What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible trade offer: Waddle/Pitts (1 Viewer)

Jedi Knight

Footballguy
Exploring a possible trade with another owner.  My J. Waddle for his K. Pitts- straight up.  For context:
Superflex
WR- 2.5 pts for reception/2 pts for 1st down
TE- 3 pts for reception/2 pts for 1st down- TE's are not required for a starting lineup.  They are optional.

Either one would be a 10th round keeper- 10 team league with IDP.

Would you make this trade if you had Waddle?

I think its very doubtful the other guy agrees, even in  a standard ppr. No chance in a "TE premium" league. 

So yes, I would make this trade if I had Waddle. 

I think its very doubtful the other guy agrees, even in  a standard ppr. No chance in a "TE premium" league. 

So yes, I would make this trade if I had Waddle. 
The only difference is you don't have to play a TE.  So there is no reason to have a TE.  So the answer is whether you think the .5 PPR more the TE gets is a big enough difference to make up for the difference in receptions/yards/TD (if you think Waddle has more of those things).  

In a league where you have to start a TE then Waddle straight up is light.  But in a league where you don't have to start a TE it just boils down to who you think scores more.  It's basically the same as WR for WR trade.  Based on the scoring system who do you think scores more?  It's probably fairly close so it's a fair trade.  Boils down to which player you like more.  I probably go with Pitts as Waddle has Hill to compete with now.  

If not for Hill now being in Miami, I would have leaned towards Waddle.  I play in a league that does not require a TE either.  I preferred not to roster a TE on my team at all (unless it was Kelce).  My reasoning was that if I ended up with RB's/WR's hurt or on bye, I could never use the TE as a starter.

If not for Hill now being in Miami, I would have leaned towards Waddle.  I play in a league that does not require a TE either.  I preferred not to roster a TE on my team at all (unless it was Kelce).  My reasoning was that if I ended up with RB's/WR's hurt or on bye, I could never use the TE as a starter.
Couldn't you just put the TE in flex or WR spot (most non TE required leagues allow a TE for WR's)?  I have never seen a league that doesn't require a TE not allow a TE to be played in the WR spot.  

Couldn't you just put the TE in flex or WR spot (most non TE required leagues allow a TE for WR's)?  I have never seen a league that doesn't require a TE not allow a TE to be played in the WR spot.  
We play best ball and yes, the TE can be in the WR "flex" so to speak.  You just don't have to have a TE is you don't want to.  For further context, 2years ago, T. Kelce was the number one player overall...so a terrific TE can be a benefit.

Back to the trade offer, the team that would be receiving Waddle is a huge, lifelong Dolphins fan.  I'm also a fan of the Dolphins, but not as big of one as he is.  Offer has been sent.  I'll keep you updated to the outcome.

We play best ball and yes, the TE can be in the WR "flex" so to speak.  You just don't have to have a TE is you don't want to.  For further context, 2years ago, T. Kelce was the number one player overall...so a terrific TE can be a benefit.

Back to the trade offer, the team that would be receiving Waddle is a huge, lifelong Dolphins fan.  I'm also a fan of the Dolphins, but not as big of one as he is.  Offer has been sent.  I'll keep you updated to the outcome.
Knowing it is best ball could change things on the evaluation.  That would have been a helpful piece of information in the trade evaluation.  In this particular case I would say that both Waddle and Pitts are fairly close in  "blow up" game potential so it may end up being a wash in the evaluation to some.  

Users who are viewing this thread