What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (17 Viewers)

Do 4 quarters make a dollar?  10 teamer - qb, rb, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, idps....

A gets David Johnson

B gets Ingram, C Hyde, J Landry, a 2018 first (likely early), a 2019 first (who knows, but generally a weaker team's pick)

Do 4 quarters make a dollar?  10 teamer - qb, rb, wr, wr, flex, flex, te, k, idps....

A gets David Johnson

B gets Ingram, C Hyde, J Landry, a 2018 first (likely early), a 2019 first (who knows, but generally a weaker team's pick)
Technically yes, but I'd take Johnson.

Just wrapping up our rookie draft - here are some trades that went down.  The third one is the one I'd like to hear feedback on.  Not involved in these.

• 55 House of Pain gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.08;Year 2017 Draft Pick 4.08
  • Fat Axl gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.08

This next one was made with 1.05 on the clock - IFM wanted to get Cook and Williams.  Drafted Williams with 1.05, cook went 1.06

With Cook gone, he moved down again

• I Fellate Myself gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.07
  • Fat Axl gave up Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB; Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.11
and again..

• I Fellate Myself gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.04
  • Fighting Cotons gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.12;Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.01
he took Curtis Samuel at 1.12, then moved 2.01 for...  

• The Great #### gave up Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from The Great ####;Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from 55 House of Pain
  • I Fellate Myself gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.01
and called it a day after this blockbuster...

• I Fellate Myself gave up Hogan, Chris NEP WR
  • Rainbows and Unicorns gave up Year 2018 Round 4 Draft Pick from Rainbows and Unicorns

12 team PPR (1.25 for TE)

Picks 2,5,7,10 and a 2018 2nd

for

Leveon Bell, Demarco Murray, and a 2019 1st (could be anywhere but best guess is in the 4-7 range with upside if he bombs on some of those picks)
A little light for Bell. Seems like people really forget that rookies bust at a rate of 50% (its actually higher than that IMO) and even when they pan out, they don't typically put up top 2 RB seasons like Zeke did in year 1. The outlier isn't what Oz posted, that's the most likely scenario where you end up with 1 good to great player, 1 ok player and 2 outright busts. Ghost's example of Bell and next year's 2 (was that spent on Evans or Sankey?) was the true outlier (even Bell wasn't considered a true stud right out of the gate with his 3.5ypc, which coincidently allowed me to acquire him after his rookie season.)

IMO:

Murray =< 10 + 2nd (likely late it looks like)

2019 1st = 5 (highly unlikely most of those rook's put up big numbers right away, especially if it is Davis, McCaf, Howard and Engram as someone proposed)

Bell > 2 + 7

Other team shouldn't have given up its future first along with the players, worst thing you can do if rebuilding. Even great players are rarely fantasy forces their rookie seasons.

Having a hard time with this math.
Based on the original post: "(could be anywhere but best guess is in the 4-7 range with upside if he bombs on some of those picks)" Law of averages suggests he WILL bomb on probably 50% of those picks. And I am assuming that if the poster is projecting it there already that far out that the rest of that teams squad is weak.

If you like, change that to 2019 1st = 7, that leaves

Bell >= 2 & 5. A lot closer, but I'd still lean towards Bell.

Last edited by a moderator:
Based on the original post: "(could be anywhere but best guess is in the 4-7 range with upside if he bombs on some of those picks)" Law of averages suggests he WILL bomb on probably 50% of those picks. And I am assuming that if the poster is projecting it there already that far out that the rest of that teams squad is weak.

If you like, change that to 2019 1st = 7, that leaves

Bell >= 2 & 5. A lot closer, but I'd still lean towards Bell.
I don't agree with the 50% law of average bomb rate in this draft with those picks but not the issue I had.

I just don't see see current pick 5 in this draft is worth remotely as little as waiting two years for a random draft pick when this specific draft has extremely strong options at 5 and for that matter at 7.

This next one was made with 1.05 on the clock - IFM wanted to get Cook and Williams.  Drafted Williams with 1.05, cook went 1.06

Thomas on his own is worth those two picks, so getting Abdullah for free. Abdullah is worth mid 2nd IMO, but some teams will be giving up on him while he has some + news. 1.7 is kind of a garbage pick this year, not much different from 2.10. I would have taken Cook first and hoped 1.6 got spooked by the back injury news. He did the right thing by trading down, but I don't like what he did by moving it to 2018 2nds or taking Samuel early.

Interesting.  I should have mentioned it's a non-PPR league.  You kinda caught me off guard by calling that side the "Landry side" because of that - I'd call it the Hyde/Ingram side, but anyway.....
Non PPR would probably change it for me but still a solid return in my opinion

12 team PPR league, start 1 QB

Team A gave Bortles and 2018 2nd round pick (pick 2.10 this year)

Team B gave 2017 pick 3.4 and 2018 2nd round pick (pick 2.4 this year)

I like the pair of picks side, primarily because of this year's draft. Next year's swap is basically a roll of the dice to which team's draft slot is better or worse. (Sort of like for better or worse.)

How is god's name is pick 5 this year worth that 2019 1st?  Even if I knew that 2019 1st would be the #1 I would take pick 5 this year, and I am generally one of the bigger "I don't devalue future picks" arguers.  This is a very good draft class through pick 5.  The top 5 picks in this draft could easily be the #1 in other years.  Heck, even the rookie drafts so far this year are in all different orders cause there are a lot of good players. 

Just wrapping up our rookie draft - here are some trades that went down.  The third one is the one I'd like to hear feedback on.  Not involved in these.

• 55 House of Pain gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.08;Year 2017 Draft Pick 4.08
  • Fat Axl gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.08

With Cook gone, he moved down again

• I Fellate Myself gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.07
  • Fat Axl gave up Lynch, Marshawn OAK RB; Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.11
and again..

• I Fellate Myself gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.11;Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.04
  • Fighting Cotons gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 1.12;Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.01
he took Curtis Samuel at 1.12, then moved 2.01 for...  

• The Great #### gave up Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from The Great ####;Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick from 55 House of Pain
  • I Fellate Myself gave up Year 2017 Draft Pick 2.01
and called it a day after this blockbuster...

• I Fellate Myself gave up Hogan, Chris NEP WR
  • Rainbows and Unicorns gave up Year 2018 Round 4 Draft Pick from Rainbows and Unicorns
I think I see the problem.  Far riskier leaving Cook on the board than Williams, although it's unlikely he'd be there either.  He should have attempted to swap 1.07 for 1.06 before picking (Cook).

Don't like the end result.  Lynch wasn't enough for 1.07 -> 1.11 and getting two 2nd's for 2.01 is poor return as well.  Samuel feels early at 1.12 but that's personal preference and if it had been Zones or JJSS I'd be ok with that.

Team A gave Michael Thomas, Ameer Abdullah, Chris Hogan
Team A got Mike Williams, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Samuel, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2018 4th.

Yuck.

A little light for Bell. Seems like people really forget that rookies bust at a rate of 50% (its actually higher than that IMO) and even when they pan out, they don't typically put up top 2 RB seasons like Zeke did in year 1. The outlier isn't what Oz posted, that's the most likely scenario where you end up with 1 good to great player, 1 ok player and 2 outright busts. Ghost's example of Bell and next year's 2 (was that spent on Evans or Sankey?) was the true outlier (even Bell wasn't considered a true stud right out of the gate with his 3.5ypc, which coincidently allowed me to acquire him after his rookie season.)

IMO:

Murray =< 10 + 2nd (likely late it looks like)

2019 1st = 5 (highly unlikely most of those rook's put up big numbers right away, especially if it is Davis, McCaf, Howard and Engram as someone proposed)

Bell > 2 + 7

Other team shouldn't have given up its future first along with the players, worst thing you can do if rebuilding. Even great players are rarely fantasy forces their rookie seasons.
wut

no

I wouldn't take a 2019 1st for 1.16.  Waiting two years for a pick that might not even be earlier?  That's horrible return.  You're talking about Dalvin Cook now to wait two years and get what could be 1.12?  That's nutty.

I think it's good return for Bell.  I traded him earlier for 1.03, 1.07, and 2018 1st and I'd do it again.  Awful orphan team, full rebuild, and contract issues retaining Bell helped, but I have to assume this guy giving up Bell is going full rebuild too.  Bell carries a lot of future risk with the lack of long term commitment from PIT, his status in the drug program, and his injury history.  He's very easy to bail out on if you are two years from legit contention.  Same with Murray.  I have leagues where I'd take either side of this trade and not think twice.  If I'm contending I'd happily give all those picks for the now power in that trade and if I'm stripping it down to the primer I'd take those picks for the guys that are currently at the highest value they'll ever see again.

I wouldn't take a 2019 1st for 1.16. 
:porked:

Maybe not from a stacked team, but from a team rebuilding you wouldnt want a future 1st for a pick this year that probably wouldnt even be able to help you till 2019 anyway even if you did happen to draft a good player?

Pick 16 for a 2019 1st from a current rebuilding team is about the biggest dynasty no brainer there is.

wut

no

I wouldn't take a 2019 1st for 1.16.  Waiting two years for a pick that might not even be earlier?  That's horrible return.  You're talking about Dalvin Cook now to wait two years and get what could be 1.12?  That's nutty.

I think it's good return for Bell.  I traded him earlier for 1.02 and 1.07 straight up and I'd do it again.  Awful orphan team, full rebuild, and contract issues retaining Bell helped, but I have to assume this guy giving up Bell is going full rebuild too.  Bell carries a lot of future risk with the lack of long term commitment from PIT, his status in the drug program, and his injury history.  He's very easy to bail out on if you are two years from legit contention.  Same with Murray.  I have leagues where I'd take either side of this trade and not think twice.  If I'm contending I'd happily give all those picks for the now power in that trade and if I'm stripping it down to the primer I'd take those picks for the guys that are currently at the highest value they'll ever see again.
You traded Bell for 1.02 and 1.07? OK, THAT's low for Bell. 

:porked:

Maybe not from a stacked team, but from a team rebuilding you wouldnt want a future 1st for a pick this year that probably wouldnt even be able to help you till 2019 anyway even if you did happen to draft a good player?

Pick 16 for a 2019 1st from a current rebuilding team is about the biggest dynasty no brainer there is.
Well all my 16 man leagues are IDP so that puts a bit more value on 1.16.

But under normal circumstances no - it would have to be an extreme situation.   2 years is a long time.  I have turned multiple teams around from garbage to playoffs in 2 years and have seen it done by others often enough not to bank on it.  And adding 1.16 this year for free only helps that cause thus making 2019 later.  I'd rather take my shot at Perine or Zones or Hunt.  They will all go for more than a 2019 1st as long as they don't Treadwell it up.  

Last year would have been much more likely, that's a different draft.

1.16 for a 2018 1st would also be much more likely, I'd have to see the full roster, but still not anywhere near 1.05 in any event.

matttyl said:

A gets David Johnson

Depends on the league and my team. If my team is void of talent except for Johnson I make this move and start flipping the players for picks. No reason why you can't get a couple of seconds or a late 1st for Ingram or Hyde especially during the season if they are performing, and you should be able to get a 1st for Landry. So this trade could be 3 1st's and 3 2nd's or 5 1st's isn't a bad price. The league would also have to be very active.

Hankmoody said:
I think I see the problem.  Far riskier leaving Cook on the board than Williams, although it's unlikely he'd be there either.  He should have attempted to swap 1.07 for 1.06 before picking (Cook).

Don't like the end result.  Lynch wasn't enough for 1.07 -> 1.11 and getting two 2nd's for 2.01 is poor return as well.  Samuel feels early at 1.12 but that's personal preference and if it had been Zones or JJSS I'd be ok with that.

Team A gave Michael Thomas, Ameer Abdullah, Chris Hogan
Team A got Mike Williams, Marshawn Lynch, Chris Samuel, 2018 2nd, 2018 2nd, 2018 4th.

Yuck.
Well he's at it again, but this one was a big win.  If he didn't give Thomas away he'd be the favorite.

55 house of pain gave up David Johnson IFM gave up tevin Coleman, a 2018 1st and three 2018 2nds

12 team PPR, start QRRWWTKDFF

Holding 1.3, 2.10, and 3.4 when rookie draft opened tonight. Wanted any of the top 4 RBs in the first. Did not want WR due to roster makeup and league parameters. 

1.1 Fournette
1.2 McCaffrey

Traded 1.3 for 1.4 and 2.6.

1.3 Davis

Tried to trade back to 1.5 but couldn't get it done.

1.4 Mixon

Well he's at it again, but this one was a big win.  If he didn't give Thomas away he'd be the favorite.

55 house of pain gave up David Johnson IFM gave up tevin Coleman, a 2018 1st and three 2018 2nds
Even if that pick was guaranteed to be #1 overall that is still an awful trade.  Just terrible 

This occurred in my FFPC league:

Team A-Michael Thomas, Ebron, 2018 third, 15.09

Team B-Larry Fitzgerald, Bennett, Edelman, 14.07

12 team, start 1/2/3/1, 0.5PPR

I give: Charles, 2018 5th (should be late), $25 FAAB (out of a $1,000 budget)

I get: 3.03 + 2018 4th (who knows)

I give: 2.04 + 3.03 + 2018 4th (should be late)

I get: 2.02

Charles might have something left, but I just wanted to get out while I could.  4th and 5th rounders aren't terribly valuable in this league, FWIW.

On the 2nd trade, it was simply getting a better draft slot.  Plus I have three 1st and don't have the roster room for that many picks.

This occurred in my FFPC league:

Team A-Michael Thomas, Ebron, 2018 third, 15.09

Team B-Larry Fitzgerald, Bennett, Edelman, 14.07

After complaints to the commissioner, it has been reversed. 
Good because every single player is better compared to their counter part for team A.  Thomas and picks are worth more than Fitz and Edelman and Enron easily worth a lot more than Bennett especially in FFPC.  

12 team, start 1/2/3/1, 0.5PPR

I give: Charles, 2018 5th (should be late), $25 FAAB (out of a $1,000 budget)

I get: 3.03 + 2018 4th (who knows)

I give: 2.04 + 3.03 + 2018 4th (should be late)

I get: 2.02

Charles might have something left, but I just wanted to get out while I could.  4th and 5th rounders aren't terribly valuable in this league, FWIW.

On the 2nd trade, it was simply getting a better draft slot.  Plus I have three 1st and don't have the roster room for that many picks.
Wow - $25 out of $1000 budget...might swing balance of power in league!!!

After complaints to the commissioner, it has been reversed. 
The trade is terrible, but I don't think I've ever seen a commish reverse a trade in any of my leagues, nor would I want them to.  I used to be in leagues (long ago) where members had to vote to approve trades.  Of course, some people vetoed every trade and the leagues sucked because of it.  I just don't believe trades should be reversed because some (or even all) think they are unfair. 

Exit on Hilton?  It's not like he's Fitz or B. Marshall.  He's 27 to be 28 during season and finished as #5 WR last year and being drafted early in 2nd round of dynasty startups.  Not a bad return but I'll take Hilton.
Poor choice of wording, would return have made you feel better?

Start 1QB league, $500 salary cap:

Team A receives: Tom Brady $41

Team B receives: Marcus Mariota $32
Are there contract years involved?  I think Brady is more valuable in a small league but where I own Mariota I wouldn't trade him for Brady despite being one of the top contenders. Yes, that's illogical. But MM is one of my favorite players. 

Users who are viewing this thread