTC and know my other options but will likely fall somewhere in the second round range.

I'd add this and maybe a tie in to his value. For me if he was not facing a suspension he'd be someone I'd be looking at in that 5th round range of redrafts. Last season I was gobbling up Hopkins in mainly 7th round range as I viewed that as 3 round discount on what I'd normally pay for him. My theory is simply it's the easiest weeks to cover with limited bye weeks and you get the player during money making time later. I'm approaching this off-season with Kamara in the same vein and am gobbling him up in the 8th round range which I view as along the lines of a 3 round discount. The difference in the two is we don't know the length of Kamara's "possible" suspension and on that note.....

The Saints choosing to re-structure his contract gives me a lot of optimism his suspension won't be anything remotley close to 10 games, and quite possibly zero. By converting his base to bonus they are saving Kamara about $400K for every game he might be suspended. While the Saints can't know right now the length of possible suspension they probably have done some research and have an idea, more then us for sure. If he got suspended 10 games the Saints would have cost themselves $4m by converting his base to bonus. Even a 6 game cost of around $2.5m is pretty high to give up.

The scenario that I am planning for is he's out weeks 1-6 which is the easiest bye weeks to cover and as you are indicating kind of bonus that he'd come in fresh. I would say from that range I think the odds are much higher it's less then 6 games then more, with a chance of zero if his trial is delayed.

12 team SF

Gave 1.02 + 2.04
Got 1.01

Another trade I don't understand.
Just a criminally low price to move from 2 to 1.

There should be at least a 1.08 in there too, IMO.

Almost like team 1.01 didn’t know how much it was worth.
Not trying to justify, but 1.01 guy needs a QB in the worst way. This gives them that chance with a 2nd round kicker. Apparently there hadn't been much in the way of offers for the 1.01 yet and there hasn't been much chatter in the league this year so far.

12 team SF

Gave 1.02 + 2.04
Got 1.01

Another trade I don't understand.
Just a criminally low price to move from 2 to 1.

There should be at least a 1.08 in there too, IMO.

Almost like team 1.01 didn’t know how much it was worth.
Not trying to justify, but 1.01 guy needs a QB in the worst way. This gives them that chance with a 2nd round kicker. Apparently there hadn't been much in the way of offers for the 1.01 yet and there hasn't been much chatter in the league this year so far.
I don’t mind moving down from 1 to 2 especially if QB is the need.

He just barely got anything to do it. 2.04 isn’t gonna be terrible, but it should have been much more profitable.

12 team SF

Gave 1.02 + 2.04
Wow - even in Superflex this seems like a really bad idea for the team moving down. Not sure there’s a stud QB in this draft.
Yeah - I mean, I recently traded a 1.01 in a package to get TLaw.

Bijan is worth most of an elite QB if you can put the package together.

Regardless, they can take a Stroud or Young, I just don’t see 2.04 as the difference between Bijan and one of those dudes.

12 team SF

Gave 1.02 + 2.04
Wow - even in Superflex this seems like a really bad idea for the team moving down. Not sure there’s a stud QB in this draft.
Yeah - I mean, I recently traded a 1.01 in a package to get TLaw.

Bijan is worth most of an elite QB if you can put the package together.

Regardless, they can take a Stroud or Young, I just don’t see 2.04 as the difference between Bijan and one of those dudes.
Yes I like Stroud as a NFL QB, but not sure he ever even has a top 10 fantasy season. I like Richardson as a fantasy option based on upside but there’s obviously a great chance he flames out as an NFL QB.

This trade makes zero sense for the team trading the 1.01. The 2.04 is a nice pick, but it’s far from a sure thing.

Users who are viewing this thread