What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***OFFICIAL OOTP League Sign-up and Discussion*** (1 Viewer)

I think I started loading the rosters from BTTF this year into OOTP 17 but ran into a drafted player who wasn't in the database. I'd be curious to see how the sim compares to what's happening with WIS. 

Of course injuries that happened in-season would play out very differently in OOTP, among other differences. 

OOTP has the rosters as they were at the start of the season and injuries are going to happen randomly once it starts simulating. So Kershaw could end up needing TJ after the first game of the season and guys who missed all or most of the year like Schwarber could be just fine. 

Hmmm not sure I like that. At all.
Yeah OOTP is just a computer game and wouldn't maintain any connection to what's happening in reality as we moved forward with it. That could be good in some ways (more seasons in less time, franchise continuity, etc.) but also will lose appeal for some.

A more direct competitor to WIS would be Strat-O-Matic's Baseball 365. Their Baseball Daily game looks particularly interesting.

Yeah OOTP is just a computer game and wouldn't maintain any connection to what's happening in reality as we moved forward with it. That could be good in some ways (more seasons in less time, franchise continuity, etc.) but also will lose appeal for some.

A more direct competitor to WIS would be Strat-O-Matic's Baseball 365. Their Baseball Daily game looks particularly interesting.
Ill stop by their HQ and ask. :thumbup:  

These Strat options look intriguing.

These Strat options look intriguing.
I made an account over there to check things out a little. Their Baseball 365 regularly costs $19.99, but new customers can get two teams for $14.95. I don't know if that includes the Baseball Daily thing - it's only available in-season.

If we wanted to do something like this instead of WIS Back to the Future, we'd have two options. First is Baseball Daily, which happens in-season. It appears you start with projected stats for each player and they get altered as the season goes on. The other would be like we do BTTF now - we draft before the season, wait it out, then sim after. The upside would probably be a more accurate sim. The downside is that they aren't as prompt as WIS - the 2016 season hasn't been released yet.

There's also a free demo which I may play around with when I have more time.

Spartans Rule said:
I made an account over there to check things out a little. Their Baseball 365 regularly costs $19.99, but new customers can get two teams for $14.95. I don't know if that includes the Baseball Daily thing - it's only available in-season.

If we wanted to do something like this instead of WIS Back to the Future, we'd have two options. First is Baseball Daily, which happens in-season. It appears you start with projected stats for each player and they get altered as the season goes on. The other would be like we do BTTF now - we draft before the season, wait it out, then sim after. The upside would probably be a more accurate sim. The downside is that they aren't as prompt as WIS - the 2016 season hasn't been released yet.

There's also a free demo which I may play around with when I have more time.
Intrigued.

Users who are viewing this thread