What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Please keep Chance in your thoughts and prayers (1 Viewer)

Long time lurker, but I seldom post. I've read and followed this thread from the beginning.

BB, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. You have handled this with more dignity and grace than I ever would have thought possible. I do not believe I would have been able to project such a positive outlook as you have through such a heart wrenching ordeal.

My family has had the prospect of a potentially fatal heart condition with my son hanging over our heads for the past 8 years, so I would like to think I would be able to draw strength from how you have handled such a devastating tragedy. Luckily, my sons heart condition seems to be a very benign case, but in the beginning the prospect of losing him was terrifying. I continue to read and admire you, and Mr. Ham as well, for the way you project positive energy from such a terribly personal loss.

God speed to you and your family.

Cheeseypoof

I shook my head at the update as in being a year ago. So much has happened that it doesn't even seem like a year has gone by. Yet, out of all that has happened, not much of it matters compared to this event. Geez.

bigbottom said:
One year ago today, our dear Chance became an angel. He has been with me every day since, in my thoughts and in my heart. I see him everywhere, and in everything. The pain of loss is so inextricably intertwined with the joy of remembrance. It seems unfathomable that two seemingly contradictory feelings could coexist in such a deep and fundamental manner. I miss you so much Chance, and I look forward to the day when we are reunited. Until then, I will do my best to live the life that I know you would want me to live, and I will spend every day caring for your loving mother and little brother. I love you Chance.
Thoughts, and prayers are with you and your family today bb.

Great pic of Chance there.

:manhug:

Sorry for your loss. I hope it gets easier for you to transform from mourning his loss to celebrating his memory. Quite possibly the hardest of the "easier said than done" things we must tackle in life. Best wishes, God Bless

Was just in Vegas and played blackjack with a guy who had a son die of cancer. Ripped my heart out to hear him tell the story just like your story BB. I wanted to stop in to say that this thread and Chance's story has had a big impact on my life and how I view the world with regards to my two young daughters.

He has had a lasting impression and I want to thank you for sharing the courage he showed and the strength and love you showed.

Was just in Vegas and played blackjack with a guy who had a son die of cancer. Ripped my heart out to hear him tell the story just like your story BB. I wanted to stop in to say that this thread and Chance's story has had a big impact on my life and how I view the world with regards to my two young daughters.

He has had a lasting impression and I want to thank you for sharing the courage he showed and the strength and love you showed.
Thank you so much for your kind words. It means more than you can ever know. And hug those little girls of yours!

I was just explaining to my wife about Chance last night. I was showing her what charity I have set up for our Amazon Smile account. She loved all the pictures of Chance on the foundation website. I was telling her what an awesome bagpiper Chance was.

GB you and your family BB. Chance's story continues to touch people.

Hey bb - just seeing this thread for the first time. Gonna read more tonight but I've already read enough to want to express my best wishes to you and your family. Your tribute to Chase was amazing. Take care bro.

I was just explaining to my wife about Chance last night. I was showing her what charity I have set up for our Amazon Smile account. She loved all the pictures of Chance on the foundation website. I was telling her what an awesome bagpiper Chance was.

Thanks for posting this, somehow I missed earlier that Chance's foundation was an option. Just swapped it over and bought something. Your family remains in my prayers BB.

So awesome. I never cease to be overwhelmed by the spirit and generosity of this place. It is truly astonishing what our humble foundation has been able to accomplish in just nine months since we launched, and it's all because the support we've received has exceeded even our wildest expectations. Love you guys!

Thanks for posting this, somehow I missed earlier that Chance's foundation was an option. Just swapped it over and bought something. Your family remains in my prayers BB.
What's the foundation name on Amazon Smile? searched the thread but couldn't find it

What's the foundation name on Amazon Smile? searched the thread but couldn't find it
Chance for Hope Foundation, Pearland Texas.

Chance for Hope Foundation, Pearland Texas.
Thanks. All set. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread