What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official NFC Championship Game Thread*** (1 Viewer)

What was that about "letting them play"? The call on Madison was a ticky-tacky potential game changing call.

Illegal contact is the dumbest rule ever invented. Either call it every time, or get rid of it. Having it happen on 60% of plays but the refs only calling it when they feel like it is just stupid, and completely random.
Agreed. The NFL starts looking like the NBA with the way that rule is called.I don't understand why it was even necessary - between holding and PI, it seemed like they'd covered all of the bases already.
Just so we're clear here, there is a difference.Holding is holding.PI is hitting / obstructing the player while the ball is in the air.Illegal contact is hitting / obstruction after 5 yards beyond the line - and the ball NOT in the air.

Illegal contact is the dumbest rule ever invented. Either call it every time, or get rid of it. Having it happen on 60% of plays but the refs only calling it when they feel like it is just stupid, and completely random.
Agreed. The NFL starts looking like the NBA with the way that rule is called.I don't understand why it was even necessary - between holding and PI, it seemed like they'd covered all of the bases already.
Just so we're clear here, there is a difference.Holding is holding.PI is hitting / obstructing the player while the ball is in the air.Illegal contact is hitting / obstruction after 5 yards beyond the line - and the ball NOT in the air.
We both agree PI is irrelevant here. I mentioned it above simply because these are the basic penalties that protect receivers out running routes. The issue is whether IC adds something to holding. Defenders are allowed to get position, but to my eyes that IC penalty really only gets called when there's grabbing by the defender. Isn't that holding?

Dang it, Packer need to either Blitz or man up against these guys. They are doing neither and playing what looks like prevent.

We both agree PI is irrelevant here. I mentioned it above simply because these are the basic penalties that protect receivers out running routes. The issue is whether IC adds something to holding. Defenders are allowed to get position, but to my eyes that IC penalty really only gets called when there's grabbing by the defender. Isn't that holding?
IC can be called when there isn't holding (i.e. pushing them off of their route).

IC can be called when there isn't holding (i.e. pushing them off of their route).
I guess you're right. I'm just not a fan of that penalty.

Favre is so good on the pump fakes. I think that's an underused tool by QB's and OC's. I wanted Jason Campbell to use it more this year, but it didn't happen.

I like the old Eli better. The one who throws an INT or 2 a game.

The Giants have outplayed the Pack so far by a pretty decent margin IMO.

The score just doesn't reflect that.

Favre throwing into triple coverage.

I think about a third of the population of Wisconsin had a heart attack there.

Users who are viewing this thread