What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pick 2 DLs for week 2 - Watt, Ingram, or Dunlap (who plays Houston) (1 Viewer)

matttyl

Footballguy
Pick 2 DLs for this week.  1 point for solo, .5 for assisted.  3 points for a sack (which is also counted as a tackle, so a total of 4 points for a single solo sack).  2 point bonus at 2nd and each subsequent sack - so 2 solo sacks is 10 points, 3 would be 16.  2 points for each forced fumble or fumble recovery. 

You always have to play Watt if he is healthy, and Dunlap is going against a Houston OL that gave up ten sacks

Watt and Ingram would be my choices in a vacuum, but I agree with umjaker that the Houston matchup is too juicy to ignore.

DE usually outtackle DT, but I'd focus on the prospect of multiple sacks unless all you need is a floor from your idp.

You cannot go wrong.  All three are beasts and have potential for multi sack games.  Even with the juicy matchup I probably sit Dunlap.  Ingram is unblockable and Cincy O-line is worse than Houston's. 

You cannot go wrong.  All three are beasts and have potential for multi sack games.  Even with the juicy matchup I probably sit Dunlap.  Ingram is unblockable and Cincy O-line is worse than Houston's. 
I'm leaning toward sitting Ingram for the sole reason that I won't be watching his game live (I like watching my players when I can).  All 3 could be huge, though.

Hankmoody said:
You should list matchups so we have less to look up to help you.

I would go with Watt and Ingram.
Yeah, I should have.  I started Watt (which was alright) and Dunlap (who wasn't alright) who both played last night.  I was thinking with those O lines we'd have a sack fiesta.  While there were higher than average sacks in the game, they didn't come from Watt or Dunlap.  At this point I'm just going to set Watt and Ingram as my guys from here on out.

Yeah, I should have.  I started Watt (which was alright) and Dunlap (who wasn't alright) who both played last night.  I was thinking with those O lines we'd have a sack fiesta.  While there were higher than average sacks in the game, they didn't come from Watt or Dunlap.  At this point I'm just going to set Watt and Ingram as my guys from here on out.
If you are deficient at another position it might be worth exploring trading one of them for an upgrade somewhere else.  You will continue to beat yourself up on those decisions every week.  I definitely agree with the pick two and let them roll approach but you will still second guess yourself all the time.  I am going through it with Hunter, JPP, Ingram, and Graham right now. 

Would love to, but after last night's cake matchup and no sacks, I doubt I'll get much for Dunlap and I no longer trust him enough to start.

Would love to, but after last night's cake matchup and no sacks, I doubt I'll get much for Dunlap and I no longer trust him enough to start.
That is the nature of most DE's.  If they get sacks they score otherwise not much.  Dunlap will put up double digit sacks.  He is too good not to.  If I was in need of DL help I would for sure be looking to low ball you an offer for him.  If I were you I would put all three on the trade bait and see what comes in.  You don't have to trade any of them but I would at least see what the market is. 

Dunlap is the exact type of DL I would be targeting if I needed help.

Users who are viewing this thread