What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***** Official KTCK/1310 AM "The Ticket" Thread ***** (2 Viewers)

Is it just me, or couldn't the Hammer have done a little better in the female department?
:lol:The wife just said the same thing.
damn catty wives...mine just uttered pretty much the same thing....fat women need love toobtw, got an idea where he lives, gonna cruise around and look for that tcu mailbox this weekend ( :lmao: )...i'll let you know if he invites me in for a beer.
If he lives on Lake Granbury, it should take 8 to 11 seconds to drive the town and figure out where he is.

Is it just me, or couldn't the Hammer have done a little better in the female department?
:lmao:The wife just said the same thing.
damn catty wives...mine just uttered pretty much the same thing....fat women need love toobtw, got an idea where he lives, gonna cruise around and look for that tcu mailbox this weekend ( :lmao: )...i'll let you know if he invites me in for a beer.
If he lives on Lake Granbury, it should take 8 to 11 seconds to drive the town and figure out where he is.
i live here, and it's a tad bigger than that, especially all the little lake subdivisions....as mentioned before, hadn't heard a peep from anyone hear that knows him/knew he was here.

:lmao:The wife just said the same thing.
i live here, and it's a tad bigger than that, especially all the little lake subdivisions....as mentioned before, hadn't heard a peep from anyone hear that knows him/knew he was here.
My sister lives there. I'm willing to concede a half-minute and nothing more.

Only heard the last few minutes on the radio. Corby did come off better, but you can tell there is still a lot to tell.

I smell a book in 5 years.

anyone got the cliff's notes on the program today? I was on the golf course and missed it.
:excited: Nigel can you summarize, esp how did Corby come off better and was Rhyner ready for more (your comment above?)Im watching the drama from afar in San Antonio. All i get are like 30 mins worth of Podcasts each day.

They basically burned one segment denying that they purposefully redirected the show through Corby during Greggo's last few months as claimed in the story by Hammer.

They all pretty much sound like they don't have any desire to make amends with him.

Rhyner was very blunt about it all saying at one point "This is what he does, he does something, he trys to make people feel sorry for him, and repeats. It's just what he does." (para-phrasing a bit)

Rhyner also said, 'there is so much more to tell and if any reporter out there wants to hear it, I'm ready to talk.'

Corby and Danny both said they declined comment because "whatever Mike said was good enough for us" which I thought was odd.

Those were the things that stuck out to me.

anyone got the cliff's notes on the program today? I was on the golf course and missed it.
:goodposting: Nigel can you summarize, esp how did Corby come off better and was Rhyner ready for more (your comment above?)Im watching the drama from afar in San Antonio. All i get are like 30 mins worth of Podcasts each day.
Corby said he confronted him four or five (?) times and asked him point blank if he was a cokehead. He denied it every time. He said he didn't turn his back on him, mainly for that reason. He tried to help Greg and he lied to him over and over again and it got to be where he'd had enough. Snake also said he declined the interview out of respect for Greg. He claimed he could have buried him. Danny said the same.

He claimed he played Major League Baseball for the Montreal Expos and hit a home run off Hall of Fame pitcher Steve Carlton in his first at-bat.
:shrug: Was he high when he claimed this? Seriously didn't think anyone would check?

Oh come on Norm... :goodposting:

"Some days it would take a genius to tell Greggo was struggling because, to me, his work didn't suffer."
Guy was a complete waste of space toward the end. Greggo complaining that Corby was taking over is ridiculous. Somebody had to step into the void. Leave the dead air to the Russ Martin show.

Oh come on Norm... :D

"Some days it would take a genius to tell Greggo was struggling because, to me, his work didn't suffer."
Guy was a complete waste of space toward the end. Greggo complaining that Corby was taking over is ridiculous. Somebody had to step into the void. Leave the dead air to the Russ Martin show.
Y'know. I was thinking about this. We should go back and look at all the posts we made last summer about how bad Greggo was.

That is eerie to go back now and reread that.Richie Whitt with post-artlicle comments:

Guess 6,500 words weren't enough. Damn.

From the Dept. of Be Careful What You Ask For: Holy Crap!

I’ll try to address them in order posted but, dude, no way I get to all them in one sitting:

*CORBY: I left two messages on his work phone, one on his cell and sent a request through our mutual media buddy, one Robert Wilonsky. Even offered to talk to him off-the-record. Nothing. My take? Corby owes me nothing. Doesn’t matter a bit if he talks to me or the public or not. But for him not to take five minutes to call Greg privately seems sorry. I said “seems” because, since he refused to talk about it, maybe he has a legit reason we don’t know about. But I can tell you that Greg is genuinely hurt/pissed that Corby – above all of them – hasn’t at least picked up a phone.

*FATHER’S FUNERAL: Far as I know, and I checked yesterday, The Ticket as a whole sent nothing as far as a memorial. Interesting, in that, I think, Greg went to the funerals of both of George’s parents and to the passing of Rhyner’s father. I kinda thought that event would serve as an ice-breaker. An uncomfortable, yet inconvenient reason to re-open the lines of communication. But it just shows how deep the feelings are against the guy.

*MYSTERY MEDIA GUEST: He just took part in Why Today Doesn’t Suck (and I’m pretty sure Dennis alluded to his appearance at the party in a previous post). Let the guessing begin.

*DANNY: He responded to my interview request via email, basically saying he’d let Rhyner speak for him.

*GREGGO’S SON: All he would say is that his son is named Derek, is 26, lives in Fort Worth and he is “working on” forging a relationship with him. He said he's never been married.

*TRUTH: Sure, some of Greg’s stories could be exaggerations, if not fabrications. But since he embarrassingly admitted to some of those past lies, it’d be bizarre to lie about suicide, etc.

*CLYDE: I think Clyde passed on a while back, but I’m not 100 percent sure. I did not interview him, or his current dog, Lexi.

*TICKET RELATIONSHIPS: I’ve been friendly with all Ticket hosts, but not “friends” with any of them. I guess we’ll see how they respond when I bump into them out at Cowboys camp. Even though I think I reported and wrote the story fairly, I do not expect to be asked on as a guest anytime soon.

*BOOK: Actually, yes, I thought about this a couple years ago. It’d obviously be a regional thing, but get me a publisher and I’ll start writing tonight.

*IF CORBY “CAUGHT” GREGGO AUG. 23, WHY WAS HE STILL EMPLOYED OCT. 12: Good question. I’m assuming – you do that a lot when most of the players on one side of the tale go mute – Corby said nada to management, in another attempt to give his friend and co-worker another chance to eventually right his ship.

*GREG’S TICKET FRIENDS?: Honestly, if he started naming his closest relationships at the station right now the list would start with Dan McDowell.

*GEORGE: Left him two voice mails on his work phone. Same with Craig Miller and Gordo. No return calls, though Gordon did send me an email asking when the story was coming out.

*HE SAID/HE SAID: I interviewed Rhyner first, then confronted Greg with his allegations. I went back to Rhyner with Greg’s take on the “Corby Conundrum”, but, to their credit, they both stood by their original responses to almost every issue.

*SALARY: I’m sure most hosts aren’t happy I revealed Greggo’s salary, but I found it to be one of the shocking revelations to the whole damn thing. Just shows you how good they were/are at attracting listeners and, in turn, advertising revenue.

*HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED: I just heard Rhyner refer to him as “Hammer”, but my feeling is, after this story, references to him and his drops will be minimal if at existent at all.

*CLEAN: Honestly, I’ve only been around him for that one day back in May. I’ve had several phone conversations and, from what I can tell, he’s always been sober.

*PARTY FAVORS: Agree with most of you on this. I went to the party preparing to drink water and Diet Coke. I was taken aback when I saw tin troughs full of beer and liquor bottles sitting out. For what it’s worth, Jen did not drink. But, yes, like I wrote, it seems awfully dicey to tempt him with alcohol that’s so accessible.

*THE MEETING: I emptied my notebook on the details of the meeting. I would’ve loved to have gotten others’ perspective on how it went down, but … Greg, as well, didn’t want to talk details. In fact, he went to great lengths to take – I know, bad choice of words – the high road. The meeting was called by Jeff Catlin and Dan Bennett, originally designed as a clearing of the air between Greggo and on-air personnel. But it quickly deteriorated into a lynching.

*REHAB: Yes, as I wrote, he went to rehab for four days in Arlington. Funny, T-Bar said Hammer got bored and called him on his cell phone to come play Texas Hold ‘Em. I never knew you could keep your cell phone in rehab.

*FAME AND FORTUNE: Oh, I’m sure most of the hosts have grown big heads. Who among us wouldn’t? Give me all that adulation and 500k and I’d be insufferable. The difference is that the rest of the hosts didn’t develop deadly addictions.

*HARDLINE LINEUP: Last time I asked – about a month ago – the current set-up of Mike-Corby-Danny was bravely heading into the future without an extreme makeover.

*DROPS: I’m sure, legally, they can play Greggo drops if they want. Why aren’t they? Don’t know for sure. Maybe they realize the hypocrisy involved in not talking about someone while at the same time exploiting his work for profit.

*RHYNER GONE IF GREG WENT BACK: I believe that 100%. While the rest of the hosts run from this issue, Rhyner was adamant about stamping his voice on the story. He truly feels Greggo #### on his life’s work and he’s pissed about it. Perhaps eternally. Don’t know if I blame him.

*GREGGO THE BUTT OF JOKES: Interesting question. But I sincerely doubt it. His depression is more clinical and hereditary, more than something that arose because he got his feelings hurt.

*MENTAL BREAKDOWN OVER GIRL: Not exactly sure on the exact date, but I think it was sometime in ’94.

*MOST VEHEMENT AGAINST INTERVIEW: As for Ticket personnel, I think it’s a last-place tie between everyone not named Rhyner or Hitzges. At some point in April management put out an edict to not talk about Greggo, but I had made one – if not two – rounds of calls before then.

*LAST-CHANCE CONTRACT: One of my biggest complaints with how Greggo was treated. He says he actually signed the diminished contract, tail fully between legs. Neither Bennett nor Cat wouldn’t comment directly as to that question when I posed it.

*HARDLINE YANKED BECAUSE OF GREGGO?: I’ve seen this in a couple posts, but it’s news to me. With its ratings power – even without Greggo – I’d be shocked if management thought of yanking the show. I think it’s an overstatement to say Greg’s actions almost cost the others their careers, or even their jobs.

*DO I LIKE THIS GIG?: Huh? -- Richie Whitt
I think this becomes a book. You could fill up 100 pages just on the first year of the Ticket and another 200 on the relationships between the on-air personalities.Chapter 16 - "Showtime" Johnny Barnes vs. David Robinson "Also" - I Will BUST Yo ###"

i still think greggo was terrible at what he did and i enjoy the program more without him

that being said, it's one thing to cut the guy off professional and something else entirely to cut him personally.

BUT, I guess everyone has a limit with their friends problems. I guess I just haven't ever had a friend push me past mine.

Last comments from Whitt. He must be getting blasted with e-mails and phone calls.

We do have closure, right?Like you, I listened to The Hardline discuss my story and Greggo yesterday afternoon.It’s impossible to tie a pretty bow on it all because it remains an ugly situation. But, one way or another, we gotta wrap it up and move on.As a long-time P1 and an objective observer, my final analysis:Williams, admittedly, deserves 99.9% of the blame. His reckless, selfish actions imploded The Hardline, his career and, almost, his life. Professionally, his former co-workers have every right to turn on him. They’re justified in not ever again trusting him. But privately – as friends for almost 20 years – The Ticket’s collective lack of empathy is confounding, if not altogether appalling. I don’t expect them to jump into business with Greggo or let him manage their 401Ks, but I’d have a lot more respect for them if they would’ve temporarily shelved their animosity and taken five minutes to send him a simple message. Something along the lines of “Good luck with your recovery. Hang in there. I’m pulling for you.” I think most of the hosts feel that way, and someday they’ll realize that not airing those sentiments – either through my story or private phone call – was a mistake.Two wrongs don’t make a right. They just make us all sad. For everybody involved. -- Richie Whitt

Richie Whitt with post-artlicle comments:*MYSTERY MEDIA GUEST: He just took part in Why Today Doesn’t Suck (and I’m pretty sure Dennis alluded to his appearance at the party in a previous post). Let the guessing begin.
So does that mean Nascar Dennis = Line 4 guy???

*HARDLINE YANKED BECAUSE OF GREGGO?: I’ve seen this in a couple posts, but it’s news to me. With its ratings power – even without Greggo – I’d be shocked if management thought of yanking the show. I think it’s an overstatement to say Greg’s actions almost cost the others their careers, or even their jobs.
I could certainly see the whole thing cratering. I think he's wrong on this. Dead wrong.If the show continued to fishtail and they didn't have hard evidence on greggo and never pressed him on it I could certainly see Mike throwing in the towel and the show just dissolves. Most at risk is Corby. I don't know exactly what other kind of radio show he'd fit in with. The days of a morning drive yuk monkey are sort of over no? I mean other than Kidd is there even another station like that in DFW targeting 25-50 anything much less males?I wonder if Russ Martin discussed the article on his air at all. Does he even acknowledge the ticket anymore?

I spammed pretty much everyone that posts in this thread in any frequency at all and some stragglers in the rangers thread.

Ideally I'd like to get a league with primarily P1s together. If this is of any interest to you please shoot me a PM. I think i sent like 25 PMs at this point so if I missed you let me know.

Right now the results are pretty overwhelming to do something weeknight and in or around north dallas, perhaps addison, or maybe irving. Maybe start around 6-6:30pm and get as far as we can. If it has to finish later via slow draft so be it.

Right now the results are pretty overwhelming to do something weeknight and in or around north dallas, perhaps addison, or maybe irving. Maybe start around 6-6:30pm and get as far as we can. If it has to finish later via slow draft so be it.
That would be perfect (except for maybe the irving part).Anyone know if Buffalo Wild Wings is doing that fantasy draft hosting thing again this year? There's one in Addison (Belt Line and tollway) or if north dallas means far north dallas there's also one at Frankford and Marsh.

That would be perfect (except for maybe the irving part).Anyone know if Buffalo Wild Wings is doing that fantasy draft hosting thing again this year? There's one in Addison (Belt Line and tollway) or if north dallas means far north dallas there's also one at Frankford and Marsh.
Yes. Offering $100 bucks in coupons for food on subsequent visits. There's the one SE of DFW as well as the one in Addison among others. If it ends up being Dallas then there's Wizards as well as the top floor of stans that have places you can reserve.

Disco Stu said:
culdeus said:
Frankford/Marsh location is dead and has been for quite a while. I dunno why they list it on their site anymore.

Disco Stu said:
culdeus said:
Frankford/Marsh location is dead and has been for quite a while. I dunno why they list it on their site anymore.
Thanks. That explains why I haven't seen it.

There's also Two Rows on Tollway @ Trinity Mills. I guess that Cape Buffalo place is still there although I haven't heard mention of it in ages.

From the looks of it there are 7 guys that are probable at this time. I expect at least 2 more of the group of invites to say yes when they get it. I'd like 12 at least maybes that way if it has to drop back to 10 at the last second so be it.

I think I need to bug mac about this. I know she doesn't check this thread. What other people are local that don't check in here?

There's also Two Rows on Tollway @ Trinity Mills. I guess that Cape Buffalo place is still there although I haven't heard mention of it in ages.
Yeah, I think Cape Buffalo is still open. Same layout as Wizards IIRC, so that might work well. Could reserve a room. I think that'd be the easiest way to hold a draft.

So far we have at least some level of "yes" from:

me

DiscoStu

BigTex

DoughboyDeluxe

MacArtist

Bogart

DTMules

TheHardline

NigelTufnel

texasyankees

Waiting on some PMs back, but got a couple of maybes. If you have not gotten a PM and are interested then let me know.

Right now the general consensus is leaning towards a BWW type establishment.

Dates that so far seem to be a go with people are

Aug-11

Aug-12

Aug-25

Sep-1

Sep-2

All other dates have at least a single conflict.

I'd like to get 12 people to say yes so if one or two backout we still have 10 so keep up the peer pressure. If it's 12 might as well go with WCOFF rules more or less for simplicity and if 10 we can add some addl. starting spots as appropriate for balance.

Pretty much it's looking like 8-2 so far for 50 over 25 with no major objections to 25. We can pull from the pool for the website admin cost so it doesn't escalate too much.

O.K., I'm interested (thanks for the shout-out culdeus).

Been trying to backtrack thru this thread to find league specifics.

Any help to a post #?

North Dallas works for me, I live in Plano. Ker's Winghouse in Addison (on Beltline) could also be a consideration.

BWW is fine though.

What's the 50 vs. 25 pertain to?

O.K., I'm interested (thanks for the shout-out culdeus).Been trying to backtrack thru this thread to find league specifics.Any help to a post #?North Dallas works for me, I live in Plano. Ker's Winghouse in Addison (on Beltline) could also be a consideration.BWW is fine though.What's the 50 vs. 25 pertain to?
League specifics will come. This isn't going to be a super hardcore thing I imagine.

O.K., I'm interested (thanks for the shout-out culdeus).Been trying to backtrack thru this thread to find league specifics.Any help to a post #?North Dallas works for me, I live in Plano. Ker's Winghouse in Addison (on Beltline) could also be a consideration.BWW is fine though.What's the 50 vs. 25 pertain to?
League specifics will come. This isn't going to be a super hardcore thing I imagine.
O.K.My primary question is whether it's an auction draft or serpantine? PPR?I much prefer an auction draft. I would waver on a serpantine.

O.K.My primary question is whether it's an auction draft or serpantine? PPR?I much prefer an auction draft. I would waver on a serpantine.
:unsure: I doubt we all have enough time to kill to pull off an auction on a weeknight. I've never run one live so I dunno.

:banned: I doubt we all have enough time to kill to pull off an auction on a weeknight. I've never run one live so I dunno.
It doesn't take as long as you think, especially if you have an auctioneer. It's easy enough to lasso one in, provided their "beverages" are paid for.I've even had girls do it in the past, which obviously adds a little flavor to the evening.It doesn't really take much longer than a serpantine, if at all.

Users who are viewing this thread