What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (15 Viewers)

I do agree but should have added that Eifert is a key part of this deal as well.  I think its roster dependent here but in a vacuum, would probably take DT/Eifert
I think Eifert is one of the most overrated players in Fantasy Football.  He's had exactly 1 season where he finished as a top-24 TE (the year he also had an unsustainable 13 TDs).  He's played a total of 22 games over the last 3 years and he's coming off back surgery in December.  Plus he has Gronk and Hooper at TE.  DT as stated is getting older and has inconsistent QBs - it might be time to get what you can for him before he really loses value.

Meanwhile, I think Jordan Howard is extremely underrated.  He had over 1600 total yards last year despite not starting until week 4, is only 23 years old and has no threats on the roster.  The offense will run through him.  You should also be able to get a nice player this year at 2.04. 

Last edited by a moderator:
12 Team ppr QB / 2RB / 3WR / TE / FL

Team A trades:

Julio Jones WR | ATL
Marquess Wilson WR | CHI
Coby Fleener TE | NO
Brandon LaFell WR | CIN

Team B trades:

C.J. Prosise RB | SEA
Terrelle Pryor WR | WAS
Delanie Walker TE | TEN
Jeremy Maclin WR | KC
Draft Pick Rd: 2, Overall Pick: 21
Draft Pick Rd: 1, Overall Pick: 9
Julio

12 Team PPR with devy players; start QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, Def

Team A got: Kevin White, WR, CHI

Team B got: Breshad Perriman, WR, BAL and 2018 2nd Round pick (late as team won it all last year and with devys gone, pick is usually more like a 3rd rounder)  

Team B got: Breshad Perriman, WR, BAL and 2018 2nd Round pick (late as team won it all last year and with devys gone, pick is usually more like a 3rd rounder)  
I like both players but will go White

I don't like either player but have a better feeling for Perriman

Gotta wonder, with Maclin gone in KC, if Hill (now the presumptive WR1) will be doing less returns this year and going forward?
Probably, but should be more than offset by the added work from scrimmage.  975 return yards = 390 rush/receiving yards, not to mention PPR.  It's all about the Big Raspberry though - if they don't get him the ball like they have indicated they will, he could see a huge dropoff.

I think Eifert is one of the most overrated players in Fantasy Football.  He's had exactly 1 season where he finished as a top-24 TE (the year he also had an unsustainable 13 TDs).  He's played a total of 22 games over the last 3 years and he's coming off back surgery in December.  Plus he has Gronk and Hooper at TE.  DT as stated is getting older and has inconsistent QBs - it might be time to get what you can for him before he really loses value.

Meanwhile, I think Jordan Howard is extremely underrated.  He had over 1600 total yards last year despite not starting until week 4, is only 23 years old and has no threats on the roster.  The offense will run through him.  You should also be able to get a nice player this year at 2.04. 
I disagree about Eifert (I would have agreed with you a month or so ago but his supporters made some really compelling arguments in one of the threads around here) but I strongly agree about Howard.  I would take Howard in a landslide even without the extra pick.

12-team IDP 0.5 PPR with KR/PR yards Dynasty League - made a few splashes in the trades during the first 2 rounds of my rookie draft

Trade 1
Team 1 (me) traded away: Randall Cobb, Cameron Brate, 2017 2.10 Pick

Team 2: 2.01 Pick - became Semaje Perine

Trade 2
Team 1 (me) traded away: 2017 1.10 Pick - became Njoku

Team 3: Isaiah Crowell

Trade 3
Team 1 (me) traded away: Cameron Meredith, Oliver Vernon, Avery Williamson, 2017 4.10 Pick, 2018 2nd Round Pick

Team 4: 2017 1.11 Pick - became Deshaun Watson

I traded a lot of pieces, but for context my roster was:

QB - Rivers/Bradford/Siemian/Glennon (now Watson)
WR - Julio Jones/Dez Bryant/Larry Fitzgerald/Tyreek Hill/Quincy Enunwa/Will Fuller (traded away Randall Cobb and Cameron Meredith)
TE - Gronk/Kelce (traded away brate)

12-team IDP 0.5 PPR with KR/PR yards Dynasty League - made a few splashes in the trades during the first 2 rounds of my rookie draft

Trade 1
Team 1 (me) traded away: Randall Cobb, Cameron Brate, 2017 2.10 Pick

Team 2: 2.01 Pick - became Semaje Perine

Trade 2
Team 1 (me) traded away: 2017 1.10 Pick - became Njoku

Team 3: Isaiah Crowell

Trade 3
Team 1 (me) traded away: Cameron Meredith, Oliver Vernon, Avery Williamson, 2017 4.10 Pick, 2018 2nd Round Pick

Team 4: 2017 1.11 Pick - became Deshaun Watson

I traded a lot of pieces, but for context my roster was:

QB - Rivers/Bradford/Siemian/Glennon (now Watson)
WR - Julio Jones/Dez Bryant/Larry Fitzgerald/Tyreek Hill/Quincy Enunwa/Will Fuller (traded away Randall Cobb and Cameron Meredith)
TE - Gronk/Kelce (traded away brate)
Trade 1 - I'm not ready to give away Cobb as I think he was hurt last year - during the playoffs last year he went; 5 Rec 118 yards 3 TDs; 7 Rec 62 yards; 9 Rec 82 yards.  Cameron Brate was useful also though he loses value due drafting of OJ Howard.  Still, that's a lot to give up to move 9 spots especially since Perine has no value as a returner. 

Trade 2 - Slight win for you, especially short-term. 

Trade 3 - I don't play IDP but Cameron is a pretty good player and is slated to be the Bears WR1 this year and the round 2 pick is also of value.  Even assuming you won this trade, I don't know why you would use the pick on Watson unless it's a start 2 QB league.  If not, you lost big time based on the pick as much or more than the trade.   

Team A trades:

Julio Jones WR | ATL
Marquess Wilson WR | CHI
Coby Fleener TE | NO
Brandon LaFell WR | CIN

Team B trades:

C.J. Prosise RB | SEA
Terrelle Pryor WR | WAS
Delanie Walker TE | TEN
Jeremy Maclin WR | KC
Incredibly cheap for Julio, no studs coming back. 

Trade 1 - I'm not ready to give away Cobb as I think he was hurt last year - during the playoffs last year he went; 5 Rec 118 yards 3 TDs; 7 Rec 62 yards; 9 Rec 82 yards.  Cameron Brate was useful also though he loses value due drafting of OJ Howard.  Still, that's a lot to give up to move 9 spots especially since Perine has no value as a returner. 

Trade 2 - Slight win for you, especially short-term. 

Trade 3 - I don't play IDP but Cameron is a pretty good player and is slated to be the Bears WR1 this year and the round 2 pick is also of value.  Even assuming you won this trade, I don't know why you would use the pick on Watson unless it's a start 2 QB league.  If not, you lost big time based on the pick as much or more than the trade.   
Trade 1 - I felt like I had the luxury of trading away a player like Cobb, but you are right that maybe I could have gotten more for him.

Trade 2 - this move was done to fill my RB depth and starting RB 2 or 3 potentially

Trade 3 - I am kind of high on Watson and yes it was a reach at 1.10, but gave up players that are luxury to me like Cameron. Since I had the 1.11 and the 2.01 I knew i was going to land a RB and QB so I could have swapped 1.11 to get Perine and 2.01 for Watson.

You're absolutely right, my trades might not be equal, but I felt I had a surplus of assets to move things around.

Trade 1 - I felt like I had the luxury of trading away a player like Cobb, but you are right that maybe I could have gotten more for him.

Trade 2 - this move was done to fill my RB depth and starting RB 2 or 3 potentially

Trade 3 - I am kind of high on Watson and yes it was a reach at 1.10, but gave up players that are luxury to me like Cameron. Since I had the 1.11 and the 2.01 I knew i was going to land a RB and QB so I could have swapped 1.11 to get Perine and 2.01 for Watson.

You're absolutely right, my trades might not be equal, but I felt I had a surplus of assets to move things around.
I've picked up Watson 4 times anywhere from 24-34. Really no reason to use a premium pick on him. Just bleeding value. Trade that pick to get Mariota, Winston, Wilson.

10 team non-ppr start qb, 2rb, 3wr, rb/wr, te, d, k

Allen Robinson, Ameer Abdullah

for

1.1 (will take Fournette), Kenneth Dixon
1.01 easy

12 Team PPR, 6 per Pass TD

CJA, Cousins, 4.6

Martavis, Cupp, 3.9
Bryant and Kupp.  if superflex maybe Cousins. 

Team A trades:

Julio Jones WR | ATL
Marquess Wilson WR | CHI
Coby Fleener TE | NO
Brandon LaFell WR | CIN

Team B trades:

C.J. Prosise RB | SEA
Terrelle Pryor WR | WAS
Delanie Walker TE | TEN
Jeremy Maclin WR | KC
yikes.  Julio down at the schoolyard. 

I would take Doctson. I think based on owning Lance Moore 8 years ago I know what Snead is, and I'll take a chance on something better.
that's how I see it.  the trade looks like one side taking risk/reward, the other taking a safer bet.  Fair deal but generally I'll take the risk. 

12 Team PPR, Start 9; QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, D

Team A Got: Martavis Bryant, WR, PIT and Golden Tate, WR, DET

Team B got: Devante Parker, WR, MIA and Kenny Stills, WR, MIA

I've picked up Watson 4 times anywhere from 24-34. Really no reason to use a premium pick on him. Just bleeding value. Trade that pick to get Mariota, Winston, Wilson.
The 1.11 pick doesn't hold as strong value for the guys owning those QBs as those teams view them as their starting QB. To your point, I could have traded that pick for a QB, but don't think many teams would have nibbled.

12 team superflex ppr idp start 1-2 qb, 1-3 rb, 1-3 wr, 1-2 te, k, 2-3 db, 2-4 lb, 2-3 dl

Lockett, T. West

for

Perriman, E. Kendricks

FFPC

league 1

Team A gets Eddie Lacy and Adam Thielen

Team B gets Willie Snead and 2018 3rd

league 2

Team C gets Golden Tate and 2018 4th

Team D gets E Sanders, Jesse James and 2018 2nd

FFPC

league 1

Team A gets Eddie Lacy and Adam Thielen

Team B gets Willie Snead and 2018 3rd

league 2

Team C gets Golden Tate and 2018 4th

Team D gets E Sanders, Jesse James and 2018 2nd
Lacy and Thielen in 1st one, not real close

Tate in the 2nd one, closer

The 1.11 pick doesn't hold as strong value for the guys owning those QBs as those teams view them as their starting QB. To your point, I could have traded that pick for a QB, but don't think many teams would have nibbled.
Which is fine but my overall point was to just pick someone more aligned with the value of the 1.11, pick Watson later with a different pick or trade back to get some more assets and still get Watson at a later pick. Or don't get him during draft if you miss him and just get him post deaft if you like him that much. If you'd taken hunt or someone like that I guarantee you could flip him for Watson plus during or after draft. 

Which is fine but my overall point was to just pick someone more aligned with the value of the 1.11, pick Watson later with a different pick or trade back to get some more assets and still get Watson at a later pick. Or don't get him during draft if you miss him and just get him post deaft if you like him that much. If you'd taken hunt or someone like that I guarantee you could flip him for Watson plus during or after draft. 
This is a good clarification on what you actually meant and I agree with you.

Although the OP is also correct given your original statement.  Offering the 1.11 straight up for guys like Winston or Wilson results in quick reject from owners in most leagues.

opensourcebeer said:
This is a good clarification on what you actually meant and I agree with you.

Although the OP is also correct given your original statement.  Offering the 1.11 straight up for guys like Winston or Wilson results in quick reject from owners in most leagues.
My original statement was there's no reason to use a premium pick on Watson because it's bleeding value.

The follow up sentence was simply to say that if he cared so much about getting  a dynasty QB 1 he should trade the pick to get those guys. Didn't say anything about straight up or otherwise. Some leagues you can others maybe you have to add more.

12 Team PPR, Start 9; QB, 2-3 RB, 3-4 WR, 1-2 TE, D

Team A Got: Dez Bryant, WR, DAL

Team B got: Breshad Perriman, WR, BAL; C.J. Prosise, RB, SEA; Year 2018 Round 2 Draft Pick (Team B's pick returned - probably middle)

Users who are viewing this thread