What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Possible trades in a deep keeper (1 Viewer)

Bandito

Footballguy
In a PPR league where roughly 110 players will be kept, I find myself in a situation where my best backs are Brian Robinson and any of the Bears backs. I also have LaPorta AND Pitts.

One team is going into a total tear down for youth and has all of Mixon, Pollard and both of the GB backs on the block.

For keeper purposes, I’ll either have to go with Robinson as my only kept RB, or sacrifice one of Jayden Reed/Pitts.

If I could, should I turn Pitts into one of Mixon/Pollard? I know they both have uncertain situations. But I’m thinking either would be a better keeper than a Bears back. And while I still believe Pitts can have a decent post-Arthur Smith career, LaPorta takes the pressure off having to wait out the Atlanta situation.

Thoughts?

In a PPR league where roughly 110 players will be kept, I find myself in a situation where my best backs are Brian Robinson and any of the Bears backs. I also have LaPorta AND Pitts.

One team is going into a total tear down for youth and has all of Mixon, Pollard and both of the GB backs on the block.

For keeper purposes, I’ll either have to go with Robinson as my only kept RB, or sacrifice one of Jayden Reed/Pitts.

If I could, should I turn Pitts into one of Mixon/Pollard? I know they both have uncertain situations. But I’m thinking either would be a better keeper than a Bears back. And while I still believe Pitts can have a decent post-Arthur Smith career, LaPorta takes the pressure off having to wait out the Atlanta situation.

Thoughts?
I like the idea of trading Pitts and there could be some hype that grows over the offseason depending who the hire. If they manage to get say Ben Johnson from DET then everyone is going to go bonkers that Pitts will get unlocked like LaPorta did this year. Right now though I think Pitts value is lower than it should be and will continue to rise closer to the season.

A few questions for you - how many keepers does everyone keep - is it set or base on draft picks/position etc? When is your draft and when do you have to decide your keepers? Waiting to trade Pitts for when the offseason hype might hit if they get a new offensive coach is the way to go.

Side note - keep Jayden Reed if you can. A few guys who scout and track WRs really really like this kid and they believe he will only get better.

My thoughts on Mixon - in my main dynasty league I traded for Mixon mid-season and he helped me win the trophy down the stretch. He had a great finish to the regular season. Having said that he carries more risk as he is older (will be 28 next year) and always has a cloud hanging over him. He did re-do his contract so he is a bit more cap friendly and I would assume CIN invites him back next year but that could be his last year. Very risky trading for MIxon right now and I would stay away. For next year, Mixon would be a mid-season guy I target if I need a RB and won't break the bank due to his age.

Some final thoughts - in a deep keeper league I believe Pitts has more value than MIxon right now so I would hold Pitts and let Pitts value rise.

Moreover - you don't need RBs until the first week when you have to set your roster. I think Pitts value will continue to rise through training camp next year. He came into this year still rehabbing his knee. He didn't look right for the first half of the season. With a full offseason of rehab and conditioning, plus the new coach and some TC hype his value will be much higher next August/Sept. At that time I feel you could trade for a RB if you still need one. I'd really try to hold off for now.

Thoughts?

A few questions for you - how many keepers does everyone keep - is it set or base on draft picks/position etc? When is your draft and when do you have to decide your keepers?

Thanks for the reply!

We keep a minimum of eight. You can keep more by foregoing draft picks, starting with your first available. So, for example, inevitably one or two teams will keep their entire 16 man roster and skip the draft completely. On average, about 110 total get kept, and a huge part of the first three rounds of the draft are rookies.

We usually decide keepers the beginning of August. The draft is usually two weeks before Week 1. I’m picking at 1.5, 1.6, 2.6 and the sixth pick of rounds 4-8. We do have a one week window after the Super Bowl to make trades or FA moves. Then we lock down until Aug 1.

Probable keepers would be Richardson, Brian Robinson, Nacua, Pittman, Metcalf, Reed, LaPorta and one of either a Bears RB (I have them all) and Pitts. Hoping one of May/Daniels is there when I pick. It is Superflex.

Last edited:
Probable keepers would be Richardson, Brian Robinson, Nacua, Pittman, Metcalf, Reed, LaPorta and one of either a Bears RB (I have them all) and Pitts. Hoping one of May/Daniels is there when I pick. It is Superflex.
With it being SF do you have any other possible QB keepers? Seems like that would be worth doing if possible (assuming the scoring requires a QB in the SF spot).

With it being SF do you have any other possible QB keepers? Seems like that would be worth doing if possible (assuming the scoring requires a QB in the SF spot).

Anyone can play SF. Otherwise, it’d just be a 2 QB league. :wink:

I’ve got Daniel Jones, whom I’m not keeping. Just took him on as a depth piece in a trade. The sad thing is I came into last season with Murray (since traded), Mac Jones and the 1.02, which I knew would be Richardson. People on another forum recommended keeping Jones since Murray would be out a while. I did. Unfortunately we can only roster three QBs, and while I had four picks in the first two rounds, I had to watch CJ Stroud slide by me three times and I couldn’t do anything about it because I kept F’ing Mac Jones.

Sure anyone can play SF but it many cases the scoring isn't set up properly so it "requires" you to play a QB because there scoring is so much higher. If scoring is done properly other positions will score enough to be viable SF plays and therefore the QB isn't all powerful. Without knowing your scoring, I wouldn't know for sure what direction to go.

Your QB situation was terrible. Couldn't you drop Mac Jones in the draft to take Stroud? I would have tried that.

Sure anyone can play SF but it many cases the scoring isn't set up properly so it "requires" you to play a QB because there scoring is so much higher. If scoring is done properly other positions will score enough to be viable SF plays and therefore the QB isn't all powerful. Without knowing your scoring, I wouldn't know for sure what direction to go.

Your QB situation was terrible. Couldn't you drop Mac Jones in the draft to take Stroud? I would have tried that.
Scoring system doesn’t overly favor QBs. Our top-ten this year, by average, were CMC, Allen, Hurts, Kyren, Tyreek, Lamar, Lamb, Dak, Fields, Mostert.

Believe me, I wish I could’ve made the Mac/CJ move, but we can’t make in-draft changes. I wish we could. I’d love to be able to trade picks mid-draft.

I'm not aware of any drafts that allow you to drop/remove/change a "keeper" once the draft starts. Often you can trade a player during a draft but not just drop someone.

I'm not aware of any drafts that allow you to drop/remove/change a "keeper" once the draft starts. Often you can trade a player during a draft but not just drop someone.
I have seen it in rookie drafts when you bump up against the roster limits. You cut a guy to draft a rookie. A common format.

Users who are viewing this thread