What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Official LAKERS Thread aka. BIG BALLERS ONLY** (1 Viewer)

Champions!!!!!

Who gets waived so Lakers can fit Caruso, Thomas, Wear, Blue, and Bryant on the team along with MVPs Ball and Kuzma?

Will KCP eat into Caruso's minutes?

Monday is media day.

Roster:

PG- Ball, Ennis, Caruso*

SG- KCP, Clarkson, Hart, Blue*

SF- Ingram, Kuzma, Brewer

PF- Randle, Nance, Deng

C- Lopez, Bogut, Zubac, Bryant

Lakers scouting department has been doing great work with their late 1st and 2nd round picks. 

Clarkson, Nance, Zubac (?), and now Kuzma all look to be nice rotation players. 

Bryant seems to be buried on the depth chart, but maybe Hart can contribute a bit too this year. 

How fun is this season going to be?  I say it every year, but I'm more excited for 2017 than any season in recent memory.

LOOOOOOONNNNNNNNN-ZOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Starting to get nervous about BI.  First couple of games were ugly.  Had a nice first half, but that 4th quarter was terrible.  His drives were getting snuffed by Ingles and had no shot of scoring on Gobert.  His last drive was embarrassing, like he had no legs.

He's young and everyone raves about his work ethic, but I'm officially concerned about him.

Hopefully Walton is on the way to figuring out the rotation and minute distribution that works.

Lopez is crap. He's not worth the games he actually hits shots at the expense of the awful defense and rebounding he brings every night. He's just the lead in a cavalcade of horribly one dimensional guys Walton has given too much run in the 1st three games. Nance, Bogut, Ennis, Caruso - it's painful watching them on offense, and Walton's been running lineups out there with 2 or three of them on the floor at a time. Nance needs to be off the bench and Randle needs the majority of the minutes either at the 5 or the 4. If Walton can't coach Randle to be consistent, that's on Walton as much as Randle. Ennis and Caruso need as few minutes as possible, Walton needs to use Clarkson as the backup PG as much as he can. I don't get the Bogut thing. He works on a team where he's surrounded by good shooters and the other team has some post big worth guarding. Here he's just a dead end. I imagine he's there to help coach up the younger bigs, but he can do that in practice, he's killing them out there when he gets in the game. He's like the anti-Lopez, good D and boards, but he's a huge negative on offense.

Ball needs to cut the turnovers in half and get the shooting percentage up above 40. If he can do that, he'll be a very good player in this league. It's early yet, and he may need to reconstruct is jumper, but he's an intelligent kid, I think he can pull it off. Many of the turnovers are from trying to make the spectacular play too often instead of taking the solid play. He'll learn.

That Clarkson, Hart, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle lineup in the 2nd half played great defense and had enough guys who could score to be valid on offense. More of that please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hopefully Walton is on the way to figuring out the rotation and minute distribution that works.

Lopez is crap. He's not worth the games he actually hits shots at the expense of the awful defense and rebounding he brings every night. He's just the lead in a cavalcade of horribly one dimensional guys Walton has given too much run in the 1st three games. Nance, Bogut, Ennis, Caruso - it's painful watching them on offense, and Walton's been running lineups out there with 2 or three of them on the floor at a time. Nance needs to be off the bench and Randle needs the majority of the minutes either at the 5 or the 4. If Walton can't coach Randle to be consistent, that's on Walton as much as Randle. Ennis and Caruso need as few minutes as possible, Walton needs to use Clarkson as the backup PG as much as he can. I don't get the Bogut thing. He works on a team where he's surrounded by good shooters and the other team has some post big worth guarding. Here he's just a dead end. I imagine he's there to help coach up the younger bigs, but he can do that in practice, he's killing them out there when he gets in the game. He's like the anti-Lopez, good D and boards, but he's a huge negative on offense.

Ball needs to cut the turnovers in half and get the shooting percentage up above 40. If he can do that, he'll be a very good player in this league. It's early yet, and he may need to reconstruct is jumper, but he's an intelligent kid, I think he can pull it off. Many of the turnovers are from trying to make the spectacular play too often instead of taking the solid play. He'll learn.

That Clarkson, Hart, Kuzma, Ingram, Randle lineup in the 2nd half played great defense and had enough guys who could score to be valid on offense. More of that please.
Hoping that Hart starts getting all the minutes that were going to Caruso and Ennis.

Hoping that Hart starts getting all the minutes that were going to Caruso and Ennis.
Rotation should be something like this:

Ball 32mins, Clarkson 16mins

KCP 28mins, Hart 10mins, Clarkson 10mins

Ingram 30mins, Brewer 10mins, KCP 4mins, Kuzma 4mins

Nance 20mins, Kuzma 22mins, Randle 6mins

Lopez 26mins, Randle 22mins

Starting to get nervous about BI.  First couple of games were ugly.  Had a nice first half, but that 4th quarter was terrible.  His drives were getting snuffed by Ingles and had no shot of scoring on Gobert.  His last drive was embarrassing, like he had no legs.

He's young and everyone raves about his work ethic, but I'm officially concerned about him.
Last 7 games (especially last night) have me going from concerned to excited.

19 points 

6.5 rbs

4 asts

51% shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread