What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

Yeah he was terrible. So was Robert Smith.

I'm thinking he's confusing Ohio State with Wisconsin. I just can't remember any big time Ohio State RB busts.

In recent seasons they really didn't have any big time RB prospects.

Carlos Hyde (2014) was stuck behind Frank Gore as a rookie and looked great last season before getting hurt.

Boom Herron (2012) was a sixth round pick.

Beanie Wells (2009) was a disappointment but that was mostly due to his inability to stay healthy. He looked good when on the field.

Anotnio Pittman (2007), 4th round pick so what was expected really?

Maurice Clarett (2005), ok here's your bust - but he was a headcase/criminal.

Jonathan Wells (2004) another 4th round pick who received zero hype.

That's every Ohio State RB drafted since 2000. I don't think we can make any determinations of Elliot's chances based off this list. :shrug:
You're absolutely right. I was confusing OSU and Wisconsin. My bad.

I've noticed a lot of trades involving 2016 1st and 2017 1st round picks.  At what point in 2016 1st round picks would it make sense to move it for a random 2017 1st round pick (lets assume 10 team league).  If you had the #5 rookie pick this year, would you move it for a random 1st in 2017 - what if it's from a weaker than average team?  How about the 7? 

I'll hang up and listen.
I wouldn't give any 1st.  Mostly because I rarely have to, and I'm not going to start setting that precedent.  I'm one of the few that loads up on future 1's in most of my leagues, so teams willing to pay Tuesday for a hamburger today generally come to me first.  I just got a 2017 1st for 2.05 and 3.08 in a 16 man league, that is the 2nd one so far for 2017.  I've also had responses from a couple of new guys lately open to the idea that initially were not.

Pick 12 for Mccoy??  God I wish I could do that.  Well worth it.

As for trading picks this year for next year, especially this year, I have no problem dealing any number pick for the same pick next year.  Now since you can never know exactly what the future pick will be, if I think it will be similar or better, I would have no problem making the  move.  If I have pick 5 and could move it for a team I am fairly positive will miss the playoffs next year, I will happily for it.

This does not apply to every year though. 

Although, essentially every year, I would deal a later 1st for a future 1st that I think belongs to a non playoff team.  In 12 team leagues, I would trade pick 12 for ANY team's future 1st.  I would shop the bad teams first of course, but I will keep trading that late pick over and over for future 1sts until I got lucky and the pick I traded for ends up high
Curious as to why?  You're waiting a year for the same payout, on average, that you could get immediately.  Why would you not demand some level of premium for the wait?  You've got at minimum a decent chance to get an even later one.  I get trading 1.05 for a 3rd and a future 1st, but 1.05 for a future pick that might make the playoffs and be worse?  Then what, trade again for another future first?  And again the third year?  You're waiting three years and getting no return on it?  I can almost get behind trading 1.11/1.12, but anything earlier doesn't seem worth it.  I'd just as soon draft the biggest fluff piece at 1.05 (Henry this year?) and wait for him to gain an iota of momentum then flip him for more. 

10 team league, 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 

Traded away Le'Veon Bell

Got Davante Parker, 1.02, 2017 1st (very likely top4)

Still plenty deep enough at RB and bolstered my starting WR's 

I wouldn't give any 1st.  Mostly because I rarely have to, and I'm not going to start setting that precedent.  I'm one of the few that loads up on future 1's in most of my leagues, so teams willing to pay Tuesday for a hamburger today generally come to me first.  I just got a 2017 1st for 2.05 and 3.08 in a 16 man league, that is the 2nd one so far for 2017.  I've also had responses from a couple of new guys lately open to the idea that initially were not.

Curious as to why?  You're waiting a year for the same payout, on average, that you could get immediately.  Why would you not demand some level of premium for the wait?  You've got at minimum a decent chance to get an even later one.  I get trading 1.05 for a 3rd and a future 1st, but 1.05 for a future pick that might make the playoffs and be worse?  Then what, trade again for another future first?  And again the third year?  You're waiting three years and getting no return on it?  I can almost get behind trading 1.11/1.12, but anything earlier doesn't seem worth it.  I'd just as soon draft the biggest fluff piece at 1.05 (Henry this year?) and wait for him to gain an iota of momentum then flip him for more. 
You got a future 1st for what is that, picks 21 and 40?  Sorry, I have never been in a league where I could get that, or really even close to that.

I would obviously try and get that future 1st a different way, but if the ONLY move I can make with pick 5 this year is for a 2017 1st straight up that I am confident will be a top 6 picks (most likely something that looks somewhere from 1-3), then I will  make that move THIS year.

I am not talking about other years, I am talking about THIS year

I guess I mis-read a little bit, makes a little more sense.  I still wouldn't trade 1.05 this year for 2017 straight up.  You should be able to at least drop it to a 2nd or 3rd this year + that 2017.  If not though, I would go scorched earth and pick someone with high hype potential.  At 1.05 you're going to see at least one of Treadwell, Coleman, Henry, or Doctson.  Those guys are going to hold serve throughout the year at least.  Heck I saw Kevin White traded for a 2016 1st and something else last year - it might even have been Diggs.  If they were inclined to trade the 2017 on draft day, they will trade it and more for a guy that's off to a hot start or getting sexy early press.  Imagine Henry gets picked by Miami and Ajayi goes limping off the field in pre-season week 2.  Or Doctson goes to MIN and TBW locks in on him all pre-season.

I suppose you can draft a guy at 5 who's value will increase.  You can also draft a guy who loses all his value quickly.  It works both ways. 

I would prefer to take my chances doing that by drafting players from a better draft class. 

It's a lot harder for a guy at 1.05 to lose value quickly, hence my citation of the White trade.  Have you ever been able to get a guy drafted in the first round for significantly less within their first TWO years?  People are STILL talking about giving early picks for Melvin Gordon, who spent most of 2015 trying to convince us he didn't belong in the NFL.  Meanwhile Parker did a whole lot of very little and people are paying 1.04 and 1.06 for him this year.  We just had that trade in this thread like 3 pages ago.

Even if that is true, the same will apply to the pick you get next year, and from a better class, hence, more value. 

However, I don't think it is true.  I think quite a few rookies lose a lot of value within a year.

Last edited by a moderator:
You got a future 1st for what is that, picks 21 and 40?  Sorry, I have never been in a league where I could get that, or really even close to that.

I would obviously try and get that future 1st a different way, but if the ONLY move I can make with pick 5 this year is for a 2017 1st straight up that I am confident will be a top 6 picks (most likely something that looks somewhere from 1-3), then I will  make that move THIS year.

I am not talking about other years, I am talking about THIS year

2014 FFPC draft I was sitting OTC at pick 2.7 mulling over who to take when someone offered me a 2015#1 for the pick. I accepted, they took Allen Robinson and that pick ended up being 1.1 and Gurley. A win/win? 

So it happens but that same year, in another FFPC league I did the kind of trade Hank would probably hate. I gave up 1.5 for 2.3 and 2014#1 to a terrible team with a terrible owner that I considered about a 100% lock for top 6 pick as it gets. 

So in same year paid vastly different prices for a future #1.

In 2013 I considered that draft to have 9 players worth a first round pick, I had pick 10. I had to give up pick 10 and throw some thirds into the deal to get a teams 2014#1. I'd do the same thing this year.

One thing I'd add, whether the draft is considered weak or poor the one spot in the early part of the draft that it seems to not impact is the perceived value of players in the middle first. Meaning I don't see a lot of difference in a pick 5-7 range in a strong year versus picks 5-7 in a weak year.  I see a lot of difference at the top and end of first round in strong vs weak drafts, but not middle first and I stress I'm talking about perceived value at the time of the draft. So I'm not moving pick 5 to get pick 5 next year, I'm only moving it if I feel strongly its not going to be worse than pick 5 but potentially much better.

Right.  The idea would be to deal pick 5 now for a future pick that has a nice shot to be higher than pick 5 with decent enough potential for pick 1.

In the FFPC, basically any team you view as a surefire nonplayoff team would work. 

2014 FFPC draft I was sitting OTC at pick 2.7 mulling over who to take when someone offered me a 2015#1 for the pick. I accepted, they took Allen Robinson and that pick ended up being 1.1 and Gurley. A win/win? 

So it happens but that same year, in another FFPC league I did the kind of trade Hank would probably hate. I gave up 1.5 for 2.3 and 2014#1 to a terrible team with a terrible owner that I considered about a 100% lock for top 6 pick as it gets. 

So in same year paid vastly different prices for a future #1.

In 2013 I considered that draft to have 9 players worth a first round pick, I had pick 10. I had to give up pick 10 and throw some thirds into the deal to get a teams 2014#1. I'd do the same thing this year.

One thing I'd add, whether the draft is considered weak or poor the one spot in the early part of the draft that it seems to not impact is the perceived value of players in the middle first. Meaning I don't see a lot of difference in a pick 5-7 range in a strong year versus picks 5-7 in a weak year.  I see a lot of difference at the top and end of first round in strong vs weak drafts, but not middle first and I stress I'm talking about perceived value at the time of the draft. So I'm not moving pick 5 to get pick 5 next year, I'm only moving it if I feel strongly its not going to be worse than pick 5 but potentially much better.
I like that trade, a lot.  I really like that you only dropped down to 2.03.  You still got a shot at a guy like Dorsett or Ajayi (or a high quality IDP in some leagues).  That's a huge difference.  I also LOVE the lead-pipe lock early pick.  If Ghost is talking lead-pipe lock to be top 5 I have less issue, but he didn't indicate that. 

Right.  The idea would be to deal pick 5 now for a future pick that has a nice shot to be higher than pick 5 with decent enough potential for pick 1.

In the FFPC, basically any team you view as a surefire nonplayoff team would work. 
It's your money, but no way I settle for those pot odds. 

Just witnessed S Diggs traded for 3.01. FFPC league. Seems I'm missing something as no one else sees this as bad as I think it is. 

I like that trade, a lot.  I really like that you only dropped down to 2.03.  You still got a shot at a guy like Dorsett or Ajayi (or a high quality IDP in some leagues).  That's a huge difference.  I also LOVE the lead-pipe lock early pick.  If Ghost is talking lead-pipe lock to be top 5 I have less issue, but he didn't indicate that. 
Pretty sure I did

Pretty sure I did
a team I am fairly positive will miss the playoffs next year

a terrible team with a terrible owner that I considered about a 100% lock for top 6 pick

I see a pretty significant difference in risk factor there.  Again, it's your money.  This year, last year, 2031, whenever.  I wouldn't do it.

Yea but cuts already happened and you can roster as many people as you want from now till about start of the season.
Is it early enough that he might take advantage of the fallout though?  If a guy was cut by another very deep team that he really likes, he just freed up a roster spot to add that guy.  So now it's 3.01 + (Alfred Morris, for example) for Diggs and that can look a lot different.  But yeah, aside from those factors, it's pretty awful.

I turn you down without even thinking about it.

Especially when I know you have the 1.2 & 1.3.  Offer the 1.2 and the 1.9.  You would then have your first choice and still own 3 of the first 4 picks.  Why are people so greedy?
Ummm, cause it leads to WINNING

a team I am fairly positive will miss the playoffs next year

a terrible team with a terrible owner that I considered about a 100% lock for top 6 pick

I see a pretty significant difference in risk factor there.  Again, it's your money.  This year, last year, 2031, whenever.  I wouldn't do it.
Yes, yes it is my money.  And I have a lot more of that money because of the trades I make in high stakes leagues.  To each his own

Someone explain the diggs love.   He had 700 yards and 4 tds.  2 100 yard games.  Minnesota is almost certainly looking for a number one receiver.  It's easy to say he's young he should improve,  but he was a 5th round pick with unexceptional metrics.  This isn't much of a passing offense and the qb doesn't look bad or anything but I'm not dying to get a piece of the offense or anything.    I'm not saying I wouldn't take him for 3.1, but I don't see myself spending a first on him either.   What's the magical thing you see in him that makes you think he's likely to emerge? 

Someone explain the diggs love.   He had 700 yards and 4 tds.  2 100 yard games.  Minnesota is almost certainly looking for a number one receiver.  It's easy to say he's young he should improve,  but he was a 5th round pick with unexceptional metrics.  This isn't much of a passing offense and the qb doesn't look bad or anything but I'm not dying to get a piece of the offense or anything.    I'm not saying I wouldn't take him for 3.1, but I don't see myself spending a first on him either.   What's the magical thing you see in him that makes you think he's likely to emerge? 
I'm not in love with Diggs at all but 3.1 isn't much at all in return. Even if you don't like him someone in your league has to be willing to pay more than 3.1. I try to avoid the whole Minn passing game also but shop him a little more and get a better pick, he kinda still has the new car smell so someone will do it

Not to mention we've had a different Viking WRs  ready to "break out" the last three seasons. 

I do agree with the pancake lady though.... I like Diggs more than the 3.1

bostonfred said:
You could have almost changed the names around and applied this post to Antonio Brown after his third season and I mention because I do agree with Mike Wallace on the comp.

As as brief as I can be so not to turn this into a Diggs thread he passed the eye test. His 5th round pedigree is weak but I believe he was the #1 ranked HS WR in the country coming out, higher than Cooper, so that tells me he is not without pedigree-just not the kind that teams have to play to justify picking him but he's past that point now. His stats were low because as you accurately said the offense does not pass much, but put in context of performance of every other WR the last two years of the Teddy B era and he's drastically outperformed everyone else. Minny is like the new Seattle, not a nice place now for pass catchers so he likely will require some patience and my expectations next year are not big but nor would they be for any  mid to late first round (dynasty rookie draft) WR in this draft. As they move indoors and eventually move away from Peterson I expect the offense to open up, again like Seattle a team they seem to almost be attempting to mirror,  and it's already pretty encouraging when the GM keeps publicly saying the QB needs to air it out more. I fully expect Minny to get a WR early in the draft, my guess is round one, but I think it's incorrect to assume the person they draft is the #1 WR and not Diggs, I think the more accurate way to view it is they just need to get WR help because they have next to nothing other than Diggs.

I suck at being brief.

DropKick said:
No, it leads to not getting the deal done and your shot at Elliott if you think he is all that.  You already said you expected your offer to e rejected.
You always make your best offer up front?

I make more deals than any other team in every league I am in.  I think I got the hang of it, thanks though.  That and the owner of pick #1 (at least I think) is smart enough to let me know if he receives a better offer than that and gives me the opportunity to try and beat it. 

Rhythmdoctor said:
You're absolutely right. I was confusing OSU and Wisconsin. My bad.
Does that change your thinking on your deal in anyway then?

I think the point most were trying to make is you traded away the sure 1.01 when there is a legit (in most people's eyes) player available for a shot at maybe a high draft pick next year. Obviously things could turn out in your favor if Elliot busts and/or if you are able to land Chubb or Fortunette with that pick and they turn out to be better. My one concern is your team is built to win now - minus the RB position - and a player that really could have helped this year and should, theoretically at least, have long term value was there for the taking.

My team isn't involved in this deal:

some of these trades simply amaze me. While it's not impossible that this deal works out for the team getting Abdullah plus -  he's putting a lot of faith in (mostly) unproven talent by trading a consensus top 5 dynasty player. 

It's funny the guy getting Brown also needed the 2.07 included.

Does that change your thinking on your deal in anyway then?

I think the point most were trying to make is you traded away the sure 1.01 when there is a legit (in most people's eyes) player available for a shot at maybe a high draft pick next year. Obviously things could turn out in your favor if Elliot busts and/or if you are able to land Chubb or Fortunette with that pick and they turn out to be better. My one concern is your team is built to win now - minus the RB position - and a player that really could have helped this year and should, theoretically at least, have long term value was there for the taking.
It does alter it a bit for sure. I'm still confident that I'll land Fournette, Chubb or JuJu based on my picks. But yeah, that was a blunder on my part but not catastrophic by any means. I still like Chubb and Fournette better than Zeke and Cook is close. If I secure one of them I'll be happy with the trade. 

Zyphros said:
10 team league, 2QB 3WR 3RB 2TE 1Flex .5ppr 

Traded away Le'Veon Bell

Got Davante Parker, 1.02, 2017 1st (very likely top4)

Still plenty deep enough at RB and bolstered my starting WR's 
Just flipped 1.02 and Spencer Ware for 1.06 and HIll as well

12 team ppr, not involved-

doug martin/sanu

for

mike Wallace

what?
I'm not sure which side I'd want in a Sanu for Wallace deal straight up.  Likely Wallace side, but certainly it's a whole lot closer than Doug Martin...

Giving away last year's #2 rusher.  Mike Wallace's Dad playing in this league?

I'm not sure which side I'd want in a Sanu for Wallace deal straight up.  Likely Wallace side, but certainly it's a whole lot closer than Doug Martin...

Giving away last year's #2 rusher.  Mike Wallace's Dad playing in this league?
It doesn't seem possible that a trade like that could be completed. Sure Wallace fist well into the Baltimore offense and should bounce back a little but how could anyone want him that badly?

I agree that Wallace for Sanu is basically a toss up.

Users who are viewing this thread