What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Raiders LB Sam Williams tears ACL (1 Viewer)

Bloom

link

Oakland Raiders starting outside linebacker Sam Williams tore a knee ligament Thursday during a practice with the Houston Texans.

Raiders coach Norv Turner said Williams tore an anterior cruciate ligament, but was unsure which knee was injured.

Williams, a third-year player from Fresno State, was in nine games last season and started four. He had 22 tackles and defended three passes. He was injured while trying to make a block in morning practice.

Grant Irons will likely start in his place.

Well, it looks like the Raiders will be fielding six DL's (or former DL's) in their starting lineup...Not a recipe for success with LT, Priest/LJ, Bell/Anderson, Gonzo, and Gates running wild in their division.

Just when you think it can't get any worse for the worst D in the league...FF Owners are going to want to look at starting their #3 or #4 RB if that guy carries the ball double digit times in a game & is playing OAK. OAK is going to give up huge yards & other teamns will want to control the ball to keep their O off the field.

Will this have any effect on Morrison? I know he's been moving around the depth chart and is currently on the 2nd team defense. Do you think this open a spot for him on the starting lineup?

Will this have any effect on Morrison? I know he's been moving around the depth chart and is currently on the 2nd team defense. Do you think this open a spot for him on the starting lineup?
well since it decreases the depth, it increases the chance he starts at some point this year, but i dont think he could play williams's spot. now if tim johnson or danny clark shift to take williams spot because irons is faltering, that could open up a spot for morrison (or foreman)either way, i think morrison definitely starts in 06.

They don't have a viable WLB on the roster right now. I dunno, maybe if Foreman or Morrison could handle the Mike, maybe Clark could slide over. Just a thought, I have nothing to back that up.I think it's more likely that a trade or a late cut could be starting at WLB by week 2.

I think it's more likely they look around for trade partners. Maybe someone caught in a numbers crunch elsewhere.Kevin Hardy might also be an option.

Users who are viewing this thread