What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Over and Under this past week, point spreads and the impact on low scoring games in FF (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
KC-DET
AZ-WAS
CAR-ATL
CLE-CIN
BAL-HOU
TN-NO
SF-PIT
TB-MN

That's the first 8 out of 9 games

LV-DEN
LAR-SEA
DAL-NYG
PHI-NE, not sure about that one

But it's like 12 of 14 games so far have plunged UNDER
-I bet there is a lot of overreaction to Week 1 in FF when the games were largely low scoring up and down the board minus a couple of games.
Yes/No?

Example
Hill 11-200+ and 2TDs
Waddle 4/78 and you hear belly aching

Hill was left basically 1 on 1 all day, think that's gonna happen next week up in Foxsboro?
Wait until Hill is double and tripled and Tua has to win the game with his 2nd, 3rd and 4th WR, after yesterday I do think he is capable of throwing it to anyone
Week 2 is going to make folks realize they might have overreacted to a lot of NFL games that came in UNDER and we might see higher scores next week and more role players being involved.
MIA-LAC not the best example since high scoring game.

Cle-Cin...think Bengals score 3 all season?

Example
Hill 11-200+ and 2TDs
Waddle 4/78 and you hear belly aching

Hill was left basically 1 on 1 all day, think that's gonna happen next week up in Foxsboro?
Wait until Hill is double and tripled and Tua has to win the game with his 2nd, 3rd and 4th WR, after yesterday I do think he is capable of throwing it to anyone
Week 2 is going to make folks realize they might have overreacted to a lot of NFL games that came in UNDER and we might see higher scores next week and more role players being involved.
MIA-LAC not the best example since high scoring game.

Cle-Cin...think Bengals score 3 all season?
I barely heard a peep about how Cle has dominated Cinn lately. If they are doing that, it’s because of the D and Chubb. There were a lot of crummy matchups also.

This is not really a surprise.

Scoring was down last year too, way down. Consensus opinion at the end of last season was that it was due to a combination of the new Cover schemes deployed by defenses, underachieving offensive lines, and a change of the guard at QB from the Brady/Manning/Brees days to what we have now.

I brought this up early this offseason as a point of consideration people should look at when doing projections, but like most non-player specific threads, it was bumped off the front page quickly.

I projected overall offenses to bounce back a little bit from last year, but not a ton.

Users who are viewing this thread