What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Rank These 3 LB's: Woodyard, Johnson, Jackson (1 Viewer)

catoscar

Footballguy
Please rate these 3 LB's for me in regards who will likely get more solo tackles, sacks and picks:

1. D'Qwell Jackson (Clev)

2. Wesley Woodyard (Den)

3. Derrick Johnson (KC)

Thanks

Solos + Assists

1) Jackson

2) Johnson

3) Woodyard

Derrick Johnson had a whopping 1 assist in 8 home games last year (15 for the year, DQ had 54 assists). Maybe it was just a fluke, maybe KC has fired their scorekeeper, but it was ridiculous and hard to ignore. Unless of course your scoring rules ignore them.

Solos + Assists

1) Jackson

2) Johnson

3) Woodyard

Derrick Johnson had a whopping 1 assist in 8 home games last year (15 for the year, DQ had 54 assists). Maybe it was just a fluke, maybe KC has fired their scorekeeper, but it was ridiculous and hard to ignore. Unless of course your scoring rules ignore them.
Geez, that's interesting.

Hope that didn't sound smarmy. That is interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
1. Woodyard would have to be my #1 since he is now a MLB. Sleeper since he has fallen in every draft I have been in.

2. Johnson very consistent and think numbers will rise.

3. Jackson new system so numbers might not live up to draft position.

Solos + Assists

1) Jackson

2) Johnson

3) Woodyard

KC was as bad as St. Louis' historically stingy scorekeeper. Check Eric Berry's stats as well => 2 assists in 8 home games. By my count, 8 assists have gone to KC defenders in 2 home preseason games this year. (8 assists to Rams in St Louis as well, 49 to CLE players in their 2 home preseason games). The problem still exists. But I think there's a thread on this somewhere around here, so I won't persist.

Solos + Assists

1) Jackson

2) Johnson

3) Woodyard

Yeah, interesting - as in "I own DJ and am going to fly to KC and sock their scorer in the mouth" interesting.

He'd have a shot at being number 1 in my league every year if their scorekeeper would loosen up his damn assists.

Want another one to look at? Lavonte David. Not as bad as in KC, but both their scorekeepers think assisted tackles are something to be given out only in extreme situations. David would easily finish the year a few spots higher if he played in some other NFL cities.

*Edited* to add that David finished with 27. To put it in perspective, Kuechly finished with 63 assists, and a few others had over 60. Normally guys who are high tackle guys (like David and Johnson) get TONS of assists. The guys with low assists usually are pass rushers or just lower tackle guys in general. Unless you play with a crappy scorekeeper, that is.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread