What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Oh boy (1 Viewer)

Pretty sure this is gonna suck. Will give it a go though
Guessing it's probably not going to be a continuation of the original but a reboot instead. If they can come close to the balance of writing and acting from the original, I'll give it time to find its footing. I only hope it doesn't break my nostalgia meter like Top Gun: Maverick did.
Magnum PI is rolling in his grave
Too soon!

Guessing it's probably not going to be a continuation of the original but a reboot instead. If they can come close to the balance of writing and acting from the original, I'll give it time to find its footing. I only hope it doesn't break my nostalgia meter like Top Gun: Maverick did.
Too soon!
I don’t acknowledge that abomination

NBC has not made a good tv show in a long time, imo parks and rec was the last one and that premiered 14 years ago, this will probably be awful.

Too soon!
I don’t acknowledge that abomination
I like it.

I thought it was pretty good. The leap story was certainly underdeveloped, but it had to be so they could squeeze in an adequate amount of backstory on the project, with this being the series premiere and all. I’ll keep watching for now.

Caught the premier last night, not sure how I feel, but since that's how the first iteration started, I'm still in.
First, the inconsequential: I don't see St. Elmo's Fire and The Goonies ever being shown together as a double feature. Research department needs some work.
Second, Ernie Hudson's character's nickname is Magic. Guess we'll get to see that leap from a different perspective.
Finally, I will gloat forever when it's revealed that the fiance/observer is Sam Beckett's daughter. I will also be a little sad; I can't criticize Top Gun Maverick for including Goose's kid and give this show a pass.
ps: Wouldn't mind them getting Bruce McGill back, though.

Anybody sticking with it so far? It has been entertaining and an interesting story thread throughout. I am sticking with it so far.

Anybody sticking with it so far? It has been entertaining and an interesting story thread throughout. I am sticking with it so far.
It starts too late at night for me, but I did catch the latest episode this week. Still hoping the storytelling tightens up. Didn't like the amount of camera time the folks at HQ are getting, makes it feel like they're rushing to tell two stories at once when they should focus on telling one story better. Can't judge by one episode, but I hope they move off that formula.

NBC has not made a good tv show in a long time, imo parks and rec was the last one and that premiered 14 years ago, this will probably be awful.
You either (1) forgot about it or (2) have no taste, but The Good Place (2016-2020) a great NBC show (and IMHO much better than Parks & Recreation as The Good Place's 1st season was stellar while P&R started out terribly) .

I encourage any show about dead lawyers.

Did I get that right? Because Ted Danson is an awfully tough hurdle.

Never mind, I see she's a pharmaceutical saleswoman mistaken for a lawyer.

Good. Get 'em all in the net, I say.

Anybody remember the Cosby show episode where Lisa Bonet's boyfriend is attempting to quote Shakespeare and says "First, kill all lawyers..." and the show goes from there.

I thought he had such a promising start.

I'm kidding, by the way. I know so many people in the law that it'd be a great loss if they were lost.

There. Let's back to Quantum Leap, not NBC's past and lawyer jokes.

Users who are viewing this thread