What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Peterson owners, are you worried; tough D this week and injuried (1 Viewer)

KellysHeroes

Footballguy
Adrian Peterson missed Vikings practice Friday with a groin injury.

The Vikings haven't said yet whether they expect Peterson to play against the Seahawks, but this is an obvious concern ahead of a difficult road matchup. Peterson was supposedly held out of Thursday's session for "rest purposes," but it turns out he has an injury. We'll have several updates before Sunday afternoon. Stay tuned. Peterson owners can grab Toby Gerhart as insurance.
Despite his missed practices Thursday and Friday, coach Leslie Frazier says the Vikings have "no concerns" about Adrian Peterson's (groin) Week 11 availability.

It's a relief after the back-to-back missed sessions, but somewhat concerning that Peterson will have had so little practice time and is nursing an injury ahead of a Week 11 road battle with the talented Seahawks defense. He's still worth locking into fantasy lineups as an RB1, but continue to monitor the situation. Toby Gerhart is Peterson's primary backup at running back

Last edited by a moderator:
Seattle's defense is tough vs the pass. Against the run they're actually quite ordinary giving up 4.2 per carry which ranks 20th. Remember what Stacy and Mike James just did to the Hawks d. If he's healthy enough to play, you've got to start him.

Guess this makes my Harvin decision easier. I will keep Harvin benched and play him in my flex if ADP is out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Despite his missed practices Thursday and Friday, coach Leslie Frazier says the Vikings have "no concerns" about Adrian Peterson's (groin, probable) Week 11 availability.

It's a relief after the back-to-back missed sessions, but somewhat concerning that Peterson is nursing an injury ahead of a Week 11 road battle with the talented Seahawks defense. He's still worth locking into fantasy lineups as an RB1. "We held him out to get him ready for Sunday," Frazier said. "He should be ready to go. No concerns. ... It's more managing him. Not wanting to overextend him. He has a good feel for what we're doing game-plan wise so he should be fine when we get to Sunday."

Seattle's defense is tough vs the pass. Against the run they're actually quite ordinary giving up 4.2 per carry which ranks 20th. Remember what Stacy and Mike James just did to the Hawks d. If he's healthy enough to play, you've got to start him.
The biggest threat isn't his YPC, it's whether the Vikes defense will get him in position to score. 20/100/0 is still a disappointing day unless they get him involved in the passing game.

I would prefer Peterson never practices again during the season, ever. SO missing practice is nothing that concerns me.

Is this the same injury (groin) he had earlier in the season when he felt it was holding him back in games because he was afraid run hard (for fear of tearing it)?

Numbers were pretty pedestrian.

I think they should rest him. :whistle:

17-182-2 last year
I sure could use those #s, but ADP hasn't been putting up last yrs numbers this season
AD has never before put up numbers like he did last year, it was his career year. Seattle D isn't exactly stout against the run anymore (see Stacy, Zac and James, Mike). We've said this a million times. AD is matchup proof. If he's active, you start him. Even if he's got a tweaked whatever. He has the ability to make your week on one or two plays.

I have him in one league, and as long as he's active I'm starting him with confidence

17-182-2 last year
I sure could use those #s, but ADP hasn't been putting up last yrs numbers this season
AD has never before put up numbers like he did last year, it was his career year. Seattle D isn't exactly stout against the run anymore (see Stacy, Zac and James, Mike). We've said this a million times. AD is matchup proof. If he's active, you start him. Even if he's got a tweaked whatever. He has the ability to make your week on one or two plays.

I have him in one league, and as long as he's active I'm starting him with confidence
In fact it would been everyone's career year! Except Mr Dickerson. I was thinking about benching him for Mathews! C'mon man funk dat!

Is this the same injury (groin) he had earlier in the season when he felt it was holding him back in games because he was afraid run hard (for fear of tearing it)?

Numbers were pretty pedestrian.

I think they should rest him. :whistle:
Nope, that was a hamstring issue and is now not a concern. As several have already posted, hearing your stud RB is going up against the Seattle D should cause you to lower expectations, but their weakness is in run stopping. I expect status quo for AP......15-20pts.

kutta said:
After seeing what Zac Stacy and Mike James did to Seattle's rushing D, I'm not worried.
I'm interested to see what happens. For those two games Bobby Wagner, who had been out the previous few weeks, came back and really looked bad. He was really far from what we had grown accustomed to. The coaches really put it on him ahead of week 10 and he responded well. In all, I don't think Peterson is going to see anywhere near the games Stacy and James did and I think if those games were replayed I don't think they put up those numbers again.

Actually, I supposed we'll see Stacy try and repeat in week 17 and I doubt the Seahawks will sit folks with the #1 seed likely still on the line.

Worried about Seattle D? Not really. Their weakness has been against the run we have seen Tampa and St. Louis play Seattle close by running the ball.

Worried about the injury? Yes. I've watched a lot of AP this year and he doesn't quite look right. He has a hitch in his gate right now that is definitely visible when he gets in the open field. I think he has been playing hurt. He played through a sports hernia towards the end of last year. So now he has a groin injury and you have to wonder if the two are related (they often are i.e. Greg Jennings last season). The offensive line has at times not gotten enough push. Also, I have seen AP miss some holes this year, his vision doesn't seem to be as good as it was last year. Has anyone else noticed this?

What has saved his season this year is being featured near the goal line. I still think he is a top 5 RB but at this point I am not expecting an explosion like last year. I am hoping for consistently solid numbers like he has put up so far.

Worried about Seattle D? Not really. Their weakness has been against the run we have seen Tampa and St. Louis play Seattle close by running the ball.

Worried about the injury? Yes. I've watched a lot of AP this year and he doesn't quite look right. He has a hitch in his gate right now that is definitely visible when he gets in the open field. I think he has been playing hurt. He played through a sports hernia towards the end of last year. So now he has a groin injury and you have to wonder if the two are related (they often are i.e. Greg Jennings last season). The offensive line has at times not gotten enough push. Also, I have seen AP miss some holes this year, his vision doesn't seem to be as good as it was last year. Has anyone else noticed this?

What has saved his season this year is being featured near the goal line. I still think he is a top 5 RB but at this point I am not expecting an explosion like last year. I am hoping for consistently solid numbers like he has put up so far.
yes, i have noticed that something isn't quite right with him.

Seattle's linebackers and DBs are larger than Dallas's so I only expect Peterson to carry three guys with him into the end zone this weekend instead of four.

Anyone see the game today? Wasn't able to watch it but AP was pretty much completely bottled up again. Anyone have any insight on this?

Anyone see the game today? Wasn't able to watch it but AP was pretty much completely bottled up again. Anyone have any insight on this?
Minnesota was bottled up pretty well, and then AP sat out most of the 4th quarter cause the game was outta reach and they were in a more pass-first offense then as well. Ponder/Cassel/Freeman don't scare teams at all, and AP doesn't seem to be 100% (hesitation, missing holes, not quite the same breakaway speed when he gets in the open, arm/shoestring tackles he shrugged off last year are taking him down)

The Vikings are not good enough to keep Peterson involved heavily like they could last year. When they were a playoff team, the could keep him in the game. Now that they suck again, they can't.

Peterson is also aging. I know, everyone likes to talk about how he is not human and all that but he is aging and he has every bit of wear and tear as rice and Foster have the last few years.

Adrian Peterson - RB - Vikings

Following Sunday's loss at Seattle, Adrian Peterson said his groin injury was "bothering" him "a lot."

Related: Toby Gerhart

Source: St. Paul Pioneer Press Nov 18 - 9:59 AM

Coach Leslie Frazier said Wednesday he's "cautiously optimistic" Adrian Peterson (groin) will play in Sunday's game at Green Bay.

Peterson did not practice Wednesday, three days after struggling to a 21/65/0 performance at Seattle in Week 11. It sounds like the kind of strain that can be managed even if the muscle isn't near 100 percent. Owners can protect themselves by adding Toby Gerhart just in case, but we'd be surprised if Peterson ended up scratched. We'll know more after Thursday's practice.

Adrian Peterson (groin) isn't worried about his Week 12 status.

Peterson called talk that he might sit "crazy." AD is going to play against Green Bay, it's just a matter of how limited he'll be physically. Unless the Vikings fall behind big early — which is unlikely with Scott Tolzien starting for the Pack — they're going to feed Peterson like normal. Even at less than 100 percent, Peterson is a top-three option for Week 12
looking like another dud, but because its Peterson I'll give him another chance or 2

Users who are viewing this thread