What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (2 Viewers)

AH HA!!!! I KNEW ITI'd be interested to know how both Oregon and Stanford will each lose a game....
One word: Kiffycakes
Maybe. I don't think I'd bet that way, but maybe. Stanford is a 7.5 fave on the road against Kiffy this week, so they could be walking into the same trap that Wisconsin did as 7.5 point faves last week going into MSU. USC will not walk out of Autzen with a victory. Teams don't win there. Ask OU and Michigan.**Please don't ask Boise St. ;)
I agree USC has no chance at Oregon. I was thinking Stanford loses to USC (that matchup has had some weird results recently) and Stanford loses to Oregon.Regardless, I don't think OU deserves to vault Boise assuming they both win out, which is a pretty big assumption when it comes to OU imo. And do you really claim that game in Oregon against OU as a win? I'd be embarrassed to bring that up if I were an Oregon fan.
Yeah, I'd be real careful were I Stanford in this next one. Could be a trap game of sorts for them. Tough test for a rookie HC.I was at the OU/UO game and when my buddies started giving the OU fans some lip after the game, I roped him back in, told him to knock it off and be very thankful we won that game...that wasn't anything to gloat about. I would have liked to see those two teams go at it again with a healthy roster in a bowl game. OU proved they were the better team in the Holiday Bowl, though Brady Leaf was never anything more than a stiff liability back there. And I won't bring up the beat down the Ducks received in Norman.

Shouldn't this thread title be updated to include the latest final score? The Texas drubbing is kind of silly to boast about now, IMO.
:goodposting: JMon running things in here now?
It's making OU fan look a little silly.
If you changethis one I will. Please don't bring your uber crazy Ducks fan Fasteddie over with you though. TIA.
Fast Eddie is no different from any other NCAA team loyalist. Very few people can stay calm and rational when discussing their NCAA team...remove NCAA football altogether and I'm sure you and Eddie could enjoy a pint together without resorting to blows. Maybe. :unsure:

Whaley is on the sidelines on crutches. Dunno what is going on, but it looks like a cast on his left ankle. Just need to get Whaley a medical redshirt.

Whaley is on the sidelines on crutches. Dunno what is going on, but it looks like a cast on his left ankle. Just need to get Whaley a medical redshirt.
This sucks. I love Whaley so much, and for two games now there have been issues. He's our best RB, it hurts not having him in there.

It is 3:47 pm central time and our special teams still suck! I hope the Hunnicutt doesn't let these last 2 games get in his head! OOF!

just seeing the scoreline in that 2001 game makes me sick.
As an Auburn grad, the 2004 scoreline makes me sick. I still remember the tying OSU FG attempt just missing. I keep hoping one day enough people get screwed over that playoffs become a reality. I think that they will, but it is a tough pill to swallow to not lose a single game in a BCS conference and still not get a shot. I do believe USC was the best team, but it's tough to never know for sure.
yeah, that was a quirky year to be sure. to be fair though just about everybody in the country had usc and ou 1 & 2 in '04. i think it is no coincidence that ou gets the benefit of the doubt in these situations, castiglione sure knows how to put together a schedule.
lsu 21-14, usc 55-19, boise st. 43-42, wv 48-28no one wants to see another blowout
seriously, why would you automatically be so antagonistic? what kind of a person are you?
stoops pc at 5 et per espnnewsgrow a sac
This thread has been snowmonkeyed which is not as bad as a thread being Goggins'd, but still bad. Both the Sooners threads have four pages of trolling. Best to let them both die and start a East Carolina U Football thread and post in there. Too bad about Whaley, he's not gonna get a redshirt though. Nice showing today, I must say I'm a bit surprised. I don't think K-State is great or anything but they are among the most well coached teams in CFB, and they were undefeated in the top ten playing at home.

So naturally, after walking into Norman and pulling the huge upset, Texas Tech loses 41-7 at home tonight as 16-point favorites.

:loco:

Good luck figuring out this crap. This is me waving the white flag.

So naturally, after walking into Norman and pulling the huge upset, Texas Tech loses 41-7 at home tonight as 16-point favorites.:loco:Good luck figuring out this crap. This is me waving the white flag.
Texas Tech isn't that good, I think we all knew that. They played a perfect game last week though, these things happen in college football sometimes which is why it is so great. OU responded today, they could have let that game carry over and didn't. They also had all three of their starters back this week although Whaley was lost for the season on the very first play.

Looks like we get to pass KState and Clemson - almost Stanford, too bad. Them losing now and beating Oregon would have been perfect.

Former Voice Of Sooners Bob Barry Sr., Dies

OKLAHOMA CITY -- Long-time radio voice of the Oklahoma Sooners Bob Barry Sr. died Sunday.

Former OU coach Bud Wilkinson selected Barry to become OU's new play-by-play commentator in 1961. Barry stayed with the Sooners until 1972, when he left to cover Oklahoma State and University of Tulsa games. He returned to OU in 1991, where he spent the rest of his career.

"Bob Barry represented the best of the Sooner spirit. With his contagious enthusiasm, he was one of the best sports broadcast journalists in the entire nation," said University of Oklahoma President David Boren.

"He was loved by Oklahomans all across our entire state and will be missed by all of us."

"I've been so fortunate and so lucky to have the job I've had," Barry said of his time as Voice of the Sooners. "I tell young people all of the time that when you find the thing you love to do, then do it to the best of your ability, it's really not work at all."

One of the most decorated broadcasters in Oklahoma history, Barry was inducted into the Oklahoma Journalism Hall of Fame, the Oklahoma Association of Broadcasters Hall of Fame and the Oklahoma Sports Hall of Fame.

"Bob Barry represented the best of the Sooner spirit," Oklahoma president David Boren said.

"With his contagious enthusiasm, he was one of the best sports broadcast journalists in the entire nation. He was loved by Oklahomans all across our entire state and will be missed by all of us."

While acting as Voice of the Sooners, Barry also acted as a TV sports anchor for KFOR, and was named sports director in 1970. He retired from television broadcasting in 2008, and retired his radio play-by-play position after last season.

Former News9 sports anchor Toby Rowland took over for Barry starting this season.

"I never saw Bob have a bad day. He loved life and loved his job," Rowland said.

"Even after 50 years of broadcasting he would show up at the stadium like a kid in a candy store. His play-by-play style was unmistakable, but it is his gentle and fun-loving spirit that I will always remember."
http://www.newson6.com/story/15908983/bob-barry-sr-the-former-voice-of-ou-has-died#.Tq2tK88ot_k.facebookListened to many OU games when I couldn't get to a TV. RIP Bob--BOOMER!

So... for OU to make the title game at this point, we'd have to see Oregon beat Stanford, OU win out, and either a massive blowout in the LSU-Bama game or the loser losing a second game.

That would make it between OU, Oregon, and Boise, right? OU would pass Boise with the remaining schedule - how does the Oregon comparison look?

I remember after OU and Nebraska made title games without winning the conference, there was talk about disallowing a team from making the title game if they hadn't won their conference. That never got enacted, right?

So... for OU to make the title game at this point, we'd have to see Oregon beat Stanford, OU win out, and either a massive blowout in the LSU-Bama game or the loser losing a second game.That would make it between OU, Oregon, and Boise, right? OU would pass Boise with the remaining schedule - how does the Oregon comparison look?I remember after OU and Nebraska made title games without winning the conference, there was talk about disallowing a team from making the title game if they hadn't won their conference. That never got enacted, right?
The loser of LSU and Bama doesn't make the title game under any circumstance. No way does a team that couldn't win its own division, much less conference, go the the NCG. They may very well be the 2 best (and probably are) but if either truly would beat any team, then their NCG is this Saturday.I think we need 3 things:1. Win out2. Stanford loss3. Oregon lossI am not entirely sure we pass Oregon if both of us win out. However, if Oregon beats Stanford, I think we still go. I'm just way less sure - however, I think our SOS would put us over them by season's end.

'Instinctive said:
'Tick said:
So... for OU to make the title game at this point, we'd have to see Oregon beat Stanford, OU win out, and either a massive blowout in the LSU-Bama game or the loser losing a second game.

That would make it between OU, Oregon, and Boise, right? OU would pass Boise with the remaining schedule - how does the Oregon comparison look?

I remember after OU and Nebraska made title games without winning the conference, there was talk about disallowing a team from making the title game if they hadn't won their conference. That never got enacted, right?
The loser of LSU and Bama doesn't make the title game under any circumstance. No way does a team that couldn't win its own division, much less conference, go the the NCG. They may very well be the 2 best (and probably are) but if either truly would beat any team, then their NCG is this Saturday.I think we need 3 things:

1. Win out

2. Stanford loss

3. Oregon loss

I am not entirely sure we pass Oregon if both of us win out. However, if Oregon beats Stanford, I think we still go. I'm just way less sure - however, I think our SOS would put us over them by season's end.
IFLSU wins out, and Oregon stays undefeated I can't see them playing again for the BCS Championship. I think if OU wins out, and Stanford loses along the way, OU is in the BCS Championship. Bleacher Report -

Assuming OSU wins out to this point, the Cowboys will probably be No. 2 or No. 3 in the BCS when the teams face each other, since either LSU or Alabama will drop after the teams face each other this coming Saturday (more on this later).

Again, we must thank the BCS gods for the placement of the Bedlam Game on December 3. This game will be OU's chance to put an exclamation point on a remarkable close to the regular season and prove to the nation in prime time why it belongs in title game.

Stoops and the senior leaders of this team, knowing this game is literally a must-win if they are to get one more crack at a national title, will have the Sooners fired up and ready to deliver OU's magnum opus of the regular season. Landry Jones will expose the suspect Cowboy defense, which is 110th nationally in yards allowed. OU's defense will be able to make a least a few stops, which should be enough for OU to come out on top in what has the makings to be another shootout.

So that would leave OU as 11-1 and Big 12 Champions. As for the rest of the BCS, here's how OU will jump at least the four teams currently ahead of them to make it to No. 2 and secure a BCS Title bid.

Doug Pensinger/Getty Images

No. 5 Boise State

The Broncos' weak strength of schedule means OU should clear them easily, considering OU has one of the toughest schedules for the remainder of the season. Boise State's remaining opponents have a combined record of 17-19, and if the Sooners win out, their BCS average will be comfortably ahead of Boise State's, regardless of what BSU's record is. What's more, Boise has yet to face TCU and Wyoming, two teams that could give the Broncos trouble.

No. 4 Stanford

Despite an impressive, triple overtime victory over USC Saturday, the Cardinal showed it has weaknesses and is beatable. Obviously this is speculative (as is this entire article), but I believe Stanford will lose at least one of its remaining games, most likely to No. 8 Oregon or Notre Dame. USC is good, but not as good as either of these teams, and chances are that one of the Kelly brothers will be able to erase Andrew Luck and the Cardinal's chance at perfection. A one-loss OU team tops a one-loss Stanford team in the BCS standings; OU's schedule overall is significantly tougher.

No 3. Oklahoma State

If OU beats OSU, this will not be an issue.

No. 2. Alabama and No. 1 LSU

Obviously, one of these teams will lose Saturday when the two teams face off in Tuscaloosa. Let's assume for argument's sake that the winner wins out and makes it to New Orleans. OU would just need to top the other team in the standings to earn a ticket to the Big Easy.

I believe human voters would favor an OU vs. Alabama/LSU championship matchup over an LSU vs. Alabama rematch for the sake of fairness and excitement. Granted, I'm no BCS expert, but it's likely the other two thirds of the BCS will go in favor of OU considering its high strength of schedule and the SEC being down this year compared to others.

Of course, many factors need to align, but if they do, and I believe they will, the Oklahoma Sooners will appear in their fifth BCS National Championship in New Orleans come January.

If Oregon wins out and LSU beats Bama, wouldn't Oregon be in the driver's seat for a rematch in the Title Game? Better to lose early than late? Better to lose to the best team in the country than Texas Tech?

Stanford vs. Oregon and OU vs OSU are HUGE games yet to come. Can't wait for LSU/Bama. :thumbup:

If Oregon wins out and LSU beats Bama, wouldn't Oregon be in the driver's seat for a rematch in the Title Game? Better to lose early than late? Better to lose to the best team in the country than Texas Tech?Stanford vs. Oregon and OU vs OSU are HUGE games yet to come. Can't wait for LSU/Bama. :thumbup:
I am of the opinion that the humans will makeup whatever difference necessary to get Oregon ahead of OU if it plays out like you describe. We shall see though. I wouldn't be surprised if OU gets beat this weekend.

If Oregon wins out and LSU beats Bama, wouldn't Oregon be in the driver's seat for a rematch in the Title Game? Better to lose early than late? Better to lose to the best team in the country than Texas Tech?

Stanford vs. Oregon and OU vs OSU are HUGE games yet to come. Can't wait for LSU/Bama. :thumbup:
I am of the opinion that the humans will makeup whatever difference necessary to get Oregon ahead of OU if it plays out like you describe. We shall see though. I wouldn't be surprised if OU gets beat this weekend.
Really? Why? I just don't see OU losing at home again, and to Texas A&M of all teams. I don't think A&M has won at Norman since Stoops has been HC. I would like to say that OU is a 2td favorite, but that didn't seem to help against TT.

If Oregon wins out and LSU beats Bama, wouldn't Oregon be in the driver's seat for a rematch in the Title Game? Better to lose early than late? Better to lose to the best team in the country than Texas Tech?Stanford vs. Oregon and OU vs OSU are HUGE games yet to come. Can't wait for LSU/Bama. :thumbup:
I don't think OU loses at home to A&M. Oregon has to play perfect football from here on out and that means going into Washington and winning in an impressive fashion; something I'm not about to bet on (Ducks -16.5 on the road? Not in Seattle, IMO.) They then have to win on the road at Stanford and that's going to be an enormous task. And you can't overlook USC right now, not even in Autzen. That's a tall order.In addition, I think LSU needs to win at Alabama this weekend to give Oregon a glimmer of hope. It'll look much better for the Ducks if the one team that beat them went into Bama and won. Again, I'm not betting this way, but there's always hope.These are much taller tasks than what OU has ahead of them. Win out and hope Stanford stubs its toe. I think that's more likely than what I posted above. Of course, that Bedlam game is going to be gigantic.

Really? Why? I just don't see OU losing at home again, and to Texas A&M of all teams. I don't think A&M has won at Norman since Stoops has been HC. I would like to say that OU is a 2td favorite, but that didn't seem to help against TT.
Despite their late game struggles I think A&M is really good. Just seems like they're due to put an entire game together. Sherman needs a big win or he might be in trouble at the end of the year. I can't believe I'm typing this but OU has actually looked better away from Norman this year. I wouldn't bet against OU straight up or anything, just saying a lot can happen between now and the end of the season, OU in the title game is a longshot and the two best teams in the conference are still left on the schedule.

Don't forget A&M is a revenge game.

I think even if OU and Oregon win out, OU goes over them. I just don't think people will want to give Oregon a rematch.

A one loss Arkansas or LSU would be ahead of either, so a lot has to happen for OU or Oregon to have a shot anyway. I'll worry about TAMU this week, I really hope they play motivated and pissed off.

SHIZNITT>You have the thread control after the merger. Please keep the byline updated gb, and stay positive! :thumbup:

'Instinctive said:
The loser of LSU and Bama doesn't make the title game under any circumstance. No way does a team that couldn't win its own division, much less conference, go the the NCG. They may very well be the 2 best (and probably are) but if either truly would beat any team, then their NCG is this Saturday.
I don't think that's correct. Why is it winning their own division instead of winning their own conference?I guess I just think that a 1-loss Alabama or LSU probably goes ahead of OU. A blowout in that game might make that less likely, so we can root for that.I wonder about Arkansas - I think OU goes ahead of them if they both end with 1 loss. The Big 12 computer rankings help a lot.

'Instinctive said:
The loser of LSU and Bama doesn't make the title game under any circumstance. No way does a team that couldn't win its own division, much less conference, go the the NCG. They may very well be the 2 best (and probably are) but if either truly would beat any team, then their NCG is this Saturday.
I don't think that's correct. Why is it winning their own division instead of winning their own conference?I guess I just think that a 1-loss Alabama or LSU probably goes ahead of OU. A blowout in that game might make that less likely, so we can root for that.I wonder about Arkansas - I think OU goes ahead of them if they both end with 1 loss. The Big 12 computer rankings help a lot.
Want to put ten bucks on it? No way in hell do Alabama and LSU play each other in the national championship game. I'd put money on that if you want to go there.Human polls are two-thirds of the BCS ranking. The voters will not vote for a rematch. They already decided which of the two was better when they played. I think this hurts Oregon as well, though it's obviously different from week 1 to November.In fact - I just did a quick look through of the BCS NCG history and I didn't see anything that stood out to me as a rematch. Which I think goes to my point.06-07 - Ohio St vs Florida when Michigan was higher ranked by the computers and the human polls made sure that there was no rematch

'Instinctive said:
'Tick said:
'Instinctive said:
Want to put ten bucks on it? No way in hell do Alabama and LSU play each other in the national championship game. I'd put money on that if you want to go there.Human polls are two-thirds of the BCS ranking. The voters will not vote for a rematch. They already decided which of the two was better when they played. I think this hurts Oregon as well, though it's obviously different from week 1 to November.In fact - I just did a quick look through of the BCS NCG history and I didn't see anything that stood out to me as a rematch. Which I think goes to my point.06-07 - Ohio St vs Florida when Michigan was higher ranked by the computers and the human polls made sure that there was no rematch
Florida St vs. Florida.

This game has the exact same feel as the first half of the TTech game. OU has just benefited from 2 turnovers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread