What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

OP-ED: Why The GOP Should Not Support Trump For POTUS 2024 (9/30/21 00:50 PST) (1 Viewer)

There are a lot of people like it though.  And the reason you don’t see them defending current “conservative” policy is that so much of it isn’t what once was conservative.  Trump’s version of the GOP is not what such people are interested in.  That was clear in the primaries in 2016.  It was clear during his term…and clear again in the election las year.

Its why people are saying they can’t  go back to this version of the GOP.

And yes…a majority of my voting life was spent voting for conservatives.

Bush, McCain…Lamar Alexander.  Several governors in TN.   
The current two senators? 
I’ll bite.  So what are your core beliefs that make you align with those Republicans that current Republicans don’t have?   Who would you vote for if it was Romney vs. Biden or Harris in 2024?

I’ll bite.  So what are your core beliefs that make you align with those Republicans that current Republicans don’t have?   Who would you vote for if it was Romney vs. Biden or Harris in 2024?
Free and fair trade.

Fiscal conservatism not just when a dem is in control.

Not bowing down to the nationalist movement.

The current overall party...and party here in TN...has pushed to the Trump side.  One that does not align with much of anything I have ever been.

In your scenario...Romney.  He is not a Trump Republican.  And I have been disappointed in Biden and was never a fan of Harris.  Id prefer a Kasich, Sasse type...but would be perfectly fine with Romney in such a situation.

Last Week in the Republican Party

Honest question.  Is that the Republican Party?  It's certainly the Republican Party that's conveyed to me by the media.  Should I want to vote for that?  Because I won't.  It's crazy.  It's hateful.  It's gross.  I will never vote for that.  So if the Republicans want my vote in 2024, it better be for a message other than what's on that film.  

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Week in the Republican Party

Honest question.  Is that the Republican Party?  It's certainly the Republican Party that's conveyed to me by the media.  Should I want to vote for that?  Because I won't.  It's crazy.  It's hateful.  It's gross.  I will never vote for that.  So if the Republicans want my vote in 2024, it better be for a message other than what's on that film.  
It serves China and China only as she points  to a symbol that was used on a flag representing the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If the argument is that Trump can't win, then I suggest that Republican legislatures in battleground states are gearing up to disqualify vote counts from their blue districts to make sure he does. I don't know if they'd do the same on behalf of another candidate.

Mile High said:
It serves China and China only as she points  to a symbol that was used on a flag representing the Communist Party of the Soviet Union. 
seriously. doesn’t she at least have a staff?

Not sure that any president has been perfect and certainly some have been less stellar than others.

I think it is a tough job.

I think outcomes matter more than what we think of the candidate as a person.

Users who are viewing this thread