What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Position changes (1 Viewer)

BroncosFan07

Footballguy
What key fantasy players are looking at position changes because of scheme changes 4-3/3-4?  

Tampa Bay - will Pierre-Paul or Nassib become OLB’s?

Kansas City - who gets listed at DE?

others?

Arizona switching back to a 3-4 should torpedo the value of Chandler Jones. That was a short trip... glad nobody would sell him to me last year. Looks like Suggs/Jones at OLB with Reddick/Hicks at ILB (I see both as good bargain targets to acquire).

In KC, my darts are being thrown at Breeland Speaks as a DE candidate. Not sure where Jones falls so I'm not buying/adding him, though it seems likely he stays as DE rather than kicking in to DT. The Alex Okafor signing makes him one to watch, but only if Jones somehow gets a DT tag. This article mentions Jones getting "inside pressure" but that could be more of a passing down concept and is conjecture, at this point.

I'm not sure what to expect in Tampa. I grabbed Vea off the wire in a DT required league after a strong finish to 2018 but am now worried his production will plummet as DL on a 3-4. Probably need to see what they do in the draft before we can really assess player designations there. 

Arizona switching back to a 3-4 should torpedo the value of Chandler Jones. That was a short trip... glad nobody would sell him to me last year. Looks like Suggs/Jones at OLB with Reddick/Hicks at ILB (I see both as good bargain targets to acquire).

In KC, my darts are being thrown at Breeland Speaks as a DE candidate. Not sure where Jones falls so I'm not buying/adding him, though it seems likely he stays as DE rather than kicking in to DT. The Alex Okafor signing makes him one to watch, but only if Jones somehow gets a DT tag. This article mentions Jones getting "inside pressure" but that could be more of a passing down concept and is conjecture, at this point.

I'm not sure what to expect in Tampa. I grabbed Vea off the wire in a DT required league after a strong finish to 2018 but am now worried his production will plummet as DL on a 3-4. Probably need to see what they do in the draft before we can really assess player designations there. 
We 100% on this?

Correct, ARZ is definitely going back to 3-4. Roto already lists Jones as OLB and that's what his designation was prior to last year's 4-3 DE tag. It's very unlikely he stays a DE.

Ourlads has added Dee Ford to the SF depth chart as a DE. Very interesting target if you can catch an owner asleep at the wheel. His highest rank across my leagues was LB34. Even if his production drops there's still some nice upside if he sticks as a DE. Personally, I'd have to get him at a very favorable price since I don't see him producing like he did last year regardless of designation.  He's not going to be playing with a lead all game like he did with KC and the sack total is bound to drop. 

EDIT: Sure enough, Roto currently has Speaks as DE, as well. Add him if you can! Dorian O'Daniel currently listed as starting WLB, too. I own him in all my leagues and would love to see that happen. Chris Jones is listed as DT there, which is concerning but could change.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some guys I'm not sure about based on moving teams:

• Dee Ford probably moves from LB to DE
  • Preston Smith - not sure, but he could become a DE
  • Za'Darius Smith probably moves from LB to DE
  • Clay Matthews probably moves from LB to DE
Throw in some other DEs who weren't on many rosters but switched teams like Alex Okafor and Markus Golden, and this is a great offseason to throw some darts at possible breakout guys at DE.

Some guys I'm not sure about based on moving teams:

• Dee Ford probably moves from LB to DE
  • Preston Smith - not sure, but he could become a DE
  • Za'Darius Smith probably moves from LB to DE
  • Clay Matthews probably moves from LB to DE
Throw in some other DEs who weren't on many rosters but switched teams like Alex Okafor and Markus Golden, and this is a great offseason to throw some darts at possible breakout guys at DE.
Agreed on Dee, the Smiths will be in a 3-4 and most likely OLBs, Clay is going to a 3-4 so likely staying as an OLB.  Agreed Okafor could be interesting but Golden is going to NYG in a 3-4 likely a OLB

Agreed on Dee, the Smiths will be in a 3-4 and most likely OLBs, Clay is going to a 3-4 so likely staying as an OLB.  Agreed Okafor could be interesting but Golden is going to NYG in a 3-4 likely a OLB
What makes you say GB will be a 3-4?

Tick said:
What makes you say GB will be a 3-4?
The Pack have been a base 3-4 since 2009.  After switching defenses that offseason they drafted BJ Raji & Clay Mathews in the 1st.  I'd expect both FA signings to be OLBs.

I’ve seen people pumping Speaks but Tanoh Kpassagnon’s workout metrics were a little better. Also the GM talked about how the 4-3 move will benefit both of them.

The Pack have been a base 3-4 since 2009.  After switching defenses that offseason they drafted BJ Raji & Clay Mathews in the 1st.  I'd expect both FA signings to be OLBs.
Fair enough - I was confused about Pettine's schemes in the past.

Doing a little more research on Tanoh Kpassagnon... he had a 1.69 10 yd split at the combine (Speaks was 1.64). I thought his broad jump was average until I found this: https://twitter.com/benfennell_nfl/status/1108397740717953024?s=21

“More about the weight.

Since 2000, only 6 players have weighed 280+ & jumped at least 10'0 in the broad jump

Tanoh Kpassagnon 6'7 289 - 10'8

Shawn Oakman 6'8 287 - 10'3

Kolton Miller 6'9 309 - 10'1

Ed Oliver 6'2 287 - 10'0 ✅

JJ Watt 6'5 290 - 10'0

Mario Williams 6'7 295 - 10'0”

Users who are viewing this thread