What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Playoff Flex (1 Viewer)

Tackierfern

Footballguy
Hi all, 

0.5 PPR league.  I'm favored to win my first playoff matchup by about 15 points, in case that plays into folks opinions.  Right now have Theilen sitting in my Flex spot, but signs or pointing to him now sitting out and I don't know that I want to risk him leaving the game early even if he does play.  Here are my other options - I'm tempted to go with Slayton, but not sure if an RB would be a safer bet.  Happy to answer you questions as well!

Patrick Laird vs. NYJ

John Ross vs. CLE

Darius Slayton vs. PHI

Matt Breida vs. NO

Being favored does factor into my answer here.

Laird is your volume guy. But he averaged .5 yards a carry last week. He still turned in a good performance in fantasy though.

John Ross is your high ceiling, low floor guy. If you were projected to lose, I would pick him. He is basically DJAX

Slayton is your safest play.

I don't trust any SF RB to get me points. Too congested back there

I was about to echo The Fungi's answer, but...I don't know if I'd count on Slayton as a safe play with the change in QB to Manning.

The Giants will have everyone back except maybe Engram (expected to play right now, but maybe not full strength). I'd expect Manning to trust the WRs he's used to playing with from before the benching. While the Jets D against the run has been strong, I think Fungi is right about volume with Laird, and volume matters.

I don't envy you on this one. I think the safe play is Laird, but it's really close.

Users who are viewing this thread