What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official *** FBG's Goal Line Blitz Discussion Thread (1 Viewer)

Now that we have a new source of revenue (thanks Larry!) I am going to look at renegotiating contracts again. Should have some new ones sent out tonight. After two games these contracts will be somewhat based on performance, but keeping in mind this is a FBG team I am going to be a little more generous to lower level players than I would if I were running the team with a cold heart.

so who's added $$ to this game?
It looks like nearly everyone.
how much cash does it take to level up?
depends on position. same number of flex points it takes to create (100,200, or 300). i think it's roughly $1 per 100 points w/ some discounts for bulk iirc.
what level are you at now
But you can only 'boost' 3 levels in a season. So even the most expensive players at 300 points, only cost $9 to boost those 3 levels.

Duff - I like having the Center on your team, but watching the games is pretty boring. (which I guess is a good thing for the center) :) I am interested in making another player..but not sure where we need the help. I will boost them to level 4... I was thinking WR, CB, DE, LB? I will take a look at our depth charts, but let me know what you prefer.
since you have an offensive player, I would suggest to make a defensive guy. I think we could use another LB because the computer is still getting a lot of plays there. we also have 3 human CB's, but somehow the computer is still getting a lot of plays at CB. makes me go :pickle:

Updated contracts out to everyone. With the signing bonus I gave you with your last contract this should bring everyone up to market value. Keep in mind, when we win the whole thing I'll be able to increase ticket prices next year and really start dishing out the cash!

:)

I send out new contracts to everyone (again) and they add in concessions so we have more revenue. I am going to use the extra revenue to buy more seats. We are sold out the rest of the year already.

Have not been paying attention to this thread much. But been playing around in the sim site. Got on a team that I have been learning a bit about things. I have a TE that should be released soon. Level 1 guy but if anyone wants to sign him as a starter his name is Charles Mason. My screen name is the same there as here.

I also have a team Manila Warlords. Just now trying to fill 'er up. If any of you guys got a player and want me to sign you- let me know. Send a PM here.

Updated contracts out to everyone. With the signing bonus I gave you with your last contract this should bring everyone up to market value. Keep in mind, when we win the whole thing I'll be able to increase ticket prices next year and really start dishing out the cash!
Contract accepted...

The Cage now has 9,000 sideline seats and 1,000 sideline club seats...

:yes:

I figured it out, if we get homefield thru the playoffs and get all 3 home games we could get, we'll make like 1.7 million off those 3 games... that's insane...

That's right, when you come play in the Cage, you will have 10,000 screaming fans in the stands...

Last edited by a moderator:
The Cage now has 9,000 sideline seats and 1,000 sideline club seats...:thumbup:I figured it out, if we get homefield thru the playoffs and get all 3 home games we could get, we'll make like 1.7 million off those 3 games... that's insane...That's right, when you come play in the Cage, you will have 10,000 screaming fans in the stands...
I wish I knew concessions were coming online from day 1. I would have saved my money and added a $1M section to the stadium.

The Cage now has 9,000 sideline seats and 1,000 sideline club seats...:tinfoilhat:I figured it out, if we get homefield thru the playoffs and get all 3 home games we could get, we'll make like 1.7 million off those 3 games... that's insane...That's right, when you come play in the Cage, you will have 10,000 screaming fans in the stands...
I wish I knew concessions were coming online from day 1. I would have saved my money and added a $1M section to the stadium.
you can't add those sections 'til after this season...I plan on adding, at minimum, a $1 million section after this season is over (during the off-season)... if I can afford it I'm gonna get more...

Steve in Minneapolis said:
The Duff Man said:
Duff - I like having the Center on your team, but watching the games is pretty boring. (which I guess is a good thing for the center) :lmao: I am interested in making another player..but not sure where we need the help. I will boost them to level 4... I was thinking WR, CB, DE, LB? I will take a look at our depth charts, but let me know what you prefer.
DE and DT have no human backup. Neither does C :tinfoilhat:
Runin Krunch, level 4 DE is ready Duff!
Bump for Duff....No contract offer yet...I did get an offer to start for a USA Pro team...! I have half a mind to accept it just to see what they have to say and learn about how they scout/run their teams etc.

The Duff Man said:
Duff - I like having the Center on your team, but watching the games is pretty boring. (which I guess is a good thing for the center) :lmao: I am interested in making another player..but not sure where we need the help. I will boost them to level 4... I was thinking WR, CB, DE, LB? I will take a look at our depth charts, but let me know what you prefer.
DE and DT have no human backup. Neither does C :tinfoilhat:
Runin Krunch, level 4 DE is ready Duff!
Bump for Duff....No contract offer yet...I did get an offer to start for a USA Pro team...! I have half a mind to accept it just to see what they have to say and learn about how they scout/run their teams etc.
I got a LB starting on a Pro Team, San Jose Spartans. Message board isn't much different than ours. One hint I picked up was to review the play by play from the other team to learn their tendencies. Haven't had to do that yet with the competition we have been up against, but something to consider.

Do we basicly have 2 teams in the class A right now. I was thinking about buying a team and trying to start from the bottom and work my way up, but it looks like we have a team in each conference of class A.

Do we basicly have 2 teams in the class A right now. I was thinking about buying a team and trying to start from the bottom and work my way up, but it looks like we have a team in each conference of class A.
we have 2 teams in one class A conference and another in the other conference...although its likely that we'll get one or two of the teams that move up...

I think there may be 3. There are at least 4 teams I think, but not 100% sure where the other two are. Larry and I are in US Class A.

I think there may be 3. There are at least 4 teams I think, but not 100% sure where the other two are. Larry and I are in US Class A.
I am building a team in the Southeast Asia AAA. In honor of my fiance; Manila Warlords.

the LA Riots in my conference are owned by a FBG, too...

larry_boy_44 said:
mytagid = Math.floor( Math.random() * 100 );document.write("

AJ Drewski gets the gameball for the Free for All. 3 sacks, 2 TFL, 6 tackles... SICK game...

Free for All win 9-0

*** SPOILER ALERT! Click this link to display the potential spoiler text in this box. ***");document.close();
:confused: Aw, You're making me blush. Thanks for the accolades, but it was definitely a team effort. I was nervous in the first half, but it was nice to see the goose egg posted by our D.

p.s. You left off AJ's 2 hurries. Not that I was counting. :wub:

I am on Pro Team, San Jose Spartans. I think someone else here is on the team too. Owner tells me he is looking for a Level 4 OT. If anyone wants a player on a pro team shoot him a PM on the site.

I have to tell you. Being a team owner is tough. Learning how to do it on the fly is even tougher. My hat is off to Larry for learning so quickly. I think I finally have most of the stuff down now. My first game sucked because I wasnt sure hwo to use the tactics. My second wasnt so great because I didnt have enough players. I think the 3rd one might finally be the one where most of the stuff finally works (fingers crossed).

I have a nice running team with 3 level 4 or 5 RB's. One of them, Otis Scupper is leading the league in yards per game so far, with 73 per game. Not a lot, I know, but with fatigue the way it is, guys just dont play that many snaps. He also has a nice 5.2 ypc average. Now that I have the team set up better, I can start seeing what works and what doesnt.

I just hope to be able to catch up with the other 2 FBG teams that had a head start on me.....

Good luck to everyone.

I have to tell you. Being a team owner is tough. Learning how to do it on the fly is even tougher. My hat is off to Larry for learning so quickly. I think I finally have most of the stuff down now. My first game sucked because I wasnt sure hwo to use the tactics. My second wasnt so great because I didnt have enough players. I think the 3rd one might finally be the one where most of the stuff finally works (fingers crossed). I have a nice running team with 3 level 4 or 5 RB's. One of them, Otis Scupper is leading the league in yards per game so far, with 73 per game. Not a lot, I know, but with fatigue the way it is, guys just dont play that many snaps. He also has a nice 5.2 ypc average. Now that I have the team set up better, I can start seeing what works and what doesnt. I just hope to be able to catch up with the other 2 FBG teams that had a head start on me.....Good luck to everyone.
:mellow: You had a disadvantage since many of us who were on early jumped with Duff or Larry....plus those guys seem to be in this thread 24/7! :shock:

Soda Popinski accepts your generous contract offer. Let it be said Mr. DuffMan is the most benevolent owner in all of sports.

I have to tell you. Being a team owner is tough. Learning how to do it on the fly is even tougher. My hat is off to Larry for learning so quickly. I think I finally have most of the stuff down now. My first game sucked because I wasnt sure hwo to use the tactics. My second wasnt so great because I didnt have enough players. I think the 3rd one might finally be the one where most of the stuff finally works (fingers crossed).

I have a nice running team with 3 level 4 or 5 RB's. One of them, Otis Scupper is leading the league in yards per game so far, with 73 per game. Not a lot, I know, but with fatigue the way it is, guys just dont play that many snaps. He also has a nice 5.2 ypc average. Now that I have the team set up better, I can start seeing what works and what doesnt.

I just hope to be able to catch up with the other 2 FBG teams that had a head start on me.....

Good luck to everyone.
:bigredx: I'm leading the league in yards per game so far. :thumbup:

I need a home for my TE Charles Mason. Actually do not care if he starts or not. Level 1 on the cusp of a level 2. Send me an offer.

ETA: Actually, he already is a level 2.

Good luck to everyone.
:bigredx: I'm leading the league in yards per game so far. :lmao:
Ok, leading the Western Conference.

DA RAIDERS said:
SoCalBroncoFan said:
Hey guys, the third FBG team could really use some defensive players. If anyone wants to have a STARTING gig, let me know. Our offense is pretty damn good. We rolled up 459 total yards in our last game, but we dont have very many human defensive players so we arent stopping people that well. I am willing to pay a signing bonus plus 900 per day.

PM me and I will make you a contract offer. Please try to be at least level 4.
i am a level 2 SS (635/1000)with 1 game under my belt. 4 tackles, 1 touchdown saving. i am cerrently getting $525/day. willy t flyers is my name.
no love huh socalbronco? is it the raider thing?here's a touchdown saving tackle by your's truly. :lmao:

http://goallineblitz.com/game/replay.pl?pbp_id=280432

newest member of the riot ready to be inserted into starting line-up

roster looks pretty nice...

also ready for level 5 salary bump

The Duff Man said:
I am going to start Hulk at QB next game until we can find out what is causing all the deflections. I had 5 deflections in 21 passes, to go with a lot last week. Hulk's play sample is too small to really gauge if the problem is me or the WRs not getting separation, both of his TDs were bombs on blown coverage (GOOD VISION) one was a CB blitz. I suspect the problem is either lack of strength or throwing for McLovin, but we will start Hulk to be sure.
:shock: :confused:

As a general rule, if you are in a position that uses up stamina (not kicker) and won't be online for a few days, you should make sure to leave your training so that you recoup stamina.

There are a couple of guys that are in the 70s in stamina from the last game, but still have their training set to intense and are only getting back 3 a day...but they haven't logged on to see that their stamina is low so they are going to have low stamina to start the game and won't get much playing time.

Users who are viewing this thread