What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pixies (1 Viewer)

Soulfly3

Footballguy
Just finished watching the Pixies recorded live show in Boston... brings back so many damn memories.

Are Pixies the most unmainstream mainstream band, ever?

are they the most influential band to never get a lick of credit (or nearly as much as deserved)?

is there any band who year and after year still kicks your ### when you put their record on as much as them?

January 15, live at Massey Hall... cannot. #######. wait.

How much for tix to the Massey Hall show?
Believe I paid just over 90$ but Im 4th row from the front.

Saw them a few years ago and the ticket was about half that amount... I dont know if it's because it's at Massey or if they need some $ to retire or what... but I paid it regardless

They get there share of credit and were always critics' darlings. That Kurt Cobain quote resurfaces every now and then.

I love the Pixes - haven't made up my mind about seeing them if Kim is missing from the lineup.

Kim might have one of the most beautiful voices Ive ever heard.

The first time I saw them live about 15yrs ago, Kim started to sing "lady in the radiator" and I got shivers thru my body...

still do to this day.

going to be odd without her

The first time I saw them live about 15yrs ago, Kim started to sing "lady in the radiator" and I got shivers thru my body...

still do to this day.

Yeah, she was mi 'ideal woman' voice. Probably still is. I'm very bummed that Kim2 was dropped from the band. She's a friend of mine and was so excited about touring with them. However, Paz is a pretty dynamic and attractive bassist so I'm looking forward to seeing how she does.

still do to this day.

the more I think about it, the more Im thinking it wasn't that far when I heard it her sing it, it might have been more recently... my brain barely works and now Im doubting myself. seen them too many times

either way, when I first heard kim sing it, i melted.

liked them but never loved them. some really amazing tracks over a number of those 90's era albums. that said, i think there is a fair bit of revisionist history as to how amazing they are and that's fine.

still do to this day.

Yeah, she was mi 'ideal woman' voice. Probably still is. I'm very bummed that Kim2 was dropped from the band. She's a friend of mine and was so excited about touring with them. However, Paz is a pretty dynamic and attractive bassist so I'm looking forward to seeing how she does.
Really? Kim Shattuck is awesome. Had a chance to see the Muffs a few times and enjoyed them every time. They were one of my favorites back in college.

they get so much credit for being influential that they are almost overrated

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread