What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (8 Viewers)

I am amazed none of these leagues have folded yet.  But, sure enough, the orphaned teams that are just atrocious somehow attract a new owner.  It might be at a discount rate, but some of these teams are so bad that I might not even both of the first two years were free, and I think of myself as being rather good at rebuilds.
I'm not amazed no leagues have folded, I'm amazed the FFPC can get people to take over some of these teams without year at least being free. I have given the FFPC a lot of credit for finding orphan owners and this is why, they do a great job of it but this kind of team is going to be a hard sale.

I would not take over this team if the first year was free, likely not even if the second year was free. They have nothing.

This team did of course pay their deposit for 2018 already so hopefully not a concern, but this is as bad a series of trades as I've seen one team pull off in a few days. And not that it makes it acceptable, but in case anyone was wondering this is not an orphan team, it's the original owner of a league heading into year 3.

I don't think collusion is at play here, those trades were all made with different teams. Makes no sense to spend $750 plus next years deposits but part of me thinks this guy is almost playing that with a scorched earth plan to leave the league. Again, that makes no sense, but than neither do any of these moves.

I'm not amazed no leagues have folded, I'm amazed the FFPC can get people to take over some of these teams without year at least being free. I have given the FFPC a lot of credit for finding orphan owners and this is why, they do a great job of it but this kind of team is going to be a hard sale.

I would not take over this team if the first year was free, likely not even if the second year was free. They have nothing.

This team did of course pay their deposit for 2018 already so hopefully not a concern, but this is as bad a series of trades as I've seen one team pull off in a few days. And not that it makes it acceptable, but in case anyone was wondering this is not an orphan team, it's the original owner of a league heading into year 3.

I don't think collusion is at play here, those trades were all made with different teams. Makes no sense to spend $750 plus next years deposits but part of me thinks this guy is almost playing that with a scorched earth plan to leave the league. Again, that makes no sense, but than neither do any of these moves.
That seems silly, free is free.  If you're cutting to 14 there are a ton of guys on waivers.  Guys like Tyreek Hill come up every year, and guys bounce back every year.  What if Mathews goes for 90/1300/10?  I'd like to see a Free Agent listing the day after cuts are made.

Not defending the owner or these trades, they are awful.  Were any of them made with common opponents?  Masked collusion attempt?

That seems silly, free is free.  If you're cutting to 14 there are a ton of guys on waivers.  Guys like Tyreek Hill come up every year, and guys bounce back every year.  What if Mathews goes for 90/1300/10?  I'd like to see a Free Agent listing the day after cuts are made.

Not defending the owner or these trades, they are awful.  Were any of them made with common opponents?  Masked collusion attempt?
I assume he meant if there were any financial obligations past the 2nd year.

I wouldn't bother if there were.

I would not join a league if I was not committed to it it long term. So free first year is great when you put it that way, but the $750 each year after I'd be shelling out not so much.

I think you over estimate the veteran FA pool. As an example last year Fleener was the best FA cut, maybe Ladarius in some leagues was next. Both sucked of course but last year and in all previous seasons the FFPC required cuts before FA. This year it's after FA, so last year you would not have even got to sniff Fleener/Ladarius in FA pool.

Great if you land a guy like Tyrek Hill but it's like small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. Let me put it this way. My team is young and good, has finished top 4 in every measure in that league both seasons. I've got 4 fairly premium #1 picks this year, plus a high second and all my picks next season. That's 5 first round picks and 2 second round picks more than this team now has. That's a whole lot of Tyrek Hill's to make that up. I'd consider their best player to be valued as my 8th best player. I don't say this to brag but just the opposite because even with all that going for my team I'm merely one of a few contenders. So I would think, with such limited coveted assets to work with, I could not turn a team like that around in 2 years even if I landed a few Tyrek's along the way.

That would not be bouncing back for Jordan Mathews, that would be some serious rising up. Not very realistic .

Last edited by a moderator:
Just made a few trades in two different leagues.

First one is FFPC:

Gave: Jalen Richard, Andy Dalton, 3.8, 2018#2

Got: Tom Brady, Willie Snead

Reason: for me I don't value QB very high in FFPC but this league I've struck out on it, have basically struggled with consistent QB play in this league since RG3's rookie season. Yea. Also my WR's are not special or anything, I'd consider Snead my new #4.

This next one I expect to get some some critical replies on, and that's ok. It's FFPC rules for most part but private league and really only difference is no K, and unlike FFPC  you don't have to carry a D or QB at cuts so add it all up and you can keep a few more players, though it's technically 16 players like FFPC.

Gave: Michael Thomas, 2.9, 6.9, 7.9

Got: 1.4, 1.12, 2.4(found out a few minutes ago the site had the picks wrong. I had actually done this deal for 1.11 not the 1.12, I'm pretty sure I could out of the trade if I wanted but still good with it)

Reason: I will take BPA in the draft but my team is strongest at WR and weakest at RB. I would classify Dion Lewis as the #2. All leagues are different, I'm in some that eat up WR's. This league does not value the WR like most, for example I got Michael Thomas at pick 1.12 last year. This league eats up RB's old school like and TE's probably next. It's a big risk, I got nothing negative to say about Michael Thomas, like him a great deal, but thought this made sense for my team. And other than just position I think I can add value to my team, it's a RB and TE rich draft in a league that really loves RB's and TE's.

Got: 1.4, 1.12, 2.4(found out a few minutes ago the site had the picks wrong. I had actually done this deal for 1.11 not the 1.12, I'm pretty sure I could out of the trade if I wanted but still good with it)

Reason: I will take BPA in the draft but my team is strongest at WR and weakest at RB. I would classify Dion Lewis as the #2. All leagues are different, I'm in some that eat up WR's. This league does not value the WR like most, for example I got Michael Thomas at pick 1.12 last year. This league eats up RB's old school like and TE's probably next. It's a big risk, I got nothing negative to say about Michael Thomas, like him a great deal, but thought this made sense for my team. And other than just position I think I can add value to my team, it's a RB and TE rich draft in a league that really loves RB's and TE's.
I'd take Thomas but it's probably fair, and it's hard to comment too much without actually being in the league to really understand the RB/WR value disparity there.

In one of my PPR leagues Thomas was just traded for 1.7, 1.9, Tyler Lockett, and Devin Funchess.  I'd probably prefer 1.4+1.12 to 1.7+1.9 and the other guys are as much a hail marry as the 2.4.

I'd take Thomas but it's probably fair, and it's hard to comment too much without actually being in the league to really understand the RB/WR value disparity there.

In one of my PPR leagues Thomas was just traded for 1.7, 1.9, Tyler Lockett, and Devin Funchess.  I'd probably prefer 1.4+1.12 to 1.7+1.9 and the other guys are as much a hail marry as the 2.4.
I know you are probably Jordan Howards biggest supporter here and I like him a lot as well. I gave him and 2.1 up in another league a few weeks ago for Michael Thomas. I would do that trade over today without hesitation. Again I got nothing bad to say about Thomas, I like him a lot. That team of mine that got Thomas was super think and weak at WR however so a very easy call.

So for sure team makeup and even sometimes the league makeup can impact these decisions.

First one is FFPC:

Reason: for me I don't value QB very high in FFPC but this league I've struck out on it, have basically struggled with consistent QB play in this league since RG3's rookie season. Yea. Also my WR's are not special or anything, I'd consider Snead my new #4.

This next one I expect to get some some critical replies on, and that's ok. It's FFPC rules for most part but private league and really only difference is no K, and unlike FFPC  you don't have to carry a D or QB at cuts so add it all up and you can keep a few more players, though it's technically 16 players like FFPC.

I like both deals for you

12 team PPR

Team A gets Devante Adams, Derrick Henry and pick 2.2

Team B gets J Matthews, Devante Parker pick 1.9
I would probably take both players on A over both on B. The picks aren't nearly close enough to make up the difference.

Zealots NON-PPR 

Team A will give

Higbee, Tyler LAR TE

Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.09

Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.09

Team B will give

Eifert, Tyler CIN TE

Mosley, C.J. BAL LB

First one is FFPC:

Fine with the Brady deal.

Do not like the Thomas deal though.

FFPC, TE Premium

Team A gave Brandin Cooks (core is now Stafford, MGordon, Howard, Freeman, Julio, Adams, THill, Fuller, Gronk)

Team B gave Davante Adams, 2018 1st (core is now Dalton, CJA/Booker, Gio, Prosise, Cooks, Crabtree, Tate, Rudolph, Graham)

JPeso said:
FFPC, TE Premium

Team A gave Brandin Cooks (core is now Stafford, MGordon, Howard, Freeman, Julio, Adams, THill, Fuller, Gronk)

Team B gave Davante Adams, 2018 1st (core is now Dalton, CJA/Booker, Gio, Prosise, Cooks, Crabtree, Tate, Rudolph, Graham)
Cooks for me

JPeso said:
FFPC, TE Premium

Very nice deal for team A. Team B does not look like playoff team to me

Two Jarvis Landry trades happened in my FFPC leagues today.

1) J. Landry & Ty Montgomery

for

1.06, 2.02, 2018 2nd 

2) J. Landry, 2018 3rd

for

Davante Adams, Rishard Matthews, Dwayne Allen

Couple of FFPC recents....

AP for Tyrell Williams

A: K Dixon + 2.06 + 2018 4th

B: 1.11
I traded Williams for a 2018#1 from likely non-playoff team and saw him dealt in another FFPC league for a late 2017#1. Both of those returns blow away AP's current value. I'm not sold on Williams, but that's not enough to move him.

That last one is close. Basically boils down to gambling gambling on if Ravens add RB in draft, if not Dixon side wins potentially big. I got to put that one down as even right now, maybe slight edge to 1.11 side if clearing that roster spot was part of the  goal of trade.

Zealots NON-PPR IDP

Gave - Greg Olsen

Got - 2.07

Seems like it was the best I could get for a 32 y.o. TE in a NON-PPR setup. 
It seems we run our fantasy teams differently most of the time Andy.  For me, if I can only get a 2.07 pick I'll run with Olsen until he retires or breaks down and I cut him.  I can see making the deal though if your philosophy is to get something for an aging player before they are worth nothing.

Zealots Field - 1PPR

Traded the 2.09 pick for Julian Edelman.

Have 4 other very good to great WRs but, since we can start 5, this seemed like an easy choice to me.

Zealots NON-PPR IDP

Gave - Greg Olsen

Got - 2.07

Seems like it was the best I could get for a 32 y.o. TE in a NON-PPR setup. 
I'd take the pick. in non PPR Olsen I don't see Olsen being that good. Even in PPR if you look at his stats most of them came in the beginning of the year before his bye, after that he had 1-2 weeks where he actually had a okay line

To be honest I like 2.7 this year and understand the move but it's still a bit low because at this time of year everyone feels like they have a good tight end. Halfway through the season if Olsen distances himself a bit he'll be worth more than a random future second, so you're doing this for the current value of 2.7 vs the value of what you'd get later when someone like Zach ertz disappoints the guy who was counting on him, and your giving up a partial season of owning a stud tight end to get rid of the uncertainty that you'll find a trade partner during the season.  If you've got another top starter then it's a good deal. If not I might have waited for a little more. 

It seems we run our fantasy teams differently most of the time Andy.  For me, if I can only get a 2.07 pick I'll run with Olsen until he retires or breaks down and I cut him.  I can see making the deal though if your philosophy is to get something for an aging player before they are worth nothing.
You probably win more than I do too. :lol:

You should really say that in the post. 

I was just ####### with you because you are obviously so sick of people assuming ppr that you posted it twice in all caps and didn't even mention team size or lineups.  
Well, I did caps for the PPR part and then went back to the NON part and caps were still on and then it got saved as NON-PPR in my phone so...I just roll with it now.

And I guess I assumed incorrectly that most people have some idea of Zealots rosters.

Andy Dufresne said:
You probably win more than I do too. :lol:
Well, I did win two titles last year and got upset in the semi finals in my 3rd zealots league last year.  I guess I don't go into rebuild mode often.

I was being serious.

The team I let Olsen go from limped into the playoffs but was a pretty easy out. It's not a very good team so milking the remainder of Olsen's career doesn't do a lot of good.

But that's a fair point isn't it? State of the team matters as to whether you should move a guy or not.

Users who are viewing this thread