What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

****OFFICIAL DYNASTY TRADES**** (10 Viewers)

I think you are pretty spot on with why most people are down on him. And listen when I took him that high in a startup I was anticipating 100 catch season, and I still think he's capable of that but I've adjusted my expectations. His actual points rank him higher because he does not miss many games but in PPG he was 27 his rookie season, and since that time had the one god awful season but finished the other 4 seasons as WR15, 17, 18 and 21 in PPG and more importantly in Dallas he's been at least a top 20 WR. That's what he is to me, a solid WR2 and it's possible the prime 2-3 years of his career are coming up.

But I hear people say things here like he has no value to me and that's were I'm puzzled meanwhile they go nuts over Lamb who was in the same offense and despite the attention that Amari drew he still performed less then Amari in total and per target. I of course would take Lamb over Amari as well due to age and fact his growth potential is higher from rookie going forward then Amari's, just saying you'd think Lamb was head and shoulders better and Amari, to quote Rex Ryan, was a turd.
Agreed...he still has very real value and as I stated before I think he will be much easier to own going forward because expectations will be realistic...in his first five seasons I think most of his owners expected his path to be a legit #1 and with his pedigree at Bama, his draft position, his overall talent and having a quality rookie year I think it was reasonable to think that...he's one of those guys that has gone from over-rated to under-rated and for some owners there is a negative feeling about him because he did not turn out as they had hoped.

The is not directed at you but more so the comments I hear people say about Cooper on these boards, the hate is mystifying to me. I simply don't get it. One terrible season but 1,000+ every other year and does so on solid target load but nothing huge. His career points per target is actually higher then say Hopkins. He may not be a league winner but all I know is I drafted Cooper at 1.11 of a startup the year he entered the league and I've got 6 solid seasons and he's still just going to be 27. IMO the most underrated player in fantasy due to how lightly he is regarded.

As for this trade I lean Cooper but to some degree depends where the pick lands. I do own Pittman on a few teams and I had a tier drop last year from 8 to 9 but Pittman was 9. I'm not feeling great about that ranking right now. He's flashed a little for sure  but more I read and study up on Reich I just think he likes to play a lot of situational football and not rely on any one player to much(though I think Taylor has forced his hand). His style seems to be to heavily use TE's and RB's in passing game and before even factoring in the QB issue I just worry about consistent volume. But if the pick has a chance to be high I'm ok with it because if Cooper has shown one major fault to me it's that he's more likely a solid WR2 then a league winners so putting yourself in that spot to get one is something I can get behind.
Fair as always. I just hate owning him. He puts up so many duds. It was worth the price just to be able to celebrate it. I agree he has been productive. And he is a solid WR2 and not a league winner. This team in particular is really stacked and I need to keep chasing the winners. I'm also probably in a position to draft 2-3 of the top WRs this year and maybe 2 of the top 4 RBs. This 1st I got for Cooper is going to be mid to late IMO. Dude's team is good not great but it will be in the mix. 

Piggybacking off what I've been saying before, I may have more flexibility now to move up to 1.01-1.03 or wherever I end up targeting. 1.05, 1.09, 2.01, 2.04 and two future 1sts and I should have some pretty strong swings for the fences that can yield one or two difference makers. 

I have to keep reminding myself just how rare 2020 was, though. This class was incredible. 

Agreed...he still has very real value and as I stated before I think he will be much easier to own going forward because expectations will be realistic...in his first five seasons I think most of his owners expected his path to be a legit #1 and with his pedigree at Bama, his draft position, his overall talent and having a quality rookie year I think it was reasonable to think that...he's one of those guys that has gone from over-rated to under-rated and for some owners there is a negative feeling about him because he did not turn out as they had hoped.
Yeah I think he can be an important part of a winning roster. I would consider buying him on other squads at the right price. But this one is one where I need to consolidate and get those league winner alphas.

For sure and something I totally forgot to add, and probably reason I went on that spiel about why are people so anti-Amari in the first place. I split a FFPC team with a friend of mine but he's just along for the ride, I run everything. Last offseason I traded Mike Evans for Amari and Diontae and he was po'ed when I told him. So when I say it's people on here dogging Amari it's more then that. When Amari had his late season slide his anger reached a point he started telling me when I do offseason cuts I should just flat chop Amari and he's begging for me to try and trade him. Which I have no problem doing but explained to him that people in dynasty just don't really like Amari so I'd rather just keep him.

For sure and something I totally forgot to add, and probably reason I went on that spiel about why are people so anti-Amari in the first place. I split a FFPC team with a friend of mine but he's just along for the ride, I run everything. Last offseason I traded Mike Evans for Amari and Diontae and he was po'ed when I told him. So when I say it's people on here dogging Amari it's more then that. When Amari had his late season slide his anger reached a point he started telling me when I do offseason cuts I should just flat chop Amari and he's begging for me to try and trade him. Which I have no problem doing but explained to him that people in dynasty just don't really like Amari so I'd rather just keep him.
I like that deal for you but man, that is a deal of three players that will draw some strong feelings in the fantasy community.

barackdhouse said:
I really thought I was going to get some other work done today but the offers are flying in and I have a couple more to report:

FFPC SF:
I gave Pittman, 2.05, 2022 2nd &3rd
I got Diggs

FFPC not mine:
Team A gave Ekeler, McKissic, 2.04
Team B gave McLaurin, Herbert

FFPC same one I swapped Zeke for Jacobs up above:
I gave 2022 1st, 2nd, 3rd
I got Claypool, Pittman, D Evans

Two other FFPC SF not involved:

McKissic for a future 4th and Jeffrey Wilson for a future 3rd
How many orphans did you buy? Jeez.

That 1st one though is going heavily un-noticed. Seems insanely light for Diggs. But if I'm wrong, I'll be posting in this thread soon with similar offers of me acquiring him. 

How many orphans did you buy? Jeez.

That 1st one though is going heavily un-noticed. Seems insanely light for Diggs. But if I'm wrong, I'll be posting in this thread soon with similar offers of me acquiring him. 
Yeah it just came in out of left field. The offers have been flying so heavy but maybe I should look and see if my trade partner was a new owner. I don't remember anymore. Maybe they want to do some other stuff.

Yeah I bought my limit on the orphans, but I think they were ridiculously underpriced at the auction site and I'm confident they can be winners. Most of them made the playoffs last year and simply lack current draft picks. I've been seeing $250 teams selling for $700 this month. $500 teams for $1200. I don't know what is more realistic, me buying a $250 orphan for around 50 bucks and winning with it, or buying a $250 orphan for $700 and losing. 2nd place doesn't even get you your money back in that scenario. Oh I guess it does if you get the $200 bonus for finishing as the 1 or 2 seed.

FFPC SF:

I gave 2022 4th
I got Hamler

Same league not involved:

A gave Kupp
B gave 2.03, 2.10, 3.09

Same league, me and team B above:

I gave Henderson
I got 3.08, 2022 3rd

The Diggs trade factored into my Henderson trade here as I needed to make room and I don't want him anymore anyway. But then Hamler came in for practically free. I can probably throw him in on something later. Or possibly keep him if I sell off one more piece. 

ETA Team A is the one that sent me Diggs and is not a new owner

Last edited by a moderator:
Team A there now has 2.03, 2.05, 2.09, 2.10, 3.06, 3.09, two future 2nds, two future 3rds, bunch of 4ths as well.

No current 1sts but he may be stretching my theory on how flexible draft picks are. How many of those 2nds and 3rds does it take to get to 1.10, as an example? Then add the future 1st and you're taking Chase at like 1.05 (in SF, maybe, IDK). Is that worth Diggs and Kupp and whatever the balance of the rest of it shakes out as?

Or maybe just take a ton of dart throws and see how many bullseyes you can get.

Been offering trades the last 2 weeks I think in FFPC, finally got one done. Either my leagues aren't paying attention yet, or none of my offers are worth responding.

I traded: D'Andre Swift, 1.08

I got: Kittle, 1.05

I view a tier jump from 8 to 5 and I'm not sold on Swift's situation long term. My biggest hole was TE so I got that figured out. Still have Taylor, Akers, Gibson, Sanders as my RB's

Been offering trades the last 2 weeks I think in FFPC, finally got one done. Either my leagues aren't paying attention yet, or none of my offers are worth responding.

I view a tier jump from 8 to 5 and I'm not sold on Swift's situation long term. My biggest hole was TE so I got that figured out. Still have Taylor, Akers, Gibson, Sanders as my RB's
Winning.  Kittle>>Swift

I bought an orphan and swung a few deals right away.

Past couple weeks I noticed about 8 teams not engaged at all.  

People are in too many leagues these days and need a break.  Covid?

Kittle>Swift by a fair amount. And you got the better pick too? Close to robbery. 

I wish I could get that deal for Kittle

Yeah I bought my limit on the orphans, but I think they were ridiculously underpriced at the auction site and I'm confident they can be winners. Most of them made the playoffs last year and simply lack current draft picks. I've been seeing $250 teams selling for $700 this month. $500 teams for $1200. I don't know what is more realistic, me buying a $250 orphan for around 50 bucks and winning with it, or buying a $250 orphan for $700 and losing. 2nd place doesn't even get you your money back in that scenario. Oh I guess it does if you get the $200 bonus for finishing as the 1 or 2 seed.
How does it work when you buy a team on dynastydepot, do you still have to pay 2021's entry fee?

IE if you buy a $250 team for $50 bucks does that cover your 2021 season, or do you still have to pay $250 for this year on top of that?  And do you have to pay the $125 deposit for 2022?

12 team ppr, Superflex Te premium 

Team A - kelce, miles sanders

Team B - 1.04, 2.03,gesicki

Team B is last season champion 

How does it work when you buy a team on dynastydepot, do you still have to pay 2021's entry fee?

IE if you buy a $250 team for $50 bucks does that cover your 2021 season, or do you still have to pay $250 for this year on top of that?  And do you have to pay the $125 deposit for 2022?

Btw it seems like we have a ton of FFPC players in here.  Any interest in later on in the offseason all jumping into the same FFPC startup league and having an FFPC league of mostly FBGs?  Would be fun to be in some leagues with some of you all.
I have only sold teams on DD so far but you can't sell a team without first renewing so that is taken care of beforehand. If you buy a $250 team for $50 the 2021 season is paid for but you have to pay the deposit which in this case is $100 and a 10% transaction fee on the sale price $5. The seller pays the same transaction fee and gets their deposit back from FFPC so in this case $45 and the $100 deposit. The seller could have just orphaned it for a net loss of $100 vs $95 so pretty meh on the selling side.

I would be up for a little FBG dynasty combat :boxing:  

The $50 (or whatever it may be) covers 2021. Fully. But you do have to pay a deposit for 2022. 

I got Swift on par with Kittle myself but with it certainly being possible we see a tier drop off from 8 to 5 and addressing a need with a surplus is all good work.

Btw it seems like we have a ton of FFPC players in here.  Any interest in later on in the offseason all jumping into the same FFPC startup league and having an FFPC league of mostly FBGs?  Would be fun to be in some leagues with some of you all.
Yeah I would. I tried to do a $350 FBG contest last year with a bunch of us and probably would have pulled it off but once COVID hit I abandoned bothering with it. There are a couple of us that have already spoken about doing a startup though. We can keep thinking about it.

Winning.  Kittle>>Swift

I bought an orphan and swung a few deals right away.

Past couple weeks I noticed about 8 teams not engaged at all.  

People are in too many leagues these days and need a break.  Covid?
Yes I wiped a bunch of leagues off my slate at the end of 2020 and bought a few orphans that I'm comfortable with, but COVID doesn't help. I'm in Oregon where things have been arguably locked down the most and for the longest, so yeah I have too much time on my hands. My son is more or less on autopilot by himself doing 2nd grade in his bedroom, where he doesn't need as much 1 on 1 as he did in September/October.

Anyway I have seen activity really pick up in my leagues in the last week or so. But it seems there are always deadbeats regardless of format or time of year.

I like your side for all the reasons you said, but I think even if someone is really pro-Swift this deal probably still makes sense.

Hard to know on the bolded, right? Sometimes the owners that I think are inactive will perk up the instant they see an asset they like. In that league we're in together, FWIW, I have "Zyphros from FBG forum - good guy I like a lot - probably too expensive for me most of the time". Doesn't mean a lot, just a point of reference. There are owners that are out of my ballpark on deals and I tend to shy away in the future. But I try to be realistic about it and acknowledge that it is just as likely that I am too cheap.

The seller could have just orphaned it for a net loss of $100 vs $95 so pretty meh on the selling side.

I would be up for a little FBG dynasty combat :boxing:  
Yeah man it's a little bizarre. Like you have to pay the full entry to be able to sell it. So you're agreeing to take a loss by setting the price so low, regardless of whether they pay the $5 fee thru DD or whether straight thru FFPC. I don't know what the deadline is for FFPC to fill all these orphans, but it seems like (previous owners) could wait just a little longer for guys like me to pay up. 

I'm telling you a couple of these teams I bought should probably be discounted but nothing remotely close to as low as I paid. 

It's light for Kelce OR Sanders.
Probably true. SF gives slight bump to 1.04 but still imbalanced. If Lawrence and whoever QB2 ends up being goes before 1.04, then you're looking at RB1 or WR1 there. Also a chance for the new 1.04 owner to get to 1.01 easier. It is a bad deal, though. 

Probably true. SF gives slight bump to 1.04 but still imbalanced. If Lawrence and whoever QB2 ends up being goes before 1.04, then you're looking at RB1 or WR1 there. Also a chance for the new 1.04 owner to get to 1.01 easier. It is a bad deal, though. 
Not a new owner.  Last season champ got the picks...

I like your side for all the reasons you said, but I think even if someone is really pro-Swift this deal probably still makes sense.

Hard to know on the bolded, right? Sometimes the owners that I think are inactive will perk up the instant they see an asset they like. In that league we're in together, FWIW, I have "Zyphros from FBG forum - good guy I like a lot - probably too expensive for me most of the time". Doesn't mean a lot, just a point of reference. There are owners that are out of my ballpark on deals and I tend to shy away in the future. But I try to be realistic about it and acknowledge that it is just as likely that I am too cheap.
How dare you!

That league we're in together though, our teams are almost polar opposites so it makes sense nothing would really work for us. We went different routes in the startup and we're playing to how we set it up. Those 2 styles just don't really cross paths, at least for now. 

I have notes on most of my league mates, mostly just the ones that have shown interest in a player, or that actually communicate in trade offers rather than just sending an offer. Not necessarily about their style or anything though. 

I'm totally kidding I don't find it disrespectful or anything since I have notes about owners as well. 

Or just form our own and not pay vig, I'm in 3 private leagues that broke off from FFPC players and the leagues are all on MFL and 5+ years old and never have issues. I've not done a startup in 5 years, I'd be interested either way except I'm super picky on the date range(which has been one of my issues doing a new startup) because I'll only do them if the drafts start from late May to mid July. Not strategic reason for this either I'm just not into baseball and by this time my rookie drafts are all over and that time period is super dead for me and I like filling it up with a startup.

Or just form our own and not pay vig, I'm in 3 private leagues that broke off from FFPC players and the leagues are all on MFL and 5+ years old and never have issues. I've not done a startup in 5 years, I'd be interested either way except I'm super picky on the date range(which has been one of my issues doing a new startup) because I'll only do them if the drafts start from late May to mid July. Not strategic reason for this either I'm just not into baseball and by this time my rookie drafts are all over and that time period is super dead for me and I like filling it up with a startup.
Yeah only problem spinning off to save the vig is then someone would have to commish it to fill openings that come up, especially if we have less than 12 FBGs and need the other spots filled.

Plus FFPC's website is pretty slick.

How dare you!

That league we're in together though, our teams are almost polar opposites so it makes sense nothing would really work for us. We went different routes in the startup and we're playing to how we set it up. Those 2 styles just don't really cross paths, at least for now. 

I have notes on most of my league mates, mostly just the ones that have shown interest in a player, or that actually communicate in trade offers rather than just sending an offer. Not necessarily about their style or anything though. 

I'm totally kidding I don't find it disrespectful or anything since I have notes about owners as well. 
Haha yeah we did go different routes and I think you're right. A lot of the time there just isn't a sweet spot there.

As far as activity goes, I think this week before the SB is perhaps a busy period. It's probably fair to expect it to drop off after this weekend.

FFPC SF:

I gave Golladay, 3.03
I got 2.03, Slayton, Perine, 2022 3rd

If it matters I offered Golladay for his 1.11 straight up the other day and he declined. I feel like this is even more value on my side, though. I don't have a ton of hope for Slayton but I think there is nowhere to go but up for the Giants assuming they get Barkley back healthy. And I'm just not into Golladay. I know he is probably about to go somewhere shiny in FA, but I think Slayton could still outperform him in 2021 and is obviously younger. Perine is a throw in and if I was willing to do Golladay for 1.11 then 2.03 plus all those other pieces seems like a win. Now I have 1.09, 2.03, 2.05, 2.09 and should be able to parlay that into some top WR/RB combos in this SF format.

How dare you!

I don't really keep much for notes. It's mostly for when certain things really stand out that I want to take note of. Usually it is that they are interested in a player or we have had some kind of chat in the past about deal(s) that might be relevant to remember. From another perspective I don't want to spam people that have already turned me down and aren't interested in some asset. I probably offer the same crap too much to people so I try to be aware. In your case I was joking about the price thing - only reason I made a note was because I thought you might like Juju and because I didn't want to forget that you're Zyphros. I think your strategy out of the startup is about to start paying off, though. You're in a strong position to leverage this draft into a perennial contender, IMO. 

Zealots Field (PPR with IDPs; 53-man rosters)

Traded:

OBJ, Joe Schobert, 2021 5.11 rookie pick

Received:

Keenan Allen, 2021 4.05

It's just that I figure OBJ is done as far as being a top-20 WR and I've now sold my shares of him.

Zealots Field (PPR with IDPs; 53-man rosters)

Traded:

OBJ, Joe Schobert, 2021 5.11 rookie pick

Received:

Keenan Allen, 2021 4.05

It's just that I figure OBJ is done as far as being a top-20 WR and I've now sold my shares of him.
To me and Dynasty Trade Calculator, it's very close, depends how you are at LB and exactly how done you think Beckham is.

To me and Dynasty Trade Calculator, it's very close, depends how you are at LB and exactly how done you think Beckham is.
Still have Blake Martinez, KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner at LB.  Really feel OBJ is in too much of a time-share with Landry and their great rushing attack to be much of a WR1.

Still have Blake Martinez, KJ Wright and Bobby Wagner at LB.  Really feel OBJ is in too much of a time-share with Landry and their great rushing attack to be much of a WR1.
Not bad. KJ is a free agent, though, right? Still, that's an adequate LB3. You had essentially three LB1s before. So you'd be stronger at LB with Schobert, but Allen really trumps OBJ right now in terms of production, IMO. So good work for your individual team.

FFPC cutdown motivated trade:

Gave: Dawson Knox, 2.8

Got: 2.3

Knox was a projected cut who I just picked up on the last waiver run of the season, I had picks 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10 and in hindsight probably should have offered 2.10 instead because based on reaction I think it would have been accepted, heck might have even got 3.8/Knox for 2.3 so probably did not maximize my trade but still glad to move up.

FFPC cutdown motivated trade:

Gave: Dawson Knox, 2.8

Got: 2.3

Knox was a projected cut who I just picked up on the last waiver run of the season, I had picks 2.8, 2.9 and 2.10 and in hindsight probably should have offered 2.10 instead because based on reaction I think it would have been accepted, heck might have even got 3.8/Knox for 2.3 so probably did not maximize my trade but still glad to move up.
I like it. Dawson's just a guy, though his role is growing as we could see in the latter stages of the year, especially the Miami game. If you were going to cut him, anyway, though, that's a good move.

Users who are viewing this thread