What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

One Hundred Pushups (1 Viewer)

IN

Question on the initial test.... Are you supposed to see how many you can do consecutively or are you supposed to see how many you can pull off with a little rest in between?
Frank, looks like you're getting confused by the program as your Day 1, week 1 recording is 25/15/14.

Then realized your 25/15/14 = 54 which is what you put at your initial max. Doesn't work like that.

Initial max is a one time, how many can you do all at once (not adding up 3 reps). Do your initial max today and start the Day 1, week 1 program accordingly on Monday with sets of...

10/10/8/6/# of max.

And then follow the program as it's outlined thereafter.
Right. That pisses me off. I could have gone way past 30 had I not rested. Oh well, I guess it'll be easier to get to 100 consecutive. I will update the google page

Is it bad that at age 20 I'm already reminiscing about my high school years during cross country and track seasons when I used to do 50 in a clip...

I just hit the floor and barely managed 25. I'm very very in. That was pathetic.

just a suggestion, but you might want to try varying the types of pushups you do, which will help increase the intensity and work different body parts. Try adding:

Decline Push-ups (increase intensity and difficulty)

One-legged pushups (help work the core)

close grip push ups (triceps)

when doing decline push-ups you can start with a slight decline and eventually you should be able to work your way up to a larger incline

IN. I'll start tomorrow or Monday. I just recently started lifting again, so I'll do pushups rather than bench and see what happens.

ETA: Decided to see my initial max tonight. After an hour on the elliptical and about a 5 minute rest I was able to crank out 29 pushups.

Last edited by a moderator:
just a suggestion, but you might want to try varying the types of pushups you do, which will help increase the intensity and work different body parts. Try adding:Decline Push-ups (increase intensity and difficulty)One-legged pushups (help work the core)close grip push ups (triceps)when doing decline push-ups you can start with a slight decline and eventually you should be able to work your way up to a larger incline
Ever try Austrailians?...that's what we called them, anyway.

IN, but just ate a bunch of icecream. Guess I'll do the initial max on Sunday and start the program Monday.

ETA: Initial test did 35. Kind of surprised myself.

I'll give it a try. I have been wanting to get in better shape and this looks like a good way to do so.

I took my initial test today and did 18 push ups. I will update the google spreadsheet with my info and then start Week 1 on Monday.

In and will start tomorrow. Initial max test today.

10/20/30/40

100 pushups in 4 sets.

Once you do that, repeat the last set or keep escalating. Reps build fast. If you cant get close, do what you can, then do 100 against the stairs.

44yo and I did 44. Took a lot out of me though. Hopefully I can get to 45 before I turn 45 :confused:

I'm in and will start tomorrow. Did my test today and got 25. I'm pretty sure my form is good, but I definitely rushed them. I'll try to do them more slowly when I'm on the program.

The chances of making to Ol' Mexico? Sounds like the test of all tests to me....I'm in.

Max of 23. I used to do three sets of 100 back when I was 18. I would love to get there once now (36 yrs old).

Oooooof. I knew I wasn't in the shape I used to be 6 months ago (football 4 times a week + gym 3 or 4 times a week) when I used to do 70 push-ups with almost 10 pounds more but 10/10/8/6/40?? :bag: That hurts...

I guess my number wouldn't have been higher had I not been focusing on technique that much but still...

Hey Vrana, I think you should add a column to list ages. I'd be curious about that too.

ETA: I might have to push back my day 1. Woke up with a hitch in my giddyup. Seeing my chiro this afternoon. Will have to see how I feel tonight.

I'm in for this. I'd be interested in a similar program for sit-ups in the off days. I wonder if the schedule could translate over to abs.

some of you guys are in great shape. did the 10/10/8/6/barely got to max 7 :lmao: . wish me luck on D2.

Hey Vrana, I think you should add a column to list ages. I'd be curious about that too.
I took the liberty of adding in an age column to the right of our names. Hopefully Vrana is cool with that...if not, feel free to delete.

some of you guys are in great shape. did the 10/10/8/6/barely got to max 7 :lmao: . wish me luck on D2.
Dude, great effort...who cares what it's at now. It's what you can do in 6 weeks that counts.Not to be nitpicky, but noticed that your max test was 7. If that is the case than you should be starting out at the next tier down for your rep numbers. Should be doing..7/7/5/4/max out.Just thought I'd point out before you got too far into it and realized it then.

I'll be doing Day 1 after work. Love that I'm listed at 6'12 and 647 lbs. :lmao:

Height: 6'2

Weight: ~200 (scale at home needs new battery, should be close but may be a little high)

I'll be doing Day 1 after work. Love that I'm listed at 6'12 and 647 lbs. :wub:Age: 33Height: 6'2Weight: ~200 (scale at home needs new battery, should be close but may be a little high)
You also may want to take a closer look at what is listed for your name. Someone took some liberty with "Badger".

some of you guys are in great shape. did the 10/10/8/6/barely got to max 7 :wub: . wish me luck on D2.
Dude, great effort...who cares what it's at now. It's what you can do in 6 weeks that counts.Not to be nitpicky, but noticed that your max test was 7. If that is the case than you should be starting out at the next tier down for your rep numbers. Should be doing..7/7/5/4/max out.Just thought I'd point out before you got too far into it and realized it then.
i did a retest over the weekend and got to 14. should change it now. this is what happens when u sit on your ### for years and not work out.

I took the liberty of adding in an age column to the right of our names. Hopefully Vrana is cool with that...if not, feel free to delete.
Cool. Didn't realize we had the ability to edit columns.
This is a great idea. :wub:I really wanted this to be a community thing, so I have no problem with people editing the spreadsheet if it betters it.

Cool. Didn't realize we had the ability to edit columns.
This is a great idea. :lmao:I really wanted this to be a community thing, so I have no problem with people editing the spreadsheet if it betters it.
My guess is that there will be some editing that won't better it.

What the heck - Il'l try this tonight. Should be good and ready to give it a try after the softball game tonight.

I predict I can do about 25 before my shoulder falls off and I have chest pains. So, should be fun.

Added myself to the google list. 6'6'' 300. Just looks wierd. I really should have played football....

I do them at work. around 8 or 9 i whip out 25-30

then around 10 I whip out another 20-25

same thing around 2pm

same thing around 3:30

5 days a week, rest on sat-sun.

considering I don't lift weights anymore this is good. In just 3 weeks my chest is noticeably tighter and the best benefit of this is my gut has shrunk a lot, as this works your core muscles. The first week my abs were killing me. Not now.

it feels good to do this, its quick and straightforward and you are giving your body a good future as you strengthen your core muscles, this will help your back and your posture as we get older (think 50 and older)

I do them at work. around 8 or 9 i whip out 25-30then around 10 I whip out another 20-25same thing around 2pmsame thing around 3:305 days a week, rest on sat-sun.considering I don't lift weights anymore this is good. In just 3 weeks my chest is noticeably tighter and the best benefit of this is my gut has shrunk a lot, as this works your core muscles. The first week my abs were killing me. Not now.it feels good to do this, its quick and straightforward and you are giving your body a good future as you strengthen your core muscles, this will help your back and your posture as we get older (think 50 and older)
Does anyone ever walk by your office when your doing this?

Embarrassing, but it looks like I'm going to be the first one to repeat a day. I'm not feeling well, and I just couldn't pound out day 2. I look at the spreadsheet and see people twice my age pounding 10 gazillion, and I can't do day 2.

Oh well, I'll keep trying until I get it.

I do them at work. around 8 or 9 i whip out 25-30then around 10 I whip out another 20-25same thing around 2pmsame thing around 3:305 days a week, rest on sat-sun.considering I don't lift weights anymore this is good. In just 3 weeks my chest is noticeably tighter and the best benefit of this is my gut has shrunk a lot, as this works your core muscles. The first week my abs were killing me. Not now.it feels good to do this, its quick and straightforward and you are giving your body a good future as you strengthen your core muscles, this will help your back and your posture as we get older (think 50 and older)
Does anyone ever walk by your office when your doing this?
Where I work it's a ton of cubes and there are a group of guys that do pushups in the middle of them all day long. WhileI applaud them for their committment to staying healthy I kind of question the "where" considering we we have a small gym in the office.

Users who are viewing this thread