What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Op-Ed About Recent American Elections And Legitimacy Claims By Jim Geraghty Of National Review (1 Viewer)

When

Richard

Nixon

handles a potential constitutional crisis better than you did, it's time to admit that you screwed up and quit looking around for some other nimrod who screwed up even worse.  
Gore should have never conceeded the first time and whowever convinced him to was an idiot.  Im sure Nixon wanted to fight in the beginning but when your own party comes to you and tells you its over.....there really wasnt a decision and it would have been a PARTY crisis not a constitutional crisis.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Maybe my old brain is hallucinating the memory of those droves of Gore lawyers descending on Florida...
That was before state certification and before SCOTUS ruling.  After that?  Gore conceded and didn't continue ranting about a stolen election.
I don't understand the Al Gore comparison by Republicans. If you think Al Gore was in the wrong -- as most Republicans do, I would hope -- then why isn't your hate/contempt/derision 20x stronger for what Trump did?

You can't have it both ways. (Unless you're cynically disingenuous with no honest political positions except to defeat the other side, that is.)

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't understand the Al Gore comparison by Republicans. If you think Al Gore was in the wrong -- as most Republicans do, I would hope -- then why isn't your hate/contempt/derision 20x stronger for what Trump did?

You can't have it both ways. (Unless you're cynically disingenuous with no honest political positions except to defeat the other side, that is.)
I think that's the whole point of the article.   Both Republicans and Democrats have a history of hypocrisy.

You're assuming that I approve of DJT's tactics of claiming voting malfeasance.  

Terrible assumption, BTW.

Nope you’re not hallucinating. But the difference is that at the end of the day Gore conceded and congratulated Bush. He didn’t refuse to concede, refuse to go to the inauguration, and give rallies 6 months later demanding further recounts. 
I think this is the big sticking point.  Gore conceding and congratulating Bush automatically makes the Party narrative "Bush won".    "Selected, Not Elected" commentary will always pop up here and there.....but the Party and the man who lost is saying "It is over. It is legit".

Trump could go a long way in healing this country simply by saying "Joe Biden Won.  I lost. I concede".  His refusal would push people on his side to do the same.  It might be the biggest thing harming this country today.  

Users who are viewing this thread