What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (9 Viewers)

After Davis and CMC went, I was looking at Fournette - with no real need at RB - and ended up dealing:

2019 4th

---for---

2018 1st

2019 1st

2018 2nd

-------------

2018's draft is loaded (again) and trade partner's team is likely to be in the bottom half of the standings.  Mild risk I suppose and could be giving up a generational player, but went ahead and did it.  And after all that, the guy ended up taking Mixon :lol:  
I can see your reasoning, and it's well-stated, but I still think I make the 1.03 pick in your situation.  Too many times I have see future picks initially look like semi-locks to be high end up being bottom of the barrel 1st rounders.

Of course, I don't know where you are in regard to being a contender or a rebuilder.  That could have a huge bearing on things too.

This probably won't help anyone but...

PPR Zealots league

Gave: 2018 2nd & 3rd

Got: 2017 2.05 - For the purpose of drafting David Njoku 

This probably won't help anyone but...

PPR Zealots league

Gave: 2018 2nd & 3rd

Got: 2017 2.05 - For the purpose of drafting David Njoku 

It seems a clear "I'm targeting a player and moved assets to get him" situation.  I'm all for it.  Whether it works is a different matter but I like the aggressive move.
Yep and cheap.  Most of my leagues would require a future 1st, which for Njoku is well worth it if it's expected late.

16 team, non-IDP, PPR

TEAM A will giveMatthews, Jordan PHI WRYear 2017 Draft Pick 2.05Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.11

To TEAM B forYear 2017 Draft Pick 1.07

I can see your reasoning, and it's well-stated, but I still think I make the 1.03 pick in your situation.  Too many times I have see future picks initially look like semi-locks to be high end up being bottom of the barrel 1st rounders.

Of course, I don't know where you are in regard to being a contender or a rebuilder.  That could have a huge bearing on things too.
We've also seen plenty of sure fire RB's go bust too, but I agree this is all about the % of early pick factor.  Getting two cracks at a top 3 pick, with the other cherries that had thrown in, would be awful tempting.

32 team IDP Dynasty (Salary Cap)

Team A : Received 1.01 and 4.01

Team B:  Received 1.09, 2.23, Marvin Jones($12.2M), Cordarelle Patterson($1.8M)

Wait what?  Are you saying Jones' contract is a dump?  In addition to TURRIBEL value for the 1.01, B took on a bad salary to boot?
Not saying it was a 'pure' dump (I'm Team A), but it sure was nice to unload a bad contract(2yrs remaining) on a serious under performer from the previous year.  In addition to the 1.01; the salary I recouped has me :excited:

10 team non PPR with IDPs (start 1 qb, 1 rb, 2 wr, 1 te, 3 flex, 1 k, 2 dls, 2 lbs, 2 dbs)

A gives - Melvin Gordon and Sean Lee

B gives - Watkins, Kuechly, and the #8 rookie pick

Maggot Brain said:

Do people even post all the trades they see or just the awful ones?

PPR

Gave:

Michael Thomas

Got:

Zeke

Thomas was my WR5 (OBJ/Antonio/AJG/Dez) and have Doctson/Perriman as pieces I see increasing in value and contribution this year. My RBs were sub par (Crowell/Latavius/Charles). 

ETA: Owner took Perine with the 1.10. 

Last edited by a moderator:
PPR

Gave:

Michael Thomas

Got:

Zeke

Thomas was my WR5 (OBJ/Antonio/AJG/Dez) and have Doctson/Perriman as pieces I see increasing in value and contribution this year. My RBs were sub par (Crowell/Latavius/Charles). 

At the point of a gun?

At the point of a gun?
All depends on how you feel about Thomas. Most all have him as a top 10 Dynasty WR, which would put him as a Top 20 overall asset. If you are a believer, which this owner obviously is (as am I), he has the upside to enter the Top 10. I obviously prefer my side, but as it stands it wasn't as far off as you may think in terms of value. 

All depends on how you feel about Thomas. Most all have him as a top 10 Dynasty WR, which would put him as a Top 20 overall asset. If you are a believer, which this owner obviously is (as am I), he has the upside to enter the Top 10. I obviously prefer my side, but as it stands it wasn't as far off as you may think in terms of value. 
That's true but when you're switching out Zeke for Thomas you have to be sure that the rest of the roster moves can make up for what you think the difference between the two will be. In this instance, I find that to be a dicey proposition.

You won this by a mile, even ignoring your roster.  We're comparing a low-end WR1 to one of the very few difference makers in the hobby.  Clone the picks and it's still Zeke. 

You won this by a mile, even ignoring your roster.  We're comparing a low-end WR1 to one of the very few difference makers in the hobby.  Clone the picks and it's still Zeke. 
I agree that the Zeke side definitely won but for what it's worth in startup ADP right now Thomas is sitting at 1.10 (Zeke 1.04) so the gulf isn't as massive as is being characterized.

I agree that the Zeke side definitely won but for what it's worth in startup ADP right now Thomas is sitting at 1.10 (Zeke 1.04) so the gulf isn't as massive as is being characterized.
Zeke and OBJ are on a tier of their own, IMO.  Thomas around 12 makes sense, but only because of the big drop off after 8.  Trading up through those 2 or 3 tiers should be very expensive. According to the startup trade chart, 1.01 > 1.12+2.1.  

PPR

Gave:

Michael Thomas

Got:

Zeke

Love Thomas but you sold assuming he's a top 6 overall pick (could be but very little downside). Great trade. 

Maggot Brain said:

Turrible

I gave the 1.14, a few scrubs and a 2018 3rd for the 1.11 (not on the clock but the 11 on my mock list for that league does a lot more for me than the 14.) Probably an overpay but I can afford it to get a guy I like.

Zealots Field league; non-PPR; start 1QB/1-3RB/3-5WR/1-2TE/3DL/3LB/3DB

Traded:

Randall Cobb/1.06/2.10

Received:

My reasoning is that I really needed a top 3 RB in this draft.  Getting who I feel is the best for non-PPR was the icing on the cake.  (I had offers to the top 3 teams in the draft so I would try to be sure to get one of the top 3 RBs.)

At WR, I still have Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and lesser others.

My RB corps is weak.

Yes, I gave up some assets but feel I did well in this.

Traded:

Randall Cobb/1.06/2.10

Received:

My reasoning is that I really needed a top 3 RB in this draft.  Getting who I feel is the best for non-PPR was the icing on the cake.  (I had offers to the top 3 teams in the draft so I would try to be sure to get one of the top 3 RBs.)

At WR, I still have Dez Bryant, AJ Green, DeAndre Hopkins, Julio Jones and lesser others.

My RB corps is weak.

I'd rather have the 1.01. Packers WRs do well overall but are hard to predict from week to week. If I got a deal like that for Adams I'd likely take it.

Plus you have mad WR depth.

I gave the 1.14, a few scrubs and a 2018 3rd for the 1.11 (not on the clock but the 11 on my mock list for that league does a lot more for me than the 14.) Probably an overpay but I can afford it to get a guy I like.
Depending on the definition of scubs, that's not an overpay at all.  A future 3rd to jump a tier this early in the draft is a no-brainer.  Interesting spot for a tier-break though, I assume it's not IDP?  Or have there been some whack picks pushing guys down to you?

Traded:

Randall Cobb/1.06/2.10

Received:

My RB corps is weak.

1.1 by a mile. Super cheap. 

There's definitely a drop off at 5 so that's a small price to pay.
I offered 1.07 and 3.03 to the guys picking at 5th and 6th and both said the tier drop off was to much. I take this as meaning that they wouldn't have taken a Ross/Howard/Hunt/Kamara there. So, I didn't think there wasn't much chance of a top 6 player slipping to me. 

Users who are viewing this thread