What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PPR Keeper: Akers or Mitchell (1 Viewer)

abosweiler

Footballguy
10-team, 1-keeper, 2RB/2WR/2FLEX, PPR.

Who should I keep? I will probably use either as my RB2 in the draft, but who has a better 2022 and beyond? Leaning Akers with upside in a top 3 offense, but cannot decide.

Akers in the 10th

Mitchell in the 11th

I would lean Mitchell.  I think the "SF backfield is tough to figure out" is blown way out of proportion.  They like to use 1 RB and it is known going into the week.  The only thing derailing that is injuries the past few years.  There have been a lot of injuries so it helps the narrative that SF is all over the place.  When you actually look at it, it really isn't.  The only concern I have for Mitchell is injuries.  It is a legit concern but you are getting him late enough that it is mitigated somewhat. 

My worry on Akers is that his injury alters his explosiveness.  He looked ok upon his return but didn't really do much.  Was it because of the teams he was facing or was it that he lost something.  He has had more time to heal so maybe that was just an initial look.  If you aren't scared by that then Akers is a fine choice.   

Bottom line these are two close choices but I would lean Mitchell.  

Users who are viewing this thread