What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Official What Do You Need Tonight Det/NO (1 Viewer)

Up by 45 with Hightower still to play. Opponent has Brees and Megatron. .5 ppr.

Very nervous since Brees and Megatron come to life in primetime and Hightower is still an unproven quantity.

Don't need anything for the week, but Cooks having his every other week 20+ PPR game would put me at the #1 spot in total points for the year which is the real $$$ prize.

Effin David Johnson. Had him on my roster most of the year and kept Ellington instead thinking he'd be number two not realizing of course that when CJ gets hurt that Ellington would get hurt helping CJ sit down. I'd be nicely ahead already if I was smarter.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was up 50 pts before last night. I had AZ kicker, he had D. Johnson, Ertz and AZ defense. Now I'm down 18. Unreal.

Gonna play Calvin over Hightower and pray for 100yds and a TD to win. Not great odds considering he only has 1 game all year over 100 yds.

I need Calvin Johnson to out-score Riddick by 8 pts in a PPR. Friggin' Fitzgerald and Heath Miller put me in this bad spot. :wall:

32 from Stafford to go 6/7 championship games. Thank you David Johnson. Drafted him in all but the one lg. but had to drop him in this one to pick up a qb since we start 2.

Such a wide range of what people need. Might be the most different players listed I've ever seen.

Brees/Stafford

Riddick/Hightower/AA/Spiller

Calvin/Tate/Cooks/Snead

Watson/Ebron

Both K's

14 players.

Very nervous since Brees and Megatron come to life in primetime and Hightower is still an unproven quantity.
Every week they have this thread, I jump in and try to find a really interesting "what you need" to follow. Yours is the one I'm dialing into tonight. This should be fun to follow. Let me know if you are posting in the game thread and I'll ride shotgun with you on your quest.

#1 - Calvin to score less than 46 in PPR. (A. Brown put up 37)

#2 - Stafford to score less than 131.7 :lmao:

#3 - Snead/Forbath to score less than 10.5 (I am likely done here)

Every week they have this thread, I jump in and try to find a really interesting "what you need" to follow. Yours is the one I'm dialing into tonight. This should be fun to follow. Let me know if you are posting in the game thread and I'll ride shotgun with you on your quest.
You didn't want to join my quest? I'm looking for help!

Up 3.5 and Cooks vs. Hightower and PPR.

I'd put my chances at 20%

Hightower needs to get me 13 in PPR after Johnson ####ed me hard last night. 13 from a guy who hopefully sees 15-25 touches on a good offense at home feels doable, but I'm pretty cursed, so apologies to anyone who needs Timmy to play big tonight.

Up 31, so I need Golden Tate and Eric Ebron to hold a lead for me over his Willie Snead and Benjamin Watson. Like my chances but FF can be a funny and cruel game sometimes.

I'm moving on to both of my finals as long as Drew Brees does not repeat his performance from earlier this year against the Giants combined with Stafford/Prater scoring next to nothing in one league and as long as Hightower does not have basically the best FF day ever for a RB in another.

What my rooting interest really is tonight is hoping that Abdullah can somehow outscore Hightower, which would give me a finals matchup with the Eli and possibly suspended OBJ owner instead of the 2 seed and total points leader who has A. Brown and a host of other players that would make him a much tougher opponent on paper.

And, to add to the drama, this is my championship game.

already in 4 superbowls next week but would love to make it 5, don't see it happening....

Up by 5 points in ppr, he has brees and Calvin while I have Watson and cooks.

I need 23 points from either Watson or Snead at my flex.I'm going with Watson and praying for a 2 TD 5/70 type game.Detroit is worse against TE's than WR's,But that thinking screwed me Yesterday,starting Rodgers(and his 1.70 points!) against Oakland in a league,and had W Tye(whom was in my line-up all week until the dreaded last minute switch)and was on my Bench,and lost b/c of it. Watson has Topped 23 points twice this year,praying for a 3rd. Snead hasn't topped 23 points all year. Hope I don't screw my self AGAIN,by choosing wrong.

Abdullah to get 10.1 in PPR.

Doable, but not likely.

This all came about from Johnson going bonkers last night. Stuff happens.

Brees+ Tate under 60 pts in 0.5ppr.

On the less likely side, i can win in my other league with Calvin+ Snead+ Forbath getting about 105.

[SIZE=10.5pt]Looking for a potential fun (for you) and excruciating[/SIZE] [SIZE=10.5pt](for me) quest to join. Lemme invite you on mine![/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Am down 33 with only Brees left. Tie goes to my opponent, so I need 34 points. Here is the scoring system:[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=10.5pt]6pt per TD[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]1pt per 25 yards[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]-2 for interceptions[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]+2 for 60-64% completion percentage[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=10.5pt]+2 more for 65%+ completion percentage[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]So, 300 yards, 3 TDs, 65+% completion percentage gets me to 34 points BUT with interceptions -2 and with the possibility of dropping below the completion percentage mark at any time...it means that I could easily "lose" points any time (even if it’s just due to incompletions!). I put my chances at 35% and will gladly update throughout the game. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]So come and watch me monitor Brees' yards, TDs, interceptions, and completion % throughout the evening. Experience the highs of a first pass completion (100%=+4) and the lows and the second pass incompletion (50%=back to zero)…and don’t even get me started on the promise of an opening drive passing TD/interception. Should be a fun ride![/SIZE]

Looking for a potential fun (for you) and excruciating (for me) quest to join. Lemme invite you on mine!

Am down 33 with only Brees left. Tie goes to my opponent, so I need 34 points. Here is the scoring system:

• 6pt per TD
  • 1pt per 25 yards
  • -2 for interceptions
  • +2 for 60-64% completion percentage
  • +2 more for 65%+ completion percentage
So, 300 yards, 3 TDs, 65+% completion percentage gets me to 34 points BUT with interceptions -2 and with the possibility of dropping below the completion percentage mark at any time...it means that I could easily "lose" points any time (even if its just due to incompletions!). I put my chances at 35% and will gladly update throughout the game.

So come and watch me monitor Brees' yards, TDs, interceptions, and completion % throughout the evening. Experience the highs of a first pass completion (100%=+4) and the lows and the second pass incompletion (50%=back to zero)and dont even get me started on the promise of an opening drive passing TD/interception. Should be a fun ride!
I'm on your side if Cooks gets big yardage and TD points.

Looking for a potential fun (for you) and excruciating (for me) quest to join. Lemme invite you on mine!

Am down 33 with only Brees left. Tie goes to my opponent, so I need 34 points. Here is the scoring system:

• 6pt per TD
  • 1pt per 25 yards
  • -2 for interceptions
So, 300 yards, 3 TDs, 65+% completion percentage gets me to 34 points BUT with interceptions -2 and with the possibility of dropping below the completion percentage mark at any time...it means that I could easily "lose" points any time (even if its just due to incompletions!). I put my chances at 35% and will gladly update throughout the game.

So come and watch me monitor Brees' yards, TDs, interceptions, and completion % throughout the evening. Experience the highs of a first pass completion (100%=+4) and the lows and the second pass incompletion (50%=back to zero)and dont even get me started on the promise of an opening drive passing TD/interception. Should be a fun ride!
Great, we're in it together then!

A) Up by 21.35. Opponent has Calvin

B) Up by 3.12. Opponent has Cooks; I have Riddick

C) Up by 11.06. Opponent has Colston; I have Calvin and Hightower

D) Up by 64.75. Opponent has Hightower and Riddick

E) Up by 12.4. Opponent has Abdullah and Ebron; I have Calvin and Riddick.

F) Down by 27.52. I have Calvin and Cooks. Have Lance Moore on bench in his revenge game. Hmm....

G) Down by 45. Opponent has Brees; I have Calvin, Hightower and Snead (or Watson)

• 6pt per TD
  • 1pt per 25 yards
  • -2 for interceptions

Not a good start. Tirico put the jinx on us early by pointing us Brees as the most accurate QB in the league (he's now 1 of 4 so no cheap completion points for me) and Cooks as the most dangerous weapon on the saints (1 target that he didn't even get his hands on). Not the start we wanted

• 6pt per TD
  • 1pt per 25 yards
  • -2 for interceptions

Not a good start. Tirico put the jinx on us early by pointing us Brees as the most accurate QB in the league (he's now 1 of 4 so no cheap completion points for me) and Cooks as the most dangerous weapon on the saints (1 target that he didn't even get his hands on). Not the start we wanted
Not gonna happen for me tonight. Needed that passing TD to have any chance. Good night boys...see ya next year.

Jesus, I had a 120 pt lead going into SNF, he had David Johnson, Matthew Stafford and Golden Tate to go.

Half a game left for Stafford and Tate, lead has shrunk to 25.

I have Megatron and Ben Watson PLUS 17.80 , and I need to outscore Brees to make the finals in one league.

That could be close.

In another league I have Ben Watson PLUS 44.08 , and I need to outscore Stafford.

Looks like I have a chance in both.(standard leagues)

4 leagues and playoffs in all four, now lets see if I can make it to two finals.

TZM
To think I had Ben Watson + 44.08 in one league vs. Stafford. Seemed like almost a lock, but yet here we are.

Lead is less than 20 (6 pt passing TDs), not a point from Watson and I am feeling a little ill.

So judging from my 2 scenarios, the only way I would likely lose both is if Stafford went absolutely crazy (that is currently going on) and Calvin Johnson is held in check.

AND Ben Watson is apparently asleep on the sidelines doing his part too. :X

All are working just perfect. You got to love it.

TZM

Don't need anything for the week, but Cooks having his every other week 20+ PPR game would put me at the #1 spot in total points for the year which is the real $$$ prize.

Effin David Johnson. Had him on my roster most of the year and kept Ellington instead thinking he'd be number two not realizing of course that when CJ gets hurt that Ellington would get hurt helping CJ sit down. I'd be nicely ahead already if I was smarter.
Cooks with 22 and 1 quarter left, so should get a few more before it's all said and done. That will keep a 4 game streak of 20+ PPR points every other week. Hopefully, he starts trending back up next week.

Deep poop. Up 6. His Brees vs my Hightower. 40 yards away from 300+ bonus. I need a Lions pick or some random draw to Hightower.

Users who are viewing this thread