What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Hype Sleepers for 2022 (1 Viewer)

Burgs

Footballguy
Curious who some of your favorite post-hype sleepers are for 2022?
Here are a few of mine (I'm thinking round 18+ so maybe just for the deeper leagues):
  • Trey Sermons
  • Terrace Marshall Jr.
  • Zack Moss

Curious who some of your favorite post-hype sleepers are for 2022?
Here are a few of mine (I'm thinking round 18+ so maybe just for the deeper leagues):
  • Trey Sermons
  • Terrace Marshall Jr.
  • Zack Moss
Ya all the big 'sleepers' are now no longer sleepers and are starting to be overvalued, so this is a good thread. Some guys I still like above their ADP even though they haven't been gushed over in the media lately:
D. Moore
A. Robinson
C. Sutton
Albert O.
B. Cooks
A. Dillon
J. Jeudy
G. Gano

Not round 18+ deep, but I think people are dismissing Michael Carter way too quickly. I think he could end up outproducing Hall, especially if the Jets are playing from behind a lot.

Rondale Moore is a guy I like a lot. I think he can top what Kirk did a year ago. Unrelated, but I think Moore is playing the wrong position, I think he'd be an Ekeler-like mismatch as a RB.

Kenny Golladay is a year removed from earning a top-5 (at the time) WR contract, and could easily be the #1 WR in NY if he can get and stay healthy.

Gerald Everett is cheap access to a top-5 offense, and probably has a TE20 floor, with a much higher upside if any of Ekeler, Allen, or Williams go down.

Kenny Golladay is a year removed from earning a top-5 (at the time) WR contract, and could easily be the #1 WR in NY if he can get and stay healthy.
I really like the Golladay call. I feel like everyone has a bad taste in their mouth about him (including myself). This might be the right type of person to target.

Some guys I still like above their ADP even though they haven't been gushed over in the media lately:

A. Robinson

You haven't been paying attention if you haven't noticed the hype rocket Robinson's been riding.
Some guys I still like above their ADP even though they haven't been gushed over in the media lately:

A. Robinson

You haven't been paying attention if you haven't noticed the hype rocket Robinson's been riding.
he still has a 5th round adp and I think he should be going higher than that.

He's starting to get hyped, but Kenneth Gainwell is looking more and more interesting.

Last edited:
How valuable is the #1 WR in NY?
I think the #1 WR anywhere has value. The Giants offense will be a lot better this year just due to having an NFL caliber QB and playcaller, things they didn't have for most of last season.

I'm a Daboll believer and looking to get Toney later.
I like Toney more than Golladay, but Golladay is going a lot later, and its possible Toney was just a 4 quarter wonder.

I do agree that Daboll should have the entire offense running better, as should better health, and a better OL.

I think the #1 WR anywhere has value. The Giants offense will be a lot better this year just due to having an NFL caliber QB and playcaller, things they didn't have for most of last season.
When did the giants get rid of Daniel Jones?

Jones isn't bad. The WR's certainly had value with him last year. If he goes down again, or even if he plays poorly enough to get benched, Tyrod Taylor is a hell of a lot better than Glennon/Fromm.

I like Toney more than Golladay, but Golladay is going a lot later, and its possible Toney was just a 4 quarter wonder.
Maybe but those were four impressive quarters. I think Toney may be a player, he looked to have next level suddenness. The question for me is if someone so twitchy is going to have constant lower leg injuries.

Jones isn't bad. The WR's certainly had value with him last year. If he goes down again, or even if he plays poorly enough to get benched, Tyrod Taylor is a hell of a lot better than Glennon/Fromm.
An NFL qb needs pocket awareness. Jones does not have any. Therefore he's bad. He's not as bad as the xfl qbs who backed him up last year although I'd argue depending on what you're looking for in your qb Taylor might be better for the few games he plays before injuring himself for the season. And yes, a real coach is a huge improvement over a male cheerleader.
Either way, while I like golladay as a 5th WR it's not because I think Jones will suddenly be able to sense pressure.

For the Jones/Golladay crowd. I am not sure what you are watching or reading.

From most reports I have read and the preseason game I have seen Jones looks horrible and is already losing first team reps to Taylor. Golladay looks washed, I think that hip injury he had when he was with the Lion's was more serious than anyone thought. He looks like he is running in mud out there.

Zay Jones & Bryan Edwards could make a little noise this year. They're both talented kids. Edwards is in his 3rd year, and the Falcons have London and not a heck of a lot else. Someone will emerge.

Jones has been raising eyebrows with his play this preseason.

Neither are on great teams, but garbage points are still points. I don't mind spending a back of the draft pick on either to see if they pop. If not, easy drop for a BYE week K or D/ST.

From most reports I have read and the preseason game I have seen Jones looks horrible and is already losing first team reps to Taylor. Golladay looks washed, I think that hip injury he had when he was with the Lion's was more serious than anyone thought. He looks like he is running in mud out there.

Yup I agree, though I did read Golladay looked great yesterday at practice and made some terrific catches, so maybe there's some hope.

He's starting to get hyped, but Kenneth Gainwell is looking more and more interesting.
Only looking interesting from the POV that Sanders will miss time. Most Philly insiders have talked about Gainwell really struggling this offseason.

I'm actually targeting Wan'dale Robinson if there's a WR to own on the Giants. Golladay and Shepard have a long track record of being injured and unreliable. Toney seems like he's headed down the same path. It's always something with all three of them.

The only guy this regime drafted is Wan'dale. He's easily available in the double digit rounds. Even if he's "just" a slot WR there should be plenty of snaps in Daboll's offense. From what I've read earlier in camp he's looked good too. I could easily see him catching 70-80 passes just because none of those other guys can stay on the field or they're washed up (at least Golladay and Shepard). Robinson seems like a much better play to me where opportunity appears readily available.

Watched Daniel Jones play in person three different years while he was at Duke. Was shocked when the Giants traded up to draft him. He’s making the same mistakes in the NFL that he was making in college. At this point, good luck if you’re expecting anything different. I certainly have him on my “do not draft” list (unless he is the last qb available as a back up) and downgrade any pass catcher connected to him.

Users who are viewing this thread