What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OFFICIAL FFA Chess thread; The queens we use would not excite you (1 Viewer)

Wesley So DQ'd from today's match vs. Akobian for note taking on the 4th move of the game.

He was previously warned twice in the tournament as it's strictly forbidden by FIDE rules.

Alejandro Ramirez mentioned during commentary he had caught So making notes as well during the Million Dollar Tournament in Vegas last year.

He was warned previously for taking notes on his scoresheet, this time he had a piece of paper underneath his score sheet with notes.

:loco:

Last edited by a moderator:
Nakamura wins as expected, but I don't feel like he performed well. Nakamura himself said that he can't play like he did against "other people" and expect to win. Really nice performance by Robson.

Any ICC guys know how to simply copy and paste moves from a game into just regular text?

I wanted to post a few games here for analysis but can't figure out how to just copy and paste the moves themselves.

47. ...Bh3!! :wub:

Just perusing some Shirov games today for no reason, decided to bump the thread.

Maybe we've talked about this before, but who are your favorite players of all-time? I feel it's a pretty common answer, but I ####### love Tal's games. Shirov is another favorite. In my heavy playing days I used to be such a conservative player, but I've always wished I could open it up with the wild sacrifices and tactical play like those two. I've gotten a little better at it but still often don't have the balls for a piece sac if I can't see a definite winning combination.

Caruana and Nakamura qualify for 2016 Candidates tournament. If So can sneak in with a World Cup win, it will be a good cycle for US chess.

Been messing around with the Benko Gambit a lot, but at my level, very rarely is it accepted and instead I'm seeing a reinforcement of the white C pawn, with B3

Probably an awful reply, but I have no idea how to exploit it as black

Let's say

1. D4 Nf6

2. C4 B5

and instead of takes...

3. B3

Where do I go from here? Abandon the gambit?

If you have any master games for reference, I'll take a look

alternatively

what if...

3. Nf6

???

Also - loving the Budapest at my level (1350-1500 or so for Blitz)

Getting a lot of people who don't know what to do with it.

Kingscrusher played 19 hours of the 24 hour blitz chess tournament on lichess

The guy is absolutely hilarious with some of his noises he makes during a match. He is also always streaming on twitch now and always playing Hourly Bullet Tournies (using the same damn Smith Morra gambit every time)

Anywhere - he's the video for someone with 19 hours to waste

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fddZ61mRt60

also - lichess is GREAT and quickly becoming one of the best sites to play at. Great interface, no software to download, tough on cheaters and very customizable.

Been messing around with the Benko Gambit a lot, but at my level, very rarely is it accepted and instead I'm seeing a reinforcement of the white C pawn, with B3

Probably an awful reply, but I have no idea how to exploit it as black

Let's say

1. D4 Nf6

2. C4 B5

and instead of takes...

3. B3

Where do I go from here? Abandon the gambit?

If you have any master games for reference, I'll take a look

alternatively

what if...

3. Nf6

???
Well, that's not exactly correct.

d4 Nf6

c4 c5

d5 b5

Is the Benko.

I don't play the Benko, but assuming my opponent played b3 there, I'd leave the tension. He's letting you expand on the queenside for free. e6 to put more pressure on his center is the natural reaction.

Going through the Naka/Anand match now. Naka pretty much destroyed him after book theory ended. Great Queen's pawn game for the D4 players. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Topalov is on another level right now.

He was pretty dominant in the first leg of the tour and already the only man with 2 points so far this week (and he's already played Magnus and Naka). He plays black vs. Vishy tomorrow and Vishy is just a mess right now. He also gets white vs Caruana as well.

This one is over folks.

playing vs ChessExplained on his Simul right now on ICC :excited: . Come watch me lose IMO.

Looks like Jeff Pasqualino is in this too.
my queen to c7 was terrible, I was looking to support the knight move to get my light squared bishop active. I realized I was in an x-ray deal there but thought it was ok. Of course after he played his move I realized it was refuted quite well.

Oh well.

Users who are viewing this thread