What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Owner Issue: Opinions Needed (1 Viewer)

everydayj

Footballguy
I'm the commish of a fairly long standing keeper league. The owner in question has been part of the league for about five years. He's never been the most skilled owner out there, but he's very passionate about the league despite his lack of ability.

This year, he kept Matt Ryan for $16 and Arian Foster for $60 out of a $200 budget. He showed up to the draft about three minutes late only to find that Ray Rice had been auto-drafted on his team for another $53.

Upon entering into the draft, he asked via chat why Ray Rice was on his team for that amount. I answered that he autodrafted him since he wasn't present.

The guy stays in the draft, but continues to complain about Ray RIce. I apologize and tell him that if he's not there, he's going to autodraft. He grumbles a bit. People tell him that if he doesn't like Ray Rice, he can trade him. He says no. That he's not likely going to stay in the league now.

He then bids $51 on Russell Wilson. This leaves him for about a dollar for every player. He doesn't make another pick. He just lets the ESPN autodrafter fill his team with every back-up WR/TE in the league.

I checked my email after the draft. He sent me an email questioning why Ray Rice was on his team for that much. Thirteen minutes after the draft, he says that he quit.

I found a new owner within five minutes that's part of a baseball league that a bunch of the owners is in. He's highly competitive in comparison to the old owner.

The guy who screwed the draft writes me an email apologizing profusely. Admits that he screwed up. Admits that he threw out the $51 bid for Russell Wilson out of spite, basically acting like a two year old. I woke up to an email thread this morning where he continues to apologize to the league and beg for forgiveness saying that he only acted out so much because he felt like we were trying to screw him by bidding up Ray Rice. He says that he's willing to stay with his team and try and make it competitive (which he likely could do with a few trades).

Question is, boot this guy for completely screwing the league at the draft and saying that he quit? Accept his apology and let him back in? Or allow this new owner to simply take his place?

He screwed himself twice. Being late and quitting.

Email him that you replaced him already and if there are any openings in the future you will let him know.

I'm normally all for second chances, but once a guy messes with the draft, he's done and gone in my opinion. That's not a "oh crap, I didn't mean to leave that injured kicker in my lineup" sort of offense. Messing with the draft effects the whole season and every team in the grand competitive balance of it all. That's not someone you want in your league.

did you guys bid up Rice knowing he would be "stuck" with the player at that price since he was not there (collusion)?

If so, you should consider bringing him back in since it was the league that screwed with him even though he was late.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm normally all for second chances, but once a guy messes with the draft, he's done and gone in my opinion. That's not a "oh crap, I didn't mean to leave that injured kicker in my lineup" sort of offense. Messing with the draft effects the whole season and every team in the grand competitive balance of it all. That's not someone you want in your league.
i think you as commish handled this poorly.... if this guy has been a good owner for 5 years.... why wasn't the draft paused for a few minutes to allow him to arrive? did you try and contact him when you were getting close to draft time and he still wasnt online? he should have tried to contact you as well. i know as commish you really shouldnt have to babysit everyone... but a simple phone call and pausing the draft for 5 minutes could have avoided all this.

i would let him stay in the league... provided he pays his entry fee and lives with the team as is (even though he has a $51 russell wilson)

he didnt really screw the draft, he just screwed himself... he got pissed and acted stupidly.... again if you've been in this league for a while, why wasn't the draft paused or some allowances made? why aren't you calling or why isnt he calling... very odd to be honest with me.

In my 2 long time leagues, we've paused for a few minutes to let everyone join.... or if someone dropped out injt he middle of the draft the draft was paused immediately to allow for whatever technical problems were going on to be resolved. The draft is too important to everyone (especially in long time leagues) to act so impatiently. so the whole situation just seems like everyone in your league is very shortsighted just my two cents

i think you as commish handled this poorly.... if this guy has been a good owner for 5 years.... why wasn't the draft paused for a few minutes to allow him to arrive? did you try and contact him when you were getting close to draft time? he should have tried to contact you as well. i know as commish you really shouldnt have to babysit everyone... but a simple phone call and pausing the draft for 5 minutes could have avoided all this.

i would let him stay in the league... provided he pays his entry fee and lives with the team as is (even though he has a $51 russell wilson)

he didnt realyl screw the draft, he just screwed himself... again if you've been int his league fora while, why wasn't the draft paused or some allowances made? why aren't you calling or why isnt he calling... very odd to be honest with me.

In my 2 long time leagues, we've paused for a few minutes to let everyone join.... so the whole situation just seems like everyone in your league is very shortsighted just my two cents
pretty much agree with this. 3 minutes does not seem like a big deal.

look what NOT waiting 3 minutes caused.

I say he's gone, but if you guys intentionally bid up Rice to stick him with him, then your entire league sucks and you guys are almost as much to blame.

I say he's gone, but if you guys intentionally bid up Rice to stick him with him, then your entire league sucks and you guys are almost as much to blame.
Wow guys. Didn't expect this. No collusion here. ESPN had him listed as worth $65 in our league format/roster config/etc. Considering that Arian Foster was kept for $60, I think that Ray Rice is fairly priced.

As for why we didn't wait, good question. The guy has my phone number. Perhaps I should have paused the draft, but obviously, I didn't. Like I said, he's not always the most competitive owner.

Wow guys. Didn't expect this. No collusion here. ESPN had him listed as worth $65 in our league format/roster config/etc. Considering that Arian Foster was kept for $60, I think that Ray Rice is fairly priced.

As for why we didn't wait, good question. The guy has my phone number. Perhaps I should have paused the draft, but obviously, I didn't. Like I said, he's not always the most competitive owner.
why does someone not there get a player awarded to him? If he's not there to bid, wouldn't it make more sense that his team doesn't bid on that player?

why does someone not there get a player awarded to him? If he's not there to bid, wouldn't it make more sense that his team doesn't bid on that player?
That's an ESPN setting. It's going to fill the roster with guys listed on their autodraft roster until they can no longer afford to do so.

The owner behaved badly. I would put it to a league vote. Ask the other owners

I don't want to be in a league where if I lose internet connection for 180 seconds, some league setting will auto-bid on players for me. You can't turn that setting off?

It is supposed to be fun, this hobby of ours. As the commish, you want to do what's best for the league. Allowing that to happen wasn't the best thing for the league.

That kinda says it. You weren't inclined to do him any favors, which is fine and all, but it still could have been alleviated by calling him and saying "hey, are you coming over/getting online? When will you be here?" He absolutely acted like a knob, but as commish you might have been able to take all the tension out of it with a phone call.If you wanted him out because he isn't competitive, then you have that conversation with him before boning the draft.

I don't want to be in a league where if I lose internet connection for 180 seconds, some league setting will auto-bid on players for me. You can't turn that setting off?

It is supposed to be fun, this hobby of ours. As the commish, you want to do what's best for the league. Allowing that to happen wasn't the best thing for the league.
I do not believe that you can turn off auto-bidding in the auction. As the commish, this subject honestly hasn't come up before. You've either been at the draft or you aren't usually and the computer auto-drafts for you.

That kinda says it. You weren't inclined to do him any favors, which is fine and all, but it still could have been alleviated by calling him and saying "hey, are you coming over/getting online? When will you be here?" He absolutely acted like a knob, but as commish you might have been able to take all the tension out of it with a phone call.If you wanted him out because he isn't competitive, then you have that conversation with him before boning the draft.
What kind of drafts are you in?! ;)

I'd agree about trying to delay the start and make an effort to have everyone there. Hopefully at least confirming he'll be there shortly, or isn't making it so go ahead and start.

Having auto-bid on or off has gotchas either way. If he shows up in 3 minutes then it would be best to have it off. If he never shows, then you have a team with full cap, empty rosters, and no one left worth a roster spot for him.

If nothing else, if you turn it off and an owner still hasn't shown after the studs are gone, I think you have to turn it back on or else he's going to end up as a dead team.

By the way, this is a lesson learned to edit your player values to something you would pay if you're present. It doesn't have to be "late 3 minutes". It could be your cpu dies, the power goes out, etc. Also a good reason that everyone should have everyone else's phone numbers so you can quickly communicate problems.

You blew it.

i think you as commish handled this poorly.... if this guy has been a good owner for 5 years.... why wasn't the draft paused for a few minutes to allow him to arrive? did you try and contact him when you were getting close to draft time and he still wasnt online? he should have tried to contact you as well. i know as commish you really shouldnt have to babysit everyone... but a simple phone call and pausing the draft for 5 minutes could have avoided all this.

he didnt really screw the draft, he just screwed himself... he got pissed and acted stupidly.... again if you've been in this league for a while, why wasn't the draft paused or some allowances made? why aren't you calling or why isnt he calling... very odd to be honest with me.

In my 2 long time leagues, we've paused for a few minutes to let everyone join.... or if someone dropped out injt he middle of the draft the draft was paused immediately to allow for whatever technical problems were going on to be resolved. The draft is too important to everyone (especially in long time leagues) to act so impatiently. so the whole situation just seems like everyone in your league is very shortsighted just my two cents

This is exactly right. He was 3 minutes late. You guys coulda waited 3 minutes.

And people who are so willing to let something like fantasy football impact relationships. etc... are waaaaay overboard. Dude's been in the league 5 years. He did something 'cause he was ticked off that only hurt himself. He recognized he acted like a child and he apologized. WTF more do you want?

People who so readily say boot him are not people I'd want anything to do with.

Let him back in and run his team. Seems like an absolute no-brainer to me.

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Apologies for the double post, but as a commissioner of a few leagues, it absolutely irks me when people do this. Its an insult to all the time I spend networking to every owner, giving them contact information and allowing them to call me to work out scheduling with me & the rest of the owners who show up on time and prepared. I have to sit there and constantly talk to 20+ people to find a date and time that works for everyone so we can have a live draft. If you're going to show up late after all the effort I spend on that, then screw you. On top of it, because you're upset that YOU came late, you go and over bid on players and ruin the competitive balance of a league. I don't want to play with anyone like that. I find it a much more likable trait to just grin and bear (bare?) and accept the fact that your irresponsibility screwed you and its nobody else's fault but your own. Its not like he paid 70 dollars on a kicker anyways.[/SIZE]

Waiting a few extra minutes would have been nice, but you admit that was perhaps a mistake on your part as commish. Fine.

Ultimately it's still his responsibility to be on time.

My problem is the tantrum, the quitting, and the screwing around with the draft on the owner's part. Utter disrespect for the rest of the league.

There's no excuse for that, imo, and he should get the boot.

[SIZE=11.818181991577148px]Apologies for the double post, but as a commissioner of a few leagues, it absolutely irks me when people do this. Its an insult to all the time I spend networking to every owner, giving them contact information and allowing them to call me to work out scheduling with me & the rest of the owners who show up on time and prepared. I have to sit there and constantly talk to 20+ people to find a date and time that works for everyone so we can have a live draft. If you're going to show up late after all the effort I spend on that, then screw you. On top of it, because you're upset that YOU came late, you go and over bid on players and ruin the competitive balance of a league. I don't want to play with anyone like that. I find it a much more likable trait to just grin and bear (bare?) and accept the fact that your irresponsibility screwed you and its nobody else's fault but your own. Its not like he paid 70 dollars on a kicker anyways.[/SIZE]
3 minutes late? Cmon dude. You act like he was 30 minutes late. relax.

throw in the fact that he has been in the league for 5 years....it "irks" me more that the 5 years means nothing than the fact that you feel disrespected that he was 3 mins late.

Looking at it from the quitters point of view, I would be hella pissed if I was running late and you started the draft without me. I'd be even more pissed if we were all friends and had done this league for 5 years. Not trying to say what this guy did was right, but people are pretty irrational when they get angry.

Saying the guy has your number is a pretty lame excuse for you not picking up the phone and calling him. Sometimes life gets in the way of things and you lose track of time. If this was a live in-person draft, I am sure you would have called.

I dunno. 3 minutes late? You couldnt wait or call him? Seems like you guys knew he was on autodraft and let the chips fall where they may. Seems pretty bush league if you ask me.

Thank you for this. There's a big part of me that feels the exact same way. I do put a lot of work into this league just as most commissioners put a lot of work into their league. Sometimes, it's like herding cats.

There's a big part of me that wants this guy in the league. He's a nice guy. He says that his throwing a tantrum comes from a place of passion. I can believe that. At the same time, throwing the draft effects EVERYbody.

Here is how I see this. The OP has already mentioned the owner was not a competitive owner TWICE, suggesting some bias towards the guy--right or wrong.

My question is, would OP had acted the same if the owner WAS competitive? Would he have waited, called? Not accepted the fact that the owner quit. If he would, then this guy was just screwed for being...well...himself.

I understand that he was late, etc.

And while I get that the guy bid 51 on wilson, THAT is when the draft should have been halted if you felt the league was being "harmed" by him throwing the draft.

The facts show you did not MAKE him quit, so would you have MADE him quit if he did not? If not, then I do not see how your "he threw the draft" argument is a valid one since you would have still allowed him to stay in the league had he not quit.

Thank you for this. There's a big part of me that feels the exact same way. I do put a lot of work into this league just as most commissioners put a lot of work into their league. Sometimes, it's like herding cats.

There's a big part of me that wants this guy in the league. He's a nice guy. He says that his throwing a tantrum comes from a place of passion. I can believe that. At the same time, throwing the draft effects EVERYbody.
how does him spending a lot of money on russell wilson affect anyone but the owner who spent a lot of money on russell wilson? people commenting on how he "Screwed" the draft".... i couldnt disagree more... I would want my fellow owners to overspend on all their picks... both parties made mistakes, let him stay

Apologies for the double post, but as a commissioner of a few leagues, it absolutely irks me when people do this. Its an insult to all the time I spend networking to every owner, giving them contact information and allowing them to call me to work out scheduling with me & the rest of the owners who show up on time and prepared. I have to sit there and constantly talk to 20+ people to find a date and time that works for everyone so we can have a live draft. If you're going to show up late after all the effort I spend on that, then screw you. On top of it, because you're upset that YOU came late, you go and over bid on players and ruin the competitive balance of a league. I don't want to play with anyone like that. I find it a much more likable trait to just grin and bear (bare?) and accept the fact that your irresponsibility screwed you and its nobody else's fault but your own. Its not like he paid 70 dollars on a kicker anyways.

throw in the fact that he has been in the league for 5 years....it "irks" me more that the 5 years means nothing than the fact that you feel disrespected that he was 3 mins late.
Its not about the time. Its not about the sentimental value. Its about the fact that commissioners all around the world try to gather all their owners at a convenient time for everyone to get on with the draft. Coming late, after all this, personally, is insulting. It feels like I failed my league mates when my responsibility is to make sure we have active, on time, responsible owners.

The lateness can be forgiven, and on top of it, its not exactly a tragic blow to his team. His actions afterwards is what sealed the deal. He ruined everyone's draft and possibly the season because he had a baby moment and ruined the draft.

Its just like work. You get disciplined for being late. Maybe I would of paused it for a minute, but that's a minute 11 other people are wasting because of garbage like that. Had the owner called, he'd get a little more sympathy from me and the league may excuse it.

Looking at it from the quitters point of view, I would be hella pissed if I was running late and you started the draft without me. I'd be even more pissed if we were all friends and had done this league for 5 years. Not trying to say what this guy did was right, but people are pretty irrational when they get angry.

Saying the guy has your number is a pretty lame excuse for you not picking up the phone and calling him. Sometimes life gets in the way of things and you lose track of time. If this was a live in-person draft, I am sure you would have called.
There might be some truth in this, BUT...

if i was running late for the draft, and I did not call/text everyone to let them know I was running late and, if possible, please wait a few minutes...the LAST thing I would do is purposefully and spitefully try to sabotage the draft (and therefore season) for the rest of the league. I would accept responsibility for my time mismanagement and take my auto-drafted player.

There really is no excuse for that nonsense.

how does him spending a lot of money on russell wilson affect anyone but the owner who spent a lot of money on russell wilson? people commenting on how he "Screwed" the draft".... i couldnt disagree more... I would want my fellow owners to overspend on all their picks... both parties made mistakes, let him stay
His admitted intent was to screw the draft out of spite. I personally wouldn't want to play in a league with that kind of person.

Apologies for the double post, but as a commissioner of a few leagues, it absolutely irks me when people do this. Its an insult to all the time I spend networking to every owner, giving them contact information and allowing them to call me to work out scheduling with me & the rest of the owners who show up on time and prepared. I have to sit there and constantly talk to 20+ people to find a date and time that works for everyone so we can have a live draft. If you're going to show up late after all the effort I spend on that, then screw you. On top of it, because you're upset that YOU came late, you go and over bid on players and ruin the competitive balance of a league. I don't want to play with anyone like that. I find it a much more likable trait to just grin and bear (bare?) and accept the fact that your irresponsibility screwed you and its nobody else's fault but your own. Its not like he paid 70 dollars on a kicker anyways.

Its not about the time. Its not about the sentimental value. Its about the fact that commissioners all around the world try to gather all their owners at a convenient time for everyone to get on with the draft. Coming late, after all this, personally, is insulting. It feels like I failed my league mates when my responsibility is to make sure we have active, on time, responsible owners.

The lateness can be forgiven, and on top of it, its not exactly a tragic blow to his team. His actions afterwards is what sealed the deal. He ruined everyone's draft and possibly the season because he had a baby moment and ruined the draft.

Its just like work. You get disciplined for being late. Maybe I would of paused it for a minute, but that's a minute 11 other people are wasting because of garbage like that. Had the owner called, he'd get a little more sympathy from me and the league may excuse it.
You're the commisioner, you make the league run. If he does not call, I would expect the commisioner to call. It is not a boss and employee relationship as you seem to suggest. Both players and commissioner should work together--symbiotic relationship. I can respect differing minds on this issue. Besides, how a league should run if someone is late should be in the bylaws so there is no gray area as to this issue.

The Commissioner in this league did not MAKE the player QUIT; he quit on his own. So, while I can see why someone would be upset that he "threw" his draft away, the commisisoner of THIS league did not MAKE him quit, nor has he said that he would have made him quit. So, I do not see how the commisioner can then backpedal and argue "well, he threw his draft" so he's out when it did not matter in the first place.

I'm the commish of a fairly long standing keeper league. The owner in question has been part of the league for about five years. He's never been the most skilled owner out there, but he's very passionate about the league despite his lack of ability.

This year, he kept Matt Ryan for $16 and Arian Foster for $60 out of a $200 budget. He showed up to the draft about three minutes late only to find that Ray Rice had been auto-drafted on his team for another $53.

Upon entering into the draft, he asked via chat why Ray Rice was on his team for that amount. I answered that he autodrafted him since he wasn't present.

The guy stays in the draft, but continues to complain about Ray RIce. I apologize and tell him that if he's not there, he's going to autodraft. He grumbles a bit. People tell him that if he doesn't like Ray Rice, he can trade him. He says no. That he's not likely going to stay in the league now.

He then bids $51 on Russell Wilson. This leaves him for about a dollar for every player. He doesn't make another pick. He just lets the ESPN autodrafter fill his team with every back-up WR/TE in the league.

I checked my email after the draft. He sent me an email questioning why Ray Rice was on his team for that much. Thirteen minutes after the draft, he says that he quit.

I found a new owner within five minutes that's part of a baseball league that a bunch of the owners is in. He's highly competitive in comparison to the old owner.

The guy who screwed the draft writes me an email apologizing profusely. Admits that he screwed up. Admits that he threw out the $51 bid for Russell Wilson out of spite, basically acting like a two year old. I woke up to an email thread this morning where he continues to apologize to the league and beg for forgiveness saying that he only acted out so much because he felt like we were trying to screw him by bidding up Ray Rice. He says that he's willing to stay with his team and try and make it competitive (which he likely could do with a few trades).

Question is, boot this guy for completely screwing the league at the draft and saying that he quit? Accept his apology and let him back in? Or allow this new owner to simply take his place?
It's pretty obvious...you already know what to do.

You're the commisioner, you make the league run. If he does not call, I would expect the commisioner to call. It is not a boss, and employee relationship as you seem to suggest. Both players and commissioner should work together--symbiotic relationship.
I respectfully disagree. I spent, as a commissioner, a lot more time than person x, a participant, in setting up and preparing the draft. I sat there and used my personal time to arrange this, while participants give me feedback. You agreed to show up at a time designated and I expect you show up at said time. And if you don't show up at the arranged time, its your fault and garbage like this happens. If this particular person had the testicular fortitude to suck it up, then I wouldn't have any issue with it. By doing what he did, he altered the available talent pool and changed the paradigm of the league.

You're the commisioner, you make the league run. If he does not call, I would expect the commisioner to call. It is not a boss, and employee relationship as you seem to suggest. Both players and commissioner should work together--symbiotic relationship.
I respectfully disagree. I spent, as a commissioner, a lot more time than person x, a participant, in setting up and preparing the draft. I sat there and used my personal time to arrange this, while participants give me feedback. You agreed to show up at a time designated and I expect you show up at said time. And if you don't show up at the arranged time, its your fault and garbage like this happens. If this particular person had the testicular fortitude to suck it up, then I wouldn't have any issue with it. By doing what he did, he altered the available talent pool and changed the paradigm of the league.
I already stated why the second part of your arguments does not matter in THIS case. The commisioner did not MAKE the player quit. Nor, and more importantly, has he stated he would have made him quit. While I understand that you would have made him quit if it was in your league, that is NOT what is going on here.

The player quit on his own. You should not then willy nilly go "well, you changed the integrity of the league" when it did not matter in the first place--he was still allowed in the league.

So, for THIS league, your second argument holds little weight given the facts of the story.

I am not suggesting the player should remain in the league--I am just questioning the reasoning and that it does not add up for this particular situation and league.

The now ex-owner caused his own problems. His actions caused him to be late. His actions caused him to have bad auction values set. His actions over-paid for a player. His actions caused him to quit. The commish *could* have called but didn't. Too bad for the owner.

And in my main league, an owner most certainly could be replaced in less than 2 phone calls.

I already stated why the second part of your arguments does not matter in THIS case. The commisioner did not MAKE the player quit. Nor, and more importantly, has he stated he would have made him quit. While I understand that you would have made him quit if it was in your league, that is NOT what is going on here.

The player quit on his own. You should not then willy nilly go "well, you changed the integrity of the league" when it did not matter in the first place--he was still allowed in the league.

So, for THIS league, your second argument holds little weight given the facts of the story.

I am not suggesting the player should remain in the league--I am just questioning the reasoning and that it does not add up for this particular situation and league.
I'll accept that point. Me personally, I've had something similar happen to us in a league we play for cash. I booted that player after he bid his entire budget on A-Rod to upset the balance of the league on the second nomination. After coming to a consensus decision with my fellow owners, I'm thankful that my owners are accepting and had 20 minutes of patience while I arranged someone else to join. I may be understanding you wrong, but just because you're in a league, it does not give you the right to draft recklessly with the clear intent to ruin the league. You have a responsibility to a league to act in a grown up manner and field a team that clearly is built with the intent to participate. The end result is an unknown variable.

*I might be misunderstanding you so please don't yell at me :(

I'll accept that point. Me personally, I've had something similar happen to us in a league we play for cash. I booted that player after he bid his entire budget on A-Rod to upset the balance of the league on the second nomination. After coming to a consensus decision with my fellow owners, I'm thankful that my owners are accepting and had 20 minutes of patience while I arranged someone else to join. I may be understanding you wrong, but just because you're in a league, it does not give you the right to draft recklessly with the clear intent to ruin the league. You have a responsibility to a league to act in a grown up manner and field a team that clearly is built with the intent to participate. The end result is an unknown variable.

*I might be misunderstanding you so please don't yell at me :(
Haha, it's all good. I am not typing while screaming in an angry face. In fact, I am usually grinning ;) .

My only point was that his commissioner did not seem (maybe I am wrong) a problem with him bidding 51 on wilson and throwing his draft while it was happening or even a little afterwards since he did not make him quit nor had he suggested that he would have made him quit. So, I don't see how you can then go back and argue "he messed with the integrity of the league" when it did not seem to matter to this commissioner--he was still allowed to remain in the league.

I understand that you would have stopped him at the moment he bid 51 on Wilson or even made him quit after the draft was over, but that is not what happened here. Here, the commisioner has not yet mentioned that he would have made the player quit. So, if he would not have made him quit, then he should not then benefit from the "integrity" of the league argument.

If he does not want the guy, it should be for other reasons--that the dude quit, or was not competitive, and/or was whiney, etc.

I have been a commisioner for 20 years and would never start a draft if someone was three minutes late...I dont care if the owner that was late was a shark, guppie or whatever. And as far as his tantrum, put yourself in his shoes. You are three minutes late and you have a $51 player you dont want. How would you feel/act? The correct thing to do is impeach yourself immediately and find someone with morales to run the league. There have been owners late to our draft over the years and I would never had started one without trying to contact them and find out if they were having problems and when they planned on being there. You blew it...........you should resign immediately

I have been a commisioner for 20 years and would never start a draft if someone was three minutes late...I dont care if the owner that was late was a shark, guppie or whatever. And as far as his tantrum, put yourself in his shoes. You are three minutes late and you have a $51 player you dont want. How would you feel/act? The correct thing to do is impeach yourself immediately and find someone with morales to run the league. There have been owners late to our draft over the years and I would never had started one without trying to contact them and find out if they were having problems and when they planned on being there. You blew it...........you should resign immediately
I view it like this; the commish didn't blow it, the owner did. The commish just chose not to do him any favors. But put the blame where it belongs - on the owner.

I don't understand how if you could get a new guy in 5 minutes, why when he didn't show up, didn't you put the draft on hold and get that guy to draft in his place.

The now ex-owner caused his own problems. His actions caused him to be late. His actions caused him to have bad auction values set. His actions over-paid for a player. His actions caused him to quit. The commish *could* have called but didn't. Too bad for the owner.

And in my main league, an owner most certainly could be replaced in less than 2 phone calls.
Sounds like a fun league. :mellow:

Sounds like a fun league. :mellow:
I'm not part of the league in question. But yeah my main league would have no problem finding a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread