What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

>>>> Owning McFadden <<<< (1 Viewer)

really awful coaching there. with 11 min left and down by 19 i dont understand how any reasonable human being would not play call as if it was 4 down territory.

Yeah - they cut away quickly but he looked like he was hopping uncomfortably coming up off the ground for that split second.

This guy would have to fall to the 4th or 5th round for me to draft him again next year, and even then I might shy away. Most injury prone player I can think of in the nfl

They should have just put him on ir. Better yet retire the legend. They talk about him like he's some great player. He's a fraud

entitled fantasy players are so funny
I wouldn't say it's an entitlement issue. A player got hurt, so I'd like to see a little coverage.Then again, I prefer football discussion from commentators rather than the babbling that comes out of them most of the time.

entitled fantasy players are so funny
I wouldn't say it's an entitlement issue. A player got hurt, so I'd like to see a little coverage.Then again, I prefer football discussion from commentators rather than the babbling that comes out of them most of the time.
well i wasnt referring to those posts. more like the posts by guys like rickyg and need2know et al.anyway, id imagine there is no report on his injury bc its way to early to assess, determine and address.

Allen said he re injured the ankle, and was pulled from the game. Unsure how serious it is.

Thanks for the one game Mcfadden. Never again....

Allen said he re injured the ankle, and was pulled from the game. Unsure how serious it is. Thanks for the one game Mcfadden. Never again....
I love his talent and upside/potential. With that said, yeah, never again. Can't take the injury roller coaster. Speaking rationally, if he's healthy, practicing well, and active sure I'd start him Week 15 and 16. But yeah, never spending an early pick on him and planning on getting through another season with him again. Just too frustrating to deal with and manage.

Allen said he re injured the ankle, and was pulled from the game. Unsure how serious it is. Thanks for the one game Mcfadden. Never again....
Careful solorca. You shouldn't complain about your 1st roun pick being a bust, lest guys like cpvonka tag you as entitled. &lt;gimme a break&gt;

clean house folks... get him off your roster it feels phenomenal

... traded him before the trade deadline in 2 leagues... I suggest doing the same.

I will always root for him, but hes not worth the hassle

I love his talent and upside/potential. With that said, yeah, never again. Can't take the injury roller coaster. Speaking rationally, if he's healthy, practicing well, and active sure I'd start him Week 15 and 16. But yeah, never spending an early pick on him and planning on getting through another season with him again. Just too frustrating to deal with and manage.
At this point, I have little hope in him playing again this season. The team is going nowhere and he reinjured the same ankle. I wouldn't be shocked if he's on IR by this time next week. There is no reason for the team to play him.The bad part is that with Goodson back and Stewart's involvement last week, there is no way to have a good feeling on which direction to go with a backup to him. Even with a good matchup next week against KC, I don't think you could feel comfortable starting any RB on the Raiders if Mcfadden is out. Goodson being back screws up the Reece possibilities, because we have no clue how they would use all the players.

Careful solorca. You shouldn't complain about your 1st roun pick being a bust, lest guys like cpvonka tag you as entitled. &lt;gimme a break&gt;
ya, this is exactly the entitlement speak i am ridiculing. its not dmac's fault your fantasy team is lacking. have some gd perspective.

ya, this is exactly the entitlement speak i am ridiculing. its not dmac's fault your fantasy team is lacking. have some gd perspective.
Sorry, but this thread is titled "owning McFadden" and it has to do with every aspect of owning McFadden in a fantasy football league, including complaining about him if he is a bust (which he has been...perhaps a top 2 or 3 bust of 2012), as well as discussing his draft status moving forward. It is well within the topic of this thread to vent frustrations about him. Perhaps you are a bit sore BC I called you out in the buy dez Bryant thread after you claimed dez just isn't that good and he is Braylon Edwards part 2? Regardless, you are really reaching by complaining about people who complain about Darren McFadden in a thread dedicated to all of the joys AND pains associated with owning Darren McFadden in fantasy football. There is nothing entitled about our complaining. People are pissed about their 1st round bust and are venting. What is with people in this forum lately? So freaking pc that you need to walk on egg shells. Sheesh

Even though I hate the Raiders, McFadden is a shame. He is such a beast when he plays most of the time, but the guy just can't stay healthy. The Bronco fan in me loves seeing the Raiders suffer, but the football fan in me hates seeing such a stud go to waste cause he can't stay healthy.

god ####### damnit. I really thought he'd do some damage for me in the playoffs. At least he got a TD for some folks, lol!

Sorry, but this thread is titled "owning McFadden" and it has to do with every aspect of owning McFadden in a fantasy football league, including complaining about him if he is a bust (which he has been...perhaps a top 2 or 3 bust of 2012), as well as discussing his draft status moving forward. It is well within the topic of this thread to vent frustrations about him. Perhaps you are a bit sore BC I called you out in the buy dez Bryant thread after you claimed dez just isn't that good and he is Braylon Edwards part 2? Regardless, you are really reaching by complaining about people who complain about Darren McFadden in a thread dedicated to all of the joys AND pains associated with owning Darren McFadden in fantasy football. There is nothing entitled about our complaining. People are pissed about their 1st round bust and are venting. What is with people in this forum lately? So freaking pc that you need to walk on egg shells. Sheesh
not really sure how whining like an entitled brat and making bigoted remarks is at all interesting dialogue. making poor predictions may or may not be.

not really sure how whining like an entitled brat and making bigoted remarks is at all interesting dialogue. making poor predictions may or may not be.
So now we are entitled brats huh? Listen pops, I am entitled. Entitled to my own opinion. If you can't see that dmc is damaged goods, a bust of epic scale, and also get upset when others give their views what does that make you? At the very least narrow minded and blind. What's your view on that? I am sure we will hear it since you like to have the last word. It won't bother me though, cause I am tolerant of others views. Do you know what the word bigot means? .

Last edited by a moderator:
Might not be anything. Matt forte sprained an ankle and came back the next week with 20 carries. Celebrate DMC's good game in week 14 and look forward.

I'm sure DMC owners are :wall: :

Raiders head coach Dennis Allen said Darren McFadden wasn't able to finish Thursday night's Week 14 loss to the Broncos due to a re-injury to his ankle.

McFadden touched the ball seven times in the first half and then opened the third quarter with a 36-yard run before not being heard from much the rest of the way. One could have just brushed off the low touch-count and chalked it up to the Raiders being down large late in the game, but it appears DMC may have suffered a setback. A notoriously slow healer, McFadden didn't have the same burst around the edge on Thursday night. It might be time for Oakland to just cut the cord on McFadden's season. He'll have 10 days to try and get healthy before Kansas City comes to town in Week 15.

Source: Vic Tafur on Twitter Dec 7 - 12:11 AM

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/4649/darren-mcfadden

hung a 14 spot in ppr ... can't complain about that from rb2 :shrug:

Was going against Peyton last night; and I see it as a wash ... sure Manning had a "surgical" night by NFL standards, but ... fantasy wise, 310/1/1 are Chad Henne-esque ... knockout blow was not delivered.

Moving forward with the injury? gotta play "cross that bridge when we come to it" in the playoffs. Held Reece as a just in case stash ... but with Goodson and Stewart, this looks to be clear as mud. :wall:

Though it was encouraging to see Marcel as the #2 back last night ... who the eff knows ... maybe we even see Pryor next week? :confused: May put Reece back on the map, IF Dmac is shut down.

This whole fustercluck has me :kicksrock: , which will lead to :suds:

Even though I hate the Raiders, McFadden is a shame. He is such a beast when he plays most of the time, but the guy just can't stay healthy. The Bronco fan in me loves seeing the Raiders suffer, but the football fan in me hates seeing such a stud go to waste cause he can't stay healthy.
I used to think this exact same thing. But I watched every Raiders game the first 7-8 weeks and dude, i'm here to tell you DMC just didn't look good. No beast this year. Every run, EVERY RUN, was into the line for 2 maybe 3 yards. Catching balls was ok, but he just didn't look good. Blame it on zone blocking or whatever. The sad truth is that when Goodson starting getting some snaps, he just loked beter, plain and simple.I traded DMC after he got hurt to a team playing for next year. It feels great.

I hate DMC - such a juicy matchup next week! Is it worth starting Reece against KC?
I just hope that there is a clear starter one way or another. Would be quite the fantasy gift
That's the big problem. There isn't a clear starter, so we're left to either take a gamble in our fantasy semi-finals or start a lesser option. Goodson - Not much action last night, but he's the logical backup.Reece - He was the backup last night, but with Stewart splitting touches with him the prior week we have no idea what his role will be. We also haven't seen him and Goodson together yet, so we don't know how a split would go between the two.Stewart - The wildcard. No idea how he would be used.It's just a messy situation without a clear answer.

No, I think it's Goodson. But Reece won't go away. But I think Stewart will. So glad I picked Goodson back up off waivers this week. Question is do I feel lucky starting him in first round of the fantasy playoffs?

No, I think it's Goodson. But Reece won't go away. But I think Stewart will. So glad I picked Goodson back up off waivers this week. Question is do I feel lucky starting him in first round of the fantasy playoffs?
That's the problem. It's impossible to know what the plan will be going into next week (even if Allen gives us information, you can't really be confident in it), so you're pretty much gambling with your chances at winning your league if you start a Raiders RB.Personally, I have to hope and pray that Marshawn Lynch and Demarco Murray stay healthy this week, or I'm toast.This comeback for Mcfadden was actually the worst thing that could happen for his owners because it completely removed the chance for clarity on the running back situation. Now we're into the final two fantasy weeks with a combination of backs that we've never seen together for the team (at least with DMC out at the time).

According to Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole, Darren McFadden's ankle was "tweaked" in the fourth quarter of Thursday's game, and the injury is "not as serious" as the previous high-ankle sprain.

"We'll see," adds a seemingly skeptical Cole, who has been plugged in to the Raiders and specifically McFadden over the past couple of months. "I don't really know exactly where it is; I just know he wasn't able to finish the game," coach Dennis Allen said. "Concern is more with the injuries in the secondary." McFadden has 10 days to rest before the Week 15 tilt with the Chiefs. Marcel Reece would likely split touches with Mike Goodson if McFadden is sidelined.
Here's to hoping he'll be okay 10 days from now. :thumbup:

I'm on board with this. Once you take off the FF goggles you want to root for a guy like that to succeed who's had so much adversity in terms of staying healthy.

LOL. Sat him. He had a decent game and gets injured. Wow. Worst of both worlds.

Hopefully, he can put it together and get healthy for KC. Otherwise, I am avoiding this backfield and OAK in general. Got burned last week when stewart started getting touches over Reece. Now Goodson is healthy - who knows?

This is a simple play DMC or avoid the situation in my book.

Rest up and get healthy DMC.

According to Yahoo! Sports' Jason Cole, Darren McFadden's ankle was "tweaked" in the fourth quarter of Thursday's game, and the injury is "not as serious" as the previous high-ankle sprain.

"We'll see," adds a seemingly skeptical Cole, who has been plugged in to the Raiders and specifically McFadden over the past couple of months. "I don't really know exactly where it is; I just know he wasn't able to finish the game," coach Dennis Allen said. "Concern is more with the injuries in the secondary." McFadden has 10 days to rest before the Week 15 tilt with the Chiefs. Marcel Reece would likely split touches with Mike Goodson if McFadden is sidelined.
Here's to hoping he'll be okay 10 days from now. :thumbup:
The 10 days rest could help. My gut says that he will not be ready, just because it's the same ankle and he's not known as a guy who heals quickly. With the juicy matchup against the Chiefs though, I'm hoping it's just a minor thing. Even though it's "not as serious" as the previous sprain, that's kind of vague. He was out for 5 (I think) weeks with the last injury, so even if it's not as bad, it could still be a 1-2 week injury.

I have a bye week (positive), but through Thursday, the following has happened...- Percy Harvin moved to IR- Hakeem Nicks knee is swelling (the last time it swelled, he was out multiple games)- Darren Mcfadden gets hurt againI'm dreading Sunday!

I have a bye week (positive), but through Thursday, the following has happened...- Percy Harvin moved to IR- Hakeem Nicks knee is swelling (the last time it swelled, he was out multiple games)- Darren Mcfadden gets hurt againI'm dreading Sunday!
Just dropped harvin in redraft too. I will back into the playoffs with this team (top 4 teams of 12 make it for a 2 week playoff), but was hoping to get DMC back as an horse to lead through the playoffs. Probably wishful thinking now that I look back.Probably won't own, draft, or trade for DMC in the future. Just an enigma of what you are going to get performance wise.

I'm on board with this. Once you take off the FF goggles you want to root for a guy like that to succeed who's had so much adversity in terms of staying healthy.
He is really fun to watch, can do just about everything.

Moved this turd for Spiller in dynasty the week he got hurt.. I then proceeded to pick up Reece off waivers and ride him out for a few weeks to fill in for Percy :banned:

I'm sorry guys, but it feels good to root against chicken legs once he's off your team.

I was at the game last night and had a decent view of the sideline. DMac didn't seem too hobbled after coming off the field.

He sat down on the bench, trainers took their time coming over to check him out. Walked with barely a limp as the game ended.

The 'tweak' statement sounds about right.

I was at the game last night and had a decent view of the sideline. DMac didn't seem too hobbled after coming off the field. He sat down on the bench, trainers took their time coming over to check him out. Walked with barely a limp as the game ended.The 'tweak' statement sounds about right.
good to hear. thanks.

I was at the game last night and had a decent view of the sideline. DMac didn't seem too hobbled after coming off the field. He sat down on the bench, trainers took their time coming over to check him out. Walked with barely a limp as the game ended.The 'tweak' statement sounds about right.
good to hear. thanks.
You forgot we're talking about the same guy who jogged to the locker room without a limp after his initial high ankle sprain, only to miss the next 4 games, and proceed to "tweak" it once he finally returned.

Users who are viewing this thread