What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Packers will have 2 monday night games (1 Viewer)

a_rackowski

Footballguy
AT Phil and At seattle

They open the season at home vs chicago at 3:15 CST

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF - Favre returns maybe a .500 team but that's pushing it.

No Favre and they will be lucky to equal last seasons 4 win year. :loco:

What's the big deal? They are assuming Favre will be back and it will be the last time most people get to see him play. He has a huge national following and it will get big ratings.

No Favre and they will be lucky to equal last seasons 4 win year.  :loco:
What's the big deal? They are assuming Favre will be back and it will be the last time most people get to see him play. He has a huge national following and it will get big ratings.
Assuming? Favre will be back, and you can book that. Although with the way he's playing up this "You'd better show me you love me or I'll retire this time, I really mean it!" soap opera, he is losing some of his precious fan base.... :violin:

The Favre factor is a lame one. It's utterly disgraceful that this awful team gets two MNF games and a team like the Colts gets one.

There is no justification on the planet for the Packers getting ANY national games.

Monday night is the new Sunday night. So, it's not that big a deal. You had to know Farve was going to get his retirement tour.

The Favre factor is a lame one. It's utterly disgraceful that this awful team gets two MNF games and a team like the Colts gets one.

There is no justification on the planet for the Packers getting ANY national games.
:goodposting:

:cry:

How in the world can the Packers have more Monday Night Games than the Colts?

I think most people would rather see Manning than Favre at this point. That, and the whole thing about the Colts clinching a playoff berth before the Packers had won their third game of the season last year.

The Packers have a world-wide fan base. You people should know this by now.

:ph34r:
:goodposting: The Packers have a fan base in all 50 states. I suppose they figure people will tune in to see Favre's last games or how the team is doing without Favre. Though I agree it's pretty sad they have more Monday night games than the Colts.

Weeks 1 thru 9 include 8 Sunday night matchups on NBC. Apparently there is no Sunday night game in week 7, Sunday, Oct. 22 (World Series begins Oct 21st).

In these first 8 matchups, Indy, Dallas, Denver, and New England each have 2 appearances. And all 8 games seem to be good/compelling matchups.

Monday night is the new Sunday night. So, it's not that big a deal. You had to know Farve was going to get his retirement tour.
This is so true. The Monday night schedule blows. Less than half the matchups feature 2 teams with winning records in 2005. :X

With Favre they are a deep playoff team, just like every other year.With Favre minus a backfield and a receiving corps and a defense, they are a .500 team but that's pushing it.

Users who are viewing this thread