What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PieLeeg HQ: Magic Beisbol Extravaganza (1 Viewer)

I hate my team, but the key is deGrom. I need him to get hurt ASAP.

If he stays healthy for a while, my pitching will keep me competitive and I'll have to try to fix my hopeless dumpster fire of an offense. That sounds miserable. Once he gets injured I can just give up.
I know it's baseball and it's been less than a week, but so far my team is going full George Costanza and doing the opposite of everything I thought they would. Offense is dominating and all that's holding me back is the suckiness of my pair of aces.

I hate my team, but the key is deGrom. I need him to get hurt ASAP.

If he stays healthy for a while, my pitching will keep me competitive and I'll have to try to fix my hopeless dumpster fire of an offense. That sounds miserable. Once he gets injured I can just give up.
I know it's baseball and it's been less than a week, but so far my team is going full George Costanza and doing the opposite of everything I thought they would. Offense is dominating and all that's holding me back is the suckiness of my pair of aces.

relax, 2 games in and injuries are just starting. plenty of time to panic and make awful trades.

Robbie Ray - out for season
Jeffrey Springs - out for season
Julio Urias - IL
Jose Urquidy - IL
Justin Steele - IL
Nestor Cortes - headed to IL

Anyone think the pitch clock might be affecting some pitchers?

Julio Urias - IL
Jose Urquidy - IL
Justin Steele - IL

interesting that those guys aren’t high velo throwers

Julio Urias - IL
Jose Urquidy - IL
Justin Steele - IL

no, these guys break every year. throwing a ball overhand isn’t what jeebus intended.

Me as I set my lineup this afternoon: Oh crap, I didn’t cut German yet? I’m not doing a good job with this team. Facing the A’s though, might as well roll him out there…

Standings at the AS break

1Yu Maeda BadDoo120.5
2CharlieBrowns112.5
3I was saying Boo-urnes101
4rodg1293.5
5eephus90.5
6Uncle Charlie87.5
7RnR85.5
8Bad News Bears84.5
9jamny79
10EZ Glider77.5
11shady inc67
12Rock Pig Ernie 2.059
13MAC58.5
14IL DTD NA46.5
15ChiefD37

Looking to trade HRs for SBs. Alonso, Joc, Casas all available. Make an offer, or let me know if interested and Ill look at your rooster. :excited:

Congrats @Chemical X A little challenge at the end but basically took the lead and never let go. Thanks commish for another fun season!
That's the hardest I've ever worked to get back in the money. Shocked that I almost got to 3rd at the end! I almost gave up in late August when I dropped into the low 80's.
14th place Rated R gets 2 saves on the last day to keep me out of a tie for 3rd...lol

Last edited:
Congrats @Chemical X … job well done!

Winners, look for PMs to nail down the right accounts for payment…

Payout:
1st - 800 to Chem X
2nd - 400 to RnR
3rd - 200 to Sparty
4th - 100 to jamny

Thanks for another good season, everyone! This league remains a big challenge and winning it is an accomplishment. See you all in 2024!

many thx, i limped over the line with pitching death after death. acuna and semien scoring nearly 275 runs combined helps and of course 1 guy hitting 41 hrs and stealing 70 bases will also help. late miracle picks of justin turner and jorge soler helped. getting a 2nd to last round catcher like heim, who i cut after his injury also helped. plus, saves and holds changes strategy.

I suppose it's time for some IN or OUT declarations, rule change proposals, and some discussion on draft time/format.

I have some availability issues in March this year. :unsure:

In. Propose revisiting the once weekly waivers or whatever options there are
I think this could be healthy for the league.

FAAB budget and every Sunday night/Monday morning.

I’d even consider making the bench size a little more flexible for those who really want to maneuver daily lineups.

My only issue would be trying to have trades go through the following day if possible.
I don’t believe this would be an issue if it’s a change people want. We can change the settings on Yahoo for this. I believe I have it set for league vote for approval w/ a 48 hour window for those veto votes.

My only issue would be trying to have trades go through the following day if possible.
I don’t believe this would be an issue if it’s a change people want. We can change the settings on Yahoo for this. I believe I have it set for league vote for approval w/ a 48 hour window for those veto votes.
I don't mind paying a few extra dollars to have a better preforming website to fit our needs if necessary. Especially if we want trades to go through right away. I know we are limited in what we can do by using a free site.

Reactions: RnR
In theory I think weekly FAAB is a logical, fair and probably better approach to waivers. In practice I've never liked it. I'm too scatterbrained to organize a logical series of bids full of contingency plans by a fixed deadline. I prefer the instant gratification of push button, get player.

Users who are viewing this thread