What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OKLAHOMA SOONERS FOOTBALL - SEC 12 - 0 *** (4 Viewers)

Results have been in our favor so far today. If ISU could somehow win out that’d be amazing. 
I don't think that was a favorable result.  I think that ideally, we needed a top-5 TCU to beat, then a 1-loss, probably top-10 TCU to beat in the title game.

I don't think that was a favorable result.  I think that ideally, we needed a top-5 TCU to beat, then a 1-loss, probably top-10 TCU to beat in the title game.
If Iowa St wins out (@WVU, OkSt, @Baylor, #farmageddon) they will be in the top ten. They are really good and are a much better team without Park at QB. I didn't watch their OT loss to Iowa, but Park absolutely killed the Cyclones against Texas. If they would have gotten just a slightly below average QB performance in that game they would have won. 

I don't think the rest of the results matter too much - in my opinion it's difficult to see a scenario where OU wins out and doesn't make the playoff, but they are probably more likely to lose twice than to win the rest of them. 

I am not expecting good things this weekend. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Man this has been the most dramatic season in recent memory. Been entertaining as hell for sure. 

I can't believe that 17 years later, TV teams still can't get it through their heads that OU's offense is not going to allow them to do an SEC-style 30 second replay after each play.  Keep up, guys!

bit.ly/OUJordan

On the radio today this was supposed to be revealed later this year, but it got leaked on the sports radio shows here in the OK area.  

don't understand the hype, but if it helps with recruiting ... good for us.    

Went and saw Trae for the first time in person last night. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. The kid is a freaking monster.

OU basketball was my first love as a kid, and the KU '88 title game is still the most disappointed I've ever been by an OU loss in any sport. With the addition of the Thunder and the general decline of college basketball, I've lost a lot of interest over the years. But I'm pretty excited about this team, and I advise you all to not miss out on this kid during his brief time in crimson and cream.

Went and saw Trae for the first time in person last night. Not much to say that hasn't already been said. The kid is a freaking monster.

OU basketball was my first love as a kid, and the KU '88 title game is still the most disappointed I've ever been by an OU loss in any sport. With the addition of the Thunder and the general decline of college basketball, I've lost a lot of interest over the years. But I'm pretty excited about this team, and I advise you all to not miss out on this kid during his brief time in crimson and cream.
NBA scouts seem to think he needs another year to be a top 5 pick guy, hopefully he's around longer than just one year.  I watched him against Wichita State for the first time, he's pretty damn awesome. 

NBA scouts seem to think he needs another year to be a top 5 pick guy, hopefully he's around longer than just one year.  I watched him against Wichita State for the first time, he's pretty damn awesome. 
I would love for it to be the case that he's here another year, but think that's a pipe dream. The kid is ready. He's never going to be an athletic stud, but his game is extremely mature. His passing accuracy is ridiculous. He pinpoints passes to fit perfectly within a shooter's rhythm.

Great season despite MSTOOPS defense.   I just can't imagine how great this team could have been with even a mediocre defense.       

Does anyone else feel that OU went way to conservative in the 2nd half, almost playing to not lose instead of to win?

snellman said:
Does anyone else feel that OU went way to conservative in the 2nd half, almost playing to not lose instead of to win?
I didn't think so. I agree with just about everything Bill Connelly said here.

A buddy just texted me that he heard on the sports animal that Mike Stoops is "walking away". Nothing confirmed yet. 

I didn't think so. I agree with just about everything Bill Connelly said here.

A buddy just texted me that he heard on the sports animal that Mike Stoops is "walking away". Nothing confirmed yet. 
A lot of rumors at this time about M. Stoops.  It is long past due. 

The Oklahoma Sooners football program had won 87 straight games when it established a 17-point lead in any game, at any time. That streak ended Monday in the most dramatic College Football Playoff semifinal since its inception in 2014, and the first double-overtime game in Rose Bowl history.

To add insult to misery, this means the Georgia Bulldogs pulled off the biggest comeback in Rose Bowl history against Oklahoma, fam. The Sooners had gone 61-4 when scoring at least 24 points in the first half of games over the last decade prior to Monday.

To be sure, there were some high-points during the game—particularly when OU was up 31-17 at the half. (Never squib kick again, Lincoln.) Heisman winner Baker Mayfield broke Heisman winner Sam Bradford’s record (4,767) for total offense in season (4,938), and running back Rodney Anderson rushed for over 200 yards against a Bulldog defense that had only allowed two 100-yard rushers all season. But this game was lost because of conservative–even some times cute—play-calling in the second half, and an embarrassing showing by the Sooners defense, which leads me to this:

ONE COACH: FIRE Mike Stoops!

Oklahoma defensive coordinator Mike Stoops insisted on using 3-man fronts in a scheme some people call a 3-4 defense; some call a 3-3-5 defense and what I call a TRAAAAASH! The Sooners gave up over 500 yards of offense, and over 300 yards rushing to a Georgia team that made no secret of its intention to run right into the teeth of Stoops’ front seven (and sometimes front eight).

Even when Stoops chose to load the box with eight men, though, UGA’s offensive line put on its big boy britches and cleared the way for running backs Sony Michel and Nick Chubb to run over the Sooner defensive line and linebackers like a lawnmower over artificial turf, fam. Micheland Chubb carried the ball a combined 25 times for 326 yards—13 yards per carry.

It was painful to watch.

UGA came out in information sets, saw Stoops put three men on the line of scrimmage and then checked to a run where Michel or Chubb careered into the second level and dragged defenders along like wedding car cans on Sooner Road.

Into the third quarter, the question became why did UGA throw the ball at all? Yes, Chubb broke about 9,326 tackles during the game, and the Sooners had three opportunities to wrap Chubb up and put him on the floor during his 50-yard score with 12 minutes and change left in the third.

But an OU defense getting skull-dragged isn’t new with Stoops. In fact, it’s six years old and coming up on first grade.

For the last half-dozen years, we’ve seen Stoops get outcoached. For the last three years, we’ve seen Mayfield become the defensive coordinator by outscoring other teams. And now, it seems, we’re stuck with Stoops for a seventh year after Lincoln Riley gave Stoops a vote of confidence Wednesday morning, according to OUDiehards.com

“Mike is a really good coach. I have a lot of confidence in him, as I do our whole staff,” Riley said. “To do what this staff and this program did this year with all the changes and all that, it’s unprecedented. People better remember that, too.”

No, Lincoln, it ain’t unprecedented, fam.

Getting mollywhopped in the biggest game of the season is no longer unprecedented at Oklahoma. We got beat in the national title game in January 2004. We got beat in the national title game in January 2005. We got beat in the national title game in January 2009. We’ve gotten beat in the semifinal twice in four years, and it ain’t because we can’t score. It’s because we have to outscore. Scoreboard says Georgia 54, Oklahoma 48, Lincoln. At the University of Oklahoma, 48 points ought to win you a football game—unless your defensive coordinator is Mike Stoops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=3&v=TW4As9kmlqQ

1  Sat. Sept. 1  FAU

2  Sat. Sept. 8 UCLA

3  Sat. Sept. 15 at Iowa State

4  Sat. Sept. 22  Army

5  Sat. Sept. 29  Baylor

6  Sat. Oct. 6  Texas

7  Sat. Oct. 13  Bye

8  Sat. Oct. 20  at TCU

9  Sat. Oct. 27  Kansas State

10  Sat. Nov. 3  at Texas Tech

11Sat. Nov. 10  Oklahoma State

12  Sat. Nov. 17  Kansas

13  Fri. Nov. 23  at West Virginia

Will try and see these all of these games with the family. 

Mike Stoops met with Taggert at FSU and was expecting a job offer.  WTF!?   Why would anyone want Mike Stoops?    Looks like OU is stuck with FUMS for at least another season.  

2012-Present Oklahoma (DC)

Top 100 in Total Defense for 6 consecutive seasons with an average YPG of 387.33
First Team AP All-Americans - 0
Consensus All-Americans - 0
First Round Draft Picks - 0
Produced 14 NFL draft picks, 1 (2nd), 2 (3rd), 4 (4th), 1 (5th), 3 (6th), 3 (7th) and multiple successful un-drafted free agents
Helped 2017 Oklahoma team become a top 35 team in TO margin with the most efficient QB in college football history by producing 18 total turnovers (T-70th)
Set 3 school records for most points and yards allowed in a single game on 3 separate occasions
Took the 55th ranked defense in 2011 and converted them into the 65th ranked defense in 2012
Overall Average Ranking Total Defense - 54.2

Key Accomplishments:

Worked for my brother for 15 years
Beat Art Briles in Waco holding Baylor to 34 points
Produced a career best 20th overall Total Defense without Brent Venables in 2013
Produced the 3 worst Total Defenses in Oklahoma history (2012, 2017, 2016)
Currently hold records for the top 4 worst single game Total Defenses in Oklahoma history with a combined average of 731.5 yards per game
Coached 3 of the top 6 worst defensive pass efficiency units (2014, 2016, 2017) in Oklahoma history, tied with the 1995, 1996 and 1997 Oklahoma defenses
Coached 4 of the top 7 all time defenses in points allowed per game in Oklahoma history. (2012, 2014, 2017, 2016) Top 3 are 1969, 1997, 1996.

Key Skills:

Expert at yelling at people
Proficient in tying shoes
Expert at poor prospect evaluation
Expert at teaching improper technique
Expert at developing defensive schemes that can stop any offense in America except the following types: West Coast, Spread, Zone Read, Pro-Style, Wishbone, Triple Option

“Dear Ohio, I hope y’all can let old stuff go. I was planting the flag because I knew I’d be back” -Baker Mayfield

Schedule

Sept. 1: Florida Atlantic, 11 a.m. (FOX)

Sept. 8: UCLA, noon (FOX)

Sept. 15: at Iowa State, 11 a.m. (ESPN/ABC)

Sept. 22: Army, TBD

Sept. 29: Baylor, TBD

Oct. 6: Texas (at Dallas), TBD

Oct. 20: at TCU, TBD

Oct. 27: Kansas State, TBD

Nov. 3: at Texas Tech, TBD

Nov. 10: Oklahoma State, TBD

Nov. 17: Kansas, TBD

Nov. 23 (Friday): at West Virginia, 7 p.m. (ESPN)

Users who are viewing this thread