What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

ONCE AGAIN IT'S HAPPENING TOMORROW!- 7a - Neighborhood Yard Sale (1 Viewer)

also, just realized I have a case of phony silver plated flatware that may be 50 years old.  it's tarnished, but maybe some is in for 25-.

True story:

Got a vasectomy 7 years ago, so we had a massive garage sale to sell all the stuff we had. I had two boys, so tons of clothes, toys, dressers, bouncy seats - all of it. We ended up selling about $900 worth of crap.

Fast forward about 60 days, wife comes home from a doctors appointment.......wait for it............pregnant!  (it was mine. had the one in a million)

So, the moral of the story is: in about 60 days your wife is gonna be pregnant with a fat italian cowboy wearing a deep fryer. good luck. :thumbup:

True story:

Got a vasectomy 7 years ago, so we had a massive garage sale to sell all the stuff we had. I had two boys, so tons of clothes, toys, dressers, bouncy seats - all of it. We ended up selling about $900 worth of crap.

Fast forward about 60 days, wife comes home from a doctors appointment.......wait for it............pregnant!  (it was mine. had the one in a million)

So, the moral of the story is: in about 60 days your wife is gonna be pregnant with a fat italian cowboy wearing a deep fryer. good luck. :thumbup:
:lmao:

True story:

TL;DR

DA RAIDERS said:
garage sales are the ####### worst.  you will be chiseled beyond your deepest fears.  maybe it's different where you live, but here, the worst possible humans come out for garage sales. i'd rather burn my crap than have another garage sale.

35/45 for the fitbit, 10 for glasses, tops.  boots won't sell at a price you're cool with.
Last year we were selling clothes for $1-$3 each item. Some nice stuff too. Some still with tags and people would want to haggle. 

The best was was a few years ago a guy came and just offered a lump sum for everything. 

We will never have another. 

Last year we were selling clothes for $1-$3 each item. Some nice stuff too. Some still with tags and people would want to haggle. 

The best was was a few years ago a guy came and just offered a lump sum for everything. 

We will never have another. 
Lump sum for everything? I assume you took it?

True story:

I assume you used the $900 on the DNA test?

Chemical X said:
I am ready to ditch my crapola............join me here tomorrow as I live update the people, the haggling and the junk peddled.

some of the nicer things; fitbit alta, chanel sunglasses, leather cowboy boots purchased in italy

some of the crappier things; used deep fryer, non functioning poulan blower, la machine food processor (gift at wife's wedding shower - we are married 26 years).

also selling my mom's collection of manic depressive costume jewelry.

:pickle:
How did I miss this, could have got me some stuff.  

I hate garage sales. I hate thrift stores. Heck, i hate the dollar stores that are everywhere. So last year when my wife decided we were going to have a garage sale, I was super pissed. I couldn't stand the idea of people actually being invited onto our property to haggle for our stuff, which I paid good money for. But at the end of the day, when my wife made over $400.00 in 6 hours, I sort of didn't mind the idea at all. 

Chemical X said:
better be O.............the boots cost me 210 euro and I am starting them at 125-.  high for a yard sale, but some confederate flag waving yahoo down here is bound to offer me 100-....never been worn and they stink like suckling calf.

asking 50- for the fitbit and sunglasses.  I am thinking all 3 for 150- minimum.

if we have high Mexican traffic, most of my junk will be sold.  I need the bitty weekend yard salers to gobble up the decent stuff.

also selling lawn chairs at 5- a pop and zero gravity recliners at 10-.

I am hoping to total around 200- pesos (I know the conversion).
Easy money.

garage sales are the ####### worst. I'm amazed the manatee gave you that much for the Fitbit. 

Anybody try to get something that's 25 cents down to a dime?
some people haggled hard, others just rolled over and took the price.  I considered my items junk.....but one man's trash.

I went into this knowing every item will likely be haggled.  some of you guys act like a yard sale is a high end retail operation.  once this crap leaves my house, it likely isn't coming back in.

except for the discerning boots.

I hate garage sales. I hate thrift stores. Heck, i hate the dollar stores that are everywhere. So last year when my wife decided we were going to have a garage sale, I was super pissed. I couldn't stand the idea of people actually being invited onto our property to haggle for our stuff, which I paid good money for. But at the end of the day, when my wife made over $400.00 in 6 hours, I sort of didn't mind the idea at all. 
Yeah but how much did she make from the garage sale?

True story:

Insurance wouldn't cover it so you needed a garage sale to pay for a vasectomy? Or did I miss the whole point?

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread