What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Question Regarding Tree Trimming / Storm Damage / Electrical Lines (1 Viewer)

coopersdad

Footballguy
We are in Texas........

Last night a storm rolled through.  Heard a splitting of wood while sitting at the kitchen table, but as it was dark could not see anything.  So I survey the back yard this morning and I see that one of the larger limbs (going straight up) from our oak tree has split and fallen, but is still hung up in other branches about 20 feet in the air.  It's not going anywhere, but it has fallen and now seems to be right above our electrical, phone, and internet lines.  So do I call a tree service or do I call the electrical provider in our area?  I looked on their website and they only have numbers for emergencies (if line is down, you don't have power etc).  

I've got a buddy that has a lawn/tree service that can come next week for about $200 he said.  

Last edited by a moderator:
I would try the electrical company first but probably just need to wait until Monday. If it's not going to fall right away, then you can wait. If they don't do it, then you have it taken care of yourself.

I think they way it works here is that the power company won't take down the limb but will disconnect your overhead lines so that your tree people can take down the limb. Your buddy might take down the limb while the power is still on but probably most people won't. 

I think they way it works here is that the power company won't take down the limb but will disconnect your overhead lines so that your tree people can take down the limb. Your buddy might take down the limb while the power is still on but probably most people won't. 
If it overhangs their easement, the power company should take care of it.  Otherwise, this.

Users who are viewing this thread