What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Players Sitting In Week 17? (1 Viewer)

Yenrub said:
shader said:
Chris Johnson is a tricky situation. I am in a league that combines the scores of weeks 16 and 17 for the super bowl. I have CJ. I personally think Fish decides to sit Cj after just a few series. Of course, a few series against a 2nd string Colts defense could get him a ton of yards. Fisher doesn't want the team to lose that edge and he hates the Colts. I think he's going to try and win this game.

But CJ is the one guy that the Titans can't lose for the playoffs, and if he thinks he can win with Lendale getting 25 carries, he'll do it.

Lendale is a top 5 back for this week, imo.
I really hope this comes true
LenDale didn't practice today. Listed as questionablelink

Yenrub said:
shader said:
Chris Johnson is a tricky situation. I am in a league that combines the scores of weeks 16 and 17 for the super bowl. I have CJ. I personally think Fish decides to sit Cj after just a few series. Of course, a few series against a 2nd string Colts defense could get him a ton of yards. Fisher doesn't want the team to lose that edge and he hates the Colts. I think he's going to try and win this game.

But CJ is the one guy that the Titans can't lose for the playoffs, and if he thinks he can win with Lendale getting 25 carries, he'll do it.

Lendale is a top 5 back for this week, imo.
I really hope this comes true
LenDale didn't practice today. Listed as questionablelink
He has not practiced on a quite a few Wednesdays and is often listed as questionable but plays on Sunday.

Pierre Thomas did not practice Wednesday per KFFL:

Saints | Thomas misses practice Wednesday

Wed, 24 Dec 2008 14:00:03 -0800

Larry Holder, of the Biloxi Sun-Herald, reports New Orleans Saints RB Pierre Thomas (wrist, back) missed the team's practice Wednesday, Dec. 24, and is questionable for Week 17. His status is listed as day-to-day. Head coach Sean Payton said Thomas' back is more of a concern than his wrist.

Rhodes is out this week (ribs/rest)

Addai expected to get fewer than 10 carries

Chad Simpson and Davenport expected to get most of the carries.

(rotoworld)

i would like to see peyton manning pulled after the first quarter.i'm curious to see how much guys like Chris Johnson play for the titains. Fisher has said he will play. So I will be stuck with him in my lineup. That's great if he gets at least a half. Sucks if he gets 2 series. Anyone heard anything from the Steelers? I have James Farrior and I doubt he'll play.
Veterans are typically rested more so than rookies. Unless Johnson is banged up, I'd expect him to play at least the majority of the first half. Remember he's still learning, still gelling with his team, physically younger, and you want him going into the playoffs confident and hungry.

FYI, Christmas is making this an odd week.

Wednesdays are usually days of rest for guys that are banged up.

Thursdays and Fridays usually give a good clue who's healthy. With Christmas today (TH) some teams like Seattle took today off and practiced on Tuesday instead.

Bottom line - most will have to wait until Friday to get a true sense of who's in and who's out.

Rhodes is out this week (ribs/rest)

Addai expected to get fewer than 10 carries

Chad Simpson and Davenport expected to get most of the carries.

(rotoworld)
If you pro-rate that for his injury probability, then that amounts to 1-3 carries.

Coach Jeff Fisher has said backups will play against the Colts, limiting the fantasy value of Johnson, the Tennessean reports.

Spin: The Titan that may benefit the most from this is Quinton Ganther, who is the third-string running back. Don't expect to see Johnson or LenDale White get heavy carries this week.

(rotowire/espn)

looks like i'll be picking up ganther

how much is D.Ward gonna play (looks like Jacobs is out) ?? .... i know he needs 52 yards for 1000, but after that...??

..... are Jordan and/or MoMo safer plays ?

and is Portis gonna play at least 3 quarters before giving way to Betts ??

Titans RB Chris Henry to see action

Chris Henry - RB - TEN - Dec. 27 - 11:52 am et

According to the Nashville Tennessean, Titans RB Chris Henry "could see extensive action against the Colts" this week.

LenDale White is expected to sit out after missing practice all week with an illness, and Chris Johnson is certain to exit early. Henry, the 2007 second-round bust, hasn't had a carry all season. Third-stringer Quinton Ganther could see action as well. Dec. 27 - 11:52 am et

Source: Nashville Tennessean : LenDale White is expected to sit out after missing practice all week with an illness, and rookie Chris Johnson probably will be limited.

This affects Chris Johnson. Not sure if LenDale White is definitely going to be out.

I have concerns about all Indy players, but getting to the bottom of what'll go down is like reading tea leaves. Got very lucky last year, with Reggie Wayne getting like ten catches, 87 yards and a TD. Would love for a repeat.

I have concerns about all Indy players, but getting to the bottom of what'll go down is like reading tea leaves. Got very lucky last year, with Reggie Wayne getting like ten catches, 87 yards and a TD. Would love for a repeat.
Only reason Wayne got all those #'s was because he was about to lead the league in receptions and he needed like 9 or 10 to do it.

Any more insight over how much the Cards starters are playing?

Not sure if Fitz is worth starting for just a half over Bruce for a full game. (yes, a not-so-thinly veiled WDIS question when no one is checking that forum anymore)

Last edited by a moderator:
Any more insight over how much the Cards starters are playing?Not sure if Fitz is worth starting for just a half over Bruce for a full game. (yes, a not-so-thinly veiled WDIS question when no one is checking that forum anymore)
Risky. What kind of position are you in? I actually think Breaston is the guy to have in Az this week. He could very well play the most, needing 88 yards to get to a 1,000. And I bet they get him it. 3 WR's with over a 1,000 yards...

Any more insight over how much the Cards starters are playing?Not sure if Fitz is worth starting for just a half over Bruce for a full game. (yes, a not-so-thinly veiled WDIS question when no one is checking that forum anymore)
Risky. What kind of position are you in? I actually think Breaston is the guy to have in Az this week. He could very well play the most, needing 88 yards to get to a 1,000. And I bet they get him it. 3 WR's with over a 1,000 yards...
Pretty important position - Roddy White and Welker are my other WRs. PPR league, with no yardage bonus until 75 yards (6 pts/TD)I agree on Breaston, but unfortunately he's not available.

What's the sense on the Colts' receivers?

Is Wayne likely to see much time at all, or is this an opportunity to rest his nagging injury? If so, does Gonzalez see more action, and will they be effective at all?

Teams with something left to play for (i.e will likely battle for 4 quarters), and their typical fantasy contributors...NE: cassel, moss, welker, sammy morris(?)BUF: lynch, evans...have chance to play spoiler at home vs. longtime division bully?NYJ: favre, tjones, coles, cotch, keller..though calling favre & WRs "contributors" is pushing itMIA: pennington, ginn, ronnie/ricky (though ronnie is #### and did NOT deserve a pro bowl bid)PHI: mcnabb, westy, desean, curtis (if healthy)DAL: romo, TO, barber/choice, wittenBAL: derrick masonSD: rivers, LT (blech), vjax, gatesDEN: cutler, marshall, royal, scheffler (?), bell(?)TB: garcia, bryant, dunn(?)...i think TB is still mathematically in playoff hunt, no?NO: brees (playing for marino record), pierre, colston...moore (though he's cooled off)any others i'm forgetting...?
chicago

Only reason Wayne got all those #'s was because he was about to lead the league in receptions and he needed like 9 or 10 to do it.
What NFL season were you watching?
Sorry, it was the receiving yards leader he was going for ;-)

Pretty important position - Roddy White and Welker are my other WRs. PPR league, with no yardage bonus until 75 yards (6 pts/TD)I agree on Breaston, but unfortunately he's not available.
Consider J. Urban.

I hate week 17 - championship week for us (we don't have a playoffs, just go off straight standings and I am currently one game ahead in first). I have for rb's

lynch - who is out and not a safe play

gore - who is a gametime decision and is probably not a safe play

dunn - who i am starting right now because he'll at least get me 70 total yards = 7 pts

bell - tatum is tempting being the last man standing

Chris Henry - who I am so tempted by if he gets the carries against the colts backups...

Has there been any word on how much the titans starters are playing?

My QB's were soft all year (Favre, Collins in a start 2 league) but they got the job done. I dropped Collins and picked up Leftwich and Russell for this week.

QB1 Favre (playing for AFC East title)

QB2 Russell

I've ridden Jacobs/CJ/Grant to the championship and just dropped both Jacobs and CJ for Week 17 and picked up Jordan and Fred Jackson. Gamble, I know, but I figured what they heck :violin:

Right now I'm looking to start

RB1 Grant

RB2 Slaton

WR1 Welker (fighting for playoff spot)

WR2 Royal (fighting for playoff spot)

Flex Henderson (Brees going for passing record)

But I've also got Sproles to throw in there who's playing for a hot team (Chargers) against a very soft defense (Broncos) for the last playoff spot in the AFC.

Open to suggestions if you've got em in my Assistant Coach thread.

Any more insight over how much the Cards starters are playing?

Not sure if Fitz is worth starting for just a half over Bruce for a full game. (yes, a not-so-thinly veiled WDIS question when no one is checking that forum anymore)
I truly believe Breaston will be the beneficiary of Boldin's absence. He has been tremendously productive during weeks Boldin did not play. I anticipate Boldin resting this week. Fitz will also get his touches and yards and at least one score.
Consider J. Urban.
Another Zona WR that could be productive this week, for sure, but I still think Breaston is the man.

Fitz is rated pretty high on most projections this week. I'm rolling the dice that he plays a good portion of the game and starting him over Welker in the winds at Buffalo (yes, I know Welker will be targeted with short passes, but still). Okay.........here's one of my tough ones today. Maurice Morris or LeRon McClain (to go along with Cedric Benson this week)? I'm leaning Morris because he's getting a higher percentage of carries. Although, if AZ jumps out in front........I could be in trouble if Seattle starts throwing the ball over all the yard.

By "position", I meant in regards to your opponent(s). If you are in the catbird seat, go more conservative. If not, roll dem' bones with Fitz.

Fitz is rated pretty high on most projections this week. I'm rolling the dice that he plays a good portion of the game and starting him over Welker in the winds at Buffalo (yes, I know Welker will be targeted with short passes, but still). Okay.........here's one of my tough ones today. Maurice Morris or LeRon McClain (to go along with Cedric Benson this week)? I'm leaning Morris because he's getting a higher percentage of carries. Although, if AZ jumps out in front........I could be in trouble if Seattle starts throwing the ball over all the yard.
PPR? MoMo is closer. Odds are McClain is the better start - but BAL could pull him if NE loses.Wait until 3:30 or so to decide if you can.

I'm pretty much in the same boat, except I will be starting 3 RBs with my flex. Cedric is the best of the three with winds likely to force more running. Of the other two, I think I am rating Mo as the better play. He has been getting most of the carries the last few weeks. McGahee actually had a good game against Dallas and I think Balt might move more towards a committee approach. Plus there is the wild card of being the late game. If Buff beats NE then Balt has nothing to play for and could empty the bench. The other option that I have been considering is picking up Fred Jackson and playing him over McClain. With Lynch out and the passing game looking to be miminal with high winds Fred should get plenty of looks. Is this an option for you?

By "position", I meant in regards to your opponent(s). If you are in the catbird seat, go more conservative. If not, roll dem' bones with Fitz.
Gotcha - misunderstood. I have a slight lead heading into the finale, so every point is critical. May just play it safe and go with Bruce - probably good for 5-6 receptions and 60-70 yards. Maybe even a short TD especially since Gore may not be in there.

Note that Fox Sports just said that Eli Manning will likely get pulled in the 3rd quarter.

I'm wondering what they'll do with Derrick Ward with Jacobs out... I hope they keep Ward in, cause I think I'm stuck playing him at my Flex.

FBG has Wayne as a top 10 WR this week...has anyone heard something to back this up? As of right now I can't imagine him playing past halftime

12-87, no TDs, 1 lost fumble.

Note that Fox Sports just said that Eli Manning will likely get pulled in the 3rd quarter. I'm wondering what they'll do with Derrick Ward with Jacobs out... I hope they keep Ward in, cause I think I'm stuck playing him at my Flex.
I'm pretty confident he will stay in until when/if he gets the 52 yards he needs to get to 1000. After that, who knows? I think there will be plenty of Ahmad Bradshaw sightings in the second half.

CHRIS JOHNSON INACTIVE

Titans | Week 17 Inactives

Sun, 28 Dec 2008 09:18:40 -0800

The Tennessee Titans have declared DL Albert Haynesworth, RB Chris Johnson, DL Dave Ball, LB David Thornton, WR Justin Gage, C Kevin Mawae, DL Kyle Vanden Bosch, CB Nick Harper inactive for Week 17.

12-87, no TDs, 1 lost fumble.
TouchéNow, for any news on today?

Wayne is not inactive (no surprise, but late scratches of healthy players are not all that uncommon in week seventeen), but I'd like to hear anything more that's been said about game plan...

Gotcha - misunderstood. I have a slight lead heading into the finale, so every point is critical. May just play it safe and go with Bruce - probably good for 5-6 receptions and 60-70 yards. Maybe even a short TD especially since Gore may not be in there.
Fortunately, went with Fitz and was greatly rewarded.Hope it went well for everyone else - this was a great thread this week and thanks for all the insight. :unsure:

Users who are viewing this thread