What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official Yellowjackets Thread *** (1 Viewer)

KarmaPolice

Footballguy
Didn't see a thread, but this is one that I wanted to have a whole thread on as I have questions and my wife and I are done with S1 and I know at least I am obsessed with it.

I will see first if it's even on enough people's rotation since it's on Showtime which I don't think is that popular. For me it checks all the boxes - great acting, a bit messed up, writers have already done a great job of making me like characters I was hating, and each episode gets a couple loud laughs from me. I also know that S2 is in the works, and that the showrunners pitched a 5 season idea from the jump, which crosses off my usual hangups with shows.

I :wub: Misty.

:popcorn:

Reactions: KGB
Should be a 5 year series. They were missing for 19 months and seem to be about 2-3 months in. Took long enough for a few to try to leave. Get to high ground or follow the stream - pick a path. Tried to play up the 'Lost' feel where the mountains don't want them to leave.

I wasn't paying attention to the credits for actors, so it took me a few episodes before I realized it was Christina Ricci playing Misty. She plays the odd girl role so well. So much for that 'how do I get out of the reporter situation'. Reporter hired by rich people - who?

Unsure how Juliette Lewis' character could afford the expensive car. She seemed to have lost everything before rehab (that was paid for by the politician).

Lotti, the mystic, becomes the leader. Had the knifey wifey and the wolf-eaten face girl as sidekicks at the season ender. Lotti was unseen as an adult, but apparently has the 'suicide' older brother's bank money.

Politician apparently 'sleep walks' and self-destroys her family unit (kid's doll, puppy, and that altar). Stress apparently triggered her by the election. But stress from Ivy League colleges and she was a lawyer, right? Didn't trigger.

Will knifey wifey and prom king's love child have a darker side? Womb effects of ingesting fermented berries, psychedelic shrooms, grubs, and likely blood. Mommy enduring so many stress hormones. Seeing the changes in the parents as not normal.

As adults, didn't see yet:
- popular girl / team captain (season ender)
- wolf girl
- coach
- little brother
- mystic (only referenced her)
- the handful of non-headliners / probably Enterprise red jackets to push the story forward later

i didn't go back to re-watch the episode where someone goes face first into the pit of stakes.

- who made the original symbol on the tree by the plane? Could have been attic guy, I guess.

Went into the series blind, I expected a Lord of the Flies type show. Did not expect the adults portion of it. Will watch season 2.

Should be a 5 year series. They were missing for 19 months and seem to be about 2-3 months in. Took long enough for a few to try to leave. Get to high ground or follow the stream - pick a path. Tried to play up the 'Lost' feel where the mountains don't want them to leave.

I wasn't paying attention to the credits for actors, so it took me a few episodes before I realized it was Christina Ricci playing Misty. She plays the odd girl role so well. So much for that 'how do I get out of the reporter situation'. Reporter hired by rich people - who?

Unsure how Juliette Lewis' character could afford the expensive car. She seemed to have lost everything before rehab (that was paid for by the politician).

Lotti, the mystic, becomes the leader. Had the knifey wifey and the wolf-eaten face girl as sidekicks at the season ender. Lotti was unseen as an adult, but apparently has the 'suicide' older brother's bank money.

Politician apparently 'sleep walks' and self-destroys her family unit (kid's doll, puppy, and that altar). Stress apparently triggered her by the election. But stress from Ivy League colleges and she was a lawyer, right? Didn't trigger.

Will knifey wifey and prom king's love child have a darker side? Womb effects of ingesting fermented berries, psychedelic shrooms, grubs, and likely blood. Mommy enduring so many stress hormones. Seeing the changes in the parents as not normal.

As adults, didn't see yet:
- popular girl / team captain (season ender)
- wolf girl
- coach
- little brother
- mystic (only referenced her)
- the handful of non-headliners / probably Enterprise red jackets to push the story forward later

i didn't go back to re-watch the episode where someone goes face first into the pit of stakes.

- who made the original symbol on the tree by the plane? Could have been attic guy, I guess.

Went into the series blind, I expected a Lord of the Flies type show. Did not expect the adults portion of it. Will watch season 2.
Going to add my own questions later, but had some feedback on yours:

As to the first bolded, I think there was already talk that they would have been in college at a certain point, so I think they are farther in the timeline. I took is as the plane crashing in April/May if they are getting into college and the season is winding down. Then there was talk about college or rush week if they weren't trapped there- something. So I assumed they were getting to Sept or later by Ep10.

The end of the season the 3 were: Lotti, Misty, and wolf-eaten face girl. Knifey wifey (Shauna) was not one of the 3 (but I am pretty sure all the main women besides Natalie end up in the clan).

Pretty sure Callie is not the OG baby Shauna is pregnant with on the show. I remember seeing a pic later of her and Jeff and Shauna post events of the crash, and she is pregnant in that picture.

Thanks for the @. The wife and I were obsessed with this show back when it aired but attempts at discussion drummed up little interest in the Netflix thread. I followed theories on Reddit, listened to podcasts, was pretty-much all in, but now I can't recall a ton of details so will definitely need to re-watch before the new season comes out. I do remember being worried that it was going to peter out, but was pleasantly surprised by how they tied things together. I mean, it wasn't an A-plus ending for S1, but it was still solid and I'm gonna be parked in front of TV for S2E1.

I enjoyed Season 1, but I'll need a big recap of it when Season 2 starts as I don't remember a lot of it already. It doesn't feel like a show that needs to go five seasons, but we'll see.

Group rewatch of Season 1!!!

Let's do it, ladies and gentlemen.

Just started tonight!
Being literal that it's a rewatch for you?

Actually, first watch. Wife and I were looking for a new show and saw it on a list of bingeworthy series. Didn’t know much about it other than it involved a soccer team in a plane crash and then their future selves dealing with the past. Had we known how dark it was going to be, I’m sure my wife would have passed. But after the first episode, she was hooked!

Just started tonight!

Actually, first watch. Wife and I were looking for a new show and saw it on a list of bingeworthy series. Didn’t know much about it other than it involved a soccer team in a plane crash and then their future selves dealing with the past. Had we known how dark it was going to be, I’m sure my wife would have passed. But after the first episode, she was hooked!
Good to know,I will keep my mouth shut as you watch it then. Did you enjoy it as much as she did?

Just started tonight!

Good to know,I will keep my mouth shut as you watch it then. Did you enjoy it as much as she did?

Watched the first two episodes and I am so hooked. I love the take on the genre and the actors (both age groups) so far are really, really superb.

Just started tonight!

Watched the first two episodes and I am so hooked. I love the take on the genre and the actors (both age groups) so far are really, really superb.
Awesome, welcome aboard!

Can't wait to talk more theories and questions as you go.

Just started tonight!

Awesome, welcome aboard!

One of the things I like is how they introduce the older characters slowly and keep you guessing as to whether the others are alive or die at some point on the mountain. Well constructed. And as much as I want to look up some of the younger actors on IMDB to see what else they’ve done, I’m refraining so I don’t stumble across actor listings for “older” and “younger” versions of a character.

And I don’t know whether it’s intended to be comic relief, but in the second episode, I laugh every time they show Van (?) after she escapes the fire and she has a super pissed off scowl on her face.

Just started tonight!

Awesome, welcome aboard!

One of the things I like is how they introduce the older characters slowly and keep you guessing as to whether the others are alive or die at some point on the mountain. Well constructed. And as much as I want to look up some of the younger actors on IMDB to see what else they’ve done, I’m refraining so I don’t stumble across actor listings for “older” and “younger” versions of a character.

And I don’t know whether it’s intended to be comic relief, but in the second episode, I laugh every time they show Van (?) after she escapes the fire and she has a super pissed off scowl on her face.
I would for sure stay away from stuff like that or Yellowjackets news until you finish the rest of S2. I have seen casting news that would for sure point you in directions that would spoil the story a bit in that way. I agree how well done that aspect is, and to tell you the truth, I am still not sure 100% who lives and dies in the woods.

I think the dark humor is too frequent to be an accident. At least a couple times an episode I found myself laughing at things like that. Most of it revolved around Misty, but there are other gems in there.

I guess I watch too many shows now because I saw this one earlier this year and do not remember much of it. I like it and will definitely be in for S2, so I will likely re-watch S1 right before 2 begins.

Just binge watched S1 a couple weeks ago. Cant wait for S2. I didnt realize there were opposing clans. I just thought they all decided to start eating people but thats not how it ended.

Am I crazy or did they add characters in the cabin?

And speaking of crazy every person on this show is absolutely insane.

Am I crazy or did they add characters in the cabin?

And speaking of crazy every person on this show is absolutely insane.
I can't remember :lol:, but I was happy when I saw that Lauren Ambrose was added to the cast for S2; I loved her in Six Feet Under.

Users who are viewing this thread