What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**OFFICIAL Minnesota Twins Thread** - This Is Totally The Year! (1 Viewer)

Gopher State said:
Santana to make his first start today for the Twins. He went 3-0, 1:74 era at AAA
Looked really good. Too bad our bullpen sucks. Sano is a beast.

Sano looks really good so far, but Buxton looked just as bad. Let's not go crazy.

And for the record, those who thought the Twins would lose 90 again this year, and I was one of them, weren't crazy.

This quote, however, is fantastic:

''I don't feel like any pressure here,'' the 22-year-old Sano said. ''The same baseball and when I go hit, I try to hit the ball the same way I try to hit. I don't try to do too much because if I try to do too much, I can pull the ball or something like that, a groundball, a lot of strikeouts. Otherwise, I try to hit the ball and put in play.''
Seems Pedro Cerrano-y.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sano looks really good so far, but Buxton looked just as bad. Let's not go crazy.

And for the record, those who thought the Twins would lose 90 again this year, and I was one of them, weren't crazy.
All we really need from him is decent power. His average is probably going to end up around .250 or so but if he's able to hit for decent power I'd consider that a successful rookie season.

Nice first half for the Twins. Molitor will get a lot of credit, and thats fine, but I think the most credit should go to Hunter. It seems as though he keeps the players loose and is the outspoken leader the Twins have been missing for awhile. ALso, lets not overlook the fact that Anderson is gone as the pitching coach. I think he was terrbile.

Cjw_55106 said:
Nice first half for the Twins. Molitor will get a lot of credit, and thats fine, but I think the most credit should go to Hunter. It seems as though he keeps the players loose and is the outspoken leader the Twins have been missing for awhile. ALso, lets not overlook the fact that Anderson is gone as the pitching coach. I think he was terrbile.
Good posting. I always been a Big Hunter fan, he is playing like he is 30 not 40. Gibson. Coming to age is also big,second half should be fun!

Get out.

Cjw_55106 said:
Good posting. I always been a Big Hunter fan, he is playing like he is 30 not 40. Gibson. Coming to age is also big,second half should be fun!
Get out.

Twins suck again. I don't have any stats to back this but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have the worst record in the league since the break

Twins suck again. I don't have any stats to back this but it wouldn't surprise me at all if they have the worst record in the league since the break
They really weren't that good anyway. They had an unbelievable May and they've been themselves the rest of the year.

April 10-12

May 20-7

June 11-17

July 12-13

Aug 6-9 (so far)

:confused:

He pitched quite well in 2013 and 2014.

And until yesterday, he hadn't given up an ER in his previous 8 innings of work. And he has only given up 2 homeruns all year.

He walks too many guys and doesn't strike out enough, but he is definitely a major league pitcher.

:shrug:

the moops said:

And until yesterday, he hadn't given up an ER in his previous 8 innings of work. And he has only given up 2 homeruns all year.

He walks too many guys and doesn't strike out enough, but he is definitely a major league pitcher.

He was acceptable in 2013. He's been horrible since.

2013 - 61 IP, 3.98 ERA, 1.475 WHIP

2104 - 54 IP, 3.31 ERA, 1.325 WHIP

2013 - 61 IP, 3.98 ERA, 1.475 WHIP

2104 - 54 IP, 3.31 ERA, 1.325 WHIP
It's really not worth arguing about Brian Duensing, but he was a lot worse, and a lot luckier, in 2014.

Another sweet outing by Duensing. He must have naked pictures of Terry Ryan and Tom Kelly or something.

He came in the 6th with only 1 out and the bases loaded and got out of it with no runs. Sure he lead off the next inning to give up a solo shot and a walk, but hey, he is Brian Duensing.

Btw, this just in: Buxton is fast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Twins should give Mauer another billion dollar contract, he's worth every penny as a .700 OPS 1Bman. :thumbup:

#stuffgopherstatehaspostedintigersthreadforlastfouryears

Users who are viewing this thread