What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Pre Super Bowl Mock 2019 with trade (1 Viewer)

Bracie Smathers

Footballguy
I have 13 defensive linemen going in the 1st round.  

2019 NFL Mock Draft 1st-Round 

==========================

1. Arizona Cardinals (3-13): Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State

• Elite edge rusher widely considered best player of the draft
2. San Francisco 49ers (4-12): Josh Allen, LB, Kentucky

• Take top edge speed rusher
3. New York Jets (4-12): Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama

• Many believe he is the BPA of this draft
4. * (trade) Jacksonville Jaguars (5-11):  Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State

• Provided Jacksonville does not trade for acquire Foles they move ahead of the Giants
5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers (5-11): Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama

• Top O-Lineman of the draft
6. New York Giants (5-11):  Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma

• Perfect fit with Saquon 
7. * (trade) Oakland Raiders (4-12): Rashan Gary, DT, Michigan

• Oakland gets Jags 2nd round pick
8. Detroit Lions (6-10): Ed Oliver, DT, HoustonClelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson

• Was viewed as a top-three pick, does not fall far
9. Buffalo Bills (6-10): Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma

• Dire need on O-Line addressed
10. Denver Broncos (6-10): Drew Lock, QB, Missouri

• Lock's star is rising fast
11. Cincinnati Bengals (6-10): Devin White, LB, LSU

• Best LBer from this draft with speed to cover and rush
12. Green Bay Packers (6-9-1):  Clelin Ferrell, DE, ClemsonEd Oliver, DT, Houston

• Great draft for D-Lineman Ferrell would not normally fall
13. Miami Dolphins (7-9): Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State

• Sweat will probably rise even higher before the draft
14. Atlanta Falcons (7-9):  Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida

• Solid T prospect
15. Washington Redskins (7-9): Greedy Williams, CB, LSU

• First CB off the board
16. Carolina Panthers (7-9):  Deandre Baker, CB, Georgia

• Some feel he's the best CB so may go higher
17. Cleveland Browns (7-8-1): D.K. Metcalf, WR, Ole Miss

• Not sure he lasts this long but 'probably' is first WR selected
18. Minnesota Vikings (8-7-1): Greg Little OT, Ole Miss

• Get last of the top O-linemen
19. Tennessee Titans (9-7):  Brian Burns, DE, Florida

• Bargain of very deep D-Line class
20. Pittsburgh Steelers (9-6-1): Devin Bush, LB, Michigan

• Falls into their laps
21. Seattle Seahawks (10-6): Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson

• Talented but issues may drop him  
22. Baltimore Ravens (10-6): Jachai Polite, DE, Florida

• Another pass rusher falls due to deep D-Line class
23. Houston Texans (11-5):  Byron Murphy, CB, Washington

• Bargain if he falls this far
24. Raiders from Chicago Bears (12-4)  N'Keal Harry, WR, Arizona State

• Some think he is the top WR 
25. Philadelphia Eagles (9-7): Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson

• Yet another solid defensive linemen
26. Indianapolis Colts (10-6): Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State

• 2019 the year to stock pile DL
27. Raiders from Dallas Cowboys (10-6): Deionte Thompson, S, Alabama

• Need addressed with top rated safety
28. Los Angeles Chargers (12-4): Dalton Risner, OT, Kansas State

• Bolt projections are all over the place but OT is a need
29. Kansas City Chiefs (12-4): Mack Wilson, LB, Alabama

• Anthony Hitchens hasn't worked out as planned, Wilson has major upside
30. Packers from New Orleans (13-3): Zach Allen, DE, Boston College

• Can't go wrong going D-Line in this draft
**31. New England Patriots (11-5): Dre'Mont Jones, DT, Ohio State

• See above
**32. Los Angeles Rams (13-3):  Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma

• Small but big-time play maker that could go much higher
----------------------

Last edited by a moderator:
For some reason I think Lock goes before Murray. The Combine will be big for both. 
The Combine height and weight metrics will crush Kyler negatively but his athleticism metrics will boost him positively.

I have gone back to look at how he plays and he just looks better than any other QB in this draft.  

I think he would fit perfectly with the Giant personnel especially Barkley where an option offense and screens along with deep threat of ODB and a top TE in Engram and Sterling Sheppard improving.  That is a high powered set of skill players whose numbers have been held down by Eli IMHO.  Murray could explode if he lands with the Giants.

Ed Oliver to the Lions would be awful. It is maybe the only position the Lions actually are really strong at. With Snacks, A-Rob, and Hand there is no need for another DT. 

ETA: Nothing against your mock- you aren't the only mocking him the the Lions. I just think it would be a terrible pick for them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ed Oliver to the Lions would be awful. It is maybe the only position the Lions actually are really strong at. With Snacks, A-Rob, and Hand there is no need for another DT. 

ETA: Nothing against your mock- you aren't the only mocking him the the Lions. I just think it would be a terrible pick for them.
Yep, you are right.

Ziggy is a FA and he is coming off back-to-back down years for him.  They also lost Zettel who I like and he is doing 'pretty good' with Cleveland as a backup.

I wanted to put Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson higher so I will swap those two.  It will give GB a bargain but I had them with two DEs and that was the one thing I felt did not feel right so this way they go DT and DE and the Lions get a DE to go with the glut of DT talent already on their roster.

Da' Shawn Hand was a find last year in the draft.

Isn't Foles a FA?
You are right he is a FA.

The thing is two teams in Phillies division are QB needy and I don't think they would want to face him and would try to get him out of the division and HankMoody spelled out how they could trade him.  I think they would prefer to ship him out of the conference if they could so Jacksonville is the team that immediately came to mind over a guy like Flacco who I think would wind up in Washington if the QBs went off the board like I have with this mock.

Yep, you are right.

Ziggy is a FA and he is coming off back-to-back down years for him.  They also lost Zettel who I like and he is doing 'pretty good' with Cleveland as a backup.

I wanted to put Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson higher so I will swap those two.  It will give GB a bargain but I had them with two DEs and that was the one thing I felt did not feel right so this way they go DT and DE and the Lions get a DE to go with the glut of DT talent already on their roster.

Da' Shawn Hand was a find last year in the draft.
Yes I personally think Ferell is very likely the top guy on the Lions realistic draft board. I have read a lot that Patricia likes bigger linemen and Clelin is the prototypical 4-3 edge who has the size/strength to set the edge and the skills/athleticism to rush the passer. Plus it seems like our GM puts a premium on the SEC and Big 10. 

Chad Reuter

Verified account

@chad_reuter
Follow
Follow @chad_reuter

Replying to @dpbrugler @evansilva

Oakland and Tampa are drooling at a potential bidding war between Jacksonville, Denver, and Miami for their picks.
2:42 PM – 28 Jan 2019

According to the Denver Post’s Mark Kiszla, the “worst kept secret at the Senior Bowl” was that Broncos GM John Elway is “smitten” with Missouri QB Drew Lock.
The Broncos pick at No. 10 overall, behind the also-quarterback-needy Giants (No. 6) and Jaguars (No. 7). Per the Denver Post’s Ryan O’Halloran, Elway “barely left the quarterback group” during his three-day stay in Mobile. Lock is highly thought of from an upside standpoint, but he completed under 57 percent of his college throws and struggled against top competition. Incumbent Broncos starter Case Keenum lost a supporter when the team let Gary Kubiak out the door.

kittenmittens said:
The Rams already have too many WRs to get on the field.  I highly doubt they draft a 5th WR in the 1st round. 
Not sure the Rams have a lot of holes outside of maybe the offensive line.

Yesterday we saw New England shut down the play-action attack forcing Goff and the Rams into a pocket passing attack which wasn't working.  

The Pats took away the run and did not respect play-action so the passing game stalled.

Marquise gets separation and is a deep threat.

If teams copy-cat New England's game plan the offense could switch gears vertically with two deep threats like Cooks and Brown provided Goff develops as a pocket passer.

Two deep threats would provide incentive for coaches to install ways to stretch the field vertically.

Users who are viewing this thread