What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official Skiing Thread*** (3 Viewers)

Alta snowbird is awesome.
How’s the snow?

Currently at Park City. Snow is mid, as the kids like to say. No cap.
Little sus. But pretty good. It snowed a little last night. We’ll see how today is.
I‘ll look for you from the summit of PC.
Snow much better today. Was lapping 9990 most of the day. Thought I saw a guy in an orangish jacket, in a helmet with a bunch of stickers over at Alta.
That was me, but from mineral basin. Great day!

How’s the snow?

Little sus. But pretty good. It snowed a little last night. We’ll see how today is.
Snow much better today. Was lapping 9990 most of the day. Thought I saw a guy in an orangish jacket, in a helmet with a bunch of stickers over at Alta.
Great day on the PC side, maybe my best day at the resort, ever. Don‘t know the total, but dumping most of the day. Maybe a foot or more?

How was Little Cottonwood?

How’s the snow?

Great day on the PC side, maybe my best day at the resort, ever. Don‘t know the total, but dumping most of the day. Maybe a foot or more?

Same. I was shin to knee deep all day. Spent 90% of it in the trees. It was dumping all day. On my flight home as I type. I’m hella tired. :lmao:

How’s the snow?

Same. I was shin to knee deep all day. Spent 90% of it in the trees. It was dumping all day. On my flight home as I type. I’m hella tired. :lmao:
Yeah, 14” new snow. Mostly tree time as well.

26K vertical for the day, which isn’t a ton, but my legs feel heavy today. Taking off Presidents‘ weekend, before a few days at Vail next week.

ETA Just looked at EpicMix stats. Most I ever logged for a season was 522K vertical, over 17 days. But that was over a decade ago, with recent years 100-300K. Anyone keep track of this stuff?

How’s the snow?

Yeah, 14” new snow. Mostly tree time as well.

26K vertical for the day, which isn’t a ton, but my legs feel heavy today. Taking off Presidents‘ weekend, before a few days at Vail next week.

ETA Just looked at EpicMix stats. Most I ever logged for a season was 522K vertical, over 17 days. But that was over a decade ago, with recent years 100-300K. Anyone keep track of this stuff?
I used to track religiously. Now, I forget most days. I think I got 19k yesterday

Well my binding broke, as the brake screws stripped out of the mounting to the skis. So I’m in the market for new skis + bindings.

I’m an experienced skiers with poor technique, looking for a wide-ish all mountain ski. I ski mostly trees and sidecountry, like steeps, and easy moguls. Powder is great, but I ski a ton of crud as well.

My current ski is an Atomic Automatic, 182 cm with a 108mm waist.

I was thinking something a little shorter and thinner, for greater maneuverability, but still want at least 100 underfoot for pow.

Any suggestions?

Well my binding broke, as the brake screws stripped out of the mounting to the skis. So I’m in the market for new skis + bindings.

I’m an experienced skiers with poor technique, looking for a wide-ish all mountain ski. I ski mostly trees and sidecountry, like steeps, and easy moguls. Powder is great, but I ski a ton of crud as well.

I was thinking something a little shorter and thinner, for greater maneuverability, but still want at least 100 underfoot for pow.

Any suggestions?
you'd probably like the Nordic 100 enforcers. that's what i was skiing on when we skied together(185cm). i bought some 177cm head kore 93s to have a lighter, technical, more playful ski. the enforcers are a beast. drive through anything, but one has to use a lot of power to control them. i wish i had the nordicas on the 3-4" powder day this last trip i found myself making mistakes that the Nordica would overcome for me. on the big powder day, i rented some 108's

Any suggestions?
you'd probably like the Nordic 100 enforcers. that's what i was skiing on when we skied together(185cm). i bought some 177cm head kore 93s to have a lighter, technical, more playful ski. the enforcers are a beast. drive through anything, but one has to use a lot of power to control them. i wish i had the nordicas on the 3-4" powder day this last trip i found myself making mistakes that the Nordica would overcome for me. on the big powder day, i rented some 108's
Those get great reviews on several sites. Thanks for the rec.

Know anything about DPS or Icelantic skis?

Any suggestions?
Those get great reviews on several sites. Thanks for the rec.

Know anything about DPS or Icelantic skis?
nope

Any suggestions?
I think I’m happiest on 4-6” powder days, unless it’s the famed “champagne powder” I experienced once at Steamboat. I also tend to muscle through my bad form, so the Nordicas may be perfect.

Any binding you prefer? For travel purposes, lighter is better. Debating getting something backcountry ready.

Any suggestions?
I think I’m happiest on 4-6” powder days, unless it’s the famed “champagne powder” I experienced once at Steamboat. I also tend to muscle through my bad form, so the Nordicas may be perfect.

Any binding you prefer? For travel purposes, lighter is better. Debating getting something backcountry ready.
i've gone with tyrolia attacks on both of my last skis. color match and the price was right. i'm not setting my din to 14 or anything.

Any suggestions?

same on the powder. anything above my boots makes for a very tiring day

Any suggestions?

i've gone with tyrolia attacks on both of my last skis. color match and the price was right. i'm not setting my din to 14 or anything.
I have (broken) Attacks as well :hifive:

Went up to Truckee for a day of skiing with the family, and the following day stumbled upon a free Ludacris and Eve 6 concert at the World Cup races at Palisades, which we didn't know were happening when we booked this weekend. We went back the following day to watch the slalom races, which was a blast. The people watching might have been more world class than the actual racing. One of the most fun weekends I've had in a while

Users who are viewing this thread